Posted: 16th Mar 2017 20:49
I like that.
AMD Phenom x4 9850 2.58 Ghz , 6 gb ram, 2GB EVGA Geforce GTX 750, Win 10 x64

PM
Pain
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
purchased! I cannot wait to play with it!

Thank you again
PAIN!
Me = noob

and i love The TGC : )
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2017 11:16
@Pain-thanks for your purchase, links have now been sent to your email address provided by payal.

Please let me know if you have any issues/annoyances or any comments on the products, I'm always wanting to make improvements.

Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, C#, VB, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; 12GB.
FPSC to GameGuru Tools: AutoWelder/SegAutoWelder, Entity+Weapon Welder, FPEtoBAT
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2017 07:47 Edited at: 21st Mar 2017 07:52
Thanks for recent feedback. For SegAutoWelder v3.7 updates, I hope to include some of the outstanding fixes/additions from the list on page 23 plus the following:

- Add key functions to preview window, for punch/weld and seg editor tools maybe an F1 key to display key functions to reduce screen clutter
- more to add here as I go along making improvements

Autowelder still in progress, tons of work to do there where I can find time.

I also need to make a video to cover the whole of version 3.6 / 3.7 updates.

Currently in the preview window (segment only), keys are:

Q or middle mouse button to quit the preview window (before you can save segments out) - not ideal but seem to fit purpose at time of writing. Autowelder is all under one hood so is a massive improvement.

P - pause/unpause toggle segment rotation
arrow keys - tilt/move segment

for Dynamic segments e.g. doors:

A - show animation total frames and play animation

Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, C#, VB, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
FPSC to GameGuru Tools: AutoWelder/SegAutoWelder, Entity+Weapon Welder, FPEtoBAT
Pain
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
This will be an awesome update! thank you for your hard work here BotR.

I am kinda sad I still have not had any time to play with these tools yet... Its driving me nuts.

PAIN!
Me = noob

and i love The TGC : )
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2017 23:06
please don't let this die.

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2017 06:38
@MK83-thanks for your concern. Although, I've dropped GG and working more with AGK/C+, I'm still working on the project, but mainly on directx animation which is pretty much there and other format exports. FBX format is another one I'm looking into. I'll be focusing on updates again for the current SegAutoWelder and also work on the main Autowelder tool. Unfortunately, work , life and other committments get in the way sometimes. Will keep posted
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2017 18:13 Edited at: 25th Apr 2017 18:17
directX animations now exporting for a large number of animated objects. Still a bit more work to do on the character side as the frame/bone hierarchy rebuilder needs more attention but getting there. it's been quite hard work but have enjoyed doing this amongst other things. OBJ/FBX/other formats being looked into so that FPSC levels/segments/dynamic and static entities etc could potentially be saved in these formats. At the moment the program is separate from the main AutoWelder program, once it's pretty much perfected, I'll incorporate it as part of the main tool. Need to go over what updates still to do to the SegAutoWelder program. The main aim was to make a program that can take a DBO file or binary X file and re-export it out (without the need to use a 3rd party tool such as Fragmotion etc) into ASCII text format that could be potentially edited by the user instead of seeing garbage. As said before it is my intention to exchange between various formats which will be quite complex especially the FBX format but will be a good challenge for me. Loads to come in the coming weeks, months etc. Slow progress but am pleased with the results of this converter tool so far.

Constructive comments welcome.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2017 12:10
Sounds great,happy you are still on the case with this tool.

Dave
Windows 10 Pro
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2017 14:01
thanks Granada......hope to have more to show in the near future
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2017 07:26 Edited at: 3rd May 2017 10:31
directX export now works or at least 99%, with the odd tweak needed (reimplement some old code I took out doh!).
Back to OBJ and FBX format, now that will be interesting.

Ed Sheeran tonight at O2, so won't be working on any projects.

[update-done test on a few characters now including the mighty ElHumongo character and exports correctly with animation from DBO format. I will be updating both Seg and Auto Welder programs to use the new export program (from binary X format also). Now onto other formats...phew.....]

Attachments

seppgirty
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2017 00:14
AWESOME job !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1.Intel core i5-2300cpu @2.80 GHz 2.80 GHz
RAM 16 gb G-Skill G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1066 (PC3 8500) Desktop Memory

AMD Radeon HD 6670. ASUS Radeon HD 6670 DirectX 11 EAH6670/DIS/1GD5 1GB 128-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card. 1GB 128-Bit GDDR5
Memory Size
1GB

Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2017 18:28 Edited at: 8th May 2017 18:29
Silly question but will FPSC levels/prefabs exported with this tool still work with Game Guru's lightmapper? The lightmapping in the preview video on your site looked a bit...off...

