Product Chat / New TGC kickstarted "MyWorld".

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2016 21:08 Edited at: 24th Dec 2016 21:23
Really...so basically, are we to understand that THE GAME CREATORS believe they can compete/differentiate themselves from all of these if not more!

http://gazettereview.com/2016/03/best-games-like-second-life/

I know 3d web browsers are not a new idea....

UM...my brain just froze at the scope of the task executed PROPERLY given shortcomings of GG.

Sorry

Perhaps you might begin listing similarities and differences?
PC SPECS: Windows 10 Home 64-bit, Intel Core i7-2700K (PASSMARK:10401.1), NVIDIA Geforce GTX 570 GPU (PASSMARK:5079.4) , 16GB RAM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2016 21:33 Edited at: 24th Dec 2016 21:41
Quote: "Really...so basically, are we to understand that THE GAME CREATORS believe they can compete/differentiate themselves from all of these if not more! "

I do not believe that's the plan or even consideration..
However I guess non of those others you show thought they would have such a hit on their hands either ..
Personally I think some of those aren't all that ... First time I saw Minecraft I thought it was a joke with its Clunky Chunky outdated GFX ... Was I wrong or what .. But its all down to if its your kind of thing ..
I will have a better answer for you in a few years I guess
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 24th Dec 2016 21:40
Minecraft is a joke, but people still like it, go figure.

i5, NV960 2GB, 16GB memory, 2x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.
i3 , Intel integrated graphics, 6GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAIII Win8.1.
Intel Celeron (duel Core), Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 180gB Generic SATAII, WinVista.
Q6600, Intel integrated graphics, 8GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAII, Win7.
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2016 22:19
You shouldn't need tonumber as e is already a number!

I always check first to make sure the g_Entity list has been set up before trying to use it.

Lee fixed a bug recently where the g_Entity list wasn't being set up before the init calls were made, putting this check in avoids this scenario affecting the code.

Been there, done that, got all the T-Shirts!
PM
m2design
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I would like to see an improved means for selection and revising terrain elevations. The current procedure is hit and miss at the best.
We need a terrain editing system that allows numeric entry for precise elevation adjustments.

I would like to see anything that would allow me to truly tunnel through the terrain rather than the inadequate and sloppy method of cutting a trench, placing an entity to walk through and leaving the work done with no cover.

I would like to see additional texture selections added to the current four. The current system of trying to mix textures to blend is worse than the edges created with out the attempted transition between textures. They need to transition fade not mix.
Windows 10,64 bit|AMD FX-6200 Six-core-3.80 Ghz |CPU PASSMARK 6,142 |Memory 10GB |NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 660 SC |GPU PASSMARK 4,114

Whisper Studio
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2016 05:08 Edited at: 27th Dec 2016 05:10
Quote: "We need a terrain editing system that allows numeric entry for precise elevation adjustments.
"

To be honest a numeric entry for precise controls of ALL aspects in the editor would e helpful. For scaling, rotating, positioning entities as well.

Quote: "I would like to see additional texture selections added to the current four. The current system of trying to mix textures to blend is worse than the edges created with out the attempted transition between textures. They need to transition fade not mix."

I agree with this. As the current game im working on requires drastically different texture types that I dont particularly wish to have blends that bring in other textures on their edges. Hopefully if we get new terrain texture options all the extra terrains are just floating blends and not ones that take on other textures for their edges.
Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3 | TGC Assets - Store Link

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GT 740
xCept
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
I backed MyWorld, but it will need an awful lot of momentum to meet the goal based on current trends. The first three days were strong but for the past five it has only received on average €62 a day, and remains at only 14% to the goal. Kicktraq has it trending toward 78% by the deadline and that figure has decreased drastically each day since the original strong backing.

The donation pattern seems consistent with what Reloaded experienced, whereby the first three days were strong likely due to TGC followers and forum users etc. but then contributions went cold except for a few small spikes along the way (it only reached 31% of the goal).
PC SPECS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, AMD Phenom X6 1100T 3.60 GHz CPU (Passmark: 5934), NVIDIA Geforce GTX-680 2GB GPU (Passmark: 5712), G.SKILL 16GB DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) RAM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2016 10:21
probably gone cold due to Christmas period.
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; 12GB.
FPSC to GameGuru Tools: SegAutoWelder, Entity+Weapon Welder
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Very likely. It seems an odd time of year to be launching a new kickstarter.

