Third Party Tools / Segment AutoWelder for GG v2.0

Author
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2016 15:58
BOTR, new version is so cool. Works great on my end.
AMD Phenom x4 9850 2.58 Ghz , 6 gb ram, 2GB EVGA Geforce GTX 750, Win 10 x64

PM
Lance
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2016 20:25 Edited at: 17th Sep 2016 21:31
BOTR:

This is another problem I get with either the latest version or the previous 'Autowelder'. I get this almost every time I try and 'weld' a level . On each texture I always have different formats . Does the 'welder' only want to use the .dds format ? I have a lot of 'FPS' to go thru if the 'welder' only will accept .dds ........ The error message says the .png file does not exist when it does .

Even when I do use the .dds file format I get the error 'file does not exist' . I have managed to 'compile' a level before but when I try another time the 'Autowelder' can't find the textures . There is a problem on my end (?) but I don't have a clue on what to look for . This happens even when I use the standard files etc. from FPSC (WW2 - Sci Fi) . I don't have the same build of FPSC as you do . I have 1.19.009 over Version 1 from the CD .

Lance
Lance

Joined 22nd Jul 2003

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2016 22:32
Quote: "This is another problem I get with either the latest version or the previous 'Autowelder'. I get this almost every time I try and 'weld' a level . On each texture I always have different formats . Does the 'welder' only want to use the .dds format ? I have a lot of 'FPS' to go thru if the 'welder' only will accept .dds ........ The error message says the .png file does not exist when it does .

Even when I do use the .dds file format I get the error 'file does not exist' . I have managed to 'compile' a level before but when I try another time the 'Autowelder' can't find the textures . There is a problem on my end (?) but I don't have a clue on what to look for . This happens even when I use the standard files etc. from FPSC (WW2 - Sci Fi) . I don't have the same build of FPSC as you do . I have 1.19.009 over Version 1 from the CD . "
Not happening on my end, BOTR. Lance I don't know if it matters what version FPSC one is using, but, mine is 1.20.17.

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2016 10:15 Edited at: 18th Sep 2016 13:10
Hi guys, doing this on phone as away at moment, don't worry about texturing side there still a bit I need to work on . For the levels it will use the original texture of it finds it if it can't it attempts to look for the DDS equivalent, I'll add option in to allow users to either use original texture specified in FPS file or default to DDS, I need to improve the search side also.
I do find that the FPS files will have .TGA bit only DDS textures exist, so FPSC seems a little flawed when it comes down to the texturing side. Also, if in the FPS file the file paths are not specified, at the moment the tool doesn't find the texture file as I haven't added that code in to assume that if the texture file is only specified in the FPS file, then look for the texture in the segment folder where the FPS file lives. Will also add back in the code that allows the user to manually pick the missing texture if the tool can't locate it. A bit more flexibility to add to both the segment and level side.

[edit] actually it might not be true that the tool looks for the original file e.g. .png, but looks for the .dds equivalent, but it might convert to .DDS, need to double check what I've done.
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; 12GB.
FPSC to GameGuru Tools: SegAutoWelder, Entity+Weapon Welder
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2016 15:52 Edited at: 18th Sep 2016 15:54
[edit-ignore]
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Lance
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2016 16:27
BOTR:
The first 'pre release' does still work (9.9.16) . To recompile the same level again you have to do a 'config' delete and do the 'config' again . Then you can do the level build and the textures do show up .
The latest pre release does not save the 'config' file for me so the textures can't be found . If I plow thru and ignore the missing textures the 'Autowelder' builds the level without textures .

Lance
Lance

Joined 22nd Jul 2003

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2016 16:42
@Lance-The config side really needs to work for the texture paths to be 'complete'. the message you got only had from '\texturebank....' onwards. When I run the program in development/debug mode so I can see what's going on, I get the full texturepath from 'C:\...\Files\texturebank....' etc. Not sure why config save doesn't work for you. The program relies on this info as a starting point to search for the relevant files.

Lance
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2016 19:49
BOTR:

I hope the newer version isn't looking for files on my C: drive as I have FPC and GG on my E: drive .

