Product Chat / New TGC kickstarted "MyWorld".

Author
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2016 15:01 Edited at: 19th Dec 2016 17:23
Hi All,

Just wanted to chime in as MyWorld seems to have invaded my GameGuru forum! The MyWorld product (written in Unity) is the brain-child of Ravey and Adam, who've been working on it for the best part of a year now. It's not so much a game maker, more a sandbox game with creative elements. You cannot save and sell what you make, no custom importing, no title screens, e.t.c. Think of MyWorld as Minecraft without the blocks and zombies.

My role on the MyWorld project has been paying the wages and drooling over the amazing progress Ravey and Adam have made in such a short time, in no small thanks to Unity which really cuts out the technical work and frees them up to work on the product and visual side. I am sure the MyWorld team would really appreciate your pledge. Here the live link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tgc/myworld-imagine-create-play

To allay any fears, MY primary focus remains GameGuru, and I will continue to make updates and work through the voting board, and subsist on the occasional pat on the back when kindly offered. I know it's frustrating waiting (years) for the features you want, and I appreciate your patience. I may not be able to bring you the visual quality of Unity, but I can bring lots of other things in 2017 and I hope you'll join me on my continuing mission
PC SPECS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-5930K (PASSMARK:13645), NVIDIA Geforce GTX 980 GPU (PASSMARK:9762) , 32GB RAM

synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2016 15:29 Edited at: 19th Dec 2016 16:32
Quote: "The TGC product catalogue seems to limp from Kickstarter to Kickstarter"

How many do you think they have had ? ... Only one which failed unless I'm mistaken ..

TGC have a good few product on the go .. AppGame kit, Eduguru. GameGuru, Driving Test Success UK Theory APP which is one of TGC's biggest sellers and income so its no surprise to me from a business perspective if someone comes up with a concept that makes you think " This could be amazing " and you decide to run with it and develop it further.. What fool wouldn't ..But that's not to say you just give up on your other incomes.. its just an addition

When I first heard of My World I have to admit to thinking ... Oh great another Game Creator and started down the same path as many would .. This could be the end for GG etc, etc ... However when I finally tried it I realised it was nothing like GG .. The two products are totally different and can happily co exist together so although My World isn't really my thing I no longer had any concerns that its a replacement or even in competition with GameGuru, Appgame Kit or any other TGC products in fact I think it could be a winner in its own right if your into this kind of thing ...

I run my own little business so this is only my opinion on it ...I could be totally wrong of course ... TGC could make so much money from this they could all pack up bags retire off to the Bahama's for all I know

But as far as " This is the end of GG " ... I'm just not seeing it ..
EDIT !! WHOOPS ... Syncronised posting with Lee .... Sorry
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2016 15:36 Edited at: 19th Dec 2016 15:44
Quote: " I may not be able to bring you the visual quality of Unity,"

I never expected that really. In fact the visuals never bugged me. I do like the results I get. My main concerns have been optimization and just waiting for some of the lacking functionalities/features to be attained.
Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3 | TGC Assets - Store Link

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GT 740
Polaraul
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
synchromesh wrote: "How many do you think they have had ? ... Only one which failed unless I'm mistaken .."

Whilst AGK 2 may have gained its Kickstarter funding, for myself personally, I consider this a product that falls very short of the competition and even open source alternatives!
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Whilst AGK 2 may have gained its Kickstarter funding,"

My Apologies .... I stand corrected ...I didn't know that
PM
cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Cogwheel Chronicles
Posted: 19th Dec 2016 16:28
Thanks for the update Lee that reassures me regarding GG.

I'll back MyWorld - not something I'm into but looks like some fun can be had with it and helps TGC too. Good luck with the kickstarter.

Cheers.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2016 16:43 Edited at: 19th Dec 2016 16:45
It seems to be active now for those interested ...
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tgc/myworld-imagine-create-play?token=a0783d6b

I just pledged ...what the hell... The driving aspect looks good fun
PM
UNIRD12B
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2016 17:07 Edited at: 19th Dec 2016 17:35
seems someone alraedy tried this
YEARS ago,,,
SAME NAME AND ALL !!

