Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2014 14:01
Looks good!!

Construction sets are a nice idea!

-Wolf

"When I contradict myself, I am telling the truth"

"absurdity has become necessity"

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer
Emrys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2014 10:01
All good SB, it's coming together nicely.

What about some sharpened posts to go on the ground etc.

Rough blockout :

PC - Windows 7 64bit, Intel i5, 12Gb Ram, 1TB WD Black, Evga Gefore 760gtx 3GB

Laptop - Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Core i7-3632QM processor, 8GB of RAM, 1Tb Hdd, Nvidia Geforce GT 740m
PM
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2014 11:48
good point, i shall make some more wood stuff today,

an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!
tomjscott
User Banned
Posted: 18th Aug 2014 18:45
Will any of these packs be sold in the store? Or are they all for your own private use?

System Specs: OS - Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1, CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 945, 3.0Ghz, RAM - 8Gb DDR3, GFX Card - 2048MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 640, FPSC-R Version - Beta 1.0071
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2014 22:46
cheers wolf, they are easier and time efficient once you have laid the ground work. and before you know it you can classic style speed construct.

tscott sent an email so we good.

e30, i have created wooden spikes since lots more posts and the beginnings of traps, and a few spears and types all in the wood kit, a bit of clever texturing and i have some nice to come weapons and stuff.

made a few more pillars today and finished off a huge dungeon set with many sections. so that will be good to finish and start making.

i am hoping to start understanding monster incorporating soon to get some geezers in my worlds ( finally )

anyway dont feel my dungeons are just yet complete

but here is an early bird shot nothing major yet

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

as i said early days and not fully had time to create a spectacular dungeon. but i will be there at some point

Emrys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2014 15:22 Edited at: 19th Aug 2014 15:23
Amazing ! we just need a particle system and some decent lighting to make this come alive.

PC - Windows 7 64bit, Intel i5, 12Gb Ram, 1TB WD Black, Evga Gefore 760gtx 3GB

Laptop - Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Core i7-3632QM processor, 8GB of RAM, 1Tb Hdd, Nvidia Geforce GT 740m
PM
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2014 16:45
a couple of in game shots

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

ladas51
Years of Service
User Offline
Well imressive work so far... Although I think you can improve your models. There is a free tool you can use. It is called Ivy generator and it pretty much it does what it says. Your walls and pillars will look 100% better. Here is the link http://graphics.uni-konstanz.de/~luft/ivy_generator/. And it is very easy.
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2014 15:20
thanks for the comments and will hopefully get some very good lights and particles working in this engine soon. just to give it a more real effect

drewtaylorr
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Maybe once the character creator is released you could implement it onto your game giving the player a choice to create his character at the beginning ? (: It just gives people a good vibe that their character wont be like anyone elses Just a thought

Kill or Be Killed
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2014 19:36 Edited at: 24th Sep 2014 23:01
ok long time no posts, mainly due to work obligations, but with having time off i have decided to up my own standards and i aim to try and improve my entire collection

so i have a few shots for you

i as many may think i have tooo many dungeons, i agree but each time i attempt i believe i get closer to my own perfection. i think spending time on textures and planning how to apply and to what way to design meshes has been key.

note: perfection meaning to the best i can get to, wont be perfect.

anyway portcullis work and with animating extras for eye candy and a new designed dungeon

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

i have taken a few shots with a few other colours to see how different lights can set a feeling.

if you think this is worse than the others then do tell, remember i have not added anything to them except the gate

in the dungeon i am getting approx 80+

so not too taxing. remember ambient occlusion and proper lights to be added plus this is just a corridor for testing but i will be showing a lot more in the next few days

Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2014 23:24
This looks good...and I don't usually say that to indoor meshes when there aren't proper lights in place.

Will this be a dungeon crawler at heart or more surface dwelling?

-Wolf

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2014 23:32
i want to incorporate both, some quests, mysteries, puzzles, skills, full out fighting, a nice pot of all to keep it interesting that is the plan, but for the moment doing the goods still, thankyou for the compliment means a lot from you

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2014 20:30 Edited at: 26th Sep 2014 00:45
so update today

i have now completed sections with no roof on or without ground, so you can see the sky or have trapdoors or wells. i have puzzles in mind or shear jump or die scenarios or even ladders to descend, i have now created a curved section which can also be used to slowly raise upwards or down, also some floor decor and rooms, also some traps which i will be asking tom or someone to give me some scripts. i can walk about this dungeon with actual joy, it is very stand out, and no fx yet so i wonder how it will look.

tomorrow will be my last onslaught of modelling as work calls again next week. but i hope to get stairs and many other basics of this dungeon sorted.

