Third Party Tools / Segment AutoWelder for GG v2.0

Author
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok I finally got to find time to give this a go last night but unfortunately it just wont run at all for me ..... Tried the usual Admin etc but nothing ?
No errors ... Just rotating mouse activity for about 5 seconds but nothing happens or loads ..
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2016 13:43 Edited at: 23rd Nov 2016 13:44
@Synchromesh-other users also having problem trying to run the app. I forget, are you using Win10? If so, 32 or 64 bit?
Think I may have an inkling why it not running on others users, but not sure.
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; 12GB.
FPSC to GameGuru Tools: SegAutoWelder, Entity+Weapon Welder
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Yep using Win10 64 bit ...
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2016 14:42
ummmm, it works on my Win 10 x64 bit, I think it's down to my development environment. Going to revert back to my original environment, hope everyone can bear with me. Win10 is really a pain ha
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2016 08:14
@Synchromesh-I've sent you another dropbox link to your email which I compiled on my Win32 bit of Win10 and works on both my 32/64 bit Win10 OS.
Hopefully it will run on your OS also, if not it might be down to some missing DLLs from your SYSWOW64/system32 folders listed in previous posts on this thread.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Dammit sorry BOTR .... I only just noticed this yesterday ....Unfortunately that doesn't open for me either
Disabled antivirus and everything ..even tried compatibility modes ....

Do you have a zip of those Dll's ... Perhaps that may help ?
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2016 18:01
@synchromesh-that's a shame. My guess is it's most likely Microsoft dll s that are missing which are listed a couple of pages back . I'm in Amsterdam at moment so can't do anything to help at the moment , when I get back I'll see if I can figure all this out its very very odd.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2016 08:16 Edited at: 3rd Dec 2016 08:16
working on the program this morning, a handful of issues to fix and the biggest is getting the program to run on other users PC/laptop. Think I need to (and don't know why I haven't already) test on my laptop that has Win10. If it don't run on that, I know it's something I need to fix. If it runs, it's the users PC/laptop that is missing something.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2016 08:32 Edited at: 4th Dec 2016 09:04
@synchromesh and all-ok found that the program didn't run on my Laptop Win10 because it didn't have the following dlls present in windows/system32 as mentioned previously:

msvci70.dll
msvcp71.dll
msvcr70.dll
msvcr71.dll

as soon as I placed these dlls in the project directory where Autowelder.exe resides, it ran on windows 10.

This is because on my PC these files are actually within Autodesk folder and not in my system32.

@synchromesh-please let me know if you still want to test the app and if you don't have the above dlls, I can zip em up and send via email if you wish.
[update-actually I sent a new dropbox link to your email anyway with the missing dlls-hope it works this time for you]

I think I will be making a demo version of this so anyone can try it out as the program develops, but won't have save features or I can limit the save feature to 5 saves or something.

cheers
BOTR
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Confirmed now loads perfectly ...Thanks
PM
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2016 15:29
Bored of the Rings, I'd still like to be a guinea pig for you. I have lots of time on my hands. I guess that you should send me a copy of the .dll's also. Just in case.

Cheers
AMD Phenom x4 9850 2.58 Ghz , 6 gb ram, 2GB EVGA Geforce GTX 750, Win 10 x64

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2016 18:25
@MK83-I've sent you an email with the link to the Autowelder as it is at the moment, the segment side is very crude and is nowhere near completion and is subject to changes. The texturing is not quite correct yet and you can only save to your appdata/local/temp area at the moment but you can inport into GG/Fragmotion etc.

Tons to do and will concentrate more on this tool on Wednesday when I;m back in good old Blighty.
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2016 13:59
Bored of the Rings, got it, thanks, will test it out later today.

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2016 08:11 Edited at: 7th Dec 2016 08:39
@MK83-glad u got it ok and thanks for the taking the time to test it out.

Hopefully by end of week I will get the segment side fixed and working like a charm, will see how it goes.
[update-ok textures seem to be fixed-at least for the segments I've tested so far-more testing just to make sure-see pic]

Can't wait to get the rebuilding of FPSC segments side completed so I can move onto the actual editor side, now that will be fun to do. I want the user to have a lot of control on what they can do....