AE
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2017 19:13
@Avenging Eagle:
Yes, the fpsc levels work with GG lightmapper, but they are better when broken into "chunks" and also improves performance. The level in the video was most likely not split into chunks as that feature wasn't implemented at the time from what I recall and the video is quite old. I might revisit this side of things at some point and see where improvements can be made. thanks for the comments, a good point.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2017 09:14 Edited at: 12th May 2017 09:16
ok so been a while since I las t posted a video, but here goes.
The video shows initial work on import/export of .OBJ files (ASCII) and full import/export of binary/ASCII .X files, which in this test converts to a DBO format and saves back out as an editable/readable .X text file. Still more work to do on the OBJ format but hope to get these done and dusted soon so I can work on FBX plus further updates to both the Seg and Auto welder tools. as said before, I wanted to produce my own tool that can use interchangeable formats not just .X/.DBO without the need of Fragmotion etc. The aim is to get them as perfect as possible.

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2017 18:33
Here is a quick pic showing working OBJ format import, texturing not quite right in Fragmotion but shows ok here. Almost there, then just got to write code to export to OBJ from any format.

Attachments

Lance
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2017 19:48
Nice to see your still working on it . Glad I bought it .

Lance
Lance

Joined 22nd Jul 2003

PM
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2017 23:05
Very cool ,looking better all the time,glad this did not just disappear .

Dave
Windows 10 Pro
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
seppgirty
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2017 23:47
great news. this will broaden the use of using classic as a level design tool.
Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1.Intel core i5-2300cpu @2.80 GHz 2.80 GHz
RAM 16 gb G-Skill G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1066 (PC3 8500) Desktop Memory

AMD Radeon HD 6670. ASUS Radeon HD 6670 DirectX 11 EAH6670/DIS/1GD5 1GB 128-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card. 1GB 128-Bit GDDR5
Memory Size
1GB

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2017 06:42
thanks for your continued support guys.
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2017 15:15
Very good.

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2017 07:18 Edited at: 19th May 2017 12:01
thanks MK83 also for your continued support.

Adding some code to the OBJ format import/export today which is important that handles the conversion of quads to triangles or triangle strips to triangles which I only noticed. Some OBJ text files have rows of 4 mixed with rows of 3 faces, so need to split the quad into 2 separate triangles. What fun.
Hope to have more visual stuff once I've fixed texture issue (which I have a notion what it might be).

FBX import seems to be going ok also, complex but it's a start, no visuals there yet but soon hopefully.

[update-Quad (or Triangle strip) to Triangles conversion now done, very simple, see pic attached. On the left shows the original OBJ file with Quads/Tri Strips or whatever you prefer. In the middle is my test output for debugging only where the Quad is transformed into a Tri and on the right is the final output model of the Ninja head post conversion. Materials and texturing still to perfect yet and other possible OBJ options to add in as I go along].

Quad to tri example:

[1 2 3 4] = [1 2 3] [1 3 4]
[5 6 8 7] = [5 6 8] [5 8 7]
etc
same process is done with texture coords and normals

[update2, texturing now fixed even on Quad to Tri post conversion, so I'm a happy bunny (pic 2). This model came with a Normal/Displacement map. Need to add code to produce models with additional textures/effects ]

have a good day/weekend

Attachments

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2017 10:43 Edited at: 21st May 2017 07:23
This morning spent a bit more time going back to OBJ format as there is quite more involved than just reading in verts,texture coords and faces etc.
Some issues to fix for v0.8 of my OBJ importer/exporter:

Issues/fixes to do for v0.8:

1. [1][DONE] Detect and fix where more than 1 space in text file which is preventing correct reading of file content e.g. v[sp][sp] or f[sp][sp] as this seems quite common
2. [2][DONE-programming error]Check for Face types where tex-cords not used e.g f 1/1 2/2 3/3 instead of 1/1/1 2/2/2 3/3/3
3. [3]Expand Quad Face code to more than 4 in a row of file text (didn't see that one till now ugh]
4. [4]Detect smoothing on/off groups/meshes etc
5. [5]Detect number of meshes/groups/objects etc
6. [6]Detect materials/textures used for objects/meshes/groups etc and apply
7. [7]Detect where Faces not used only verts or parameter space vertices [vp]

98.[98]optimize code, very slow processing large files, however Fragmotion and Blender both take a long time for large files so maybe it's not my program, good comparisons for benchmarking though
99.[99] remove unwanted code/general tidy up

between programming these formats , I hope to do some more work on AutoWelder as it's been a while. Not happy with some of the segment code so will review and modify where it needs updating/rewriting.