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

here are some early props i made over a series of weeks in bits, anyway they compliment the dungeon room i think. amazing really i have spent years trying to perfect the dungeon brick in the end i spent time creating my own from my own photos and overlayed and merged.

here is a wall picture marble type thing i made and added my own art to it

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

Emrys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2014 10:14
Mate, this keeps getting better and better, this is epic considering all the constraints we have as well currently.

PC - Windows 7 64bit, Intel i5, 12Gb Ram, 1TB WD Black, Evga Gefore 760gtx 2GB

PM
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2014 17:02
cheers fella, i think it is time you released some more work, been a while. so i await for inspiration to better myself.

Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2014 16:02
I'd buy these architectural dungeon props!

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2014 14:49
OK just got a bit of inspiration and tomorrow it is back to work, but i have a pic of the beholder in the reloaded world none animated, although the gelatinous cube is animated and slowly slithers it is just as an animated object thus far, there are 2 cubes a pure jelly and one with a floating skeleton and sword inside it, all animated and a pain to make all work well and to position back to the start but i managed it. anyway just to get a feel of entities in the game

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

i have made some arches stairs and generally tidying up my reloaded files due to mass experiments everywhere,

tomjscott
User Banned
Posted: 10th Oct 2014 16:57
Looks great!

System Specs: OS - Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1, CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 945, 3.0Ghz, RAM - 8Gb DDR3, GFX Card - 2048MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 640, FPSC-R Version - Beta 1.0085
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2014 22:38
[img][/img]

awaiting lua scripts so i can place trap doors or sequence open shutting trapdoors, till then i have holes

[img][/img]

he seems to pop out more on this shot even though he is frozen in carbonite

[img][/img]

this is my second wobbly monster an ochre jelly animates and slithers but no ai etc. so just animates again.

this is it for today i will incorporate my mimic on monday so that will be fun

Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2014 08:15
The walls look fantastic, especially the first of the three shots.
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2014 20:34
Cheers wolf but I think your work outweighs mine 10 fold but thanks. Tom if you need the stuff I can send via email and thanks

Gtox thanks. I appreciate it

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2014 19:12
Ok I have spent so much time on models and animation that to add atmospheric music and hum I can't do it on loop. I can get a once play but that is it. Talk about new kid on the block. If on fpi 10 I could breeze it. Alas lua just looks near to a new unknown language which it is. To me. I got the other logic I almost cursed in fact I do curse the nerds for the push. I have to be baby sat with this. How do you loop a sound

tomjscott
User Banned
Posted: 24th Oct 2014 19:14
You call LoopSound instead of PlaySound.

System Specs: OS - Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1, CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 945, 3.0Ghz, RAM - 8Gb DDR3, GFX Card - 2048MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 640, FPSC-R Version - Beta 1.0085
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2014 22:36
Thanks tomscott although it keeps crashing when I try and change the fpi lua main script with the play to loop a lua error it says. I am a babbie learning to speak. Ps I don't really curse. I am more a grumbler and moanie if something niggles. anyway I been playing grimrock 2 and their minic was much better than mine so is their slime monster so between playing working shopping and course work have started a chest and mimic kit. So I can have a brand of chest made by a company not invented yet. Anyway they make fine chests and cabinets and so will be all over twin world. I will wait to show you. But it won't take long to show you. A few days I think. Anyway. I spent hours having a go at my sounds. Something i am subtly good at. So all aspects of the game are good minus the coding of scripts. So I am looking to pay a script writer at a point soon.

tomjscott
User Banned
Posted: 24th Oct 2014 23:15
What error are you getting? Also, you could also try using Omega Core sound playback instead. It gives better results and is easier to place sounds just about anywhere you want and play them in script easily. And you can loop them, of course.

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2014 22:46 Edited at: 5th Nov 2014 22:51
been a while since my last pics and posting

i have been adding some colour to some rooms, i have created today a lovely throne room or the like, could be many rooms.

[img][/img]

there are still some things missing

rugs and hanging banners and torches and things like that b ut you get the gist of it. i have made another prefab room with less wooden wall. i will be doing more wooden wall parts to add more variety, plus i can make as and when so to keep things going. going to do a chem lab next, medieval fantasy style. a dungeon well some ruined and cave ins and doors and gates and traps so lots coming up. plus i will do another shop or 2

as you can also see i created some arch doorways. i have arched roofs too and made a few doors, better stairs, etc. a busy boy. i will be adding lots this week as i am on holiday and have a bit of time.