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2016 08:09
looks like texturing is now fixed for both the graphical buttons and when you actually place each part into the editor. of course I will test a variety of segments as I continue development. now to sort out some other niggly issues and get the saving process automated i.e. create the FPE, thumbnail etc.
GraPhiX
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 9th Dec 2016 14:10
This is excellent work
well done its been a long time since I have used FPS and DarkGame Studio time to blow the dust off and start building again.

thank you for your efforts BOTR it is a credit to you add me to your purchased list
Welcome to the real world!
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2016 15:01
@GraPhiX=many thanks for you kind words and for your recent order.

Also thanks to everyone that recently purchased.

Please note, that due to dropbox issues, links to the software files will be via Google Drive and I will also be updating password from time to time. I will send password change notification email to all that have purchased.

I hope to roll out a demo version of the new Autowelder when I get to point that I think it's in a good solid state. this will give users the choice to try before purchasing.

Once I've ironed out some issues on the Segment side and get animated segment programmed in, I can concentrate on a decent segment editor/punch and the other tools.

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2016 10:48
a wee vid:

seppgirty
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2016 14:17
Looking good BOTR. Keep it up.
Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1.Intel core i5-2300cpu @2.80 GHz 2.80 GHz
RAM 16 gb G-Skill G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1066 (PC3 8500) Desktop Memory

AMD Radeon HD 6670. ASUS Radeon HD 6670 DirectX 11 EAH6670/DIS/1GD5 1GB 128-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card. 1GB 128-Bit GDDR5
Memory Size
1GB
Lance
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2016 18:29

This is and will be my go to tool for putting together large , complex structures . Looking forward to next release . Those who still haven't purchased it should .......
Keep up the excellent work BOTR .

Lance
Lance

Joined 22nd Jul 2003

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2016 22:33
thanks guys, yes my intention is to expand the segment system so you can create any small to large structure as Lance mentioned, I don't want the Autowelder to just be able to reproduce the original FPSC segments. It will be capable of producing and editing whatver you want. I will try and make it as flexible as I can. Hopefully more progress over the next few days before going back out to Amsterdam before the lead up to the Christmas holidays.

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2016 07:46 Edited at: 11th Dec 2016 08:07
fixed some more bugs this morning, really silly errors on my part. So now counts on the graphical buttons have been corrected and on deletion of parts. Once these silly issues are corrected, I can progress onto the save side/snapshot and look into the options such as changing the texture and mesh as well as the much needed animated entity side and intro to segment prefabs. If I could get the darned gizmos to work correctly after the user changes resolution I can put those back in as they really would come in handy. In addition, really need an undo/redo feature as it should be standard feature but it can be quite complex so I will implement a system that will record the users operations so that these can be "reversed".
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2016 09:25 Edited at: 11th Dec 2016 12:50
current issues/bugs I've found so far while testing different segments/app in general (some are now fixed):

1. Unable to remove first floor part if a 2nd floor part has been placed and then removed
2. [FIXED-was down to path not being included in the equation - doh ]
Graphical buttons-counts incorrect for some segments e.g. M3.../rooms/workshop green low.fps
This segment should only have 4 of each wall part not 8.
3. [FIXED-was down to some code affecting orientation-now removed rogue line-works ok again]
Placement of first segment part incorrect when the floor has been initially moved/tilted etc.
4. [FIXED-but resizedthumb 64x64 not correct if different screen res used intead of 640/480]
BMP snapshot not working yet....
5. [FIXED]Some segments not saving segment in it's entirety e.g. dark egypt...stairwell, the end wall is missing in FM
same bug existed in SegAutoWelder, it's either camera or object issue or both. Works ok if I position the object +100 in Z
direction but causes other segments to have same issue.
6. Floor/Ceiling pieces not saving out correctly e.g. in FM only the floor part shows e.g. X10 WW2....bunker fighting area ceiling.fps
7. [FIXED]-unique meshlist text file not being deleted upon new segment file being selected.

If I can get these sorted I can move onto other stuff, fun and games
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2016 17:21
You are a busy man,great work there .