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/MMORPG-Kickstarter-MyWorld-WorldWizards-RedDwarf,16002.html

wow cool looks like we gonna have another " NOT QUITE FINISHED ---YET,,,,,SORRY ...." program to purchase
to add to the long list of unfinished ones we have bought over the years so far...

ok....DRAW THE LINE IN THE SAND....HERE !

for me = NOT ONE MORE PENNY towards buying,,,,,,AIR.

or chocolate flavoured DOG Droppings to swallow that's sold as Sirloin Steak.

UNIRD12B

Please do not use profanity on the forums even abbreviated
I'm sorry MOD,,,your right,,,is it ok now as modified ?
Let\'s actually make something happen with this one !
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2016 17:18 Edited at: 19th Dec 2016 18:08
looks fun but I don't think I'll be supporting it in any way any time soon. Will see, my nephews will probably love it.
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; 12GB.
FPSC to GameGuru Tools: SegAutoWelder, Entity+Weapon Welder
UNIRD12B
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2016 17:23
hmm seems the add is missing a few words....

" We’ve been developing UNFINISHED products for well over fifteen years, designing software with easy to use interfaces."

Am I wrong ??

UNIRD12B

Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2016 17:26 Edited at: 19th Dec 2016 18:57
This is somewhat reassuring to hear that you are not developing 2 projects here. I'd prefer the other 2 to also work on GG but I'm not in charge here nor can I pay any wages I am also not thrilled that you are still rolling with the whole voting board idea but as long as GG ain't cancelled, I'm also okay with that.

Quote: " I may not be able to bring you the visual quality of Unity, but I can bring lots of other things in 2017 and I hope you'll join me on my continuing mission"

As Teabone said, we don't expect that. In fact, I'm sure the community will figure out a way to get close to that on its own if you just smoothen out some of the rough edges and give us the tools we need.

-Wolf

Quote: "" We’ve been developing UNFINISHED products for well over fifteen years, designing software with easy to use interfaces." "

A bit overblown. TGC had a few duds, but the majority of products in the old catalogue where finished.
UNIRD12B
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2016 17:29
what WOLF said,,,,,,= AGREED !!!

UNIRD12B
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2016 17:32 Edited at: 19th Dec 2016 17:33
Quote: "TGC had a few duds, but the majority of products in the old catalogue where finished."

And still ongoing ... As far as GG, AppGame Kit go no matter how good they get or how many features they have they will never be finished.
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 19th Dec 2016 17:41 Edited at: 19th Dec 2016 17:43
Quote: "As Teabone said, we don't expect that. In fact, I'm sure the community will figure out a way to get close to that on its own if you just smoothen out some of the rough edges and give us the tools we need."

We're not actually that far off from that anyway, as you say it's mainly a few rough edges that need smoothing, some work on the existing shaders and some new ones, as well as some work on the lighting, and we'll be able to get it pretty close, it will never be better, but definitely close.

This, along with performance tweaks, new AI, and better basic tools (terrain brushes, more terrain textures, adjustable water etc.), in my opinion should be the priority, and would go a long way to make GameGuru feel more "complete", if Lee could get all of these done i think the general opinion of GameGuru would take a big leap upwards.

i5, NV960 2GB, 16GB memory, 2x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.
i3 , Intel integrated graphics, 6GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAIII Win8.1.
Intel Celeron (duel Core), Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 180gB Generic SATAII, WinVista.
Q6600, Intel integrated graphics, 8GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAII, Win7.
UNIRD12B
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2016 17:52
What BELIDOS said.....EXACTLY !!!

UNIRD12B
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2016 17:52
Hi UNIRD12B, I sometimes hear a passing reference to my catalog of unfinished products, but I struggle to understand the critique. Both FPSC and DBP sold for years, translated into countless languages and made a lot of people very happy. The 3D Gamemaker had a huge retail release and sold very well in the shops (back when software lived in boxes). DarkBASIC Classic was creating 3D games years before Unity was even born and encouraged a generation to take up programming. I am curious which 'chocolate dog sh*t' products you are referring to?
PC SPECS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-5930K (PASSMARK:13645), NVIDIA Geforce GTX 980 GPU (PASSMARK:9762) , 32GB RAM

3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2016 18:15
Quote: "but I can bring lots of other things in 2017"

I'm sure about that, so please do you want to list all those "lots of other things ", we need a picture about.

3com
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics

PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2016 18:19 Edited at: 19th Dec 2016 18:22
Quote: "Lee Bamber ...I am curious which 'chocolate dog sh*t' products you are referring to?"

