Third Party Tools / Segment AutoWelder for GG v2.0

Author
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2016 03:18
If anyone wants the doors in .x format , as currently they do not work in this format when output.

here is a quick work around,

1. Make a folder on yeh desk top, copy over the output doors texture files with the .dbo file.

2. Download Free version of Fragmotion here > http://www.fragmosoft.com and install it.

3. Open fragmotion and select Open from menu, find the folder on your desktop were the .dbo file & textures are
select the .dbo then left click on the center of the frag motion window, The door will auto load with textures.
4. Now go to File at top and select Export, box pops up were it says at bottom save as type fragMOTION UGH Files (.ugh)
select the tab to select scroll to near bottom of the list and select > .x format , click Save.

See Image for settings.

You now have doors in .x format.

Simply alter the fpe file to .x from .dbo

eg, similar to this

;Created by SegAutoWelder v3.5.7.5
;Animation Fix with Fragmotion

;header

desc = Control_Room_Door_C (Auto)

;visualinfo
textured = Control_Room_Door_C (Auto)_D2.dds

effect = effectbank\reloaded\entity_basic.fx

castshadow = 0
transparency = 0
;orientation
model = Control_Room_Door_C (Auto) .x
offx = 0
offy = 0
offz = 0
rotx = 0
roty = 0
rotz = 0
scale = 100
collisionmode = 0
defaultstatic = 0
materialindex = 0

;identity details
ischaracter = 0
isimmobile = 1
forcesimpleobstacle = 3
notanoccluder = 1

;statistics
strength = 100
explodable = 0
debrisshape = 0

;ai
aiinit = appear.lua
aimain = doorauto.lua
aidestroy = disappear.lua

;sound
;(IF AUDIO FILE NOT FOUND, FPS FILE COULD BE POINTING TO INCORRECT DIRECTORY,CHECK FPSC AUDIOBANK AND SEARCH/COPY AUDIO FILE OVER)
soundset = audiobank\scifi\scenery\doors\open.wav
soundset1 = audiobank\scifi\scenery\doors\close.wav
;spawn
spawnmax = 0
spawndelay = 0
spawnqty = 0

;anim
animmax = 1
; (IF DOOR DISAPPEARS DURING ANIMATION OR IF YOU CAN STILL WALK THROUGH DOOR AFTER IT CLOSES
; CHANGE 1ST FRAME 0 TO 1 BELOW AND ADD 1 TO LAST FRAME E.G. ANIM0=0,30->ANIM0=1,31)
anim0 = 1,31
playanimineditor = 0

Happy converting, and thanks for the new update Mike.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2016 07:47 Edited at: 9th Apr 2016 07:51
@ncmako-thanks, I took off the compression when using the packer tool.
@seppgirty-glad u got it ok-new GUI will be much better, and the whole door process will be much improved especially with doors that have more than one door/frame which I hadn't taken into account when writing the program originally.
@Super Clark-great tip thanks for adding that. Once I work out how to apply animations to X format, this will be included in 4.0. Doors have been the hardest due to complexity of some them.
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; LG TFT monitor (widescreen). Wanting a new PC at some point.
Interests: Drumming, Saxophone, Art, Theatre, Music.
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
doesnt work for me...

I downloaded the lastest version and made everthing showed in your video , door and frame are created correctly, textures too for both (DINS) the door works correctly in the edtior but in test game even with shader on higtest setting the I textures doesnt work..

someone else has my same problem or maybe i'm missing something?
PC Specs:

Q9550@3,8GHZ - 8GB RAM - SVGA R9 280 3GB GDDR5 - HDD WD 1500TB
PM
Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2016 15:38
The textures are still issues, but I tested old FPS Creator and the only way I can get the Illumination of light over door
is silly settings in GG and just not worth it. spent hours on the light mapping my self and its just not as it was for these
old FPSC textures. I think its down to GG as if you use the original illuminationmap.FX effect from FPSC you get just
a white blob object.
Here is my Results with a little tweeks

Dns Textured On Door

Dns Textured Off Door

Dns Textured Off Door - Specular Map (Modded Light Section By me)

Original .S Texture Map

Modded .S Texture Map

PM
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
EHI MIKE ... any idea about our issues
PC Specs:

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2016 05:22
As i have started a new contract and have other personal commitments, I will not have much time for updating this tool in the near future.
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; LG TFT monitor (widescreen). Wanting a new PC at some point.
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2016 21:28
Good luck BOTR's. Hope everything works out for you.
Thanks for everything
best
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
good luck and thanks for your time and effort to gameguru
PC Specs:

PM
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2016 02:21
This quit working, just started the app like i've done 100's of times and now wont work. yes running as admin. Pc specs in my sig.
AMD Phenom x4 9850 2.58 Ghz , 6 gb ram, 2GB EVGA Geforce GTX 750, Win 10 x64

PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2016 16:44 Edited at: 14th Apr 2016 16:44
Quote: "This quit working, just started the app like i've done 100's of times and now wont work. yes running as admin. Pc specs in my sig."

As it seems both tools have stopped working for you rings alarm bells that its a windows issue ...
something you installed maybe conflicting ?
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2016 16:52
I got it fixed by re booting 3 times. This all happened after my pc updated windows.

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2016 06:55
I wasn't going to do another update to the segment tool, but after the illumination issues, I'm gonna make small update(s) so that the FPE contains the _D.dds path\filename if DNS option selected and maybe some other tweaks as I had the tool prematurely throwing an error out and exiting down to a path not being found, which seems to be down to a syncing issue and getting itself confused somewhere
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2016 17:54
@Bored of the Rings, I have a question about a ceiling. I made the Armoury Segment in the scifi rooms section. The problem I am having is that when placing the ceiling in Guru it wants to stay at ground level. Sometimes I can get the ceiling to go to the correct height on the wall edges of the room, but, can't seem to fill the rest of the room in. Ceilings worked fine in the corridor section. This is only when making a room segment from scifi, (so far). I have not tried other categories yet.

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2016 19:34
@MK83-I had some issues where some ceiling segments would not load in and cause the program to crash because of a negative Y axis issue as far as I could tell at the time. I did a temp fix to get them to load in by changing the -negative Y Axis to above 0 and the segment then loaded in ok (very odd). I'll see what I can do and try another approach.
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2016 22:58
Quote: " I'll see what I can do and try another approach."
Thanks, take your time.

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2016 07:17 Edited at: 21st Apr 2016 08:13
@MK83-I think I misread/misunderstood your original post. Did you mean you saved out the separate parts of the segment and then placed them back in GG? You probably did, but did you try using 'page up' key while in 'GRID' mode when placing the ceiling or maybe I'm misunderstanding? Do you have a screenshot that might help?

In the FPS file, for both parts (floor.x and ceiling.x) the Y axis is a negative value of -51 for both parts. I'm not sure but it seems maybe FPSC was seeing these as floor pieces and not ceiling pieces so the correct height isn't being set.

partmode1 = 0
meshname1 = meshbank\scifi\moonbase\rooms\armoury\ceiling_a.x
offx1 = 0
offy1 = -51
offz1 = 0
rotx1 = 0
roty1 = 0
rotz1 = 0

Going back to my dynamic entity placement code this morning for FPSC levels, really want to concentrate on that and any fixes/tweaks. So there will be additional updates to 3.5.7.5, the next will be 3.6. At the moment I won't have much time working on the new GUI version and I think it's worth getting the current tool right.

[update-just went into FPSC and looked at the ceiling segment, its' a floor segment, but in FPSC you could paint them as ceilings by going up a level using + key and then paint as a floor. If it suited purpose you could just paint what you want to achieve in FPSC and save as a level and then use the tool to import/export it (see 2nd pic)]

Attachments

MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2016 18:21 Edited at: 21st Apr 2016 23:42
Quote: "Did you mean you saved out the separate parts of the segment and then placed them back in GG?"
Yes that is what I did. If I make the whole segment in FPSC then import it, the ceilings work fine. Thanks.

EDIT: But, you can't use illumination map because you can't name the _D texture in the .fpe. It takes several textures to make up the prefab. That was why I was making individual parts.

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2016 06:34
@MK83-ok thanks for the clarification-I'll leave the tool as is.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2016 08:26
importing dynamic entities for FPSC levels seems to be coming on well so hopefully soon you will be able to have your FPSC converted levels come with all the dynamic entities
seppgirty
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2016 14:44
Sounds exciting BOTR. Keep it up.
gamer, lover, filmmaker
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2016 15:25
BOTR's
Quote: " with all the dynamic entities"

That will be a BIG improvement, thank you
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2016 16:23
LUA is my friend (so far)
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2016 18:31
yay, my first dynamic crate from imported FPSC level now in GameGuru.... still early days but works with help from LUA.... now automating the process.... the fun can now begin.

Attachments

MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2016 23:08
Quote: "yay, my first dynamic crate from imported FPSC level now in GameGuru.... still early days but works with help from LUA.... now automating the process.... the fun can now begin. "

Cool

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2016 10:29
Dynamic entities import video attached-early testing stages part I:

Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2016 10:46
Thanks for the update mike, and for deciding to continue the great work U.R. A. Gem........

P.s Can I message you regarding your fuse video and Fragamotion importing characters I am having some trouble
and I don't have 3dx max cash so stuck with blender.

Thanks
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2016 11:50
@Super Clark: Thanks for your comments-yes please feel free to PM me, I'll try and respond and soon as possible.
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2016 19:22
@Bored of the Rings, great progress, keep it coming.

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2016 08:36 Edited at: 26th Apr 2016 13:53
done a bit more testing with dynamic entities using static/dynamic lights and neither work which I was kinda expecting, was worth a try though. Now to test out conker character entity, see if I have more luck with him. Weapon ammo works ok so far

[update-fixed door issue I had in video, Z rotation coord was set instead of Y rotation coord (doh), both doors positioned ok]
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2016 17:57
at least me doors and conker import ok. Had to use Mender to remove strange drooping skin effects.

I will be (time permitting) going back to working with Mixamo, Mender, Animer, Fragmotion and 3DS max to get the character entities in and do another video at some point, although my previous vids are still on YT. Not an easy task

Attachments

MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2016 20:10
Super, Looking good.

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2016 22:13
got Conker as third person using Mender/Mview/Fragmotion/Animer with the dreaded one TPV staff weapon. About time we had more third person weapons :-(

Attachments

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2016 06:04
Now that basic entities can be positioned based on the level x,y,z offsets (GG lights can be moved but don't seem to work-I have another test for lights but my hopes aren't high). I want to test out my not so exciting test level I did in standalone and see if there are any issues. Really could do with being able to talk to the engine as it's not practical having to manually add the entities into the editor. That's a big downside. I'm hoping that the pros will be that you will be able to reconstruct a full FPSC level in GameGuru . The downside is there will be some manual processing which will only be placing the required entities and occurences of those entities in the GG editor

My aim is to have all the required entities for an FPSC level placed in a sub directory with the required FPE that will point to the correct LUA script so that it can be positioned correctly on the imported FPSC level. That way all you need to do is select the entities that are present in the sub folder of the level and place them on the map. I will be writing a small LUA script today that will get the xyz coords of the level no matter where it's placed on the terrain and position the entities based on those coords. At the moment I'm using fixed XYZ coords of 20000,0,20000 respectively. All being well that should remove the need of a trigger zone which at the moment is not at all practicle

Post testing, I will get the ball rolling getting it all automated and then more testing of the automation process.

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2016 08:44
Small video to come shortly once it's converted. Shows progress of the level dynamic entity placement+some LUA tuition (very basic) for those who want to understand/use LUA more

Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2016 10:01
You are doing great Mike thanks for the efforts I know by what little I have been doing converting is a lot of work involved
so always remember to take some time to chill out and go back to the headache as it helps.... by experience
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2016 10:14 Edited at: 27th Apr 2016 10:15
Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2016 11:13
This is very good Mike, and I am very impressed on your talents. I would love to be able to understand .lua codes and scripting
like this.... well done mate.
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2016 11:24 Edited at: 27th Apr 2016 11:24
@Super Clark-thanks mate. LUA is fairly new to me and helps if you have programmed before, although I think many users can pick it up quickly just takes a bit of trial and error and also learning from others. There a lot of talented scriptors on these boards of who have achieved amazing things.
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2016 18:39
@Bored of the Rings, great work.

PM
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
outstanding
PC Specs:

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2016 09:24 Edited at: 2nd May 2016 09:26
after having a bit of a break working on mixamo character stuff, my attention is now back onthe Welder tool. Time to implement the dynamic entity code and get it fully automated, which will take some time. All this will be brought into the new GUI 4.0 version and hopefully improved. For 4.0 version I want more point and click functionality and the ability to process more than one segment at a time (multi file select or a CLI version where you can just drag and drop file(s) onto the executable and it will go and process em all in one go). As I'm doing away with the dreaded tickboxes for the parts a better viewing and selecting system will be implemented over the coming weeks/months.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2016 22:22
Found some time to start adding code to copy over the FPE files into a sub folder "entities" for the dynamic objects to reside. Added a new prompt during FPSC level import which asks the user if they want to export dynamic entities or not. Each original FPE will need to be processed and converted where necessary such as the FPI -> LUA parameters. Each dynamic entity will then need to be copied over with textures and LUA scripts autogenerated that will hold the XYZ pos/rotation coords etc. So getting there gradually

Attachments

seppgirty
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2016 22:45
Sounds promising. Keep it up.
gamer, lover, filmmaker
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2016 23:11
Your making one heck of a piece of software.

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2016 08:39
thanks so much guys for your kind comments, much appreciated, it's beginning to take shape now and this morning prior to work have been adding even more code to read in the FPE files so that it can check the required parameters and change where necessary and to get the information on where the model/texture is stored and copy it over automatically. It will be quite exciting to get this done as soon as possible so that I can test and release it. After the release, I will concentrate on 4.0 and weapon welder as well as make a start on entity welder (a familiar theme is appearing here )
Entity Welder will also be free to all paid SegWelder users.

MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2016 16:42
Quote: "Entity Welder will also be free to all paid SegWelder users."
Freakin awesome, Thank you so much.

PM
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2016 23:56
Quote: " As I'm doing away with the dreaded tickboxes for the parts a better viewing and selecting system will be implemented over the coming weeks/months"

Very interested and excited to see what you come up with. I'm sure it will turn out great
Thanks BOTR
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2016 07:50
thanks guys-still working on it, it's quite involved but it will be worth it hopefully.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2016 09:02
Got the app to auto generate the required number of entity LUA scripts and FPE files, but still a lot of work to do such as copying over the model and texturefiles and other configuration stuff. Fun but challenging.....

Attachments

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2016 17:02
Been a while since I put anything here. I'll be concentrating on making a game finally, but will still be finding time to work on 4.0 of the tool. I have today sent an email to Lee and also got a reply regarding the original "sinking door" issues I was getting. Although I could fix some of them programatically, some doors were still coming out disappointingly. Now there are some parameters in the FPE ; offy=, offsety= and raisefactor= and these parameters should move the object further along the yaxis ,but don't seem to work on some doors and only in test mode. However, I was finding that the when closing the door the object would move further up another e.g. 50 units on the y-axis. So I'm hoping Lee will confirm this to be a bug or my total misuse/misunderstanding of what affect each parameter has when assigning values to them.
I'm hoping the new version will be slicker, faster, more accurate and have a lot more functionality/flexibility than the current version.
Hopefully more updates to come in next few days or so.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 04:09:40
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 04:09:40