SPECS: Q6600 CPU. Nvidia 660GTX. 8 Gig Memory. Win 7.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "probably gone cold due to Christmas period."

Quote: "Very likely. It seems an odd time of year to be launching a new kickstarter."

Have to agree on both counts .... They may have to work hard for this one ..
PM
JackalHead
Years of Service
User Offline
That, or people just don't think its a good idea to back The Game Creators any more.
"So let it be written; so let it be done." Account got messed up with introduction to steam. I am Jackal
Joined 2nd Dec 2009.
PM
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2017 14:07
Quote: "That, or people just don't think its a good idea to back The Game Creators any more."

Could be a little of that mixed in there to.but this is the time of year when people sit back and count there pennies.

Dave
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2017 14:34 Edited at: 2nd Jan 2017 14:36
Its a good 14 day loss over the Xmas / New year period I'm sure ... Perhaps the plan was to get momentum before the holidays ?
Even so .... I think it would more depend on when they reach the halfway mark to get a real idea ....
But I would get things moving ASAP to make up for lost time and stay on top of it ...
PM
xCept
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
I think a lot of people just might not be too interested in what they perceive as just another sandbox game. It was a fairly unique genre five years ago, but now it seems everyone has tried making one. I know when Lee originally posted a link to the Kickstarter on Reddit the only comment received was something sarcastic like "Wow yet another multiplayer sandbox game, take my money!"

In my opinion, TGC dropped the ball when preparing for this campaign. Most successful crowdfunded efforts begin months in advance with the developers actively posting about their work on the various social networking sites to generate interest and solicit feedback. Reddit has a sub specifically for indie developers to share their WIPs and I've seen a lot of good games cultivated from that, with the devs actively engaging in conversation and sharing weekly progress updates. By contrast, TGC never so much as mentioned it on any site themselves even to TGC forum users before launching the campaign. Even the beta testers weren't given much of any feedback or updates and then suddenly the Kickstarter appeared.
PC SPECS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, AMD Phenom X6 1100T 3.60 GHz CPU (Passmark: 5934), NVIDIA Geforce GTX-680 2GB GPU (Passmark: 5712), G.SKILL 16GB DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) RAM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2017 11:18 Edited at: 3rd Jan 2017 11:25
Quote: "Very likely. It seems an odd time of year to be launching a new kickstarter."

Speaking for myself.. I'm always broke around this time of years; because of holiday spending and about 2 weeks of no pay.
Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3 | TGC Assets - Store Link

granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2017 14:31
Got to be honest here ime not that interested in it,I just want to see GG grow (remember Lee saying imagine a camera attached to a rocket flying around a level in the GG promo video) a long time ago now.

Dave
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2017 16:56
That is unfortunately very far down on the feature vote list... guess the community doesn't want to see that anytime soon. "Camera Control Override".

Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2017 00:21
Quote: "Speaking for myself.. I'm always broke around this time of years; because of holiday spending and about 2 weeks of no pay."

I hear ya. I'm in the same boat every year even though I didn't miss out on any pay. I went even more overboard this year and I haven't seen checking or savings account balances this low in at least twenty years. Scary way to start off a year! Luckily I keep a little cash around the house and I've been using that sparingly to get by since Christmas! 2017 will be a year of frugality for me for sure! (I'll be a cheapskate all year) I never want to be in this position ever again, lol.
Desktop: i7 4770@3.4Ghz, 12GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX 1080, 1TB SSD, 1TB HDD; Laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz, 16GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX870M , 1TB SSD.
PM
xCept
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2017 02:41 Edited at: 4th Jan 2017 02:41
^ I'm with both of you. Being self-employed with rising taxes, insurance, completely unstable income has really taken a toll on me this past year and holiday antics don't help at all.
Xaby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2017 14:13
@Kickstarter

maybe another Kickstarter like: "GameGuru Link to AGK2" with help of Preben. And with FPSC Classic Free Meshes, Props, Textures, etc.