I am curious which 'chocolate dog [ MOD EDIT ] products you are referring to
Profanity in any form is not acceptable ..Please do not use it even abbreviated

LMAO .... Sorry Lee... Couldn't resist
PM
UNIRD12B
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2016 18:23
Hi Lee ,
and I'm sorry if I ruffled feather,,NOT my goal at all....
but,,,
under another name...I have been here since 2004 approx and own and have owned...

DB
DBPro
DB Classic
Dark GDK
DarkEdit
DarkMatter
DarkVoices
DarkShader
DarkAI
FPScreator free
FPSCreator
Treemagik
PlantLife
Cartography Shop
and have 2 versions of
DarkGameStudio ---one still UNOPENED
then
FPSCreator
FPSCreator X10
PFSCreator Reloaded

and a few more

and now Since its release
I have been a Gold Supporter for
GAME GURU and STILL hope to see fruition ..cause I am still here---HOPING
so in all fairness I ask...after close to 12-13 years here,,,
HOW MANY of those projects were completed and in a workable usable state..
before,,,,another NEW or,,,,OFFSHOOT project was started ,,and
how many are still in active , progressive development..
THATS,,,all im saying.....and asking,,,in all honesty...and upon reflection...I see here I am NOT alone in my thinking...
NOW
DONT GET ME WRONG..
I'd LIke you a lot,,,and admire your abilities to the extreme,,,your WAY beyond what I will ever
be able to do in this field...and I STILL feel you can do this and get it to work,,,ITS WHY im still here..as many are...
We ALL believe in you.....
so far tho,,,,,,,the adds say....
" learn to build a Castle quickly and easily "
BUT
we end up with Bird Houses
Still...Im not giving up....just like to see it work as promised before...
" Game Guru x10 "--NOW AVAILABLE

comes out,,and we are asked to chip in...again///

Thats all Im saying.

KEEP Working ................KEEP Trying.....KEEP Going

Thank you for reading all our thoughts and truly trying to listen...WE DO CARE !

UNIRD12B
devlin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2016 18:26 Edited at: 19th Dec 2016 18:30
i like the look of it i may look at it in 3 years.
see how far it as come.
but i may pledge.
i still love the 3d game maker.
was a great product.
PM
xCept
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2016 18:32 Edited at: 19th Dec 2016 18:34
@Belidos,

Quote: "1. Why are you trying to compare C# with DBPro/C++? C# is a scripting language, DBPro/C++ are programming languages, two entirely different things with very little to compare.

2. Unity is not written in C#, C# is the language that the end user uses to script with, just like GameGuru isn't written in LUA. The Unity runtime is written in C/C++. This runtime is used in any build you create using the editor. The editor is built on the Unity runtime and additionally includes editor-specific C/C++ binaries."

My point is that it is unlikely any features implemented in MyWorld (Unity w/ C#) would be directly transferable to GameGuru (DBP w/ C++) as some speculated, due to this very different architecture and programming platform. App developers using Unity as their engine use C# to code whereas GG is developed with C++/DBP and so porting any aspects of MyWorld directly to GameGuru would be a very manual and labor-intensive process.
PC SPECS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, AMD Phenom X6 1100T 3.60 GHz CPU (Passmark: 5934), NVIDIA Geforce GTX-680 2GB GPU (Passmark: 5712), G.SKILL 16GB DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) RAM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Still...Im not giving up....just like to see it work as promised before...
" Game Guru x10 "--NOW AVAILABLE"

Always comes back to X10
Coded for Vista only .. Vista scrapped by MS as users hated it and X10 didnt sell because of this ...
There was no point continuing with it .. So in reality this wasn't unfinished but dropped for valid reasons ..
PM
Earthling45
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2016 18:59
Hi Lee, thanks for your reply and clarification.
Ertlov
GameGuru BOTB Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2016 19:00
Quote: "Coded for Vista only."

That's simply not true. It would have run on Win 7, too. But it suffered from Vista never getting gfeet on the ground, that much is sure.

I was one of the first to get his copy shipped, and it was, let's face it, unfinished business compared to the promises launched before.
It had some nice eye candy that ran only fluently if you had the hypermonster GPU available back then, but in many some regards it was way behind what FPSC classic became afterwards.
AMD FX 8Core @ 4GHZ - 16 GB DDR4 - 2xRadeon7950 - Windows 7 Ultimate
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2016 19:01
+ FPSCX9 later adopted all the features X10 had.
UNIRD12B
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2016 19:13
Quote: "+ FPSCX9 later adopted all the features X10 had."

ok....and now,,,where is it ?????