Dave
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2016 07:41 Edited at: 15th Dec 2016 13:50
thanks Dave,

Here's an update on issues fixed/outstanding. I wanted to get the current problems sorted before proceeding further and adding stuff:

List of issues/bugs/niggles/gripes etc

OUTSTANDING:
6. Floor/Ceiling pieces not saving out correctly when below 0,0,0 XYZ coords e.g. in FM only the floor shows e.g. X10 WW2....bunker fighting area ceiling.fps. Ummmmm what to do???

FIXED:
1. [FIXED-wasn't finding max object selection correctly-ugh]-Unable to remove first floor part if a 2nd floor part has been placed and then removed. Looking into the FPS file this seems to be a ceiling piece under a floor piece. Still I need to fix it, it's annoying .
2. [FIXED-was down to path not being included in the equation - doh]
Graphical buttons-counts incorrect for some segments e.g. M3.../rooms/workshop green low.fps
This segment should only have 4 of each wall part not 8.
3. [FIXED-was down to some code affecting orientation-now removed rogue line-works ok again]
Placement of first segment part incorrect when the floor has been initially moved/tilted etc.
4. [FIXED-see pic]resizedthumb bmp file 64x64 not correct if different screen res used intead of 640/480.
5. [FIXED]-Some segments not saving segment in it's entirety e.g. dark egypt...stairwell, the end wall is missing in FM
same bug existed in SegAutoWelder, it's either camera or object issue. IS ok if I move the object 100 in Z direction
7. [FIXED]-unique meshlist text file not being deleted upon new segment file being selected.
8. [FIXED]-some meshes not being found e.g. sciencepack/window.fps-window.fpe mesh in entitybank folder
meshbank\sciencepack\win_frame.x
window.x
meshbank\sciencepack\win_punch.x
9. [FIXED-added code to detect if segment floor is present or not]-Random object not found in relation to the segment floor sometimes after a period of time.

so almost there. Exporting of animated segments next and automating the saving process. that will be the basics out of the way and then add in an options page like the level options. Maybe revise the GUI and see if I really need the text menu and just have buttons??

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2016 10:34
apologies to all, I have now sent all owners of the apps new links to the software which now resides on my google drive. thanks to Synchromesh for the tip, never thought of putting them there for some reason.
GraPhiX
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 15th Dec 2016 11:07
Got it this morning
Thank you and well done Amazing work!!
Welcome to the real world!
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2016 13:49 Edited at: 15th Dec 2016 16:55
cheers GraPhiX, glad you got it ok.

1 more fix to go...phew !!! (see above)

[update-user appdata temp folder - added code to better clean up residue folders/temp files upon exiting the program]
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2016 19:19
Got it,many thanks.

Dave
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2016 13:32
Very promising BOTR, I like it.

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2016 15:02 Edited at: 19th Dec 2016 15:04
@MK83-thanks, that's great to hear. I am hoping to move it into a direction where you will be able to expand on the 100x100 sized segments.
Still working on the save side and testing as I go along. I had also uncommented some code to bring the transform gizmos back to life, but the only thing not working is the scale gizmo so not sure what's going on there.
Wish I had more time to work on it, ugh work just gets in the way ha
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2016 07:22 Edited at: 22nd Dec 2016 09:52
doing a little more coding this morning before I start work. Added R key detection to reset the camera/floor back to it's original position and had to remove a previous fix (#5 from above) for now as although it now saves the segment correctly in it's entirety, it affected alignment in GameGuru, so that's a no no.
So need to figure another way to correct the problem without messing up alignment of segments. Slight update to a fix already done where floor parts are below 0 height and weren't saving out. This involved just applying to floor parts only and not any part type.
Made small tweak so that on first running the app, the screen is set to the max size for your PC instead of the default 640x480 (unless it's preferable to have smaller screen).
In the new year, I want to start making official documentation on how to use the program. This will jog my memory and help users. Can't wait to start expanding the segment side so you create any segment/prefab of any size/height (not sure what limits yet, maybe no limits). So the segment editor will be interesting and hopefully a new concept of some sort. These are my thoughts at the moment.

Oh well back to the saving of segments code, oh and merry xmas to all
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2016 12:42
And to you mike,keep up the good work.

Dave
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2016 22:21
Quote: "And to you mike,keep up the good work"

Here, Here. Great job.

