Dave
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2016 09:18
thanks Dave

I need to at some point stop work on 3.5.7.4xx and continue with the new GUI version as it's lagging behind. So I think I'll make the next release the last fix update and then apply all these things over to the new major version and hopefully more enhanced code.

So the final release will be 3.5.7.5 and then I will continue work with 4.0 (was going to be 3.6 but realised this is a major upgrade).

best wishes
Mike (BOTR)

Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; LG TFT monitor (widescreen). Wanting a new PC at some point.
Interests: Drumming, Saxophone, Art, Theatre, Music.
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2016 15:07
@BOTR, the problem I had with the illumination, I think had to do with Seg Auto Weld tool compiling the whole door and frame as one, and making it all dynamic. The frame actually needs to be static. Is there a way to achieve this with the tool? ref: https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/215092?page=1#msg2545530 My texture also was off.
AMD Phenom x4 9850 2.58 Ghz , 6 gb ram, 2GB EVGA Geforce GTX 750, Win 10 x64

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2016 15:25 Edited at: 31st Mar 2016 15:26
@MK83-there may be a way, I will look into it. I had originally had both parts as separate entities and then was decided to have them as one. Have been following the thread on product chat, very interesting. Will try my best to see what can be done.
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; LG TFT monitor (widescreen). Wanting a new PC at some point.
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2016 15:30
cool thanks

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2016 08:44
@MK83-Going to have a look at the door issue this morning, but as it's my birthday (missed april fool by minutes ha), I won't be doing much today.
I am going to attempt attaching the door frame as a static limb and see if that works, otherwise maybe have user option to save out doors (and all future animated objects) as 2 pieces again. fingers crossed
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2016 08:47
Just a note to all, that although I am working on Weapon Welder, my main priority and focus will be on the 4.0 of Welder tool so any outstanding issues with the current version will come first, Weapon Welder 2nd.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2016 09:23
@MK83- ok the good news is that I have made the door frame as a static limb to the door, now the real test is that I need to do what you did and create the _N and _S textures then add the .fx file and see if it works in GG, still keeping my fingers crossed

Attachments

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2016 10:21
seems to work https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/215092#msg2545746, but want to do more testing.
PartTimeCoder
Years of Service
User Offline
Happy Birthday

Its all looking good, I have not had a chance to try out the new version of weapon welder as I have my kids for the rest of the half term, its fetch, carry and cook for me this week lol
PM
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: " I have my kids for the rest of the half term, its fetch, carry and cook for me this week lol"

the same here LOL
PC Specs:

Q9550@3,8GHZ - 8GB RAM - SVGA R9 280 3GB GDDR5 - HDD WD 1500TB
PM
Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2016 15:01 Edited at: 2nd Apr 2016 15:01
HAPPY BIRTHDAY mate, take the day off you deserve it.
PM
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2016 15:07 Edited at: 2nd Apr 2016 16:06
Happy birthday mate..

btw I'm managing with SW and i noticed that segmente from arteria sci fi pack come half size into terrain after converting and i also noticed that crossable doors are not fiexed yet or I'm missing something??
and news about illumintion maps bug?

AND

ho ca ni save a door how two separate entities.. since when i select a door and exclude some parts of it uncheking the boxes ..the door part remains visible so i cant save only the frame itself
PC Specs:

PM
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2016 15:51
Happy birthday mike,take the day of ad chill

Dave
PM
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2016 16:05 Edited at: 2nd Apr 2016 16:09
Quote: "@MK83-Going to have a look at the door issue this morning, but as it's my birthday (missed april fool by minutes ha), I won't be doing much today."

Happy B.day

PM
Lance
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2016 17:44

Happy Birthday
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2016 18:25
thanks everyone for birthday wishes.........

@Lance - will be looking at the camera BMP as still randomly goes blank but still works.. memory issue somewhere I think....

JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
EHI Mike

I was reading the MK83 illumination issue with the light door frame and made some the myself wit some corridors from scifi pack
(Pulsating Access Corridor Straight) and noticed that illumination maps dont work for segments too ..I tried the segments into fpsc classic and illumination maps worsk correctly but for imported segement nope..

I think this is related to the fact that into the texture folder for imported segment there is only _D2 texture and other textures for the segment are not imported by welder tool..this is a bad issue since all segment that have illumination maps dont works properly
PC Specs:

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2016 22:12
ok-so I've uncommented some old code that originally copied over the DINS textures. So you can apply effects to segments again. Will release the version 3.5.7.5 once, I've done some more testing and happy it works with the DINS system.

Attachments

JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "ok-so I've uncommented some old code that originally copied over the DINS textures. So you can apply effects to segments again. Will release the version 3.5.7.5 once, I've done some more testing and happy it works with the DINS system."

cool... you are great...really
PC Specs:

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2016 00:01 Edited at: 3rd Apr 2016 07:08
here is a quick example, doors to come tomorrow as needs code to be applied, but tool now saves out diffuse (_D2) OR DINS (_D,_I,_N,_S) segments depending on whether the user sets the DNS option on or off from the menu.
Pic on left is _D2 texture only, pic on right in DINS textures with an effect set other than entity_basic.fx

[update-meant to add DINS textures only copied over if they exist in FPSC, if not you can generate your own in GIMP or other tool-I use insanebump within GIMP]

Attachments

ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2016 02:01
Happy Birthday BOTR's, and Thank You for everything your doing
best
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2016 02:59
Quote: "here is a quick example, doors to come tomorrow as needs code to be applied, but tool now saves out diffuse (_D2) OR DINS (_D,_I,_N,_S) segments depending on whether the user sets the DNS option on or off from the menu.
Pic on left is _D texture only, pic on right in DINS textures with an effect set other than entity_basic.fx"

This looks promising.