Lance
Lance

Joined 22nd Jul 2003

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2016 06:53 Edited at: 19th Sep 2016 07:34
@Lance-yes, it will look at your E:drive now as you would have setup your config using E: drive. my setup uses the C: drive . The config file is currently saved on the users local drive e.g. drive C: ....

Also, delete the file "texturelist_unique.txt" under the levelbank folder where your universe.dbo resides that uses the .png files. The program detects this file to speed up processing, but contains .DDS list. I'm updating the program with a "use original textures" checkbox. IF selected it won't create the DDS files, but will just use the .PNG or other format other than the standard FPSC DDS format.
Lance
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2016 16:39 Edited at: 19th Sep 2016 16:41
BOTR:
This what was generated on my E: drive by the first pre release . The second release that does not work for me must also use this because it does open the correct files but to be able to compile a different 'level' I must re 'config' otherwise I get the textures error even when the textures are in the .dds format .

[FPSCX9 settings]
defrootdir=E:\Program Files (x86)\The Game Creators\FPS Creator\Files
[GG settings]
defrootdir=E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Game Guru\Files

The first release also creates a file in the folder holding the Autowelder exe . I am not able to copy and paste it so I took a snapshot . I tried to copy over this file to the pre release that doesn't work for me but it doesn't help . I have also deleted the 'config' file and then tried to run the Autowelder that doesn't work for me but it freezes up and shuts down the program .
I have been doing all this to help you figure out what's going on with the latest version running on my machine (Win 7 64bit) .
Lance
Lance

Joined 22nd Jul 2003

Attachments

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2016 16:52 Edited at: 19th Sep 2016 16:57
@Lance-Thanks for the help, much appreciated. The additonal file shown in your pic is generated by the packer program I use. As I don't really want this file to be generated, I will stop using the packer program. I recommend deleting these files as it may generate more than one everytime the program is run.
I'll look into using an installer program. Will also look into the config issue your having by testing the program so that it works from my external drives to see if I can replicate the problem.

On another note, have added the 'Use Original Textures' option to the level option window so it will use .PNG, .JPG etc instead of .DDS textures if specified in the FPS file. Tested this out on the London level and works fine. Unchecking this option will use DDS textures i.e. convert any .PNG, .JPG, .BMP etx texture files into DDS format. Some FPS files will have .TGA specified but only the .DDS textures exist, which is most likely why I always default to usng DDS format.
Continuing work on the saving out of segments and also dumping out the unique segment parts.
DennisW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2016 18:57
Here are a couple of things that I am having problems with.

1. When I run the program and select for level and answer yes to newest level it can't be found. It comes up with a file name that is wrong.

2. When I answer no to it and go to the directory I find the zip file but it does not open it. When I manually unzip it I can find the .dbo file.

This is on version 3.5.7.6

The new Version won't even start.

I am running Windows 10 64 bit Version 1511 OS build 10586.589

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)i7-3770 cpu @ 3.40 GHz

Don't Ya just love technology
Ham and Eggs Breakfast

The Chicken was involved the Pig was Committed

AGK Community Tester
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2016 19:24
@DennisW-can u send me a screenshot of the wrong file some that is coming up on your screen and any other screenshots .
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2016 07:17 Edited at: 21st Sep 2016 08:32
@DennisW-I've sent an email to you regarding the issue you have. This is easily fixable. As stated in my email, it's due to the .exe text not being present in the build.ini file under "NAME=". I had made the assumption that this will always have ".EXE" at the end and so this gets removed, but in your case the ".EXE" is not present. I will fix and send all an update which will be 3.5.7.7.
Thanks for the find, it's another issue resolved
[update-now fixed and tested-will release as soon as possible]

As to why the new AutoWelder doesn't run on your Win10, I can only think it's a missing dll. If you have all the ones listed above, I'm not sure at this stage what the problem is.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2016 08:37 Edited at: 21st Sep 2016 09:48
OK, so 3.5.7.7 has now been sent to all that purchased. Thanks DennisW for finding an issue which I had overlooked. This is now fixed and you should have no more problems with the recent level unzipping (as long as you have Winrar as the tool uses in-built commands for this archiver).

