Third Party Tools / Segment AutoWelder for GG v2.0

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2016 17:41
I must be missing something , the 'Autowelder' is running in admin (and has been) . The config file is saved .The LUA files are empty , doesn't matter if attach them or not . Are these files supposed to generate some code , like positioning entity's ? When I place dynamic entity's on the GG map anywhere they stay where I placed them .

Lance
Lance

Joined 22nd Jul 2003

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2016 17:47 Edited at: 6th Sep 2016 17:50
@Lance-strange, the .LUA files save ok for me with code present under the entities folder. Do you have a screenshot? I'll test on my 32 bit win10 OS. works ok on 64bit win10 using the packed version I sent.
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; 12GB.
FPSC to GameGuru Tools: SegAutoWelder, Entity+Weapon Welder
Lance
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2016 18:19
The LUA file is open and it' is grey/empty . The pic shows the rest of the 'entity' folder and the empty 'levelposition.lua' . I am running Windows 7 64 bit.

Lance
Lance

Joined 22nd Jul 2003

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2016 18:27
thanks Lance-I'll have a look, saves out ok on both win10 x64 and 32 bit OS , so am once again baffled.

Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2016 07:04
Will test the tool out on a virtual Win7/Win8 machine today, see if I can replicate issues found so far.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2016 13:04
as I am unable to successfully install virtual machines for Win7 and 8 on rubbish windows 10, I can't test the app out on them.
Lance
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2016 17:01 Edited at: 7th Sep 2016 17:06
Is anyone else using the new pre release and not having the LUA problem ? I also noticed that If I try and rebuild /weld a level I have already converted to GG I get 'can't find texture' when all the textures in different variations ( .png , .jpeg , .dds ) are there in the texture folder .
I'm not sure why the empty LUA file background looks grey . I use 'Lua Edit' and all the backgrounds of files I open all have a white background .
Overall , the levels I have 'built' for testing look good in GG minus the LUA problem . I just hope that this doesn't end up being some kind of problem on my end .
Lance

I am running Windows 7
Lance

Joined 22nd Jul 2003

PM
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2016 22:41
BOTR, looking good. so far so good.
AMD Phenom x4 9850 2.58 Ghz , 6 gb ram, 2GB EVGA Geforce GTX 750, Win 10 x64

PM
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2016 03:57
Think I missed something. I built a new game in FPSC. I can't unzip my folder to get to the universe file. Whats the password to un zip it?

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2016 06:29
it's "mypassword" without the double quotes.

I'll have a look into any current issues you guys are having. Trying to get my virtual OS setup on VM workstation on Win10 and no luck so far.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2016 11:36
ok finally managed to get Win7 x64 bit onto VMware workstation as a virtual OS. Once I install the relevant software, I'll see if I get same issues and resolve.
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2016 13:17
Quote: "it's "mypassword" without the double quotes."
Thank you so much.

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2016 13:42
@MK83-no problem, that's the FPSC standard password
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2016 17:12 Edited at: 8th Sep 2016 17:20
after getting FPSC and Autowelder installed onto virtual PC with Win7 x64 bit installed, I tested out the ww2 level and saved out a normal level without entities and another with entities and the .LUA files save out ok and have content (see pic). I had UAC turned off and had "run as administrator" checked.

If you do get the .LUA files saved out ok with content, please remember to copy them over to a subfolder of the scriptbank folder. The scripts only work within scriptbank. Remember that the level should be placed first and should be dynamic to start with for entity placement. The level requires the "levelposition.lua" script to be attached and then other entities can be placed anywhere on the GG editor with their relevant .lua scripts attached.
The level can be positioned anywhere on the map.
I'm thinking of better / alternative ways of achieving entity placement as it's a right pain at the moment, but as we can't communicate with GameGuru it's quite difficult.

Attachments

Lance
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2016 19:59 Edited at: 8th Sep 2016 20:05
OK I finally got everything working . I reloaded FPSC (new) onto my E: drive and rebuilt the test level . Ran the pre Autoweler and now everything works .
As they say around here "Good grief Charlie Brown" . I don't have a clue what was going on but it's working ..

The LUA files still don't show up , they are still a grey background in LUA EDIT but I can see\read them as a text file .
Lance
Lance

Joined 22nd Jul 2003

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2016 20:27 Edited at: 8th Sep 2016 20:27
@Lance-that's great you got it all working. for the .LUA scripts, what the size of the file as a matter of interest, are they 0 or 1kb? If 1kb there should be something there. I just open them up in notepad, if 0kb, then there is a problem. Not sure what I can do at this point.
Lance
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2016 21:37
The LUA files are 1kb . Strange that My lua editor (LUA EDIT 2012) would not show the 'code' .
I reinstalled the pre Autowelder also . Loading the entity's as you have setup is OK with me .

