Work In Progress / [SOLVED] twin worlds the preperation work

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2015 23:00
agreed not sure what happened i was rushing though, it is from the fantasy pack textures, so i just added more so that it is a full system. i will improve the pictures in the next few days. so i hope my mojo returns
an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2015 17:20
i could not be to bothered about we photo job for previous post but here is another twist to the houses towns and cities, i put a little amount of houses down in one place. i think with my own terrain and houses re skins etc it is starting to look like real towns or nearer[img][/img]

[img][/img]

it is looking better in video and play so may have to make a few grand videos of citadels and villages and towns etc, i have lots of options now and i can start to think about mapping up
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2015 17:29
Coming together!

Let me know if you need any assets from me I feel like doing some modeling during our current heatwave

-Wolf
"When I contradict myself, I am telling the truth"
"absurdity has become necessity"
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2015 18:06
i would like a mile stone doing?

how about big wooden pillory ( stocks) for a centre as a prison punishment. be good to have.

any medieval type torture aparatus for town squares there are quite a few it seems

or any prop in a blacksmiths or some shop signs, like rat catchers, coopers, candle makers, undertakers, herbalist, etc. there are soo many things that could be added, so feel free to choose, but only if you want to, any extras would be awfully wonderful and decent of you. what about your witch world? how is that and is there anything i can add for you?
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2015 23:27
a little glimpse into my port of tyranee a huge fortress port of epic proportions, it is also the stronghold for the royals of the kindom.

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2015 01:10
Alright...this looks ridicoulusly cool! In part it reminds me of the age of oblivion, gothic 2 and the likes...where medieval fantasy games where magical for me

But for once I have a major point of criticism...that photo-looking sign there... with the early 2000's text effects on it. Thats insulting all the great scenery with how horrible it looks.

Quote: "i would like a mile stone doing?"

Sounds interesting, what does this mean?

Quote: "or any prop in a blacksmiths or some shop signs, like rat catchers, coopers, candle makers, undertakers, herbalist, etc. there are soo many things that could be added, so feel free to choose, but only if you want to, any extras would be awfully wonderful and decent of you."

I think I have just the stuff for you! Will PM you once I gathered it

Quote: "what about your witch world? how is that and is there anything i can add for you?"

Shelved the project for a less busy time...with a gameguru that has a conkit Nice to see you remember though!!

-Wolf

"When I contradict myself, I am telling the truth"
"absurdity has become necessity"
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2015 22:03
Quote: "But for once I have a major point of criticism...that photo-looking sign there... with the early 2000's text effects on it. Thats insulting all the great scenery with how horrible it looks. "

i have asked a few of my mates and work associates and they all agree with you, and after much thought agree, i did do that sign about 3 years ago and i have vastly improved and so i shall attempt to do the sign tonight and do an exact copy and replace this one
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2015 01:51
[img][/img]

@ wolf a little demo is this this any better?
unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2015 08:53
@Scienceboy,

Truly awesome work as always buddy. You have set the bar for medieval assets on the forums.

I agree with Wolf regarding the sign and unfortunately, I have to say, while the new one is definitely on the right tracks, I would still say that it needs a small change. I would dumb the sign down to just words. and use the normal map to give the illusion of the lettering being carved into the wood, or use the spec map to give the illusion that it has been painted on. Currently, it looks a little too perfect. I'm not saying that there weren't great typographers in these times, but, for a pub sign, they would have most likely done it themselves, so, it would look a little shabby. There might be paint dripping from one or two of the letters, some of the letters might not be as straight as others, etc.

As I said before, awesome work with the models and textures; this is the first time I have really seen anything that would need some comments regarding improvement!

Keep it up buddy.

Cheers

Jay.

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2015 11:31
this is also good criticism. but what if it was done by magic a a sign shop shop?

ok ok, you 2 i will go for attempt number 3, but i for some reason like the piccy sign, maybe i could have it elsewhere. although this is one of the pubs as scenery you cant go in it. i just thought the odd scenic building minus lots of vertex and polys will help chug this along.

i will get back to you guys soon
HarryWever
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2015 16:00
Truly awsome work here.
I like the feeling its giving me when i see the photo's..
Real good

Harry
Harry
PM
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2015 17:31 Edited at: 8th Jun 2015 17:32
cheers harry there will be plenty of rats and dogs and things in the port,

as to many who are sign critics here are a few and yes goblin will need a calm down but in the end it is fantasy and it is the royal port and the biggest fortified port in twinworlds with royalty who dwell there, it is expected that a shop that does artwork for signs and stuff exists, and it does, i intend to insert one to help give a background to artistic signs alas i have also taken in what is said and so for signs out of major cities will be basic signs as mentioned, so in the city why not have some good colourful signs within reason of course

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

the signs are animated and sway
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2015 00:36
hey just before i head to bed i thought i would update you on my port map as it is coming along nicely.