UNIRD12B
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "My point is that it is unlikely any features implemented in MyWorld (Unity w/ C#) would be directly transferable to GameGuru (DBP w/ C++) as some speculated, due to this very different architecture and programming platform"

Actually the stamp tool (which I mentioned) would be easily transferable. The terrain is merely a height map, created with an image, a stamp would simply be an easy way to change that height map in places, with another image. Nothing really do do with the coding language being used at all.

I also did not realise it was in Unity, even after using it. All I can say is I slowed it down quite easily and it would seem Unity is not really much better than it used to be. Saves me the bother of trying it anytime soon. Also, shows how much faster Unreal is in comparison, as I have used that fairly recently and did not slow it down once, with a lot more going on than in My World.

SPECS: Q6600 CPU. Nvidia 660GTX. 8 Gig Memory. Win 7.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2016 19:20 Edited at: 19th Dec 2016 19:26
Quote: "That's simply not true. It would have run on Win 7, too. But it suffered from Vista never getting gfeet on the ground, that much is sure."

MS had a phase when Vista was released with its more restrictive licensing terms ... ( ever wondered why X10 isn't open source like Classic ) I think you will find like many products of the time that X10 was kind of locked to vista under Licence .. Although it can be run even on Windows 10 reasonably I think to much would have had to be undone to have made it viable for the all new Windows 7.
PM
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2016 19:32
Quote: "I am sorry to be so negative, but TGC continue to disappoint. Until TGC show a commitment and belief in the products people have already backed, I for one will be steering well clear of funding anymore TGC products.

Sorry."

Same here.
AMD Phenom x4 9850 2.58 Ghz , 6 gb ram, 2GB EVGA Geforce GTX 750, Win 10 x64

PM
Nomad Soul
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2016 19:33
It has to be said that X10 was a disaster and the 1 product in TGC's line up I was terribly disappointed with. I mean it was literally missing over half the advertised features with no attempt to add them back in later on. I think it received 1 official update in its lifetime and was already dead and buried when the source code was eventually released.

Having said that I've had years of enjoyment with FPSC Classic. I'm still using it now so its the best value for money piece of software I have ever purchsed. I feel indifferent about GameGuru and will admit I was more excited about Reloaded which I think could have been great.

I understand TGC wanting to make GG into a more generic product for Steam with a wider user base for commercial reasons. However I think that is biting off more than TGC can chew and development is very fragmented due to lack of resource and trying to please everyone.

Lee has always been very generous with his time and a very talented coder. I will always support his products where possible.
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2016 19:52
Quote: "ok....and now,,,where is it ?????"

So many question marks!! Is this because its christmas?
Free and open source.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "So many question marks!! Is this because its christmas?"

LOL ..
PM
UNIRD12B
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2016 20:07
heheh WOLF...good one ..so here is

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

so many LOLS.....

too funny,,luv it..

UNIRD12B
Johno 15
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2016 20:14
MyWorld doesn't seem like my cup of tea however I do plan on backing it for sure because it looks like it has great potential, also happy to hear GG will continue to be developed in parallel and heck even if we don't get unity graphics at least it'll be 100X easier to use! thanks Lee for all your work and I wish TGC and Adam and ravey the very best of luck in MyWorld
'Judge a man not by his answers. But by his questions.'
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2016 21:30
The Behemoth Himeslf wrote: "To allay any fears, MY primary focus remains GameGuru, and I will continue to make updates and work through the voting board, and subsist on the occasional pat on the back when kindly offered."

this, I am glad to hear! My fears have been allayed.
I hope to see gameguru progress continue right along side myworld progress (which i will not probably be following), although considering the sales record of FPSC and Gameguru already, I would hope that gameguru had SIGNIFICANTLY MORE MANPOWER DEVOTED TO IT than would a new project that's not even funded.

Quote: "I'd like to see more transparency about specifically how many at TGC are working on this project and to what extent."

Hire Me! I model, animate, cook, clean, and texture!
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Its off to a good start .... £1000 pledged in the last few hours ... £24,000 to go

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tgc/myworld-imagine-create-play?token=a0783d6b
PM
Earthling45
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2016 00:20
Although it is not my cup of thea, i am going to be a gold backer in mid Januari or at the end of Januari.

