Work In Progress / [SOLVED] twin worlds the preperation work

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2015 20:36
Love the medieval buildings, and very accurate too. Just in case anyone is wondering why the buildings get bigger with every floor it's because during those times land was VERY expensive so they built buildings like that because making the other floors bigger than the ground floor gave you more room without spending money on more land.

Am going to work on a few medieval buildings myself during these next few months so have been doing a little research.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer
PM
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2015 22:03
Quote: "Am going to work on a few medieval buildings myself during these next few months so have been doing a little research. "

i look forward to it. i never knew that about land but it makes sense, coming from york they are everywhere so it is easy to grab textures and buildings, since the last post i have made a house too

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

2 basic buildings made not bad for 2 days work and now the basics are done i can knock one up quicker now
an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2015 22:13 Edited at: 7th May 2015 22:59
i will be finalising these buildings, meaning i wont be making anymore sets, just the 3 types city town and village. from them all can be done

my building tick list is

2 high house
bungalow
arch
overhang house
shop
big house
tavern
library
church
baths
guardhouse
etc.
when done no more for me.
running out of things to make tbh. time to nearly start the game planning
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2015 14:27
I'm not a big fan of how the roofs cross each other, but this already has a strong medieval vibe going!

You're still on a very good track with this. I keep coming back to this thread with a lot of interest

-Wolf
"When I contradict myself, I am telling the truth"

"absurdity has become necessity"

79% Sale on my latest Scifi Modelpack. Get it here!
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2015 15:06
Agree this was a quick check out and have upgraded the house I will of course be doing prefabs nowand will eliminate the cross roof bits. And I have to re texture the rim. But this was a sneak peek and later in about 6 - 8 hours will post the more detailed house and a row of uncrossed roofs. I have learnt each time on making houses where to better the technique and rid the cities of them gaps or cross over roof bits. So hang in there till tonight
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2015 14:45

first floor of one of the buildings looking into the town, of course this is a rush made photo, not actual game just a 3d in game test, quick layout to test shaders etc. i am going to be doing a few corrections as it seems a slightest of angles on my walls make the entire section look crap and none smooth etc, if tgc sorted this out instead of that multi player i may of been able to of finished this ages ago, alas they have not, Rant over.

anyway a few of the triple buildings been given a make over. so variety is there, next will be adding shutters and other things, although going into model maker then back to guru to see if the shadow and light works correctly on the walls, this each time a single vector is corrected will take a long long time. then after that i can then do my double floor houses and single level house, after that all the others

[img][/img]
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2015 14:48
[img][/img]

exhibit a if anyone was wondering what i am on about
Dunvel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2015 15:23 Edited at: 14th Mar 2015 15:24
This project looks AMAZING! Awesome models you built there with a great eye for detail and atmosphere! I wish I had your talent but I am stuck with 'out of the box' models.

Good luck with your project. This looks really, really promising.
PM
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2015 11:34
@ dunvel thank you very much, do not give up on your fenriven project i can give you some basic unique dungeon and buildings etc i will give a template and you can texture how you want to, i am happy to give you a boost, and all i ask is do not give them out to others, and you will have to find textures of your own to make them work. this way i keep my textures, you create a unique set for yourself and also makes you create which is what it partly is about, dont be put off, keep going and i am sure others will support you on your quest of fenriven

all you have to do is drop a pm and we can get going on how to build you up to create your world
Dunvel
Years of Service
User Offline
That is very kind of you, science boy, and thanks a lot for the offer. But it's not "just" the available models that are the problem with Fenriven. I mean the assets that come with GameGuru are enough to start a nice game. I also started to re-texture the Asylum assets and was able to create a sort of dungeon that didn't even look too bad. My issue is that I planned Fenriven too big and maybe also a littel too early. I have to get into LUA more and I had to realize that my map-making skills are lacking at the moment. So I plan to keep on working with GameGuru and build on a smaller scale and work myself up to a standard and quality that I feel comfortable with.

It is important to me to mention that my decision did not come because I would not be happy with what GameGuru offers. On the contrary. GameGuru gives me the chance to create own games and a lot easier than any other engine I know. It is more that I had some quality goals that I am personally currently not able to achieve. But I keep at it and will see what comes out of it.

Your project, together with others that have been presented on this forum, are truly great and I will keep following them with great interest. And also to learn a few tricks in the process.
PM
unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2015 08:50
This project is looking more and more awesome every time I see it! The attention to detail on the buildings is fantastic. I am really looking forward to seeing a level made with your assets (that I can run around in).