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]
MXS
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2015 03:46
the development on this game is looking good.
more than what meets the eye.Welcome to SciFi Summer

Windows 7 home premium 64bit gtx770 sc acx 2gb gpu boost 2.0

unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2015 13:22
The signs look good mate.

You don't have to take every piece of constructive criticism on board. It's your game and if you feel that something fits the aesthetic, go with it.

I like the fact that they are animated. That is a nice little touch.

Cheers

Jay

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2015 19:31
MXS cheers fella.

@ unfamillia do not worry, i take criticism to better things, without you or wolfs input i may of had some shocking signs and maybe gone overboard so a big thanks to you guys.
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2015 08:59
IDIOT alert!

yes by accident while testing a newer scaff kit i was not fully paying attention as the missus was yapping to her mate and both picking on me as women do, i was doing a little test of my scaff kit on the map, and without realising saved it as port tyranee.

yes i over wrote my entire map of the port which had been a 2 weeks project, so all of the above is GONE!!!!!................after hours of sobbing i have started again but as with all of this erase by accident it will never be as good.
NO i did not back it up, i never got around to it. so a lesson learnt and back to the drawing board
HarryWever
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2015 10:46
Quote: " so all of the above is GONE!!!!!................"

Oh man that is real bad.

Unfortunately i know exactly how you feel. Did a while ago the same thing with some assets i was working on and overwright them.

Harry
Harry
PM
Colosso
Years of Service
User Offline
" i have started again but as with all of this erase by accident it will never be as good. "

We have all faced the lost data monsters before. Don't worry I'm sure it will be even better the second time around. I know I have had to remake several levels from scratch, but I had new knowledge going into it the second time around. Your game is looking awesome, and I'm sure the new level will look just as well.
Hold still so I can shoot you!
Emrys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2015 12:11
I feel your pain SB I lost my pen stick with all my models on it that I made. I have older incomplete ones saved but all the finished ones have gone ! That's why I'm not posting much at the moment, soul is well and truly destroyed.

No one to blame but myself !

PC - Windows 7 64bit, Intel i5, 12Gb Ram, 1TB WD Black, Evga Gefore 760gtx 2GB

Laptop - Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Core i7-3632QM processor, 8GB of RAM, 1Tb Hdd, Nvidia Geforce GT 740m
PM
nuncio
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2015 12:30
your game looks really awesome. i like the shadows / lights. the eye reminds me of the secret child of cocademon and monster inc. mike i really love that evil mushroom face
http://www.nuncio-rap.de
intel core i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz; 8GB RAM // NVIDIA GeForce GTX560Ti
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2015 19:17
to all.

sorry to hear of your losses as well,
luckily for me i have everything just not designed on a map, i have stared again a bit bigger and more designed as you guys say that you can plan better and no what to avoid etc. so after a few days i have my garden and things, a bit different but hoping not too bad.

e30 did you lose them skyrim and castles and everything? man if so that is a downer. and yes let us back up more.

nuncio thank you very much, and after your view on the eye i now only see mike kopowski lol. your work is very impressive too.

to all

i will show some new shots when i feel i have achieved the same amount as i had

Sheogorath
Years of Service
User Offline
sounds like i missed the party

I cant wait to jump on some roofs!

good luck Austin powers
PM
nuncio
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2015 14:23 Edited at: 24th Jun 2015 14:27
Quote: "I feel your pain SB I lost my pen stick with all my models on it that I made. I have older incomplete ones saved but all the finished ones have gone ! That's why I'm not posting much at the moment, soul is well and truly destroyed.
[quote=]yes by accident while testing a newer scaff kit i was not fully paying attention as the missus was yapping to her mate and both picking on me as women do, i was doing a little test of my scaff kit on the map, and without realising saved it as port tyranee.
yes i over wrote my entire map of the port which had been a 2 weeks project, so all of the above is GONE!!!!!................after hours of sobbing i have started again but as with all of this erase by accident it will never be as good.
NO i did not back it up, i never got around to it. so a lesson learnt and back to the drawing board"

