Third Party Tools / Segment AutoWelder for GG v2.0

Author
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2015 17:08 Edited at: 3rd Dec 2015 17:12
@BlackFox: many thanks for your comments and question regarding the "mypassword" aspect of the program. I will be revisiting this part of the process and I will definitely be putting in an option where you can enter a custom password other than "mypassword". I always assumed that was standard but it sounds like you have done some "modding" of the FPSC classic, if that's the correct term. I also will be updating the tool to attempt to find any missing textures that are required during the FPSC level/prefab import/export process but can't be found. IT may be that if the tool can;t find it, some sort of prompt will come up and ask the user to manually select it or maybe a temporary texture be put in it's place although not sure how practical/helpful that would be.

In addition, there will be loads of extra functionality added as mentioned on the first thread on page 1 and also there is the "puncher/welder" tool which I think a lot of users will benefit from (this is currently at prototype stage but as stated above I will be adding tons of features this weekend which I will have fun doing. The tool will also be fully FPSC X10 compatible (at the moment I just have an internal switch variable for testing it out as only segments works correctly at the moment).

So there is still a lot of work and fun to be had and users that have already purchased have given some very good feedback on features they would like to see as at the end of the day I will be using this tool a lot in the future and I want other users to be able to do what they want the tool to do as long as it's programmatically possible. So there will be continuous technical support and videos to help everyone that wants to use the tool.

Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; LG TFT monitor (widescreen). Wanting a new PC at some point.
Interests: Drumming, Saxophone, Art, Theatre, Music.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2015 17:58 Edited at: 3rd Dec 2015 18:00
ok, I've also added to my code TO DO list, that I want the user to be able to swap textures for any selected part that makes up the segment and also have "select all/deselect all" buttons on the parts section,, I knew I forgot something
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; LG TFT monitor (widescreen). Wanting a new PC at some point.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2015 19:09 Edited at: 4th Dec 2015 09:23
now added option "Set FPSC Level Pwd" if you want to use your own password that is not the standard "mypassword". Also added 2 buttons "Select All" and "Deselect All" to set all parts as checked/ticked or unchecked/unticked.

[update-meant to add that the user has a choice whether to unzip using the standard "mypassword" or their own or skip that part and just choose an already unzipped universe.dbo file--also the texturing rewrite (not including DNS textures (that's next) has now been done and is a lot more efficient. Added code to generate a list of missing textures and go and find/copy them over to temp area. No longer closes/crashes app.
]

Weeked==Puncher/Welder development
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2015 11:55 Edited at: 4th Dec 2015 11:56
found an error relating to textures and filenames in relation to FPSC level import/export which is probably why some of the textures were coming out wrong oops sorry about that, but all fixed and levels can now be unzipped or you can choose old levels that you don't need/want to rebuild as that can take considerable time in FPSC. I'll put up a wee vid later to show the progress.
Whyrag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2015 22:06
Can't wait to get this !!!!! I have an old FPSC game that is really cool and would like to try to see if this works ! I have a lot of models from Bonds zombie pack, and used his signs program for a lot of stuff in the game as well as other packs I purchased back then. Would be very very cool if this works ! " Escape From Anatomy " in Game Guru would be Awesome ! Then possibly break into outdoor levels with game guru ! This is Awesome Let me know if this can be done in this version or later versions and I will get this right now tonight !
Quad core amd, windows 7 home premium, 16 gigs ram, 2GB EVGA Geforce GTX 750 Ti
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2015 22:41
@Whyrag-Yes all models will be included. Currently no lights, dynamic entities will be exported only static entities. But lighting and dynamic entities can be added in GG. Later version of the software will focus on getting dynamic entities etc in GG from FPSC levels. I'm working on v3.5.4 at this very minute which will add more flexibility to the tool as stated in previous recent posts above + this weekend working on the Puncher/Welder tool while the Mrs is out

This tool will only expand and get (hopefully) better with lots of improvements and added functionality. All free of charge after initial purchase. feel free to try the demo version (unless you already have).

I must say am having fun with developing it and it may be that it turn out to be some kind of Segment Editor/Construction Kit
Was going to do a video on updates but this will probably be tomorrow morning.
seppgirty
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2015 23:54
If anyone is thinking of buying this, Don't hesitate! Well worth the price. Become an early adopter and put some cash in BOTH pocket. I bought it and i am very happy with it.
gamer, lover, filmmaker
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2015 00:40
@seppgirty-thanks so much for the kind comments-that has made my day

I will be uploading a video soon which shows new features for both the segment and level/prefab import.

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2015 08:32
Here is the video on the 3.5.4 updates progress so far:

synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "If anyone is thinking of buying this, Don't hesitate! Well worth the price. Become an early adopter and put some cash in BOTH pocket. I bought it and i am very happy with it."

Couldn't agree more .... This is the ultimate tool for Fps Classic and GameGuru users
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2015 09:16
@synchromesh- thanks for you kind comments and a big thanks for putting the link up and doing the video, looks great
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2015 09:43 Edited at: 5th Dec 2015 09:55
*** FPSC X10 - levels now textured using the 3.5.4 version of the tool ****
time to have a coffee and then switch the FPSC X10 flag on

I've had a report from a user who recently purchased 3.5.3 that they are having issues with the "set FPSC root dir/set GG root dir" options. Is anyone else having issues with this? These options were mainly added for external drive users where their installations are not on the usual C: drive, although should still work. I will be retesting the whole 3.5.4 functionality prior to release as it's important these bugs are stamped out so that it doesn't hold you guys up, so fear not I will resolve. If this is an urgent issue to anyone, I will fix and release a small update to all that purchased so far (many thanks again to all that have). I am also thinking of just having 1 version of the tool that runs on all OS systems as it's a bit of a nightmare having an additional Win10 version. It was mainly to do with the zipping/archiving of segment files and unzipping of fpsc levels that saw the birth of the Win10 version as the code isn't compatible. Do most users use Winzip/Winrar/7bit/others? I would love to hear from you as I plan changing the code to be compatible with all OS's. I usually review my code and sometimes think, why the hell did I do it like that so I am self critical which keeps me on my toes
I really want this tool to be solid and near perfect as perfect as it can get as I also intend and do use the tool for my games design in GG (for indoor anyway).
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2015 10:37 Edited at: 5th Dec 2015 13:11
Here are examples of FPSC X10 "out of the box" segments / levels and importing into GameGuru:

seppgirty
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2015 13:59
Quote: "I've had a report from a user who recently purchased 3.5.3 that they are having issues with the "set FPSC root dir/set GG root dir" options. Is anyone else having issues with this? "

I have this problem on win 7. Using 3.5.3

I could not get this program to work. Then i just named all build game files from classic as "simple" So segment auto welder could find it. Then in Guru i click on "entity bank" and that is where they are. A simple work around
gamer, lover, filmmaker
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2015 15:10
@seppgirty: thanks for the reply- I will update the code as I've seen the problem.
As soon as this is fixed and tested in 3.5.3, I will send out an updated version 3.5.3.1 as soon as possible.
Sorry to all for the inconvenience.

seppgirty
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2015 18:05
Just ran a small level through fragmotion and got the level to load in Dx studio. This is awesome!
gamer, lover, filmmaker
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2015 18:35
@seppgirty: this is great news, glad it's working for you. Also, good news is the options "Set FPSC Root Dir" and "Set GG Root Dir" issues are now fixed and tested on both local and external drives. In addition, the build game ->simple issue you had will no longer happen. I had hard coded this as "simple" as I have never altered the naming. This now looks at the Build.ini file for the correct name. sorry for inconvenience caused, but am glad these things are getting resolved. Just want to do some thorough testing then will send an updated 3.5.3 as 3.5.3.1.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2015 19:44 Edited at: 5th Dec 2015 19:46
ok, so found another interesting issue with level import and textures. If you find that your levels are coming out with the wrong textures and your saving levels out in the same directory then this is because there are textures that have the same filename. So it will be wise to save all your levels in separate directories. I found this by creating a quick level in FPSC and using the "control room" prefab. When I used the tool to import/export this test level; because I had other textures with the same name in my GameGuru ->user/fpsclevels directory, this was conflicting with the existing WW2 textures and so these were showing instead of SciFi textures.
So recommend the work around above.
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2015 00:04
@Bored of the Rings Purchased! Can't wait to see what I can do with this
Looks great so far. I'm running win7 also, will wait for updates.
Thank you for doing this ....
best
ACKohollic
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2015 06:52
Hello all,
a few things to check if you are having troubles with running this tool with windows 10.
1. make sure you run the app as ADMIN mode.
2. check your %appdata\Local directory and delete the seg welder references before running
the updated app. I found this to help me. have fun and play hard all.
Addicted to Coding.

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2015 07:08 Edited at: 6th Dec 2015 07:13
@ncmako-thanks for the comments. V3.5.4 will definitely be more flexible and solid as a lot has been improved and the retexturing system redone. FPSC X10 also now works in this version and am currently implementing code to "switch" it on. The new version will run on all OS's instead of having a separate version for Win10. The original zip/unzip code did not work in Win10 and subsequently I changed the code. This new bit of code that works in Win10 will now be implemented in 3.5.4.

@ACKohollic-good tip. I've made sure the tool (3.5.4) deletes all these files, for some reason wasn't working quite right in 3.5.3.

Thorough testing of all functions in v3.5.4 will be done prior to any releasing of this version as I think it's really important you guys get a solid and hopefully issue free version.

Unfortunately, due to the recent issues, I have had to postpone the continuing development with the Punch/Weld tool this weekend and will focus on this during the week, time allowing during work period and other committments. :-(
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2015 18:58
finally fixed the FPSC level camera issue where it was looking tilted/lopsided and you can now walk in the level before taking a snapshot (if the level was built on layer 0 in FPSC). Will have to play around with this a bit more but not a major priority at the moment.
Downloading the DX Studio to see what it can do , thanks to Seppgirty who mentioned it above, cant wait to try this out
Hopefully this week will see more of the punch/weld tool being developed.
oh well time for the xmas tree to go up.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2015 19:31
yeah DX studio looks awesome, managed to import .X textured mesh level into the software. Cool
seppgirty
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2015 22:10
Sent you a pm BOTR
gamer, lover, filmmaker
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2015 08:28 Edited at: 7th Dec 2015 08:29
@seppgirty-thanks for your PM, when I have more time I will get a bit more into the DX studio. Like what I've seen so far.

FPSC X10 switch now implemented and so far (touch wood) seems to run very smoothly on both segment / level side. Also updated some initial code to double check for "Program Files" or "Program Files (X86)". One user had "Program Files (86)", so at least this is now covered.

I really can't wait to get cracking on with the Punch/Weld feature, as I also want to be able to use this, so I'm going to push myself to get this done. Just wanted to make sure the basic functionalities are working correctly for myself and you guys. At some point after the punch/weld tool has been completed, I want to also focus on the changing of textures for parts that make up segments and also having these parts graphically displayed and user selected. I've made a small start but, I think the GUI will definitely need a complete redesign and more gadgets etc added e.g. toolbars, drop down boxes etc where needed (unless you guys like it the way it is )

Just need to (and I keep forgetting sort of) to add some code to prompt the user to locate any missing textures that it couldn't find that the levels need. This is so important and I keep fixing other little things and then find something else. But it's good to smooth all these things out so no error message come out or the tool "bombs out".

Should be a good week and I really would like to see this version released as soon as possible so that a final product is finally produced.
As I mentioned previously, I really want to give it a vigorous test prior to release as there is nothing worse than sending out a product to find minutes later someone has reported it doesn't work for them.

enjoy the day
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2015 15:30 Edited at: 7th Dec 2015 18:29
Vid showing Welder tool and FPSC X10 implementation:

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2015 17:49 Edited at: 7th Dec 2015 17:50
New Win10 demo link posted on first post on page 1 as was reported it wasn't running. Now recompiled and tested on my Win10 32 bit OS so should work ok. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Great feature having the X10 / Classic switch mode ..... Excellent work
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2015 20:21
Thanks synchromesh-lots of improvements to come.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2015 13:45
Here is a short vid showing some progress with the punch/weld tool for segment/mesh objects, hope you like it so far, still a lot to add

Nomad Soul
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2015 22:17
@Bored of the Rings
Firstly, this is amazing and your clearly a talented programmer. I'm definitely buying the official release.

- Will it be possible to include a curved wall segment like in FPSC Classic. Do you make this as a single part?
- Are you still intending to extend this to include dynamic entities?

Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Intel i7 3.4 GHz, 16GB DDR3, NVIDIA GTX 760 2GB DDR5
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2015 06:10 Edited at: 9th Dec 2015 07:08
@nomad soul: many thanks for your kind words. Yes curved wall pieces work too (with both the Welder and Punch/weld tool) and they import as one mesh if that's how they have been modelled (if that's what you were meaning). I will be looking into getting dynamic entities in although I'm hoping GameGuru will recognise them as dynamic. Once the punch tool is finished this will be by next challenge , well one of many.

I think also I need to have separate buttons for Add Mesh/Add Texture instead of all being done in one go and with the punch/weld auto texture them as either red/green using the common punch/weld textures.

MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2015 18:39
What is your ETA of the official final release? And will it include a guide on how to use it?
AMD Phenom x4 9850 2.58 Ghz , 6 gb ram, 2GB EVGA Geforce GTX 750, Win 10 x64

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2015 18:46
@MK83: No officical release date yet, but there will definitely be guide on how to use the whole tool. Would most people prefer e-document or video or both?

MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2015 18:50
Both would benefit greatly, thanks.
AMD Phenom x4 9850 2.58 Ghz , 6 gb ram, 2GB EVGA Geforce GTX 750, Win 10 x64

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2015 19:00
I guess for a quicker release it would be better and quicker to make videos so users can visually see what's going on but e-doc will also be done but takes longer to do.

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2015 10:11 Edited at: 11th Dec 2015 10:12
Here is a vid showing current progress of the punch/weld tool. Am toying with the idea of changing name from SegAutoWelder to just AutoWelder as it does both Segments and Levels so maybe dropping the "Seg" makes more sense

ACKohollic
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2015 12:30
Love what I have seen so far, I like the idea of a scalable punch as you had suggested. Maybe provide a standard punch object as well as a wall / floor object to work from as a starting point to create your own new segment / enitiy by just having a texture in addition to the selection in FPSC Classic. This would allow the freedom to create new assets for game guru. Great work, cannot say that enough!!
Addicted to Coding.

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2015 12:48
@ACKohollic-thanks for the comments- the scalable punch is now on the list and I will also add a basic wall/floor object and basic textures, depending on a base type the user selects and allow the user to change textures and default meshes to suit them. Good stuff, keep the ideas coming, can't wait to get this all implemented, tested and released. Does anyone "like/dislike/would never use" the Weld feature?

Lance
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2015 14:42
The weld feature looks good to me and ability to select textures would make it easy to 'create' new assets . I really like what you have done to the punch tool . Being able to scale the punch is a good idea too . Top down view ; perfect . Good programming BOTR..
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2015 16:05
@Lance-that's really good to hear as I know you are wanting to test your own CSG punches out from what I remember. Scaling and new assets definitely what is needed.
seppgirty
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2015 23:59
I do like the weld tool. This gets better and better. Again people, i can't recommend this enough to get your classic levels over to guru.
gamer, lover, filmmaker
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2015 06:53
@seppgirty-thanks for your support, is very much appreciated. Working on the CSG scaling tool at the moment then I think I need to start integrating with the main Welder tool code.

More updates to come!
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2015 12:56
we can now scale the punch x,y and z up and down and I have just started to implement the "change texture" code. I think after this I will begin integrating with the main AutoWeld tool, that will be fun (I think )

granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2015 17:27
Nice to watch this tool growing,nice work and thanks .

Dave
PM
Disturbing 13
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2015 00:15
Made my purchase. Looking forward to using! This will save so much time.

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2015 07:03 Edited at: 13th Dec 2015 07:04
@granada-thanks for your kind comments, the tool is growing somewhat and the code getting longer each day and still lots to add but I think I am almost ready to integrate into the main tool, just needs tidying up. Once integrated, everything thing will be thoroughly tested (even on my external drives for users that have FPSC/GG installed on other media other than the standard C: drive). It will be good to get some official documentation going (video and e-doc).

@Disturbing 13-many thanks for your recent order-I have now sent the download links to your email address. I hope you enjoy using the tool and if you have any issues or ideas, then please feel free to PM or post here or send to my private email address. I welcome any constructive criticism, thoughts or niggles.

Once version 3.5.4 (with integrated punch/weld tool) gets released, I will start looking into new functionality where needed and new GUI in the new year. I want to be able to get those dynamic entities into GameGuru if this is at all possible so that when our FPSC levels are brought in, those dynamic entities come alive.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2015 09:12
I'll shortly be releasing the new version 1.1 of the punch/weld tool for those that have already purchased the AutoWelder tool. So please check your emails every now again.
This will allow you to toy around and get a feel for it. I have also included a video guide on the new version. I even added zombie entity
The scaling was a defo "must" for this and have had fun playing with it.
Enjoy

Lance
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2015 20:33 Edited at: 13th Dec 2015 21:11
Today was a busy day for me but I got a chance to try version 1.1 of the Punch Tool . It is more that good it's Great . I punched a window hole thru a wall then used another punch to take out a piece of the wall next to the window . The texture is just something I picked out . A viewer to see the textures being picked would be nice .

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2015 07:31 Edited at: 14th Dec 2015 07:32
@Lance-Im glad you like the new 1.1 punch/weld tool and is working for you ok. Good idea about the texture viewer, I'll see what I can come up with, although you can change the view type in windows explorer if you want to see picture icons.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 09:55:02
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 09:55:02