User Offline
You alone do all this??? !!!
You are the King of epic scenes !!
When can i play this game?
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
Memory: 32768MB RAM
Card name: NVIDIA Quadro K4000
Display Memory: 4095 MB

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2019 20:20 Edited at: 8th Jul 2019 20:24
@ cybernescence

hey your the one with wolf teabone etc doing some groundbreaking stuff on your works, your the inspiration.

@ KapitanNemo

yes i'm a lone soldier, been at it since 2012, making prepping testing scrapping and restarting etc,
if you think mine looks good check out ybernessences work im a sold customer, and wolfs just an amazing artist and both them and then bugsy rolfy teabone amongst others do a lot more than me, but thank you for the spur

well i am a bit of a perfectionist, this game entails if and when spells and advancement, swimming and weather and day and night cycles so until these little nuggets are in im just creating and shaping and improving.
an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2019 22:11
I recently listed your games as one of the great fantasy projects in GG. New update does not disappoint
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2019 23:24 Edited at: 8th Jul 2019 23:29
@wolf cheers for the shout out. Tbh I forgot to add what I was doing. Need to give yourself some plaudits your work is inspiring.

Well I have done an entire level. Where no matter where you go up to within a few feet of the edge you get a good view. I have totly shaped the world aka level all by hand made the hills andountains roads rivers and lakes everything has been done with purpose each tree angled and placed precisely the river and. Villlage and island with the lone character who dwells there grass roads etc. Took a long time to get dungeon covered from all angles.
This level is part 3

Part 1 your in the City and get the quest and goal and you find the dungeon entrance

Part 2
Your in the dungeon with all manner of traps clues skills of jumping and exploring

Part 3 your in the final part of the dungeon and exit to a countryside and villages with a quest

That's as far as I have gone

But there wlll be
a castle.
marshes.
Port with a ship
A city out in a huge lake
Another countryside
A huge city
Dungeon 2
And back to the original city but with a suprise
Game over
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2019 13:55
Well i just started again a more detailed and planned dungeon, i scrapped the dungeons above as even though looks good and it is good felt it ws built without any direction, it had traps drops rooms and all sorts of good builds, the problem was the link and if you enter the dungeon from the city from a doorway hidden a kind of sewer start needed to have a view from the inside of the sewer dungeon to look out onto a street with houses etc. then it will go deeper and i even on the sky grates have houses viewed as to show depth and levels to the city and your looking up as if to see from below a street level. so you enter at one street height and see a higher level. then it must and is getting darker as you go into the deeper underground of the city sewers and duungeon. to show even more depth to the dungeon it needed to go down and descend so the dungeon had to start at a high level not at standard set level. and of course there is meaning to things in this dungeon.

i had lots of shots of dungeon but for some reason it never took pics so i will look into adding more pictures. even to me the entrance looks great and layered, and connects level 1 perfectly, it also has a more fantasy art and real but pushed a bit out of reality to add to the feel
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2019 21:25
loving this m8 right up my street, love the screenie of the boats very atmospheric
Intel i5 4950 Quad core 3.3ghz AMD FX 6300 x6 cores 3.5ghz(unclocked)
8gb Ram 8gb Ram
AMD Radeon 7570 1gb AMD Radeon HD 6670 2gb
and a well fed mouse on a wheel

I only smile because i have absolutely no idea whats going on
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2019 22:30
Thanks Honkeyboy love what you are doing.
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2019 00:06

Attachments

cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Cogwheel Chronicles
Posted: 23rd Jul 2019 00:26 Edited at: 23rd Jul 2019 00:27
There we go, that’s the style love to see. Thanks for posting those pics.

How did you get so much definition in the walls and especially the floor? Can’t be just normal maps?

Cheers.
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2019 17:39
Well it's a high texture set 4096
Then I made a one brick I then made different textures for each side then copied x4 then rotated a side each time then sliced in half to minimise polycount. So I had 4 x half bricks with dif textures then linked at random to make the uneven bricks where poss I went through each section made straight corner t junction xroads etc and I further reduced poly count
Then made a simple plane black to go over outside to stop the outer lighting piercing through. So it can be poly heavy if making a huge dungeon but I am expecting occluder to work better in the future but I get a steady 40 60 fps on an older system

Hope this helps
PCS
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 26th Jul 2019 18:56
you Guys are talking about and doing stuff that i don't think i will ever be able to do in my life time,
wow.
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G3260 @ 3.30GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.3GHz RAM 16GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 730
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2019 09:09
@pcs if you need help or anything just holler i cant givebtwin world stuff as its unique but if ya want a boost or hand let me know
PCS
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 27th Jul 2019 17:26
@science boy , I always need advice , maybe i will ask for some one day. lol
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G3260 @ 3.30GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.3GHz RAM 16GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 730
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Dammit why cant I get this look … Doesn't even look GG but looks so good ..

The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 6th Aug 2019 08:57
Because you're not using massive amounts of geometry and super high resolution textures?

Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2019 21:06 Edited at: 6th Aug 2019 21:21
@synchromesh
Cheers your an inspiration yourself

@ belidos Lol
Tbh I have not had any problems yet with gg and speed. and im using an old amd buldozer hex core and 4gb ram and a gtx970. So if i have no issues im sure newer ones will be fine.
As to my texture set the one texture does all brick wood metal and extras so its all on one no more so just 4 x 1024 equals my entire dungeon so it makes sense and so its a more efficient method that works very well but each to their own.
Anyway Even with my evil nasties lurking no issues. my game is fully functional i even have my 3rd level which has dungeon countryside with forest and a village and a fully covered map is hitting ave 40 fps. Tbh taken ages as i have gone over the map a lot and the occlusion is working. I have had ma y failed dunveon attempts in the past as in juddering and poor framerate hence the remakes. Hope you one day enjoy a stroll on my level when good security appears
maiacoimbra69
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2019 05:15
very nice work
Solar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2019 05:31
Wow! The brick walls look awesome! Well done.
PM
Bolt Action Gaming
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2019 18:53
@scienceboy are you using cybernessence's heightmap shader?
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2019 19:07 Edited at: 13th Aug 2019 18:10
@ bolt action gaming

No i do have it but not used on the walls.

Thank you guys taken ages if you go back to page one even and read through or if you want to see my first efforts then go to fpsx10 old site yku will see a few attempts but then i started to improve. I was inspired mostly by dungeon crawler games like grimrock. bards tale original. Pool of radiance. A hint of ultima and of course oblivion and skyrim and a fav eye of the beholder. All great games amd if i make a game as good as them im gomma be chuffed.
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2019 13:37 Edited at: 15th Aug 2019 13:51
hi guys was gonna show you a quick vid to show my dungeon entrance with my super animated dungeon critter a gelatinous cube and my malevolent eye, alas its download video not show on here so im afraid only a still shot. i wont pain you with downloading a video

the dungeon at present running over 60fps so there is no worry and soon i will upgrade from a 4gb hex bulldozer of 2012 to a new super i9 or a ryzen not sure but will have minimum of 8gb ram, so this will run even faster. if you do want to see a video either i will put one up on here for download although why? so unless you direct me to a vid uploader like photobucket however that has stopped now and show interest i will refrain

Attachments

synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Don't want a vid I want to play the bloody thing
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
HarryWever
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2019 22:45
Very nice science boy.. i love the feeling of that picture...the brick walls ..awesome...and the eye is very cool....
Harry
Harry
When nothing goes right, go left
PM
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2019 00:01
@ synchro.
When a good security for this engine comes out i will do a mini demo game for some lucky people you are on the list along with harry wolf cyber and anyone showing interest.

Harry thanks for your input your skills are impressive.

So yes i will do a one level demo soon with a small city and dungeon jus to give a tease and some feedback of course to help me get an idea where im going
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2019 17:08
as is already known on normal ground my critter has fully active shadows in my dungeon he has no shadows at all which is a bit disappointing. pushes it away from reality and less 3d, has anyone got around this yet? or we waiting for the lighting update
OldFlak
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2019 08:20 Edited at: 29th Aug 2019 08:25
Looking awesome Science Boy - great work.

Think the lights\shadow thing got shelved till TGC can code it, soooo..... probably will be a while if ever.....

Reliquia....
aka OldFlak
i7-4790 @ 3.2GHz. 8GB Ram. NVidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB. M1: Acer 31.5" @1920x1080 M2: Samsung 31.5" @ 1920 x 1080. M3: Acer 24" @ 1920 x 1080. OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Insider.
PM
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2019 20:53
@reliquia

Thanks for the spurr
Thats disappointing about the light work as in shadows.

Think my next thing to do is my arms
Im gonna do about
7 plus arms to match 7 diffefent robes clothes armour hopefully you can add efx to them to show glow and stuff and hopefully have a flowing wizard elf knight paladin peasant etc to run around and pick up the weapon attached to the character and armour type gonna take some thinking though. If jus a basic person it would be easy alas im never one to settle for less.

As my Game is to be kind of linear with ability to travel back think that a bit of freedom is needed so like original dungeon master you get to pick your character and approach from a few different ways. so get my character in to being is my next development
My first one is wizard but as i say its one set of robed character. Till have my field of wizards as in necromancy elementalists etc
Lafette II
Years of Service
User Offline
Ooh, oh ...
Where was my eyes only the whole time? The pictures look so fantastic. According to the pictures, this is definitely one of the best projects with gg I've seen here. I do not want to belittle other projects, there are some good things here that are maturing over time, but this is exactly the wave I'm sliding on ... Medieval. There is only one thing missing, a video to make the map look more plastic. You do not even need to create a game. Suffice some moving impressions to get into it.

