Third Party Tools / Segment AutoWelder for GG v2.0

Author
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2016 20:14
Quote: "Finally got my .X export code to export the bone weights and animation frames etc, so animated objects can now be exported with full textures/anims, phew!!!"

is that for things like ceiling fans? Nice job!
gamer, lover, filmmaker
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2016 20:40
ceiling fans, doors, vaults.... any animated object....
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; LG TFT monitor (widescreen). Wanting a new PC at some point.
Interests: Drumming, Saxophone, Art, Theatre, Music.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2016 08:40 Edited at: 28th Jul 2016 16:17
in between work deadlines, still working on this project, currently working on the segment parts so that a button for each unique segment part is created with image and when you hover over the button it displays the name of the segment part or mesh name. Hopefully will include some basic segment prefabs such as floor, corner, straight pieces etc. I now have code for conversion to .PNG and other files types and directx animation for doors etc. Tons to do but am enjoying the progress so far.

below are just a couple of pics showing the dynamic flooring (don't worry it won't stay at 3x3). Pressing F changes the flooring textures, G adds an effect to it, H hides/shows the flooring, cursor keys rotate/move up and down and ctrl + cursor keys tilt (subject to change). I'm just playing with this at the moment to see if I like it or not or if it's just plain annoying. The screen resolution code has been updated too to be more efficient.

The third pic is a small test code app showing the segment part buttons with images plus hint text. This is not the finished look.
I do a lot of code inside test apps first and then bolt it on to the main tool when I'm happy with it.
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; LG TFT monitor (widescreen). Wanting a new PC at some point.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Lance
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2016 12:31
Wow , things are looking really good ..
Lance

Joined 22nd Jul 2003

PM
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2016 12:56
looking great.
AMD Phenom x4 9850 2.58 Ghz , 6 gb ram, 2GB EVGA Geforce GTX 750, Win 10 x64

PM
seppgirty
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2016 23:31
looking good.
gamer, lover, filmmaker
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2016 17:50 Edited at: 29th Jul 2016 17:52
thanks guys,

I keep getting ideas in my head-now this might be useful or really annoying so may or may not get fully implemented. I've added a timed check that prompts the user to configure their system if not done i.e FPSC X9 and/or X10 and GameGuru paths. you can set the reminder delay or turn it off. So if you create a .ini file and then delete it, you will get a prompt to setup your system paths. ummmm will see.

Added additional buttons for Segment Editor; Punch/Weld tool, Entity and Weapon welder tools. Might also add the FPEtoBAT tool or leave out.
All these tools will get further updates where necessary.

Attachments

MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2016 18:24
In the Punch/Weld tool as it is now, we can not rotate a wall to face us and can't zoom in. Can this be done in the updated tool? I think it would help in lining up the punch. Especially when there is an interior and exterior wall that need the punch in the exact same place. Make sense?

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2016 20:37
@MK83-makes perfect sense-I'll check the controls I thought I had added zoom and rotate, but I've not used it for ages.
The controls for all tools will definitely be overhauled as I did very basic and quick implementation at the time.
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2016 21:57
thank you.

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2016 06:20
to rotate an object in the punch you can use the right mouse button and to zoom in and out use the W and S keys, A+D to move left / right and / and @ keys to tilt up / down, although on my machine it's too fast. I will be making all these controls more manageable.
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2016 14:14
Quote: "to rotate an object in the punch you can use the right mouse button and to zoom in and out use the W and S keys, A+D to move left / right and / and @ keys to tilt up / down, although on my machine it's too fast. I will be making all these controls more manageable."
I will give a try.

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2016 22:54 Edited at: 31st Jul 2016 06:40
As GG news and updates on what is going on is pretty much absent at the moment, I thought I'd give another small update with the tool.
Added configuration window so you can set all the necessary folders up...you can then save or delete an existing .INI file. The reminder prompt is no longer triggered once the .INI is in place. I need to add a couple of checkboxes or radio buttons so you can switch between X9 and X10 and also need to add X10 user folder e.g. C:\Users\fowle\OneDrive\Documents\FPSC X10 Files or wherever you store your X10 stuff. Probably will include (not on this window though) a list box/view where you can add additional texture folders to get the tool to search for other texture files which reside outside the usual texturebank, common, entitybank folders .

After config code is out of the way I can crack on with implementing enhanced code to the main features.

Attachments

MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2016 15:21
coming right along.

PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Looking very good
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2016 22:15
thanks - some things may still change like the button images, just wanted to get them in there while in early dev stage.
had some techy problems today, but all fixed now.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2016 22:33
Thought it was about time we had manipulation widgets, so been playing around with these for last couple of hours just with the floor. This will save on unnecessary move/rotate/scale buttons

Attachments

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2016 10:34
Been playing around with DBO files and getting some C++ code to extract the information I need to save out to other possible formats. Does anyone have the need to export to other formats other than .X, .DBO..... what about 3DS , I seem to recall someone wanted that format for the tool but can't remember who? If not , no problem I have learnt something new
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2016 15:28
I like the .dbo and .x formats. I don't see much advantage in going into other formats, just to have to change them back again.

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2016 15:35
@MK83-thanks for the response.....I don't have much use for 3DS either only .X and DBO. This is no problem I can continue to code other features, was curious as I recall someone mentioned 3DS ages ago.
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2016 16:24
How's this coming along?

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2016 10:47
Hi all, sorry for no recent updates, been away at the beach for a rest. Anyway, still working on this project, will give more updates soon, figuring some stuff out and found faster way of handling texture side of things for FPSC levels. Lots of optimization of code going on at the moment.
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2016 14:11
Great

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2016 10:16
ok so there are a lot of code improvements that Im doing at the moment that will make the tool more efficient/faster and one thing I have now achieved is the ability to directly access texture info from each object file at an extremely fast rate using a faster method and I did a test in visual studio and for the FPSC ww2 level, it took under 1 minute (56 secs to be precise) to do all the texturing of each object that makes up the level (366 objects in total). In the old version of the tool currently takes over 5 mins and 11 secs to process the whole level ww2 level.

Once these blocks of code are optimized, I can implement them into the main tool code. Tons to do, but am hoping it will be worth it.

Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; 12GB.
FPSC to GameGuru Tools: SegAutoWelder, Entity+Weapon Welder

Attachments

synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Impressive !!
Cant wait
PM
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2016 16:12
Anticipating this so much.

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2016 11:49 Edited at: 28th Aug 2016 11:51
blimey it's quiet on the GG forums

anyway, after a small break and actually playing some games, am getting a bit further with the AutoWelder tool and import of FPSC levels for both X9 and X10 (see pic showning Metro Theatre). May do a video at some point once the code for the level side is finished off.

Attachments

seppgirty
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2016 14:40
lookin' good. keep it up.
gamer, lover, filmmaker
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2016 15:19
Awesome.

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2016 18:00
thanks guys
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2016 12:43 Edited at: 29th Aug 2016 12:43
Cool,thought i might have to look through your window to (just to check your still working of course ).

Dave
PM
Gypsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for your hard work on these, just purchased and can not wait to try.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2016 15:11
@Gypsy: many thanks for you recent purchase, very much appreciated. I have sent the links to you for the current versions.

Please note to all: The next version will not be SegAutoWelder 4.0 but AutoWelder 1.0 as I decided to drop the "Seg" part as it's too specific.

Gypsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Downloaded , watched the tutes, tried it out...Awsome ! a must have in your toolbox. I'm running win 10/ 64 intel I7 3.4 ghz octicore, 12 gig, ati gtx750ti 2 gig, Have to right click and run as admin or it crashes but that's ok, work flawlessly. Thank you so much Bored !
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2016 08:51
@Gypsy-thanks for your kind comments, glad it's working for you.

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2016 09:42 Edited at: 31st Aug 2016 12:39
Here is a YT video showing current progress with the Autowelder 1.0 tool, at the moment only FPSC level has been done and still have scaling and other options to add in.
Since uploading the video, code for saving out to directX/.DBO has been completed and tested with full FPE/thumbnail.

granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2016 11:18
Looks really cool,nice work on this tool .

Dave
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2016 12:38
thanks Dave, I'll be adding more vids from time to time as it progresses.
ozziedave
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2016 20:40 Edited at: 31st Aug 2016 20:40
The speed is much improved, nice interface, this software will be a Masterpiece.
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2016 21:39
thanks OzzieDave-there will be loads of improvement and the GUI may or may not change will see how development goes. So impressed with the FPSC level speed, the new technique has paid off.