We could build in a community a solid framework which can compete with Unreal Engine, Unity and GameMaker Studio.

There are to many missleading things at the same time. TGC often confused me.

- DarkBasic Professional Bonanza with Plant and Treebuilder only working on Windows XP,
FPSCreator X10 only working on Windows Vista (I understand that, because of DX10 not on Windows XP)
- DarkBasic, FPC Creator X10, FPS Creator Classic, FPS Creator Reloaded (now GameGuru), AGK 1, AGK2, Tier 1, Tier 2

And so many AdOns for DarkBasic like DarkShader, DarkVoice, DarkPhyics ...

Changing the Store, selling stuff, and when you decide to buy something like model assets, they are gone.

I love all your products, but sometimes it feels like the is no focus at all.

I don't care about DX11 now. I would see Vulcan as the future.

Android (OUYA/ForgeTV, Amazon, Shield, Smartphones), Microsoft UWP, Tizen, iOS, TVOS, Linux

We as community have to be able to trust and build on your products for years. We invest not only money, but a lot of time into the technology. When I saw the Kickstarter in first place, I was exited about, the idea etc. But than I thought, why a new product? Why not GameGuro 2.0 with AGK2 support. Why a complete other product? For whom is it?

I want to support it, but I more want to support a great IDE with GameGuru and AGK2 together and want to know, that all Assets I bought I am able to use with the new TGC products too.

So if you need help, tell us. Let's build something great together.

Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2017 14:18
Quote: ""Speaking for myself.. I'm always broke around this time of years; because of holiday spending and about 2 weeks of no pay.""

For the first time in 25yrs i'm actually fairly well off after Christmas, i still have about two grand pocket change at the moment

Intel Celeron (duel Core), Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 180gB Generic SATAII, WinVista.
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2017 16:11 Edited at: 6th Jan 2017 16:13
I would not dream of doing a GameGuru Kickstarter until I have delivered a product worthy of the support shown by our FPSC Reloaded pledgers and of course, our secret investor, who all want to see a great game maker. I asked our artist to create an illustration we could use to simplify the choice for new users, and it looks something like this:

The idea is that those who just want to drop stuff in and have something running quickly that looks good would use the MyWorld sandbox, those who want to spend more time making a unique looking game and importing custom art would use GameGuru and those who want to go full-on coding with no assumptions would have AppGameKit. This way we cover the whole spectrum of needs, and also clarify the messaging of each product.
PC SPECS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-5930K (PASSMARK:13645), NVIDIA Geforce GTX 980 GPU (PASSMARK:9762) , 32GB RAM

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Xaby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2017 09:00
@Lee

in the picture you showed, there are three puzzle tiles. Game Guru is in the middle. So this would be great. Using MyWorld for Beginning and Prototyping, than using GameGuru for Scripting, better Lighting, more props etc., and completing the Game with App Game Kit with extra stuff, if needed. Special AI, User interfaces, specific events, using Steam-Cards, Google Play/iOS Leaderboards, or special Music creation integration etc.

So it's

MyWorld is more like Minecraft in itself complete, maybe sharing levels
GameGuru is able for export games for Windows plattform (maybe someday also UWP)
and AGK is for exporting to Smartphones, Consoles, other OSes

This sounds realy great, if these three products will work together with the option to export from basic levels to the expert tools.

thanks for your answer
lordjulian
Years of Service
User Offline
From what I've heard, MyWorld won't export to GameGuru but maybe some ideas might find their way into GameGuru in the future.
Julian
PM
Yiff
Years of Service
User Offline
Game Guru started it's build on Darkbasic which is based on DX9 so it's stuck there.
Until something new comes after, just like before when we had that first one,
"The 3D Gamemaker" which i thort was crap but evolution continues but it takes time ..

Game Guru is good enuff 4 me coz I'm not good enuff 4 it ...
Even blind Fredie could see that Murphys law means Ur got Buckleys chance ...
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2017 14:10
Gameguru WAS built on DarkBasic, but it isn't any more, it was converted to C++ about 18 months or so ago. There are some legacy things from DB, but its mostly c++ now, so no that's bit why were stuck with DX9.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 18:13:18
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 18:13:18