My fears have been allayed as well
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2016 00:33
I appreciate the communication! Thanks, Lee, my mind is at peace.
Desktop: i7 4770@3.4Ghz, 12GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX 1080, 1TB SSD, 1TB HDD; Laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz, 16GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX870M , 1TB SSD.
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2016 04:16 Edited at: 21st Dec 2016 10:31
I've been putting all my extra time into a game I'm making with Game Guru. So my expectations are pretty high as of lately... for certain features. Also is why I got very concerned with the news here of yet another product in development. Glad to hear it doesn't have any detrimental effects for GG's development process.

The only things I need from Game-Guru presently:

AI To Navigate Stairs
Adjustable Water Height
Swimming
More Terrain Texture Painting Option
Particle System

Since the voting board is sticking around it looks like I might have quite the wait to go. Might I suggest removing "Quests" from the list since its already mentioned in "Quest Giver" ? We need to shorten up that list and narrow things down to what matters most to everyone here.
Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3 | TGC Assets - Store Link

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GT 740
gd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2016 09:57 Edited at: 20th Dec 2016 10:11
Hi all, I just wanted to say maybe be their should be a new KICKSTARTER to help take GG to the next level. As we all know you have to produce new products to survive in this industry or any other. It seems mad you all think there will be no resources set aside for GG. If I focus all my time on one project I would of been out of business years ago.

Anyway as I was saying, many developers run new KICKSTARTER's to raise new funds. You will see this for games as will as engines. I think it maybe be a good idea to start a new KICKSTARTER for game guru "THE NEXT LEVEL". This will help speed up the progress of its development and even finish some of those bugging concerns we all have. It maybe TGC can hire a or some game engine developer(s) for a few months. They could cover many areas from AI, Shaders, UI, Models, optimization, etc or what ever Lee needs them to cover.

I would rather back this than another app (I'm sure it will do well, but my allegiance is with GG). I like the fact you can just drop a few assets in a window, a little scripting, re-texturing, a new model or two and the way you go. If I wanted to have a whole game developing team behind me I would use UE4, Unity, etc. I think some of you forget why GG was made in the first place. There will always be improvements needed like in any engine; which are all in development and never finished. I also understand there are a few little basics that are missing you expect GG to have... Give it time! "How much time you may ask". Well maybe there should be a new way to use the voting board. I think their should be a must have top five set by the TGC. They are the guys that know which areas need the most focus and it's limitations.

I'm sure you all have notice a few items on the list that can be solved by scripting... should they even be there? - Maybe you could have a option for which items could or should be removed as they can be achieved through scripting. If it's going to be available soon by scripting then it can be compressed in one item or removed. This will free up votes for more important items we all may need. I think just making more core function available by lua and we can work the rest out ourselves. DON'T FORGET MULTIPLAYER! lol

Good luck Ravey and Adam I hope you get your backing. But Lee I would love to see GG back on KICKSTARTER, you can have my money and backing.

ge - Ed.
Dark Base 900 Pro OJ: Rampage V Ed.10, i7 6950x non-OC, DDR4-3333 64 GB RAM, Win 10/64, Asus Strix GeForce 1080 x 2 SLI mode, Water cooled with an old Victorian cast iron radiator and a industrial leather belt driven fan - That's what you call Steampunked.

Laptop - M17xR3

A new competition running for GG
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2016 10:07 Edited at: 20th Dec 2016 10:10
Quote: "Hi all, I just wanted to say maybe be their should be a new KICKSTARTER "

This was originally done for Reloaded / GameGuru and did not succeed ... Many of us have already invested hundreds of pounds already in the original private crowd funding Gold, Silver and Bronze pledges ... GameGuru still has a way to go to reach those original goals first before many would consider investing more ..
PM
gd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2016 10:18
Hi synchromesh, maybe that's true for you guys who have invested in the KICKSTARTER before. But I'm sure TCG has more customers since then; customers who may think GG is not for them and move on. Why not see if they can invest in a great project before they are lost. You maybe surprised at the results.
Dark Base 900 Pro OJ: Rampage V Ed.10, i7 6950x non-OC, DDR4-3333 64 GB RAM, Win 10/64, Asus Strix GeForce 1080 x 2 SLI mode, Water cooled with an old Victorian cast iron radiator and a industrial leather belt driven fan - That's what you call Steampunked.