[img][/img]

here from another angle i have changed the floor too, also been adding wood to stuff too just to lessen the blandness of brick, made some trapdoors and have a load of traps needing to be incorporated and done. anyway there will be a few more this week

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2014 23:30
[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

dimoxinil
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi science boy
I really like what you're doing with your game and what is probably more important is that It seems to be very funny. Explore a dungeons is always fun.
you are doing a great job.
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2014 12:01 Edited at: 6th Nov 2014 12:01
Hey science boy!! I've got some criticism! ...and boy! Doesn't everyone like criticism on the internet

No, but seriously, good work! I like the detail in the walls and arches, one does not see that all too often, especially not in indie games. But, you use the same cabinet-furniture thingie a few times in the same screenshot. This item has carvings on them...and how likely is it, that in fantasy-medieval times, someone serial produced that thing? Meaning that it looks odd if you have a detailed item like this multiple times in the same room as no one would have duplicated these carvings. I don't think I explained this in the best english but hope you understand! by the way, did you get these cages?

-Wolf

79% Sale on my latest Scifi Modelpack. Get it here!
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2014 16:15
i hear you wolf, but it was a quick what else can i fill the room with, and that was in a props medieval pack off tgc either castle or medieval interior, anyway i made the throne and i intend not to have too ornate furniture except if it is the kings palace, but thanks for the heads up on mass production

and my surprise is or was today was to show you your cages in action which i am onto now so in a bit you can see the splendour of the cages,

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2014 17:25

just a quick one of my plans wolf

your cages will have counterweights attached so i will animate to have them go up and down with the counter weight and i already have them operating with door script. this will be good if i can add entities to the cage so you can lever lower the cage to gain either info or items that is my plans and you will be on the credits,

note: the dungeon was put together quick and lit quick not a finished look ( like the furniture lol )

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2014 18:33
well today i created a new version of the wheel, it is multi purpose and animated, it is for my goblin dungeons and a wheel for water in villages, goblin wheel will have a more raw and metal ridden look but here is the basics

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2014 20:12
new updated dungeon goblin structures not finished but these are work in progress

[img][/img]

a static crane i can make many types of this and maybe moving or move through mechanisms

also updated the wheel, still more steel bits to add but getting there and on 1024 x1024 sheets and all use the same texture so will save a lot of memory, like my dungeons

[img][/img]

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2014 22:40
[img][/img]

goblin dungeon more vile colours

some goblin stuff lots more to come, they will have their own furniture and dungeon stuff like this

[img][/img]

a ram

and

[img][/img]

yes the wheel and some barricades, there will be ramps runways ladders and many a goblin type item barrows pots and allsorts. keep an eye out for more this is all a work in progress, the dungeon though reskinned will be getting a new look and architecture to give uniqeuness to it.

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2014 12:55
last pics for a few days, i got bored of dungeons and decided to crack on with my houses and towns, i think i have cracked it and to save hours of painful adding i have 2 saves which is a house con kit and a town conkit. which is one creates houses the other towns. i have prefab prebuilt streets which is easier than hundreds of individual houses placed, i am sure more kind to the engine having 1 entity of 10 houses rather than 10 houses individual, but fear not, i have seperates too. to keep it different. any a few snaps

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

Emrys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2014 14:34
Stop it mate, it's to awesome

I keep saying it but this is seriously good. You have a great imagination.

PC - Windows 7 64bit, Intel i5, 12Gb Ram, 1TB WD Black, Evga Gefore 760gtx 2GB

PM
SpaceWurm
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 10th Nov 2014 19:29
Must say, these screenshots are look exceptional. I'm jealous.

Artrift.com - Digital Art Community | MyPixelbox.net - My Creative Blog
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2014 21:30 Edited at: 10th Nov 2014 21:47
dont be jealous landman you can do it too. i am pondering still on the store, plus loads of fantasy in the stores. and e30 you can talk your underground kit looks fantastic. all will be good.

anyway just a few more shots, unexpectedly the misses has let me model away. yay... anyway

[img][/img]

above a blacksmiths but need a blacksmith a forge and stuff

an elevated view to get a feel of the village town

a more serene shot as if to come home from the frog and goblin and just catch the twilight of evening and the sun setting

[img][/img]

a street on which i did get lost in for a few minutes

[img][/img]

could not be bothered fine tuning the shaders etc,

a torture stretch rack for the goblin set. left it so can be altered, i may animate but i have no idea why.i did a huge fan or metal blade windmill to either ceiling or floor or to add to a device or put people on it and like in duran duran wild boys video they dip in the water. i am onto the goblins torture room, oh and made animated doors.the town is massive and with full shaders and all maxed, i still get approx 60fps. most houses are enterable and some have 3 floors so jobs a good one, and i got lost in the streets.

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2014 23:50
well that was a long shift working out transparency and models. it seems i must firstly make sure all fits correctly in my 3d crafter then i can do my transparency, twas a good and definate worth learn curve, i am always learning daily. little suprises here and there. anyway windows are in my buildings now, and i have 2 types small square and diamonds lead, the ones above were actually from a barbed wire fence as make shift, now i have lead and tint to the glass

will show some better another day but it gives ou an idea.

[img][/img]

Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2014 21:11
This looks nearly like a professional work in progress game! Its definately my favorite W.i.P. on here!

The only thing hint I could give you would be that some of these wooden structures might look better if the planks/logs where a little thinner.

This is, however, some really good work! Please stick with the reloaded family

-Wolf

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2014 21:48
well every town needs a mayors house or a guild or some lavish building in which stands out from others, so i have started a house with 3 floors and very roomy,

[img][/img]

i only put windows on ground and first floor so banners or other form of decor or even more construction if i need to modify, anyway i put a couple of banners to it ( they are seperate to the house)

[img][/img]

and inside on highest floor, i put banners in for now, but i will be replacing with other wall decor. anyway

i am back to work on monday so production will be slowed right down but i will be adding more at some point.

anyway my now project for a few will be wolfs book so that will stray me for a while

keep happy

Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2014 18:25 Edited at: 16th Nov 2014 18:26
Quote: "i am back to work on monday so production will be slowed right down but i will be adding more at some point. "

Take it easy! You already produced a whole lot of content here.

In relation to the amount of browsing going on here, I find there to be way too little feedback! Not sure why that is, but this is some really good work. You have an actually stronger medieval vibe going on in these screenshots than many fantasy games!

-Wolf

Quote: "anyway my now project for a few will be wolfs book so that will stray me for a while "

Silly wolves can't animate! Thanks for taking over

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2014 20:51
Cheers wolf. I suspect people who are viewing are either just viewing or have commented already. But I am glad of your input and even your criticism. It's nice to get pointers. I am always up for improvement and willing to scrap my old stuff for improved stuff I am thinking of throwing out my old stuff to free on store. But as you say not a lot of input so I may just erase or something or give to tgc as competition stuff or something. This involves dungeon sets from page 1 and the wheel and stuff. Still pondering

Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2014 22:00
Free is good...but why don't you sell them on the store and get a couple extra bucks for your work. I mean, you can still give away some for free. You could have some really strong and colorful cocktail to our health and hit on random strangers

I still think all of your stuff is good and should be used in the game

-Wolf

unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2014 23:41
ScienceBoy,

I would not erase or give your old stuff away! You have incredible talent for the fantasy theme. Something that is quite rare on these forums. (present company excepted Wolf). There are a lot of people asking for or requesting this theme and I know your models would do well in the store.

I haven't commented in a while and I feel guilty now, as the level of work you are putting out is awe inspiring. Fantasy isn't usually my cup of tea. I am more of a 'worn, rusty, scratched up, Sci Fi' kinda guy. However, I do still appreciate the work and effort you are putting in to this project.

I wish you all the best of luck for the future with this.

Cheers

Jay.

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2014 16:03
unfamillia no need to feel guilty or anything sometimes you run out of things to say or can only repeat so much etc. i am glad you said hi, as i like little chats, ( when i get chance of course) i will take yours and wolfs advice onboard with my what appears never ending ponder on older stuff. glad you come over and have a look so that is good enough,

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2014 20:17
just re textured a building

[img][/img]

what does anyone think? any good?

Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2014 11:33
I think your work is excellent . As Wolf says - like a professional. Can't wait to see it with characters and gameplay
Corno_1
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
today I had some time. I go through your post and watch all pictures. I don´t like dungeons, so they do not impress me that much, but what you did outdoor, there is definatly some potential.

Your last guilde house looks strange for me and even after the retexturing I find it has a strange charisma.

Hope you finish this project

My dream is to develope games, which makes fun when I create it and fun when other people play it.
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 08:29:54
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 08:29:54