No one to blame but myself ![/quote]

i am very sorry for both of you! this is my worst nightmare. i have never made a model but if this would happen to my music i would stop living. i hope you can save something after all.
i also made this mistake. open a very important map, make a stupid change just to test if it works, remember don't save this!!!! and click on save NOOOOOOO. i know this feeling. also with music: open cubase, make a drastic change to the project. doesn't sound good. save. gone forever. feels like a sword into the heart.
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2015 10:44
Quote: "i am very sorry for both of you! this is my worst nightmare. i have never made a model but if this would happen to my music i would stop living. i hope you can save something after all.
i also made this mistake. open a very important map, make a stupid change just to test if it works, remember don't save this!!!! and click on save NOOOOOOO. i know this feeling. also with music: open cubase, make a drastic change to the project. doesn't sound good. save. gone forever. feels like a sword into the heart."

hi nuncio sorry for delay in reply, i kept away from my thread as too painful to see my older work. what music do you create? but it is painful to erase from an auto response we do. oh well let us move on and restart our motors to continue to create.
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2015 16:42
well been a very slow progress from the port world, as no matter how hard i try to recreate the port it aint the same, which pains me more so.....

i decided due to the scale issues in the fpe and all my dungeons are screwed, rather than re edit and size each piece, made a new dungeon

yes i know not again, but from 2 bricks i have made a very nice dungeon set that minus a few issues with pre-bake, as in it misses a few and makes them invisible. anyway it sort of got me back in the mood for creation. so i have been adding lots, plus a few re textures and some needed props.

[img][/img]

it is typical of what i have i just did better textures and better all round bricks and design with the right size and better thought out texture. so not sure what to do with all my old dungeons. maybe a pack i although would have a hard task to re size all.
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2015 19:16 Edited at: 14th Jul 2015 19:35
cheers i am being a numpty and even though i did it i was being a bit slow.
Peregrinus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2015 19:33 Edited at: 14th Jul 2015 19:34
Here is a working video link for ya. I like the tileset!
sularus oth mithas
PM
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2015 15:25 Edited at: 20th Jul 2015 16:02
very soon i will showcase a dungeon beastie, which i had help with thanks harry w.

this is the new revamp of the previous above, yes i started again you will never know how long it took me to perfect a brick to be vert optimised. anyway i did it and i think it is close to the above dungeon, but i have not got half the parts made yet. a corner a t junction etc but it is getting there and what a slimey cube the gelatonous cube is, the slithering blobby cube. it is a shame it cant digest certain weapons, ie snatch one off your body hand or whatever. well there is a script i would buy. if able to get beasties to take your stuff. be good for thieves as npcs too.

I LOVE MY BRICK

i have also done a reskin which looks less bland and more pyramid feel. i am a long way off finishing this lot as i have many variations for it. i have just done a little test and put each of my different dungeons in a map and went through tham in little areas, there is no doubt this new dungeons plops on the older basic grey dungeons and goblin dungeons etc. the brick is even more 3d and less jagged and more fluent. so i am pleased, plus i am getting more fancy with my architecture now. plus with the added ochre jelly and cubes my fantasy underground is making great progress. i will show you my new design of my mimic in a minute too
HarryWever
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2015 20:58
youre welcome.

And really cool to see it in game. it looks really cool. the second one is transparant if i saw that correctly, really nice.
The dungeon stones looks awsome.

Harry
Harry
PM
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2015 21:33 Edited at: 20th Jul 2015 22:10

yes i thought a few different oozers of potency and hardness, the green is the hardest now and the clear one is aiming at harder to see and come from different pools of slime and jelly, there will be a background to them as with all the monsters and races little descriptions and pictures, like a beastiary. but then i dont want to give the game away. so i am still thinking on that. i have a new area of dungeon looks more befitting for dun and drags or conan.

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2015 20:05 Edited at: 3rd Aug 2015 20:09
this is a quick video to show you the temple of the eye pilgrims, a dungeon of illusion and trickery that will kill you if you are not alert. this is very early work, i still have bigger doors and a t junction to do, more rooms and traps and much more architecture. but this video gives you a feel i hope

tomjscott
User Banned
Posted: 3rd Aug 2015 20:25
Awesome work. Just about the only thing you need to really make this come to life is some sound design and music. Add in some story elements and you've got the beginnings of a very marketable game.
System Specs: OS - Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1, CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 945, 3.0Ghz, RAM - 8Gb DDR3, GFX Card - 2048MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 640
HarryWever
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2015 21:31
yep really awesome work. and i totaly agree with Tomjscott some dungeon sounds, would be awesome.