Onwards and upwards with Autowelder. Just having some issues that I also had with the SegAutoWelder to do with segments. E.g. for the Dark Egypt mixed-stairwell, I get one missing wall piece if I weld the complete segment using all parts. I know what the problem is, but fixing it at the moment is a right pain. The workaround at the moment is to rotate the floor 180 deg and it's fine I get all walls. So some sort of camera issue maybe.
Anyway I shall persevere

granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2016 09:24
Got it Mike,great work,thanks .

Dave
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2016 09:50
no problem Dave.
DennisW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2016 20:24
Just to let you I put those 3 files in the Windows folder. I also installed visual studio 2015. Still no joy. As it might be far-reaching but is it possible that Windows 10 might be different per region.
Ham and Eggs Breakfast

AGK Community Tester
Lance
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2016 03:53
DennisW :

I live in Ohio and am running Windows 7 . The latest build 3.5.7.7 runs for me . Are you running it as ADMIN ? Did you do the config ? Look on drive C: for the welder_config file .
Mine looks like this . I run the programs on my E drive ....
[FPSC settings]
defrootdir=E:\Program Files (x86)\The Game Creators\FPS Creator\Files\
[GG settings]
defrootdir=E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Game Guru\Files\
Sorry I can't help you more
Lance

Lance

Joined 22nd Jul 2003

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2016 07:54
I'll investigate further, there may be other DLLs that are missing. I don't think it matters which region your in as far as I know. Will get back to you as soon as, I need to run my magic toolbox stuff
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2016 08:26
This is a bit drastic but here are the dlls that the program uses during runtime on a 64bit Windows10,:

Name Path
advapi32.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\advapi32.dll
apphelp.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\apphelp.dll
aticfx32.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\aticfx32.dll
atiu9pag.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\atiu9pag.dll
atiumdag.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\atiumdag.dll
atiumdva.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\atiumdva.dll
AudioSes.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\AudioSes.dll
bcryptprimitives.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\bcryptprimitives.dll
cfgmgr32.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\cfgmgr32.dll
clbcatq.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\clbcatq.dll
combase.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\combase.dll
comctl32.dll C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_5.82.10586.0_none_811bc0006c44242b\comctl32.dll
comctl32.dll C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.10586.589_none_ea8aeaa1b9b5d5d4\comctl32.dll
comdlg32.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\comdlg32.dll
crypt32.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\crypt32.dll
cryptbase.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\cryptbase.dll
d3d11.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\d3d11.dll
d3d9.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\d3d9.dll
d3dx11_42.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\d3dx11_42.dll
d3dx9_31.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\d3dx9_31.dll
d3dxof.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\d3dxof.dll
davhlpr.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\davhlpr.dll
devobj.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\devobj.dll
dinput8.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\dinput8.dll
dinput8.dll.mui C:\Windows\SysWOW64\en-US\dinput8.dll.mui
dsound.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\dsound.dll
dwmapi.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\dwmapi.dll
dxgi.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\dxgi.dll
FirewallAPI.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\FirewallAPI.dll
fwbase.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\fwbase.dll
gdi32.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\gdi32.dll
GdiPlus.dll C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.windows.gdiplus_6595b64144ccf1df_1.1.10586.589_none_1b75dd8714484fa2\GdiPlus.dll
hid.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\hid.dll
imm32.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\imm32.dll
kernel.appcore.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\kernel.appcore.dll
kernel32.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\kernel32.dll
KernelBase.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\KernelBase.dll
locale.nls C:\Windows\System32\locale.nls
MMDevAPI.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\MMDevAPI.dll
MMDevAPI.dll.mui C:\Windows\SysWOW64\en-US\MMDevAPI.dll.mui
msacm32.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msacm32.dll
msasn1.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msasn1.dll
msctf.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msctf.dll
msimg32.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msimg32.dll
msls31.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msls31.dll
msvcp100.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcp100.dll
msvcp71.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcp71.dll
msvcr100.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcr100.dll
msvcr71.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcr71.dll
msvcrt.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcrt.dll
netapi32.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\netapi32.dll
ntdll.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll
ntdll.dll C:\Windows\System32\ntdll.dll
ole32.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ole32.dll
oleaut32.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\oleaut32.dll
powrprof.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\powrprof.dll
profapi.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\profapi.dll
propsys.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\propsys.dll
psapi.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\psapi.dll
R00000000000d.clb C:\Windows\Registration\R00000000000d.clb
riched20.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\riched20.dll
rpcrt4.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\rpcrt4.dll
sechost.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\sechost.dll
setupapi.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\setupapi.dll
SHCore.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\SHCore.dll
shell32.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\shell32.dll
shlwapi.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\shlwapi.dll
SortDefault.nls C:\Windows\Globalization\Sorting\SortDefault.nls
sspicli.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\sspicli.dll
StaticCache.dat C:\Windows\Fonts\StaticCache.dat
user32.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\user32.dll
usp10.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\usp10.dll
uxtheme.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\uxtheme.dll
version.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\version.dll
windows.storage.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\windows.storage.dll
winmm.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\winmm.dll
winmmbase.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\winmmbase.dll
wintrust.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\wintrust.dll
WinTypes.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\WinTypes.dll
wow64.dll C:\Windows\System32\wow64.dll
wow64cpu.dll C:\Windows\System32\wow64cpu.dll
wow64win.dll C:\Windows\System32\wow64win.dll
Lance
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2016 17:51
BOTR:
Here are the last 2 Pre-Autowelder files icons I downloaded . They are different ? No idea why but they are . Did you compress them differently (packer program) ?
The 'Pre' (first release) that works has the regular large icon . The one that won't do the 'config' (second release) for me has the smaller , different one .
The latest segwelder (3.5.7.7) also has a larger icon and it works as expected including the .bmp snapshot which I was able to get . I am using WinRAR .