Andreas...
PM
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2019 18:03 Edited at: 4th Sep 2019 09:52
Here is a basic dungeon in construction. I have only started it as you see first passage had a lot of completed work. No working traps or secret doors or monsters as tbat would give the game away. There are a few lights dotted random jus to give other feels. Main room ceiling is something i just put on for the moment and at the end at the bottom of the stairs is open world yay. Thats as far as i have gone as now to decorate add items secret walls monster's etc. Do not worry about fps etc i have a good technique to keep them fps savvy and as i say they may look extreme heavy but there are lots of optimisations i have done. So they are pretty basic and i am on an old bulldozer chip hex core i have 4gb ram a very slow pc only decent is the gtx 970. So im not struggling at all tbh anyway lafette here is a none effect dungeon in raw state

Thanks pcs for the vid tip

granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2019 17:44
Fantastic progress science boy,I love the look

Dave
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
GeForce RTX™ 2070 GAMING OC 8G
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
3840 x 2160 ,60 Hz
PM
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2019 22:49
Cheers granada. I will upload the dungeon vid in a more polished look sounds and atmospheric with traps and puzzles and a nastie monster
And already changed the ceiling on big room and decked out and there are 2 secret rooms one has weapons the other a healing power source.. So i will drop another vid to make a more. Complete look so the game gets the vibe

c4ever08
Years of Service
User Offline
i'm looking forward to this i really like your dungeons looks like you've really put in some time on this project
PM
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2019 11:22
cheers C4ever08 yes i started learning in 2008 i started twin worlds on x10 and it was very limited, however since gameguru also fpsc reloaded i started from scratch and started to make models and ideas and started to build from there, twin worlds was a roleplaying game i created back in the 80s and now i have brought the depth of that onto a game engine. so this i guess has been in the make since 1987

still going strong. near 33 years in the make

glad you like my work, i have been building on my dungeon more but at the moment jus finishing mental health course and jus finishing my bathroom off and working and also looking at scripts for someone also
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2019 13:02 Edited at: 9th Nov 2019 13:03
just a few more pics of some new areas and one of my timing run traps

Attachments

cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Cogwheel Chronicles
Posted: 10th Nov 2019 19:43
Looks sumptuous (is that a word?). Really gorgeous looking level scenes.

Cheers.

GPU: GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER PassMark: 14817
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2019 11:37
Hey there tbh i had them levels created ages ago jus decidedbas i didnanbrief walk through tontake a few snap ahots. At the moment trying to find time to do a few scripts whichbtakes me ages tonget around the problem thing is i have a huge assignment to do and juggling is the thimg so inthlight a few scenic shots will keep thimgs sweet also since the update im getting 50 plus fps all over my dungeon with all manner of workings and havimg huge rooms and mazes with a great fps is refreshing.
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2019 17:28
Just loving the whole thing , looks fantastic

Dave

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
GeForce RTX™ 2070 GAMING OC 8G
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
3840 x 2160 ,60 Hz
PM
OldFlak
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2019 00:58
Yeah, nice - liking the colours

Great stuff....

OldFlak....
aka Reliquia
i7-4790 @ 3.2GHz. 8GB Ram. NVidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB. M1: Acer 31.5" @1920x1080 M2: Samsung 31.5" @ 1920 x 1080. M3: Acer 24" @ 1920 x 1080. OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Insider.
PM
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2019 14:27
Cheers guys for the spurr
Manflu is upon me and i need something to do so going to attempt something on my pc and attempt the scripts
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2019 22:38 Edited at: 14th Nov 2019 22:53

ok some final shots for 2019 i will however inform you my first level dungeon is very complex but with freedom yet only one way to complete each area, find secret items battle monsters memorise the areas some skills with jumping running dodging and sheer luck is needed, to get to the dungeons you must first find the entrance and the mystery door that does not simply open some dark magic holds its doors strong from intruders, the entire city will have many adventures not just find key get key use key, but this will have some good retro scenes and some great artwork so the first 2 levels of twinworlds is coming along nicely

i am not showing anymore as i dont want to give too much away and with all the little extras a fav of mine is the dungeon floor some just fall and the stone slabs drop onto the spikes below. etc

anywy i have really advanced this last week im still not getting my scripting so im sorry lafette i am working on them its just very slow

Attachments

Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2019 21:44
Amazing stuff!! Really awe inspiring how you made it look so deep in GG.
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2019 22:43
cheers wolf your games are far better quality scenic and asthetically pleasing, keep up your games and you could do really well
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2019 15:36
Oh! not at all, I don't think I'd do any of these any better than you did. Its really solid stuff
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2019 21:14
Well thank you wolf.
I will give a little insight to each pic
Pic one is from a high part of the city in level 1 there are many levels to the city towers walls streets that meander and twist and turn there is an outside and will be a few little outside exercises but there will be inns taverns shops and many enterable houses there is the higher parts which become castle type and where the quest begins. Etc many little stories and little aims that will help not just in this level but later levels so attention must be paid. Then there is the sewers and lower dungeons and labyrinth of under the city which you will gain access to when it becomez apparent

The next is Mount doom rip off no level yet but it will have smoke bellowing out and i will make the sky bix less light bit mordor like.

The next 2 are of city shots of the port of tyranee and

the next is a chamber with a pool of radiant magic.....

Then one of my critters revealed i. The sewer dungeons nasty and the attack looks a bit sexy beast but its their sting ita deadly so they may look like they want to get it on they really jus wamt to eat you

Thor may have a hammer you can have this potent flail

The next is the doorway that eludes and only becomes apparent when you know the magical way
Their are many large chambers and prisons and detention areas.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 12:51:44
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 12:51:44