Also want to make updates to Weapon and Entity Welder. Busy weekend as usual with family/friend stuff. Tons I can do during the week and future weekends hopefully.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2017 08:22 Edited at: 25th May 2017 08:24
I'll be adding to the list of things to do for next release:

AutoWelder 1.0/Seg/Entity/Weapon Welder tools where applicable.
- Remove duplicate vertices for segments/entities (static and dynamic) etc.....this will reduce memory/size and increase performance and hopefully look better in GameGuru.

AutoWelder 1.0
- Add favourites library for quicker access
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2017 16:07
great work.

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2017 16:18 Edited at: 14th Jun 2017 18:05
sorry all, I keep meaning to make a fresh new video based on the current version of the program. I'll do this soon.

[update-here is the missing DLLs for SegAutoWelder 3.6 if anyone is having problems running it-my apologies, I thought I sent it out to all]
[update2-just found an issue with saving out dynamic (animated) segments as X files. Will fix in the next version. ]

Attachments

Flatlander
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2017 18:21
Hey BOTR, I hadn't received version 3.6. I have v3.5.7.7. I looked in my junk folder but couldn't find anything.
When in doubt -- C4 :heh, heh, heh:

-Jamie Hyneman
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2017 19:27
no worries I will resend, can you pm me your paypal email address.
thanks
Flatlander
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2017 04:40
I pm'd u, tu
When in doubt -- C4 :heh, heh, heh:

-Jamie Hyneman
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2017 07:46
@Flatlander: thanks for the PM, the links now sent to your email.

If anyone didn't receive v3.6 of SegAutoWelder+missing DLLs, please contact via email or PM me.

The missing DLLs will be added to the folder of the next release.
They are needed to run some of the archiving code etc.

Just a reminder if there is any confusion that Autowelder 1.0, will be the replacement for SegAutoWelder but am making some updates/improvements while developing the Autowelder. Autowelder is faster and has better GUI and all under 1 window.
Eventually, proper PDF documentation will be created for both to accompany the videos. The videos to date are a little out of date, but will try and make an updated one soon.

BW
BOTR
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2017 16:34
ok, not sure what happened, maybe it's my age or something , but I have resent links to all purchasers for v3.6 and missing DLLs.
sorry if you missed it the first time (either that or I am going crazy and I never sent the links in the first place ha ).

Please check you junk folders just in case. All files have been virus checked. Please also remember to "run as administrator" and to copy the missing DLLs to the EXE folder.
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2017 17:01
Received,thanks .

Dave
Windows 10 Pro
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2017 18:55
@BTOR, just tried a weapon from EAI Fantasy pack, (2HSWORD1A) works great with left click, but, for the heck of it I right clicked and got this error. I attached the gunspec if it can help. Right clicking freezes guru test.

Attachments

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2017 19:45 Edited at: 15th Jun 2017 19:47
@MK83-thanks for reporting this, I'm currently flitting between Weap. Welder and SegWelder and working with ErrantAI's fantasy weapons and have been testing these. I'll see if I can fix the issue, from the error looks like it is crashing due to a NULL value being parsed somewhere in a LUA script. ugh LUA sucks ha
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2017 20:42
@MK83- for now, backup your gameplayercontrol.lua script and use this one. I've commented out the offending line for now until I can figure out the blocking action side of things.

Attachments

MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2017 21:42
Cool, thanks.

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2017 21:45
@MK83-also there are a few errors in the gunspec.txt file, but they are not the cause of the error. Will fix the parameters errors inthe next release of Weapon Welder.
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2017 21:50
Okay, that script worked.

Thanks again.

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2017 06:50 Edited at: 16th Jun 2017 07:39
ok, the reason the script errors is because the command "SetGamePlayerStateBlockingAction(1)", doesn't exist in the global.lua (did a search and no joy finding it, but it does have a "Get" equivalent. I've been a bit out of touch with the LUA side of things, but I don't think the blocking is implemented yet but could be wrong. Anyway, here is an updated script if you don't feel comfortable with LUA. I've replaced the missing command with "SetGamePlayerStateIsMelee(1)" for now but you could just leave the whole conditional statement commented out. I'll look into the blocking side a bit more. if you do use the script attached, please remember to backup your original.

Also, in the gunspec.txt change the "weapontype" parameter value from 0 to 51. Looking at the sword weapon under guns/fantasy the value is set to 51. This apparently determines how the npc hold their weapon from what I read in some old docs somewhere, but please correct me if I'm talking rubbish

for some of the commands below, you will need to add spaces where applicable, until I release a fixed version.
start fire 2
end fire 2
start fire 3
end fire 3
dual_start fire 2
dual_end fire 2
dual_start fire 3
dual_end fire 3
dual_automatic fire

Currently applying fixes to the SegAutoWelder and optimising the code. Also, will update Weapon Welder with the issues I found last night.

Attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 20:34:19
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 20:34:19