Can you resend me the second pre-release again ?

Lance
Lance

Joined 22nd Jul 2003

Attachments

PM
DennisW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2016 19:58
Thanks all for your input. At the present time I am out of town I will look into all when I get back in a couple day's. I am on a fishing trip now mind you not a long Lee trip
Ham and Eggs Breakfast

AGK Community Tester
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2016 08:51 Edited at: 25th Sep 2016 08:51
@Lance-no worries, I've sent to your email what I think is the 2nd pre-release although I have a few variations on my drive at the moment, so may have confused myself. LEt me know if it's the wrong one.

@DennisW-no problem, enjor your fishing trip.

I was progressing with segment side, but it's not working the way I had hoped so will have to redo some of the code.
Lance
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2016 12:47
BOTR:
Yes that's the one that doesn't work for me . The unzipped icon is the correct size this time (?) . I tried the 'welder' again and I get the same results . Can't save 'config' file and program shuts down . Without the 'config' file set I get those little warnings about not finding the texture files ..
Thanks for the resend .. I hope you can figure out what's happening ..
Lance
Lance

Joined 22nd Jul 2003

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2016 09:33
@Lance-hopefully will figure out what is going on with the config save issue. Just to rule out, do you only have and work off E: drive or do you have C: drive. My setup is C: drive only and the config file is saved to my root drive.
Lance
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2016 12:58 Edited at: 26th Sep 2016 13:00
BOTR:
I have both a C: and E: drive . The C: drive is for my operating system and Microsoft stuff. The E: drive contains all my Game-Guru and FPSC along with other things like Sketchup etc. . The original seg editor you made generated a 'welder_config' file that was and is still saved to my C: drive . Both Pre-release Autowelders generate a Temp file like the one posted above I posted on the 24th .

Lance
Lance

Joined 22nd Jul 2003

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2016 13:09
thanks Lance. The temp file is produced by the packer program. I think I need to change that. I'll keep looking into your issue as soon as possible.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2016 20:08
thanks to all those that recently purchased 3.5.7.7, very much appreciated
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2016 04:07 Edited at: 13th Oct 2016 04:09
BOTR, gotta problem with 3.5.7.7 I don't know if you have this particular pack, bonus egypt. see attached pic. My problem is easier to explain in a pic. Does the same with 01 as well.