Lance

Lance

Joined 22nd Jul 2003

PM
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2016 14:30
BOTR, so far no problems. Looks good.

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2016 16:27
@MK83-that's great, thanks for your feedback.

Should have some eye candy on the segment side soon (maybe a short vid or just some pics), although still a fair bit to do. Saying that, there are now graphical buttons that represent the unique segment parts and fixed some issues with the floor texturing/sizing. At the moment floor can be sized between 3x3, 5x5 and 7x7.

MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2016 18:08
Quote: "Should have some eye candy on the segment side soon (maybe a short vid or just some pics), although still a fair bit to do. Saying that, there are now graphical buttons that represent the unique segment parts and fixed some issues with the floor texturing/sizing. At the moment floor can be sized between 3x3, 5x5 and 7x7. "
Can't wait.

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2016 20:05 Edited at: 9th Sep 2016 20:12
Here is a short video (well short for me ) on segment functionality so far. There is still loads to do and it's in it's early stages at the moment and things may change during development.

Lance
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2016 20:36
Just an observation :

I found another small problem and has nothing to do with Autowelder .

I used a 'crate' from Dark Egypt 2 ( item , crate-2) . When the LUA file generated from Autowelder or even a text file or Lua Edit 2012 is run in GG it throws an LUA error . It doesn't like the '-' in the middle of crate-2 . Removing it ( - ) and in the init & main fixes it . I throws no error in debug while running\ testing at least In Lua Edit 2012 .

Lance

Lance

Joined 22nd Jul 2003

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2016 20:55
@Lance-I've been getting the tool to ignore rogue characters and replace with the underscore "_" character. I'll add the "-" char to the list so you shouldn't have problems with this in the future. thanks for reporting, very much appreciated and very helpful. thanks again
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2016 21:23
Great video,Nice to see it coming on so well.

Dave
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2016 21:59
@Granada-thanks , hoping this will turn out to be more stable and much better than previous versions.

I have fixed the egypt crate 2 issue, please see pic where I have attached crate-2 as a dynamic entiity using a renamed .LUA script. I'll send updated version to those who requested a preview version. thanks guys you are helping me out loads.

Attachments

MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2016 23:25
Cool, thanks.

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2016 08:00
no problem.

made the button images larger as they were quite tiny previously and also when the user hovers over the buttons the status bar at the bottom of the window will display the mesh name to aid the user as some of the parts look similar and may use the same texture. Now I need to get the texturing side done and get the the segment parts placed onto the floor and textured.

Attachments

Lance
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2016 18:09 Edited at: 10th Sep 2016 18:10
BOTR:

Send me the preview update . I'll try it out . Nice of you to fix a problem with the LUA version that GG uses (or us ?) ..
I am really glad I kept FPSC . It's been more fun playing around with it than GG . Those dumb BOTS in GG are horrible .. I have always
built multi level buildings that the BOTS can actually walk around in . GG should have just brought the FPSC level editor up to date and moved on to multicore and DX11 .
Lance
Lance

Joined 22nd Jul 2003

PM
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2016 19:04
Quote: "Send me the preview update . I'll try it out . "
Me too.

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2016 20:22
@Lance, @MK83-this is no problem, just doing a minor fix to level code, then once it's fixed, I'll send to you as soon as possible.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2016 22:07
Sent the pre-release version of Autowelder 1.0 dropbox link to the 3 people that requested it.
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2016 22:12
Nice to see great progress here ,more than i can say for GG,i even sent a ticket asking for info .

Dave
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2016 22:24
@Granada-yes GG news/update is rubbish at the moment. Will carry on with this project, but will most likely back away from GG for a while.
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2016 19:41 Edited at: 11th Sep 2016 19:42
Quote: "GG news/update is rubbish at the moment."
reminds me of the FPSC x10 days.

PM
Lance
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2016 16:24
BOTR:

When in Options , Configure ; it wants you to select FPS Creator \ Files . The original name was The Game Creators and not FPS Creator at least that's what I have with Version 1.19.009 .. I know you can change the name from The Game Creators to FPS Creator . Did you change the name of the file or are you running a different version ? No big deal either way just something I have run into ..

I reloaded from the CD with Version 1 and then ran FPSCreator_ UPGRADE_ V119 .

Lance
Lance

Joined 22nd Jul 2003

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2016 17:14 Edited at: 12th Sep 2016 19:54
@Lance-my FPSC install folder + the files folder is for e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\The Game Creators\FPS Creator\Files, the program checks the last 2 folders to ensure user hasn't selected anything else other that \FPS Creator\Files, it's just a user input check. I can change the restriction if necessary or make the edit boxes editable but wanted to ensure users don't manually enter or select anything odd. I'm running version 1.20.018 which was the last version available I believe before certain MODS were developed.

Been doing some more develpment of the tool while I'm between contracts at the moment so have some time to get more done.
Spent today getting the 'part' buttons to work so that clicking on them places the segment parts onto the floor. Also revisited the gizmo so you can move, rotate and scale the segment, but still having some issues along with texturing issues, but getting there.

Once ironed out a few issues, I'll concentrate on code to handle deselection of segment parts; segment prefabs and saving out etc + anything else I've forgotten. Getting the animated entity type segments to work correctly will also be challenging but must admit enjoying the new version.
Maybe nearer completion of the tool, I'll add things like shadows/lighting for effect will see.

More soon hopefully.

Attachments

Lance
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2016 18:44 Edited at: 12th Sep 2016 18:47
BOTR:
I changed it the way you have it setup . Funny that when I installed FPSC it didn't set it up that way .
Now DarkMatter and DarkShader has a place to live together ..

The Segment tool is looking really good ..

Thanks
Lance
Lance

Joined 22nd Jul 2003

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2016 19:24
Here is the latest progress on the Segment process:
I've left out the transformation gizmo for now as they show and function ok until I change the screen resolution, so looking into what's causing that, but hope to bring it back in as soon possible.

DennisW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2016 20:18
Things are looking good can't wait to try it out just purchase it.

Ham and Eggs Breakfast

The Chicken was involved the Pig was Committed

AGK Community Tester
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2016 20:30
@DennisW-thanks for your purchase-i have sent the links to you via your email supplied with Paypal.
You can also try out the current AutoWelder pre-release as it stands at the moment, but obviously there is much still to be done.

granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2016 21:56 Edited at: 13th Sep 2016 21:56
Very cool Mike,thanks for the update.

Dave
PM
DennisW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2016 14:13
I got it in and working the only problem I had I forgot to setup the password for the zip file. When I ran it I was not prompted to enter password. If it did the small window showed up behind the main window. Then when I remembered to set it all was good. I was able to get all 26 prefabs over to Guru in about a half hour.

Very Pleased

Dennis_W
Ham and Eggs Breakfast

The Chicken was involved the Pig was Committed

AGK Community Tester
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2016 14:29
@Dennis_W-glad all working for you. the new version so far is much more faster especially for the levels, takes seconds instead of minutes to import an FPSC X9/X10 level .
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2016 17:16
here is a vid showing mesh selection/deselection and mesh single and multiple deletion.

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2016 07:05 Edited at: 16th Sep 2016 13:01
I've had a couple of users who have reported that the program doesn't run in Win10 32bit/x64 bit.
One user got it to run after copying over the following files into their windows\system32 folder (and if running x64 bit the DLLs need to also exist in windows\SysWow64 folder) :

32 bit:
C:\Windows\System32\msvcp100.dll
C:\Windows\System32\msvcp71.dll
C:\Windows\System32\msvcr100.dll
C:\Windows\System32\msvcr71.dll
64 bit:
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcp100.dll
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcp71.dll
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcr100.dll
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcr71.dll

I'm still looking into why it won't run on the other users PC.
If you are having problems, please check if these files are present on your system.
Also, you should have visual studio c++ redistributable at least 2010 or upwards if you are using Win7-Win10.

If the program runs on my Win10 x64/x32 bit, it should run on users machines who use Win10 if you have the dll files present and the VS2010 c++ redist installed.
It also runs on my virtual Win7 x64 bit OS which only needed 2010 redist and the above dlls to be present.

If I find the tool uses other dlls, I'll update the post.

thanks all.
Lance
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2016 15:15
BOTR:

The release today (9/16/2016) is broke for me . The last Pre Release still works but this one doesn't . The program opens but when I tried to 'configure' the new release and it locks up the 'Autowelder' and shuts down .

I do have all the files you mentioned in the previous post and am running as Admin .

Lance
Lance

Joined 22nd Jul 2003

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2016 16:25
@Lance-sorry about that, it still works on mine even when going into the config window. Must be something to do with new code I added to the segment side that is conflicting on other users machine. ok, back to the drawing board I think. I won't release any updates until I can figure out why it works on mine and not others.
Lance
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2016 21:22
BOTR:
The problem comes up in the 'config' when you go to save the config file .

Lance
Lance

Joined 22nd Jul 2003

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2016 08:03
@Lance-thanks for the feedback. I'm not getting the same issue with the config save function, works fine for me. ummmm, I'll see if I've overlooked something.

Button images now enlarged again and made some adjustments, so the texturing for the button images now coming out correctly and have better clarity.
Away this weekend so won't being doing much on this from this afternoon.

If anyone is having issues with the new version especially if it's still not starting up, please shout. have a good weekend.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2016 13:26 Edited at: 17th Sep 2016 13:27
first test segment placed in GameGuru with Autowelder, but not fully automated yet, ignore the CSG punch mesh, it's test only. Also ignore the alignment of the button images, still playing around with those ,but are fully textured now.

Attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 19:26:47
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 19:26:47