Work In Progress / [SOLVED] twin worlds the preperation work

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2015 22:23
Cheers harry. I decided to actually concentrate properly and do it right. Before I been rushing etc. So totally made an effort. Your work is better than mine by miles. Them bears are fantastic one of my favourite. Going to be in my mountain ranges.
Good to see e30 back on the scene
My phone does not work well with pms I can't use the post button.

So emry will reply tomorrow night and the same to tom
an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer
Emrys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2015 18:21 Edited at: 21st Sep 2015 13:27
Wow, you have been busy, your work just gets better and better

You characters look epic. We need more keep going mate !
PC - Windows 7 64bit, Intel i5, 12Gb Ram, 1TB WD Black, Evga Gefore 760gtx 2GB
Laptop - Windows 10 64 Bit, Core i7-3632QM processor, 8GB of RAM, 1Tb Hdd, Nvidia Geforce GT 740m
PM
snowdog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2015 19:04
Looking great! You may want to take a look at ZBrush. It's amazing for creating organic 3D models. If you had created your Beholder using ZSheres it would probably half the time taken to create it, and that isn't an exaggeration!

Check it out, it's amazing (but expensive!).
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
PM
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2015 23:35 Edited at: 4th Oct 2015 23:46
e30 i will do my best, and yes i have seen zbrush shame about the price although i am tempted either zbrush or 3dsmax with mudbox or what ever it is called, prices and length of contracts and extras are the issue and not sure which is best deal.

just a few images
first i been working on lanterns and things i got it about right, sadly a flickering candle light affect is not working well, it does but affects all the other lights in the scene so standard lighting only

[img][/img]

restarted the port of tyranee, 3rd time lucky, i decided to do a dusk, where the lantern lighters are out and the light is getting less adds a bit of atmosphere, although day will work too. anyway
[img][/img]

and finally, a liche lord he is on the typ[ical mage body but he actually looks decent

[img][/img]
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2015 23:48
Nice work, keep up!

Quote: "sadly a flickering candle light affect is not working well, it does but affects all the other lights in the scene"

I had readed something about, here in the forum, so might be a bug.

3com
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics

PM
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2015 21:19
ah i see, i will back burner it for now then thanks 3com
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2015 01:26 Edited at: 7th Oct 2015 01:29
here is a little glimpse of one of my lake towns in the water regions, rife on fishing and small close communities, there will always be gossip and tasks and stories of dread and myth, these are perfect places for jobs and a sit down and relax and enjoy an ale and a good meal.

[img][/img]

note: this is not even properly had full attention yet. basic so far,
Emrys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2015 19:37
Looks superb SB, love the level design !

Out of interest are you building this all on one map or on several?
Laptop - Windows 10 64 Bit, Core i7-3632QM processor, 8GB of RAM, 1Tb Hdd, Nvidia Geforce GT 740m
PM
tomjscott
User Banned
Posted: 7th Oct 2015 20:09
Very nice!
System Specs: OS - Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1, CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 945, 3.0Ghz, RAM - 8Gb DDR3, GFX Card - 2048MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 640
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2015 13:41
i am thinking of 3 full maps with about 3 towns on each, quest between 2 and then will send to the third town of which will jump you to the next map and town. so each map will have plenty to do but will advance you to the next. this all depends on what the plansd are with map size, as infinate is high on the list
Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2015 07:00
It's a wonderful world you're creating there. science boy - I hope GameGuru can match your vision.
Bisella
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2015 16:40
I want to contribute and help with some of my models
this is my very first complete model made ​​with Blender
Now I'm working on a pillory
if you need a specific model let me know
The software I use? ... Autocad, sketchup, Spazio3D, pconplanner, Kerkythea, wings3d, paint.net, torque3d, AxixGameFactory, PD particles.......maybe blender

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2015 10:41
thanks heaps to you gtox and to you bisella.

humbled by the guys and gals on these forums thanks a bunch speechless for once
Bisella
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2015 12:55
What are you saying ? .... nobody humiliates you .... your game is fantastic

( P.S. google translator )
The software I use? ... Autocad, sketchup, Spazio3D, pconplanner, Kerkythea, wings3d, paint.net, torque3d, AxixGameFactory, PD particles.......maybe blender
PM
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2015 15:36
means i am always reminded how great you guys are and feel i must always remain grounded and also try to better myself and attempt to help more. sadly in transition with my job at the moment so time is sparce. when i say humbled, meaning you guys are awesome and keep me grounded. it is meant as nice as can be.
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2015 02:31 Edited at: 30th Oct 2015 02:40
ok well despite my lack of motivation i have thrown myself into doing something creative and considering occlusion will be in i thought as i looked at some nice aaa games and the detail them guys put into there levels just a brick can change how a game looks so i been working on another set of bricks, this time i aim to use for dungeons, and towns and castles and keeps. depending on the area decides what brick. anyway, i am using the other dungeons but i thought what the hell a quick test and so here is a sneeky peek at a new set of bricks etc. at moment running at 179fps. this is unoptimised so better framerates expected. and by mid next month hope to go through the roof

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

it actually looks a lot better in game, and as this is a tester not a finished article. you can expect improvements, along with different designs.
i am thinking of many things i can do, but i will not get ahead of myself, and see if i get the design bug back tomorrow, if so i can finish off a lot of started projects.

emrys thanks for the push i needed it
Bisella
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2015 08:28
Beautiful!!

PM
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2015 13:33
thanks bisella much appreciated

a bit more lit up and with a dividing ceiling, i now have basic parts to build many things, i will start i think on city walls and keeps this afternoon

[img][/img]

[img][/img]
nuncio
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2015 14:37
wow. this is how it must be done. i have to learn a lot from you, how to do a good lighting- job. this is still a problem for me. great stuff, i really like this one.
http://www.nuncio-rap.de
intel core i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz; 8GB RAM // NVIDIA GeForce GTX560Ti
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2015 19:28
thanks nuncio any help needed let me know. i do think a lot depends on your textures, but every brick in that scene is a brick sculpted and mish shapen blocks then applied a hd texture over. as so far only used 10% of the map so i can add so much more yet all the brick work is done so i will be adding metal wood etc. lighting is using all the colours available. use a light then add ambience and surface and fog all together if done subtle can give some great effects.
HarryWever
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2015 19:32
That is some really awesome work science boy...

Real nice
Harry
PM
Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2015 19:46
Great work, science boy.
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2015 20:57
thanks harry and gtox you guys rock
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2015 12:49
ok added a cave in section. maybe able to do it as an entity that appears after a cam shake and some rock falls and dust decal, and then this appears during. or something, maybe a trigger around the corner that sets off sound and appear entity. anyway it is an alternative to a brick wall end

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

it is one entity optimised.

happy halloween mwahahahahahaaaaa
Emrys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2015 08:47
Love it

I think we're always looking for ways to improvement our models and you my friend have just set the bar even higher, great work.

What software did you use to sculpt the bricks?

Keep going mate.
PM
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2015 11:24
the brick is the same as the last dungeon set, but i did a bit more uneven detail. i did this brick and all you see in most i9s with 3d crafter a cheap model prog with simple but effective ways to model as long as you know how, also use frag blend and truespace. been at it for 7 years now, i think i may try out either 3ds max or zbrush, as both seem to have great attributes, one for sculpt the other anims. but undecided yet.

as to why the brick is so much better is
1. a bit more brick sculpt
2. better textures
3. 4096 texture map, ( only used a small area of it but when i lay down the bricks on it they came out like this

so my belief is as i thought textures, none stretched, high detail and it shows. i have used 4 small squares on the map for brick and a small for the mud in rock slide. and so plenty for metal wood, and maybe special brick work with patterns. so i wont be using too many uv textures if it all fits on one. plus x11 has more memory space? not sure but all it takes is 4 1024 mapped items and that is the entire dungeon equivalent and lots of space for extras, so not a bad move, as dungeons look better and more defined and all the trimmings too, so i think going 4096 is a good move for the smart model

but it is up to the individual
Emrys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2015 12:56
I've started using 4096 textures as well for some models they look so much better, I haven't noticed a performance hit on my system but maybe an issue on older systems, I know Teamhalo uses 4096 textures and his models are spot on.

I've wanted to try Zbrush for awhile now but I can't justify the cost.
PM
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2015 23:14
This right here is where you left casual hobby gamedev and reached a level where someone should pay you handsomely

That looks pretty fine! Its still my favorite project on here and so far you never disappointed. I haven't been around for a long time and am pleased to see all the progress

As for the 4096 discussion: We reached a point where you can use them in confined spaces almost carelessly. I would however refrain from using them in open / large maps. It depends on the developer though...I know that people like Bugsy optimise their games to a point that they reach 60fps on a 1980s toaster...

Quote: "been at it for 7 years now"

Time flies! Its odd when you find files on your backups from back when you got started. Game development as a hobby got going for me 11 years ago. Its almost creepy.

Will this have combat? And if so, what are your plans for that?

-Wolf
"When I contradict myself, I am telling the truth"
"absurdity has become necessity"
Emrys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2015 07:48
Yup I second what Mr Wolf said

Definitely my favourite project as well but you already know that Now get on with the updates !!
PC - Windows 7 64bit, Intel i5, 12Gb Ram, 1TB WD Black, Evga Geforce 760gtx 2GB
Laptop - Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Core i7-3632QM processor, 8GB of RAM, 1Tb Hdd, Nvidia Geforce GT 740m
PM
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2015 21:31
wow wolf and emrys, thanks for the compliments, you are at the same level as far as i am concerned. just working out how combat will be, i am seeing leaps and bounds going on turn based and first person. etc. ideally i would like a real action none turn based this adds to the moment and adrenaline rush but then i loved final fantasy 7 and i enjoyed the turn based way as in enough time to try and attack in different ways. but turn based is when you have a lot of npcs. i think it will generically form to what will be. i love traps and agility of tomb raider so i am trying to instill some 3d platform with times co ordination and pure luck. you know jumping running ducking etc. and along with puzzles like in grimrock and other types of logic. to keep the brain going. with advancing and improving like rpgs. getting rewards for questing. so a mix of interest otherwise it could get boring, but with a formula that works. i like pretty and things like oblivion and skyrim. but for all the work going into scenary it only impresses a few moments till we look for new things, therefore it is vital that with the look you have suspense and intrigue and new things to do. that is my game plan so far
Emrys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2015 12:25
Have you seen this SB? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbfJSbSE-b4

Laptop - Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Core i7-3632QM processor, 8GB of RAM, 1Tb Hdd, Nvidia Geforce GT 740m
PM
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2015 11:05
i have very good bit of work, i think the guy was the same one who was going to sell his scripts to us then went silent, my thoughts are someone approached him and said lets do something instead, i may be wrong. either way that looks really good and is working, sadly we aint gonna get it.

we can dream emrys we can dream my friend
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2015 22:45
[img][/img]

just a loading screen for a dungeon, just for a change
Emrys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2015 08:25 Edited at: 16th Nov 2015 16:04
Looking good SB, did you make the statues?

If you use F10 for the screenshot (saves to GameGuru Files in My Documents) it will get rid of the health & life box.
PM
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2015 19:18
good point indeed i shall have a go
unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2015 19:34
Tremendous work SB.

I love that you have been working on this since Reloaded. This game, the engine and yourself as a developer are growing together!

Keep up the good work mate. Looking forward to seeing some more eye candy!

Cheers

Jay.

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2015 21:55
cheers unfamillia, and that message as spurred me on to do more tomorrow so thank you for that extra push,

p.s. played steve the other day gotta say loved it. especially the arrow and catapult part very clever should of won the comp
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2015 23:19
I concur, great to follow this from the start and to see how it all evolves.
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2015 00:37 Edited at: 23rd Nov 2015 01:21
thanks wolf much appreciated. when you gonna delight us with your truly inspiring talents? and make a wip

well i decided i needed to do my own castles and things this evening so i cooked up a few things to start with. before the walls and things mainly come from a model pack bought so i thought it was time for me to add my own castles and stuff.

so without further ado, a quick prototype, i have a sort of tower set about there all enterable like in skyrim etc. and linking up well at the moment but so far lots more to do

anyway here you go a wall piece[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img] as i say lots to do and started only at 7pm so afew hours work. and lots more to add so this will keep me going for a while and also nearly finished my floating beast and then the ent and stuff

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2015 15:24
Quote: "thanks wolf much appreciated. when you gonna delight us with your truly inspiring talents? and make a wip"

Please!! You are the one inspiring me by now. I feel like my skills have stopped at the level they where a few years ago. I need to upgrade them to keep up with people like you, Emrys and Unfamillia. Oh! And ... now. I am working on a W.i.P now.

Quote: "well i decided i needed to do my own castles and things this evening so i cooked up a few things to start with."

You did very well! These are great and I really like how everything blends colorwise in your project. If I might be so bold to suggest a criticism...it looks a little metallic. Here I am not sure if that is your specular map or gurus shader. I run into this problem myself a lot. (except when I want things to look metallic, then they look like rock! )

The trebuchets add a nice touch! Is that place under siege?

-Wolf
Emrys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2015 09:33
Yes ! A castle, you know how much I love a castle.

Mr Wolf is spot on with what he said "how everything blends colourwise" everyone has a style and this is yours and it's great !

Love the trebuchets

PM
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow, I don't often visit the WIP section, but while waiting for a level to bake thought I'd have a look. Started on this one and my, is it a big thread! I said awesome stuff way back, and I can only say the same now, but even more awesome! Impressive work indeed, the graphics you have come up with are fantastic and show just how good GG can look with the right media. This to me looks like a commercial game. I'm not sure my system would cope with it but still, really well done with this so far! You certainly have put considerable time and effort into it and it shows!

SPECS: Q6600 CPU. Nvidia 660GTX. 8 Gig Memory. Win 7.
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2015 23:00 Edited at: 26th Nov 2015 23:35
thank you very much dvader glad i am going in the right direction, dont think i am commercial just yet but wow for the compliment it spurs me to improve even more. and i will double my efforts thanks to you wolf emrys etc.

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

here the castle walls have been more cleverly placed i added climbable stairs in towers onto the wall battlements, still some work to do but this allows free roaming in and on the castles. bit more tricky than just scenic. but i want you to be able to run the walls or go into the towers and climb them and working on floors for the rooms. along with my plan to do a keep as well. and this is the beginnings. i have made basics of all the walls and towers. so i can change the decor a little and rather than have the same castle walls change for different realms. anyway this is a dark fortress in the marshes a level i made actually years ago. and just dumped my castle in there.
also i re textured, as a test to explore the different brick works and if they work. this is a black slate type walling. a bit dark but the marsh level is dark and is an eerie and evil place, the mushroom people live out there. to be honest these pictuires do not do it justice. but i was attempting to show the towers and an evil desolate ruined castle, where the people left and the ghosts and evils of the twisted world moved in.
left to do is fine tune the towers
a keep
entrance way
interesting architect parts to the castle and props.
etc etc. anyway will keep you posted

since i last put up images in this post i have reskinned and looks different again just as i say a view of versatility

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

a random house and garden

[img][/img]
Emrys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2015 16:01
Looks great, you're as bad as me for changing textures but it's a good feeling when you've found the right one !
PM
HarryWever
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2015 21:47
looking real awesome scienceboy.
i love it..

Harry
Harry
PM
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2015 23:05
Coming along great!

-Wolf
Bisella
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2015 08:02
wonderful
I'll be the first to buy this game
PM
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2015 12:55
thanks guys and fear not for the regulars on this thread will be testers and get it free as you have kept me going and helped me to improve. so there are a few on the forums who will get bonuses for the help
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2015 20:20 Edited at: 30th Dec 2015 20:23
ok been a while on here, what with new job, xmas , star wars battle fronts and the movie, lots of work and xmas parties, shopping etc etc. cooking big meals, you name it, i did it all with a smooth ride but no time for my world really so i had most of a day and started my old school port of tyranee i think i may rename it as it appears cursed, although that could be incorporated into the game i guess. so we shall see. but i do think that small eureeka will stick, the cursed port!

anyway i have pretty much done a 60 percent city with most of the walls surrounded, etc, i started small with 1 street and gateway as usual but i have now got a good set of streets alley ways snickets arches and hills and bridges all over the place, the port is getting well sorted so i am happy i will give one shot for now and show the rest after saturday probably sunday.

[img][/img]

and as you can see i put rolfys curtain to good use. i have animated windy banners,
hope he does flags etc anyway it adds so much to the castle
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2015 00:37
That looks very oppressive man!! Huge! What you do here is pretty wizard!

Happy new year buddy! I hope to see more from ya!

-Wolf

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 06:12:12
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 06:12:12