Once level side perfected as best as I can, then will move onto the segment mode side with loads more user interaction. Can't wait to get started on that .....
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2016 02:14
Love what you have done with this tool

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2016 06:18
thanks MK83

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2016 09:08 Edited at: 1st Sep 2016 13:32
today will be spent adding the FPSC level options GUI, may look into having all the options across different functions in 1 window and tabbed and the user can just select the various tabs and change the options within each tab. Options for levels that I can think of so far are in no particular order:

- Break up in chunks (default will be set to 1 chunk-max I think will be 10 for now)
- Reposition Level (you can reposition the level or opt out)
- include DINS textures (i.e. include the _I, _N and _S textures along with either the _D or _D2 textures)
- Save texture file (this will save time if you wanted to open up the same level at a later date)
- Scale factor
- Include export of dynamic entities
- swap textures? (want to see if it works with levels if the user wanted to swap say wall or floor textures to a customised one)
- Browse/Edit FPE prior to save (user can have the choice of browsing/modifying the FPE before they save)

If I think of any other options, I'll add above.

Still testing out the widgets and may add them where appropriate e.g. punch/weld and segment tools.
Need to re-read my notes on your suggestions too as my brain can't recall on top of my head what you wanted but is in my code.

[update-here is a continuation video from the one I did previously]

synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Amazing !!
Looking forward to this
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2016 22:12 Edited at: 3rd Sep 2016 11:45
thanks Synchromesh,

If any current purchasers want to try out the new version as it stands i.e. FPSC to GG level import only, please email/PM me and I will send a link to you as soon as possible.

Here is a video to show the added level options:

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2016 15:59 Edited at: 5th Sep 2016 15:59
working on segment side today, optimized code so that only takes 1 second to load in FPS segment information for a 22 part segment e.g. the "Lobby Stairs FULL bottom.FPS". Takes about 9-10 seconds in the previous version. Think there is still room to optimize this code further.

Think I now have all the information I need to produce basic prefab segments where applicable.

Attachments

Lance
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2016 18:28
Been working with the 'new' Autowelder for the last couple of days and it is faster at loading and 'welding' than previous versions . Every time I start up the app I have to go thru the config setup procedure . Dose it save it yet ? As of now I have the Autowelder app sitting on the desktop but all GG/FPSC 'stuff 'are on my 'D' drive . the level built loads into GG good, the hard part is getting the entity's back in to the multi level (floor) building . Placing 12-18 'entity's' back in the correct position is a pain in the .... .
I like having the camera working for me again for the .BMP which hasn't worked for me in a while .
Nice work BOTR..............
Side note:

I built a stand alone in GG of the level and GG compiled it (no problem with the Autoweld assembled building) but when I tried to run the 'Game' I got LUA errors . I have added some of Avram's code in the 'global' LUA file for my helicopter which works in the latest build in the editor but not in the final game build . If I remove it from the 'global' in the 'game' build the 'game' runs . Actually the helicopter is not in the 'game' but the code for it is in the 'global' LUA . This is not a problem with the Autowelder but just an observasion of what happened . GameLoop below:

function GameLoopInit(sth,rra,rsp,rde)
g_gameloop_StartHealth = sth
g_gameloop_RegenRate = rra
g_gameloop_RegenSpeed = rsp
g_gameloop_RegenDelay = rde
gameloop = require "scriptbank\\gameloop"
package.path = "scriptbank/?.lua;" -- I added these here
aConfig = aConfig or { path = "Avram/" } --
require (aConfig.path .. "bootstrap") --
gameloop.init()
end

Lance

Lance

Joined 22nd Jul 2003

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2016 19:26 Edited at: 5th Sep 2016 19:30
@Lance-thanks for the feedback, for the config file to save out, make sure you run as administrator (see pic) otherwise the tool can't write out to your root drive, then click on "save config". the .ini file should save to your root drive even if it's C: or D: . if you still have problems, let me know and I'll have a look into the problem.

I must admit placing the dynamic entities is a pain at the moment, I'm hoping to think of better solution.
1.Place the level in the GG editor first, then attach the levelposition.lua script to the dynamic level entity.
2. Place the dynamic entities anywhere in the GG editor and attach the relevant .lua script to it.

I'll come back to this post being shouted at for dinner ha

Attachments

Lance
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2016 22:07
The levelposition.lua and all the other entity lua files are empty so attaching them does nothing . As far as saving the save config. it works . I didn't think I would have to run as ADMIN every time I ran the program ..

Time for my evening meal ...............

Lance
Lance

Joined 22nd Jul 2003

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2016 22:22 Edited at: 6th Sep 2016 07:02
yes, for win7,8 and 10 "run as admin" should always be ticked in the compatibility tab of properties. That way you can just double click on the app icon instead of right clicking on the icon and selecting "run as administrator" every time.
doing this should save the .lua files and config.ini out correctly.

Attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 04:39:03
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 04:39:03