Attachments

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2016 05:59
oh I don't know if I have bonus egypt-I'll have a look. I'll see what I can do
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2016 16:04
no don't have that model pack, is that pack still available anywhere? if not no worries. Not sure if your allowed to post the FPS file as that would really help me?

been a while since I posted anything about the Autowelder. This is still ongoing while I wait to start new contract at end of October which will be interesting.
written a very complex program that can now export to direct x with all the required animation data and other stuff about the model data. this will allow you save out animated segments such as doors, ceiling fans and probably even characters out to X format. I had done this a while back but not quite right as it's quite involved. hopefully now I should have it 99% perfected. some other issues with segment side, more annoying than anything else, but getting there.
Still not sure why tool won't run on some other users win10 even though it runs on my win10 ok. Must be a dll thing somewhere or sometimes having too many c++ redistributables installed can case issues.

Lance
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2016 20:09 Edited at: 13th Oct 2016 20:14
BOTR:
I get the same results with bonus egypt . The segment should have 3 walls and 4 end/corner pcs. At least that's what I get from the FPS file . The segment comes out correct in the FPSC map editor ..
Lance

Joined 22nd Jul 2003

Attachments

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2016 20:18
thanks for the FPS Lance-I'll take a look.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2016 20:48
Hi guys, all fixed. The issue is with the FPS spec. Rotation was incorrect for part1, see fixed spec attached and a pic showing the updated segment in Autowelder, although I don't have the textures as I don't own the bonus egypt pack. Where can I get that from?

Attachments

MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2016 21:43
Okay, thanks for the fix. As for where to get the bonus pack, it is under the model pack 8 download link in my products list on TGC site. It is not on git hub though. Maybe the artist can still sell you the packs.

Attachments

PM
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2016 16:13
BOTR, any new news???

PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
I think BOTR mentioned he was away working for a while ?
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2016 07:02 Edited at: 18th Nov 2016 07:02
Hi, yes am on a year contract going backwards and forwards to Amsterdam on a weekly basis. Not sure when I will get time to progress, most likely when I book holiday time.
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2016 11:50
Nice to here you have work coming in .

Dave
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2016 13:55
cheers Dave, luckily I'm always contracting but usually have a bit of a break in between them. This project will still continue, just not sure when yet.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2016 20:56 Edited at: 18th Nov 2016 20:57
Will probably do some more coding on this project tomorrow (Sat)
while my wife is away
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2016 07:31
Working on the AutoWelder this morning, if anyone wants to play around with the program in it's current state after today , let me know but it's by no means polished or the final product. Segment side is shaping up but there are a few issues. I'll see what I can get done end of today before flying out to Netherlands tomorrow.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
I wouldn't mind giving it a try if its not to late
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2016 07:28
Went to get stuck into the programming but had technical issues and other things got in the way, so didn't quite work out as I had planned. Will have to be during late part of the week/weekend
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2016 09:43
@Synchromesh-I've sent an email to you with the current link to the program in it's current state. The segment side is far from finished and there are issues that fixing but seems to work well for most segments. I'm in Amsterdam next couple of days, back on Wednesay but will hopefully get to work on it towards end of week and possible part of the weekend.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh just saw this ...Thanks thats brilliant !!
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2016 06:35 Edited at: 21st Nov 2016 06:36
@synchromesh-glad u got it ok. Segment side needs a bit of attention, there are some segments causing errors which is down to a mixture of program/segment FPS file issues and where program can't locate some mesh files, so it's a bit messy at the moment. If you have any features that you think are missing or could see improvement please feel free to post/email me. I'm up for any suggestions anyone has.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2016 06:11
A free night tomorrow night so will get cracking on with some coding, spent a lot of time in previous weeks getting animated segments to export correctly in X format. This has still to be perfected but will concentrate getting segment process fixed/polished. All sorts of issues to tackle, but will be great to get this tool finished. Of course I have no idea when that will be , when GameGuru is finished probably ha
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2016 13:59
Nice to here work is progressing mike.

Dave
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM