Work In Progress / [SOLVED] twin worlds the preperation work

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2016 00:13 Edited at: 4th Apr 2016 00:18
here is a first view of the city of thieves

crowgarin

[img][/img]

before anyone says anything it is a basic street not added the signs carts barells building lights etc but with my new buildings i am actually very chuffed as close up they are detailed totally free of bits. and light up well and designed well. the textures are better and all come off one sheet, and i am only a few buildings done fully checked and ready for furnishing. i have some stilt houses and a variation on many, oh and not started my inns yet

which io have high standards and expect to slot into any part of this city scape and i will be doing a few layouts too to break it up, then the proper country ones and outside city etc. that will be my next aims. but i am going to blast them out on my holidays.
an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2016 11:41
Wow! Very atmospheric! Can't wait to see this lit and outfitted.

Besides, if you ever want me to rename your thread to "Twin Worlds" I can do so, as you are clearly beyond preparation at this point

-Wolf
"When I contradict myself, I am telling the truth"
"absurdity has become necessity"
cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Cogwheel Chronicles
Posted: 4th Apr 2016 23:07
Looks great !

Do you fancy doing a vid sometime so can see what it looks like wandering about in the villages and city?

Yes I want to visit your fantasy land
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2016 20:52
cheers guys, as to video i think i can accomodate that. prob get one up tomorrow
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2016 21:14 Edited at: 8th Apr 2016 21:22

remember low quality video i aint got 4 hours at moment.

gonna do a day video now for you
Emrys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2016 20:44 Edited at: 9th Apr 2016 20:44
Wow, amazing SB, can't wait to see more, the quality of your work is so good.
PC - Windows 7 64bit, Intel i5, 12Gb Ram, 1TB WD Black, Evga Geforce 760gtx 2GB
Laptop - Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Core i7-3632QM processor, 8GB of RAM, 1Tb Hdd, Nvidia Geforce GT 740m
PM
cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2016 22:30
That looks really sweet sb. I kinda new it would be but seeing the vid confirms it. Was expecting a dragon at every turn .
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2016 14:45
Cheers guys although I think I have to do a more early evening video to show it better and the insides of the house I have many types going on and they are still a bit off finished yet and I kinda started again on the entire map as they were not filed correctly and I need things correct placed. Anyway I have at.least several building types to do
Already have 2 types open shop blacksmith 2 platform houses 2 boat houses 3 x 3 floor houses bungalow terraced a reskin church

Have hotels inns next to do. And a palace type thing so lots to do
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2016 14:33
Ridicoulusly (there is a type in there, isn't there?) good!

Please finish this project!! It'll be a milestone for game guru and its rep if you do.

-Wolf
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2016 22:21 Edited at: 13th Apr 2016 01:11
will do a level for free to put out ther3e but not until it is overly secure and the needed parts. sky domes of rolfyus and stuff but a level needs none popping lights and shadows, which is what is happening that would not do game guru any good. i promise i will finish my work but tbh it depends on gurus abilities.

@wolf there is types.

i have basic then customise like open ground floor bungalows 3 floor house and houses on wooden platforms lol
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2016 01:20 Edited at: 13th Apr 2016 01:57

as promised a better butchers at the latest design remember not finished by miles. bannisters railings walls and there will be better props i will make, and if they sorted out lighting and the efx working 360o instead of sun side only. would look better, also lots of bits to do to individualise the houses. making a whopper hotel at the moment then inns etc. and canopies and more shutters etc fireplaces and more so far from finished. i hope to have a vast library of 50 + buildings and finished by the end of 2016. thats my time frame. i have till dec 2016 to of finished this set of houses shops hotels inns barracks boat houses sets of house types and with different designs a set of ruined houses and fully sorted. 2017 is design more beasts and props and sort out the dungeons fully. the rest of stuff i will give away on this thread. i have to give a building set yet so watch out for that probably my first town on this thread. not the inn though. again i will remove the textures. and let you build your own textured houses. not seen any dungeons made yet

anyway took hours to upload so late now so nighty night all
Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2016 06:06
Amazing work, scienceboy. Can't wait to see it with some characters.
nuncio
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2016 06:21
great! i really like this!
http://www.nuncio-rap.de
intel core i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz; 8GB RAM // NVIDIA GeForce GTX560Ti
cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2016 19:24
That is a fabulous set. Those scruffy leaded windows are a really nice feature too. Like the crooked chimneys also. Just like it all really

Cheers.
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2016 02:03
cheers guys, although i am still not happy with the video, i kinda should of waited till i had actually finished the buildings and spent time filling them with correct furniture.

anyway a look at wooden panel houses and 2 unique built houses

[img][/img]

i will be making more wierd constructed house that go crooked spiral and twist and distort but lets get the basics done first which is as you see in the video. i think the shops have too much space so i may add walls in there or something.

anyway 2 wierd enterable houses

[href][/href]

[href][/href]
Ertlov
GameGuru BOTB Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2016 14:46
This is really incredibly detailed work and astonishing as always.

Would you mind passing over one of those building to check if I can reproduce our #1 Father´s Island Bug with it?

Best,

Ivan
AMD FX 8Core @ 4GHZ - 16 GB DDR4 - 2xRadeon7950 - Windows 7 Ultimate
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2016 23:26 Edited at: 26th Apr 2016 02:08
i had trouble with lighting on models way back on last decent set of houses, suddenly one panel went different shading. i found it is angles and bends on a plane that if on a different angle can appear darker i learnt to use a copy technique, as in where the wall was good i copied and pasted to get a flowing model. it worked. but not sure if it is the same, looks similar. but then the lighting in this engine is so iffy i would not take anything serious till they get onto it properly

gtox it does need movement but sadly i am not yet at the point to add lots of people hopefully some point soon.

and cheers all for nice comments. keeps me going.

near finished a small inn with 3 floorswill show later this week if all good

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2016 01:13 Edited at: 27th Apr 2016 01:20
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
messing about with rocks today needed a house break so i went into rocks and formation to aid the very dull and limited terrain. and was inspired by a scenic walk in singleton which was texture rich. as in i was up close snapping rocks moss wood etc looked insane but ya know stone rock and wood texture guy here if its there get it. anway awesome countryside walk with waterfalls hills grassy gnolls and babbling brooks with gnarly old trees. yorkshire dales is beautiful, if get the chance go. ( take your camera)

thank you bod i admire your work too, especially like your interior and lighting.

anyway to break up the tedium of houses a quickly put together mini terrain

[href][/href]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2016 21:28 Edited at: 2nd May 2016 21:30
again breathing from houses and shops and wierd houses a quick snap of the rocks formed as a peak drop, with a solitary person looking out at the view, and if i am honest when i climb it on game time it is very awe inspiring. but ya know save something for actual gaming pleasure

anyway[img][/img]

tbh the side behind is more completed country and where the character is looking towards, but this appeared a good angle to take a shot
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2016 23:08
Wow! Amazing!
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2016 23:22
cheers wolf but put against your work mine is dull. but i must keep going as ordered by you lol. how you doing? and how is wolfs mech war world coming along?
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2016 23:01
You remind me of a friend of mine. Always very quiet and held back and when I asked her one day why she speaks so little when we are out, she'd say because she can't speak as well as we do. Which was nonsense, she had the best german I ever heard and spoke very well... your work is in no way any more dull than mine. Its really frickin' good!
I have an a bit more alien but you really excell at classic fantasy!

And yeah! You better follow my order and finish this puppy
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2016 14:15
Quote: "You remind me of a friend of mine. Always very quiet and held back and when I asked her one day why she speaks so little when we are out, she'd say because she can't speak as well as we do. Which was nonsense, she had the best german I ever heard and spoke very well... your work is in no way any more dull than mine. Its really frickin' good!
I have an a bit more alien but you really excell at classic fantasy!"

sorry for 10 year reply i been ridiculously working and dealing with a new house i get the keys for on friday, splitting up, new job position which is finally calming down for the moment. etc etc. well as to the above i see your view but that could be also because your work is just so admirable that our own is dull to us in comparison. so ok we are not too bad in our field ( not meaning to sound big headed and i am actually fa from that) although i do often fly in for peace justice and guardians of the galaxy way! but to be honest there is a lot of creative talent around and so i tiop my hat to all.

and i will follow your orders. i have as i said been none creative lately but been chipping away at a few things here and there, rugs, furniture sets little models here and there, organising, retextures etc. not touched my buildings for ages. been working on monsters and stuff a bit though so in a month or so maybe a new beast to add to the world of twin worlds.plus more architecture for dungeons, rooms etc.

anyway we will see this week

cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2016 22:43
Nice to have you back sb - thought you'd got lost.

Now get back to game land

Looking forward to seeing the monsters.

Ertlov
GameGuru BOTB Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2016 05:20
Same here, we are all waiting for your next updates and hopefully something playable soon
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2016 13:41
cybernescence and ertlov cheers guys but your works in progress are better than mine. tbh i think my game is there in concept i seem to be always waylaid with modelling and yapping on about nothing half the time. you guys have functioning in there games look great and full of great extras, videos ongoing terrain etc etc. always get a few minutes on a night to quickly view the forums to see what you guys are up to mostly on my mobile which is slow with writing so i never often write on my phone too long. so i am there guys just exhausted from a 12 hour shift on monday i did a 16 hour shift, lost the plot!

anyway i am hoping to give a little nugget this or next week to keep the thread alive. until then i rely on you guys to give the candy including wolf rolfy nuncio syncroman dvader laffiete etc. ( sorry if i missed your name off ) to bring the joy and creative fires that all of us crave. bring it on guys
Ertlov
GameGuru BOTB Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2016 14:24
Quote: "cybernescence and ertlov cheers guys but your works in progress are better than mine"

You keep saying that, yet your WIP always makes me envy you a little bit. Someone of us twomust be wrong then, and I am rarely wrong
cryptweaver
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 25th Jun 2016 00:13
skills you have my friend. Very nice My only suggestion is that you keep this going!
Wishing you all the best.
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2016 15:08
I'm with the cryptweaver! Take your time with everything and we'll be here when you get back. I'll be at least...not that I could ever stop

-Wolf
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2016 16:44
no pics or demos or anything yet to show, but fear not i will be continuing the world as of today, had a little play and extra design on my lake towns. with interlinking rivers making a large set of islands but unidentified as islands, this means boats are the main way of travel and trade, so it is getting some love. also i am ready to kick out some monsters again with the new set of rolfy beasts on its way looking forward to exploring there and i like humungous very much, anyway. i am back up and after a long break re animated to do stuff.
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2016 20:16
Looking forward to it! Cheers
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2016 14:38
ok here is part of the lake lands different fragmented lands created by quakes and winds and the land is dotted with small villages and towns all with a port or jetty to enable transport and trade as with these lands eels and dangers lurk in the water and strange creatures stalk the land it is a very unstable area due to little to no governance.

[img][/img]
Emrys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2016 20:48
Looking awesome

Where are you SB?
PC - Windows 7 64bit, Intel i5, 12Gb Ram, 1TB WD Black, Evga Geforce 760gtx 2GB
Laptop - Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Core i7-3632QM processor, 8GB of RAM, 1Tb Hdd, Nvidia Geforce GT 740m
PM
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2016 16:10
blimey been a while, well moved house and gutted it and sorted plumbing, flooring, electrics, knocking walls through etc etc. heavy job. and new girlfriend degree etc and my job just got harder. decided to do a little play over xmas even though doing 12 hours tomorrow and busy hope to get a few hours to add lots of new bits and mess about with things, i am going to add rolfys skydome and will hopefully have a really good looking world.

if tgc pull this one soon to make it easy to add this type of thing if rolfy does not demo then i will twin world demo.
cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2016 17:28
Surprised you've had time to breathe with all that going on . Pleased your back and looking forward to updates when you can.

Merry Christmas.
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2016 23:38
I love your "extending terraces on every floor" scenery. things look great from the ground and the ambience is awesome as well.
Hire Me! I model, animate, cook, clean, and texture!
PLAY KSHATRIYA WETWORK
PLAY RUNNING AROUND
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2017 12:55
cheers bugsy and cyber.

[img][/img]

as you can see i have a very bumpy floor and walls, all characters run on the spot i wonder if i give lee a segment he could work around its bumpy terrain.
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2018 17:46
The veil has been lifted, this project is back.
cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2018 21:08
Hope so. Where you been sb?

Cheers.
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2018 23:39 Edited at: 22nd Jun 2018 23:40
hi guys,

Quote: "Hope so. Where you been sb?"

yes for 2 years i have been studying management and finalised last week, been working lots, bought a house, had to sort it out, got fit and had some life fun as well. but now that all is settling now and the world is calming down i can embrace the ole twin worlds and put a bit of tlc into it

i have made a prison system and built a city up on the map so i have had a few moments but alas not enough to open the thread
also now that the water system is getting into action
although the efx sliders are not present sadly i am not sure if they will be implemented, also the rainbox is not working even after changing the shader and frame. so there are a few things i need to work out and my mimic is not activating anymore, and rolfys wraith is not doing well a few teethings but that the way the cookie crumbles.
anyway will have a few shots up in a while so hang in there

although looking at some works im almost embarrassed to continue this . but i will givew it a go
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2018 23:50 Edited at: 23rd Jun 2018 02:30

[img][/img][img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2018 02:23
as you can see above i have constructed a solid good castle with town, probably a citadel, but the streets go up hill and around and many levels to the top area where there will be the mayor or king of the city, the map is almost ready for inhabit, but for now theres one of my lovely monsters, so anyway most of the city is enterable and a lot of houses shops a nicely blended inn etc, ya know the houses i have already had. for once i am not rushing the city and the rewards are already showing, a good design and now i need the story and plots for this mountainous area
my main thing is i cant get it to rain i have the settings all good but the rain is paused in the matrix style way, followed by the water being at present unchangeable colour and all ways. so i am going to ponder the sub plots and plots and story and the tasks and i am going to add a bit of detective work along with some exploring and action.

at the bottom is the new designed prison or dungeon torture area. its taken a while and still not finished but the parts are about done, my fav bit is when you open the different prison doors, theres spike doors and the classic wood, the little chain and wheel or kind of cog for door openings animates also, adds a bit more to the ambience. as i say i have not really got it fully finished yet nor a good design
but this will be a part of this citadel undergound chambers and dungeons. i do hope they work an infinate water horizon, will allow for better game visuals

i will be this week commencing working on the dungeons and city and maybe get a few models made up, but not sure what to do, i was thinking more prison furniture and architecture as it is always good to make more wierd and none conformed structures. so keep anm eye out
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2018 14:29
Great stuff. Looking great.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2018 22:56
cheers myke, although im a bit rusty, i need to gain my old flair as i cant seem to get the earlier look i had, thats with the new shaders, i am going to spend some time next week really looking at game guru lights and shaders and other bits, hopefully i can get to grips with it
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2018 09:47
i have been lately working on a more less enclosed dungeon architecture, a bit like the prison but more flexible. this will create an entire flowing dungeon prison large area sections to basically give me less limitation and more scope for anything. so far i am pleased with the results giving large rooms and staris 2nd levels doorways and some wood melded architecture which i feel has been needed, i am afterall trying to get a fluid organic feel to the underworld.

my city is coming along nicely and it is forever developing and becoming more gnarly and small streets and levels.
my idea comes from many fantasy paintings of dark overhanging houses with small streets going up hill and that also on a curve. that is a hard challenge to try and stop the models clashing as you can go inside my houses you have to able to place and not overlay and go up hill needs platforms and of course the ground to go up and then to go round a corner without gaps and to keep it looking in place is hard. but i am getting better.

i will be very soon giving a look at the new open dungeon sections to give you an idea. my inspiration for this comes from grimrock 2, skyrim and oblivion. they never cease to inspire. i will also be focusing on animating props, this will be from old wood mech, to swaying water things to swinging chains to cages and many items to make the world less still. them little touches that stand out.

i will towards the end of the year be re activating my beastiary collection. to make sure that the old ones work and new ones work. as my old ones have stopped animating and my mimic just does not open and attack, there is lots to do and thank you cyber for the info on something

no pics this time just an update

sb
charger bandit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2018 19:17
Great job on this, it legit looks like a proper game from a studio and the ambience is on point.
Lost in space
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2018 12:47
cheers charger bandit. well my life plan of 8 years has finally completed, job house car and all the add ons, plus a lovely lass, so i am now a bit less congested in the world of plans goals and target dates. and now more to enjoy my life with some much needed love going into my little world of creation. anyone know of a good image and video to upload to as photobucket are now watermarking and removed videos.

anyway i am finally completed, a bit lost so i guess i can create and achieve now, i have been busy in parts making a much more open dungeon sort of being able to create large chambers like in tombraider so i have been slowly creating some nice architecture, and been making a really nice country map but the ocean is only so deep and resets each time so not sure on that one.

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2019 00:24 Edited at: 15th Apr 2019 00:29
well having watched the hobbit and a few old lord of the pings have decided as why n ot to attempt a sea town like dale in the hobbit and beorns house, also while upon that bree as well so i have a new village and townb to do, i will also make nsure itr fits with all the other houses created, there has been activity going on in the background, i have been just dabbling with dungeons and creating little extras and i have created a sea town which is not too bad although a lot more work is to be done, so i have been pbr exploring and looking at the failures, like the lighting system and my models argue at times, also most of the ai is not very good with my game making, so for now i have got my modelling head on again, i will add more dynamics when the engine works properly as ai still sucks if asking me. its not good for my dungeons i may have to apply invisibel floor and walls to get them moving, also a lot of models are no longer working, thesharks and fish and insects and pretty much all my animals and monsters dont work, i will look into that when i am done with a city village dungeon etc im happy with

anyway so you guys know i am back and i will get some pics up when i find a better than photobucket site....
also i have thousands of creatures and monsters etc for the game the hard part is getting them to
a. move, appear, and not be wierd splintered poly models
b. behave to what i want
c. wait for good melee and spells etc to either improve or be working, there was on the kickstarter a magic system i think, lol
d. actually not get stuck or move on the spot. or fly from the spot

oh i have had some great new little extras to make the dungeons more awesome like proper matchingmoving walls with monsters insdide also lots of easy made traps, and more interesting rooms and halls and other stuff

Attachments

Login to view attachments
GubbyBlips
Years of Service
User Offline
Awesomeness! What a super and huge creation!
PM
cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2019 07:33
Great to see you back on this. Your progress always inspires me and it sounds like you’re having even more ideas for twin worlds.

It can be frustrating getting the AI working and lots of other issues crop up but in the end I think you will have a great world built.

I can imagine walking around with VR and it being stunning given the level of interest youre putting in and those amazing ‘off balance’ buildings.

Wish there were dynamic light shadows for you as that would make your darker set pieces look even better.

Cheers.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 05:36:48
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 05:36:48