I feel your pain with importing things. Having to go into GG, test something, realise you need to make a tiny correction, back out, into Blender, make the correction, export, export to backup, clear out DBO and BIN files, restart GG, test............Oh, I need to change something else! haha.

I am so glad you continued working on this. Keep going buddy, you are on the right path.

Cheers

Jay.

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2015 10:18
thanks unfamillia, been off for a while due to work commitments, and will be off again till wed or thursday been a long haul that is only halfway through, but i will be updating on my city scapes next week maybe a cheeky update today, but shall see.
Errant AI
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2015 10:30
I really like what you have going on here. The top-heavy buildings give it a great feel and I like how you're interior spaces have a pleasing proportion to them.
Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3, Intel Core i7 2600K, 16GB Corsair DDR3, EVGA GTX 970 SC, Win7 Pro 64-bit SP1, Primary monitor @ 1920x1080, secondary monitor @ 1024x1280
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2015 21:45
thank you errant for your comments means a lot from a whizz like yourself, have a beer
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2015 20:18
[img][/img]

[img][/img]

ok a few ingame quick snaps just to keep wip alive, i have made 8 versions of the triple floor house, some with sides and odd fronts, extra roof parts, then a balcony you can go out and view on or jump off as i have done i like it but i think the woodwork is a bit out of sync with the building so i will give it a few make overs and see what comes about, i have 4 bungalows or single floor buildings and to be honest, was a complete mare sorting out the shaders and my buildings but nearly there, and as you can see adds even more depth to the towns before any barrels carts people shop signs etc. so a little glimpse with efx on and i am only 20 percent done on my town so far
Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2015 04:35
Beautiful work.
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2015 11:02 Edited at: 4th Apr 2015 11:17
[img][/img]

is this a half converted mummy from a zombie?

[img][/img]

it is a half converted mummy from a zombie, quick leg it!

yes i am re skinning to get more out of the characters, i did this with x10, now guru, i will not show you anymore of him as this is an experiment gone right, and i shall give him or her unique sounds unique stuff, and change the values so you have no idea their strength etc, i may do a mummy re skin pack but lets not jump guns, i have finally started adding life to the old world, but rest assured this mummy is a test so the finished minx will be a full surprise when playing in my world, be scared be very scared, as you will note it is not completed as in the skinning, i did this quite quickly so i will now after testing it will fine tune and make him more complete, then alternatve skins and then i have my own pack

gtox thank you fella, i am flattered, as your insects are awesome and will if ok with you get a little more unique with imagery but with vanilla as well as they are fantastic models and well skinned. i am very chuffed you should be proud of yourself
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2015 11:26
do note i will be putting the dudes in caves and stuff probably not in towns,,, or will i?

anyway i am fine tuning the houses this week coming, noe the bungalow is now more designed, has shutters and little canvas canopies etc. i am still to finish off that humungous inn but that is an all day job, plus i need to make more buildings and make more shop like ones all so far have rooms floors windows and ready to furnish plus variations as said. so a few double floor buildings then the shops arches and unique buidlings to come. so my aim is to have a full town by august latest. with animated doors, windows, shutters lights etc some have fire places but no fires lol, particle job. anyway that and some character skins and tbh lots to do, also a new water wheel and a few towers etc. e30 has pushed the boundaries even more, and gtox is making guru come to life so i am finding it all fast and keeping afloat is hard work
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2015 18:14
That is one scary dude! my only complaint would be the bare arms.

I can't wait to see this town in a more proper lightmapping system!

As a mod, I'd like to ask you not to reply to yourself in such little time and use the edit button instead. Double posts are very well allowed to bump a thread over time though
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2015 19:31
sorry and congrats on the promotion. now i have to behave. yes this was a basic test gone right, and i got a bit excited and felt i had to post at the time, the arms and legs have been sorted and the other bits too.although the slow zombies are oddly behaving, they come and hang out with you rather than attack they stop and hang with you. but i am sure they know this already at tgc. but i may send you a pic via pm due to i need some mystery to the game. and looking forward to creating some top npcs and bad boys of a wizard type feel.

anyway in the next month i should of got my degree out the way on the last leg of it now. when that is finished i will be free to do what the hell i like yay
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2015 12:41
Quote: "the slow zombies are oddly behaving, they come and hang out with you rather than attack they stop and hang with you. "

Well...thats kind of nice though, isn't it?

Quote: "but i may send you a pic via pm due to i need some mystery to the game."

I understand! And yes...please do

-Wolf
Ertlov
GameGuru BOTB Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2015 13:08
1. Really impressive work, indeed.
2. Did you test the Zombie AI with the latest version, too? changed again some things.
3. Wolf is a Mod? We are doomed. DOOOOOMED I SAY!
AMD FX 8Core @ 4GHZ - 16 GB DDR4 - 2xRadeon7950 - Windows 7 Ultimate
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2015 17:24
@ wolf the officer

it is kinda good, you feel kinda special, but there is a slow zombie 3 script which works a treat, still a long way to go with ai but it is getting there. will send a pic when i get a good shot, i have made a couple of shops and things but i find myself none motivated at the moment, lots of work to finish and stuff. so i will surf the net watch things unfold keep up to date re skin maybe and little things, then when i get the model bug i will finish many shops and sort out the little niggles with the town. i find it easy to make terrain sets now, so roads and things are ok, shame only 4 texture sets but that is life.

@ ertlov thank you very much your game video looks fantastic by the way
and thank you for the heads up on the zombie script.
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2015 22:51
been a while since i have updated. mainly course work and work duties and a life ( well attempting one anyway)

i have been dabbling at trying to get some media monsters into gg. now for a couple of weeks i have had a few half hearted attempts, then today it dawned on me the solution to the problem i was getting. and with gusto i solved the issues, so now i have a mushroom monster and a winged eye roaming my worlds.

another issue i have had is with models baking and fpe scales. they worked well now i have doll houses dungeons and in fact an entire model market of dwarven toys rather than caves dungeons houses shops inns windmills bridges signs posts etc etc i really can not be arsed to re size them at all so all the stuff you have seen will be miniatures unless i dont bake them keep it real time but then no shadows of moving entityies.

i really wish they have a quick fix instead of a huge overhaul of my back catalogue. until then i will just mess about tinkering i will not promote or defend or anything till i know i do not have to resize 18gb of models. enough said.

besides that here is a pic of the winged eye in attack flying mode

[img][/img]
Ertlov
GameGuru BOTB Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2015 13:39
Wow!

The eye looks amazing! Do you have already a video showing its animations? I am very curious on how you tackle non-biped creatures!
darimc
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2015 20:40
This game looks absolutely phenomenal! I can't wait to purchase\download it upon completion. I love the detail being given to every bit of art used.
Signatures are overrated.
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2015 09:11 Edited at: 11th May 2015 09:12
@ ertlov no problem will put one up this afternoon

all i did was use an already used ai fpe.

in this case a fantasy ai script and then used the fpe for the character that uses the fantasy ai script and simply changed the values in the animations and put what seemed logical anims for that bit. aka walking i would change to flying anims on the model. hardest bit was i had them facing the wrong way but could not for the life of me get them to be the other way around, when using the importer or straight to the model in the old way. xyz did not work in the importer or the fpe. so i inverted via model programme. then all was good.

@darimc thank you sir, i will have you on the discount section. as this is in alpha , but a pre sale is lovely to know. it has taken ages to get my stuff up to scratch, just worried in case the scale and prebake system do not change. 18gb of models to rescale is to say the least a daunting task. we shall see. will show a vid later today of none bipeds. etc.
unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2015 10:39
@science boy,

Great looking work again buddy! You keep going from strength to strength with this project.

I really like the winged eye! It looks awesome. I am looking forward to seeing the video of that in action.

When you were modelling the eye, did you use your own character rig or did you use the stock biped and edit that?

I haven't actually tried to get a character into GG yet, so, not well versed in experimenting with it.

Great work mate. Keep it up.

Cheers

Jay.

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2015 13:46
@ unfamillia, alas i may of not said clear, but the eye is a media bought item, but i have hundreds of similar bought, but i have some new own built ones coming soon. my main point was hurray i got a monster into gg, not very clever etc but at least it is better than nothing at all. for me this is a mile stone. getting something animated working is new. i am pants at ai and lua. so my work around feels good. and this inspires me to
a) actually make monsters
b) animate them
c) be original and have uniqueness to the game
i have none biped creations, i animate in 3d crafter and fragmotion. a mimic and my slime etc, a huge tentacle will appear soon. all the models i have is more fpe animated rather than using the biped anims
anyway video 1
will be on in half hour uploading to you tube now

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2015 15:45 Edited at: 11th May 2015 16:22

here is animated eye 1
https://youtu.be/p5xPPOHZfo8
tomjscott
User Banned
Posted: 11th May 2015 15:56
Looks great!
System Specs: OS - Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1, CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 945, 3.0Ghz, RAM - 8Gb DDR3, GFX Card - 2048MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 640, FPSC-R Version - Beta 1.0085
HarryWever
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2015 17:20
that look really awsome
Harry
PM
vrg
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2015 18:52
Looks really great
0Alemar0
Years of Service
User Offline
wow that really great. all the work is awesome.
www.alemargames.com
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
amazing...great work

I want to see many character into the sotre next days after CC will be released....
PC Specs:

Q9550@3,8GHZ - 8GB RAM - SVGA R9 280 3GB GDDR5 - HDD WD 1500TB
PM
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2015 13:21 Edited at: 16th May 2015 13:27
thank you all for your comments.

jc i will be overly making characters. i have no need to worry, and i will upload heaps but i am not sure how it works with character creator, can you sell your creations with character creator? i am itching to see the innards of it as the meshes will be overly manipulated if it is possible. orcs goblins any monster with 2 legs will be done, i am happy to make aliens and the like. but i am not sure how and if it is possible to sell them. so i shall wait. i am itching to try and make a swamp thing. ghosts will be easy. part alpha and you are there. i have a set of cult wizard types. sort of cults or guilds some underground some official. so i have my background of my world from since i was 16 years old. i am now 44. so as you can see i have lots of background evil villains and races species countries etc. as much as middle earth probably. alas i never got around to making my role-play-game to print. and laid dormant for a few years until tgc have given me the tools to bring back what was forgotten.
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
GREAT...iCANT WAIT TO SE MORE...
PC Specs:

Q9550@3,8GHZ - 8GB RAM - SVGA R9 280 3GB GDDR5 - HDD WD 1500TB
PM
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2015 11:43
well here is the marsh mutated fungi that feeds on flesh and soul

they pop up from the ground at high speed and eat you

[img][/img]

[img][/img]
HarryWever
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2015 12:17
very nice..... i like the look of it...

Harry
PM
snowdog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2015 13:48 Edited at: 17th May 2015 13:49
Hang on. If they pop up from the ground and eat you then they don't sound like fungis to me at all!

*Grabs coat and runs*

"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
PM
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2015 21:30
here are my reskinned mages... druids, necromancers elementalist and illusionists, they have their own special names but i will leave it for the games immersion.

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

so here is my batch of wizzies some more added things are needed but the main imagery is done, the symbols i did when i was 17 years old
tomjscott
User Banned
Posted: 21st May 2015 21:33
Nice looking. I was planning to do the same thing with re-skinning the Wizard to make different varieties. Yours turned out great.
System Specs: OS - Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1, CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 945, 3.0Ghz, RAM - 8Gb DDR3, GFX Card - 2048MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 640, FPSC-R Version - Beta 1.0085
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2015 10:34
cheers, to be honest i have been waiting for a robed hooded figure since i bought x10 in 2008, nothing decent came out, and then......

so i am happy with this. i am also thinking about doing a gaunlet type game in 3rd person. with jump and all, maybe have the camera out a bit, but just messing and seeing it all in 3rd added a cuteness and a more detailed scenery, infact the graphics seem to of improved without anything happening, so maybe my eyesight just came back. cheers for the comment tomscott
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2015 16:33
Great variations!

Honestly, I always find this model too look similar to the playercharacter I mixed for Shavra; LINK

Might be because I used one of Bond1s Models as a base mesh.

-Wolf
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2015 21:32
there you go, it is very bond1 i like his models
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2015 11:59
Me too!! Too bad he has not (yet) done all that many fantasy scenery.
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2015 10:36 Edited at: 25th May 2015 10:37
agreed,

dear mr bond1,

i am writing to let you know that myself, science boy and and mr wolf would wish that you would consider making new up to date fantasy characters with bipeds anew.

we loved your ice wizard and cyc;lops and the others and this wizard and i would love you to love doing them. so if ever you read this, why not update your fantasy characters and also maybe do some fantasy castles etc. you have a great knack for producing awesome stuff.

from us here on the fantasy side of things.

p.s. would it pursuade you more if i told you i have man flu and it would help me to conquer those pesky bacterium.
Sheogorath
Years of Service
User Offline
Well Done Austin powers
you have created your own world
a lovely place Indeed

PM
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2015 14:21
cheers sheogorath ( top name )

it is lovely yet not constructed properly yet due to scales in fpe and prebake etc. but also some mean people and naughty beasts dwell within the lands of twinsy worldsy.

anyway i been adapting some textures from fantasy and made a little temple dungeon basic so far but you will get the gist and it is to go and compliment the already made stuff, so it is a little different and a bonus.

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]
Ertlov
GameGuru BOTB Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2015 20:08
Too much light on the surfaces, otherwise great

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 18:04:48
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 18:04:48