Harry
Harry
PM
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2015 22:47 Edited at: 3rd Aug 2015 23:36
cheers guys, i have been doing lots of dungeon music lots of sfx, just not attached any yet, when i have completed the set of models traps etc, will come the hard and long winded task of appointing sounds and music. i like windy tunnels with distant shrieks and noises. but then a more mystical temple like the temple of the eye i have to attempt atmosphere of wierd and magical and slightly twisted, yet fantasy. type music, so for a few hours i have been playing a bit. infact i may do a month of music and sfx. rest my 3d and dds fingers and throw out some sounds i need a low voice bloke to say the spells. like fireball, each time it launches one. etc. i have illuminate sfx but not quite there with the light spell. as in a torch light.

anyway i have my creative bug back. and even though i re did a port, i may re do it again and design with inspiration not with despair.

although i am a bit dubious, as 4th on the list is infinate terrain, this entails a whole new terrain system load in and out, will this affect the maps of now? i dont want to create the port again and then have to ditch it.

i am curious as to when do they think they will have all the listed features finished by? i reckon 2018,
Colosso
Years of Service
User Offline
Don't worry about the changes. I have remade so many levels I'm not even sure what the originals looked like without going back to my YouTube stuff. Your work still looks great and you will do just fine. Your videos are inspirational to everyone following this work in progress.
Hold still so I can shoot you!
Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2015 16:01
Looking good, science boy - if you want I can modify the plant animation so that the tentacles don't pass through the floor.
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2015 20:45
Quote: "Looking good, science boy - if you want I can modify the plant animation so that the tentacles don't pass through the floor."

that would be brilliant.
Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2015 14:57
@science boy - sent you a pm.
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2015 18:23
well a month or so later i have just about finished my mimic here are the stills. not animated sadly yet

[img][/img]

[img][/img]
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2015 23:15
updated mimic image. no video as i like the idea of wait for the game to see its tricks and attacks and things. infact unless a reason from now i will only show stills and only a few creatures and monsters will make it onto this thread, reason is not to show all your cards till the moment needed.

anyway i re edited legs and arms so it now looks less daft and more sinister

[img][/img]

an open area of the dungeon why not have open air bits or man made working with the forces of nature

[img][/img]

here is a pit with lava and the scaff is a bit old and dangerous maybe jumping is the only way across this is a shot taken from a doorway looking down

[img][/img]
Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2015 20:54
Love that mimic!
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2015 02:00 Edited at: 10th Sep 2015 02:20
well i hope this will wet your appetite,
my new floating head

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

this is a work in progress, but it is near as complete as can be considering i started this morning from my template, which has been worked on for a while but in bits, yes i know another floating head, but this will be more detailed, more menacing and better all round from the previous version,

reason being i look around at models being created, and i believe my older floating head was not near good enough so i have been working in the background tinkering, the model is half finished mainly texturing left and glue the horns on as you can see not attached just in place, but the tentacles etc are done, i cant call this head a beholder due to copyright i will call it something else with different stats etc. i checked and as long as not identical and not call it a beholder or gazer i can call it something else and all ok.

anyway i hope to have it finished in the next few days let me know what you think

cheers sb
nuncio
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2015 08:50
great! the hungry crate is awesome it has arms to drag you in. that could really be right from my nightmares.
Quote: "what music do you create? but it is painful to erase from an auto response we do. oh well let us move on and restart our motors to continue to create. "

german hip hop (i'm about to make my 8th album, i'm working on it for some time now). and yes, sometimes we need to take a step back and make a little break. i have also restarted my "island hopper" completely.

looking great, keep on!
HarryWever
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2015 08:50
Thats looking really good, science boy awesome work.

Harry

Harry
PM
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2015 12:48
thanks for the input nuncio and harry, i think i textured myself out last night, i have no wish to texture today, lol, this is what happens, i go 10 to the dozen go to sleep wake up all creation enthusiasm gone. will see how i feel this afternoon. but i just look at the pain that is texturing and i just want to do something else.

we shaqll see.
tomjscott
User Banned
Posted: 10th Sep 2015 17:33
Great work as always. I sent you an e-mail the other day, but not sure it ever got to you.
System Specs: OS - Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1, CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 945, 3.0Ghz, RAM - 8Gb DDR3, GFX Card - 2048MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 640
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2015 22:02
hi tom i will read it properly when i get chance to, i briefly read it but will digest more at some point soon.

[img][/img]

getting there slowly but this is all i am doing for a week
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2015 16:26 Edited at: 14th Sep 2015 16:46
ok almost done, some in game shots of a none animated floating head

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

this is fast becoming my pride and joy and will be a big baddie and derives from the priests of the eye pilgrims. ( a sect of mages who worship the all seeing eye and can control divinate and paralyze along with illusions mainly play with the realm of reality
HarryWever
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2015 18:38
that is looking really awesome

Harry
Harry
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 16:29:42
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 16:29:42