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2016 07:39 Edited at: 3rd Apr 2016 07:40
experimenting in Dark Shader this morning, seems (from what I can see) that neither entity_basic.fx/effect_basic.fx use the _I.dds texture, but illuminationent.fx does. All a bit strange, but I will plod on.

Attachments

JPH-GAMES
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2016 10:59
Hello everyone.

I board the problems to operate SegAutoWelder and WeaponWelder.
My material: Window 10 x64 - Intel Pentium x64 CPU 3.00 GHz - 8 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745 2GB.
Norton 360 Online.
I am forced to remove sonar (Virus?).
see the copy screen (a drawing is better than great speeches)
excuse my English (translated with Google)

Attachments

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2016 13:32
@JPH-GAMES- sorry your having problems. I will take a look when I get some time. Both tools should be added to your exception list within your virus checker.
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2016 14:04
BOTR's Thanks for going through these shaders to see what works. I also have been
doing the same and finding out many don't seem to work anymore as first intended?
I did get the "blinking corridor" to work with the "effect_animate" shader but
I had to make the segments "dynamic"?
JPH-GAMES
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2016 16:49
Bored of the Rings Norton OK
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2016 22:43 Edited at: 3rd Apr 2016 22:57
@JPH-Games: Version 1.3 of the weapon tool is being worked on but currently have no problems importing the WW2 MAS36 weapon. Ensure that when you configure the FPSC/GG install folders that you point to "FILES" folders for both applications. Also , run as administrator.

For Segment tool, delete the .ini file e,g, C:\welder_config.ini, if it exists and start over. The 'Quit' button is not inactive, it only works when you exit the preview window (use Q key or middle mouse button to exit the preview window).

Still testing weapon welder 1.3 and adding functionality, fixes.
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2016 22:53 Edited at: 3rd Apr 2016 22:57
and what about segment welder and segment/door illumination issues??
PC Specs:

PM
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2016 23:43
Quote: "and what about segment welder and segment/door illumination issues??"

I think he's working on that.

PM
JPH-GAMES
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2016 00:47
Thank you Bored of the Rings, I'll try tomorrow
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2016 07:12
door issues and DINS textures being worked on, If DINS textures exist in FPSC they will be coped over, if they don't exist you'll have to make your own in GIMP or other tool. I use insanebump plugun for GIMP.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2016 11:11 Edited at: 4th Apr 2016 11:15
working on door issues. All done, except I will be testing thoroughly so that it works correctly. You can either save as one entity or as 2 separate entities. User just deselects one of the parts (the tool excludes the punch object). Door frame is static and animated door is dynamic with correct collisions set. The down side of having them in 2 parts is manually aligning them up, but you can use grid/snap mode to help along with page up/down keys. I found it fairly straight forward and easy (see pic). Now you can't go through door frames and you have DINS textures to apply effects if you want. The best of both worlds

In additions, DINS textures are copied over to GameGuru and if the "DNS Textures On/Off" is set to on, the DINS textures are saved inside the model. DINS textures being copied over applies to any segment as long as they exist in FPSC.

Once I'm happy that the testing is successful and all works correctly, I will release the last version 3.5.7.5, no more fixes will be applied after that. Next major release will be 4.0.

Attachments

MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2016 14:11
@Bored of the Rings, Awesome

PM
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
omg.... YOU ARE A GOD!!!!

THANKS...
PC Specs:

PM
Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2016 15:41
Yoda of FPSC Conversion, I bow to your Excellence
PM
JPH-GAMES
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2016 21:35
Bored of the Rings:

SegAutoWelder ok file. ini in windows \ I board transfer in c: \ and works
correctly
WeaponWelder does not work, I board suprime and register deletion.
WeaponWelder reinstalled, but no longer request the location FPSC - GG
directly gunspec.txt file
wait for next release.

Best regards
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2016 07:34
@JPH-GAMES-sorry Weapon tool still not working for you. I will release 1.3 this morning in the hope this will correct your issues as I have improved some of the code. This will not have features yet, I wanted to add but should at least get you started.

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2016 08:15
Weapon tool 1.3 now released and sent to welder purchasers. Video to be added on the Weapon 1.0 thread shortly.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2016 22:16
Success with door separation, all now automated and DINS textures. Video to be recorded tomorrow morning.
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2016 23:02
Quote: "Success with door separation, all now automated and DINS textures."

super.

PM
seppgirty
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2016 23:57
Great job!
gamer, lover, filmmaker
JPH-GAMES
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2016 08:07
Bored of the Rings :

Weapon welder works now, was in the .ini file F:

Thank you for your precious instructions
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2016 09:35
video currently converting.....
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2016 11:12 Edited at: 6th Apr 2016 11:14
Here is the video showing split doors, DNS textures and brief puncher example.

MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2016 16:09
Quote: "Here is the video showing split doors, DNS textures and brief puncher example."

Great vid. thanks.

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2016 09:06
version 3.5.7.5 now released to all purchasers. thanks again for your continuing support.
There will be no more updates or fixes as now need to concentrate on the next major version with new GUI.

ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2016 22:57
Thank you BOTR's. Got it. Works great, no problems.
Seems a little more zippy/faster than the previous versions?
best
seppgirty
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2016 23:24
Got it. Can't wait for the new gui.
gamer, lover, filmmaker

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 17:07:57
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 17:07:57