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2016 14:01
cheers guys,
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2016 19:06
playing around with some old archiver code that was used in the first SegAutoWelder and this seems to now work in Win10 32 bit. If it works on Win10 64 bit, I'll include it in the new Autowelder program so that you don't need to rely on installing Winrar.
Making some small tweaks here and there and testing the segment save functionality and adding code. Hopefully will have a small Demo version out in the new year for any new/existing users of SegAutoWelder that want to try it out as it stands.

Meows
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2016 11:13
I have a question, I went to the store and had a peek at this program, way way complicated to me I think. There is absolutely nothing there to say how it works, could you post the help file so we can download it and have a look see?

Many thanks
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2016 11:27 Edited at: 24th Dec 2016 11:30
The program shouldn't be on the store, but should be here : http://www.gamegurutools.co.uk/ (unless that's what you meant )

The successor to SegAutoWelder is Autowelder which I'm still working on, however, if you pm me your private email address I can send a link to some old SegAutoWelder videos showing how it works as there is no official PDF file. There are also loads of videos on YT, you can search on YT using something like "SegAutoWelder" and should be able to see loads of my videos on the program.

MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2016 15:36
Quote: " way way complicated to me I think."

Meows, if you watch the vids a couple of times you'll
get the hang of it easy. I watched the vids and ran the
program side by side, and I picked up on it fairly
quick. I love all BOTR tools. Believe me, they are easy
to learn. And no, Im not employed by BTOR. LOL

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2016 12:20 Edited at: 25th Dec 2016 12:22
Merry XMAS all

Before going to my in-laws for xmas dinner I thought I'd post short video (no audio) showing some Dungeonitems segments (dynamic), including fans. windows, doors, trapdoors. Doors/dynamic entities are going to need some serious attention in GameGuru if they are to work properly. Some work better than others.
Still a few issues to sort, but getting there:

seppgirty
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2016 15:33
Great work BOTR. Merry Christmas.
Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1.Intel core i5-2300cpu @2.80 GHz 2.80 GHz
RAM 16 gb G-Skill G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1066 (PC3 8500) Desktop Memory

AMD Radeon HD 6670. ASUS Radeon HD 6670 DirectX 11 EAH6670/DIS/1GD5 1GB 128-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card. 1GB 128-Bit GDDR5
Memory Size
1GB
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2016 18:32
Thanks Seppgirty, merry Xmas to you too

Will write some generic LUA scripts to accompany the animated segments, presently I've just attached door.lua script but ideally other non door segments need something more specific.
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2016 12:32
freaking awesome, great work.

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2016 07:44 Edited at: 28th Dec 2016 07:53
added some of the functionality from the old SegAutoWelder such as being able to use CTRL+V to paste in the original segment name when saving out or you can just type in your own, plus the original FPSC DINS textures are copied over but there will be a user option to control whether you want to include/use DINS textures for effects. Original Thumbnail also gets used if user doesn't take a custom snapshot..
Option panel and correct directx exporting to come soon + pop up menus when using right mouse button so you can have the choice of changing mesh/textures when in mesh wireframe selection mode+ tons of other stuff that is in my brain .
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2016 14:40
Head still fuzzy from xmas (and still got new year to go),glad to here yours is clear.great work mike.

Dave
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2016 15:24
ha my head is kinda fuzzy (or was) from xmas partying roll on new year
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2016 08:39
Audio files now copied over to the GameGuru audiobank area and required folders created and FPE updated for each segment entity that has sound...phew!!! The corresponding FPSC folders for each segment are now created and the save dialog will point user to the right folder.
Will add the directx export code after work.
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2016 12:11
Very cool mike

Dave
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
Lance
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2016 12:54
Looking forward to your next release . I mainly use the level building tool and the punch ..

Lance
Lance

Joined 22nd Jul 2003

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2016 13:06 Edited at: 29th Dec 2016 16:06
@Granada-thanks Dave, getting there...
@Lance-thanks-the CSG punch tool needs a lot better user control as it can be a bit fiddly in the old version. Should see a vast improvement in the new version.

[update-also thinking of introducing favourites library, where you can store your favourite CSG punches/other stuff , maybe?]

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 19:59:49
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 19:59:49