Laptop - M17xR3

PM
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2016 11:55
@UNIRD12B : Thanks for your support over the years, an impressive collection of software! Are you saying ALL those products you listed are "Chocolate Dog [MOD EDIT]"? If not, which ones are unfinished, so I can address them individually, thanks. Maybe pick your worst three. Always wanted to get to the bottom of this!

@Ertlov : Can you send me a link to the promises made on X10? As far as I remember, we completed the development, translated it into five languages and shipped. I dare say there were a few bugs lingering in there, but which features where promised and not included in the box product?

@Nomad Soul : Can you send me any old links you have or recollections on the advertised features promised with X10? My fragile brain only remembers long nights and crazy prototype DX10 boards from NVIDIA that stuck out the back of my PC, but we managed to get the product ready for OEM.

@MK83 : We've had a policy of free updates on all our products for 15 years. In what way is this not showing commitment and belief in our products? Is it better to say that you are unhappy with the quality of the commitment and belief rather than the quantity of it?

@Bugsy : GameGuru sales have dropped from about a year ago, not sure why but Steam is a very tricky channel to navigate. I had to scale back the team to one and a half (me and occasional help from others) to keep the project viable, but I am hoping that with a few more voting board and core features complete we can get better reviews in 2017. It's not something I worry you guys with, but business can be a cruel mistress sometimes and far better developers than me have gone the way of the doe-doe over the last decade. Since Unity and Unreal went free, a few game makers have pulled up sticks and gone, they're probably the ones who are far better at business than me That said, I come from Wigan, and stubborn, and I don't give up easily!!

GraPhiX
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 20th Dec 2016 12:10
Quote: "That said, I come from Wigan, and stubborn, and I don't give up easily!!"

LOL a pie eater I am from Warrington not far from you live in Manchester now though

I also have purchased 90% of your products while some have had problems I am very happy with everything you and your company does, I wish you all the success in any venture you do, I also run a business and the economy can be very cruel to small business so kudos to you
Welcome to the real world!
gd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2016 12:16
@LeeBamber

I look forward to the results

Laptop - M17xR3

PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "the economy can be very cruel to small business so kudos to you "

Agreed and in the same boat .... That's why I understand if a viable product falls on your lap worth further development then for survival you have to go with it ... Of course as I said above you don't just stop your other sources of income its just an addition to them
PM
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2016 12:24
Quote: "but I am hoping that with a few more voting board and core features complete we can get better reviews in 2017."

Absolutely agree.
It is time for reflection, to draw a route map for the year 2017, and to go for it.
I am here, waiting for Amazon to bring me the gtx 1060, to deliver it to the team that is building the desktop, so that I can use GG with better resources; I suppose this means something.

Take the reviews as mere information, a guide to improve the product and period.

When things get tough, it's a good time to get up and move on.

Maybe it's a good time to migrate to 64-bit, think that Intel has already developed the 128-bit chip; hoow many time it takes the 32-bit-based system to become obsolete.

Happy xmas mate, and good new year 2017, full of good news for all us.

3com

Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics

PM
Nomad Soul
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2016 12:30
Hi Lee

Here are 2 videos I found showing FPSC X10 features:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ3VhbyPLbo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BqbBPJmKws

Here are the features which did not make it into the final product:

- soft stencil shadows (there are character shadows but nothing like those in the video)
- refracting glass
- soft particles
- manual control mode
- real time cube mapping

This is all water under the bridge now of course and GG has done far more to deliver on its promises.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
With all this X10 talk I'm kind of wanting to install it again for a little mess about
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 20th Dec 2016 12:49 Edited at: 20th Dec 2016 12:50
Quote: "Hi Lee

Here are 2 videos I found showing FPSC X10 features:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ3VhbyPLbo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BqbBPJmKws

Here are the features which did not make it into the final product:

- soft stencil shadows (there are character shadows but nothing like those in the video)
- refracting glass
- soft particles
- manual control mode
- real time cube mapping

This is all water under the bridge now of course and GG has done far more to deliver on its promises"

What has always got my goat about GameGuru, is that it was released without all of the features (both implemented and promised) from FPSCx10 and previous versions of FPSC. GameGuru has always felt like a step back from FPSC in certain areas, it's frustrating.

i5, NV960 2GB, 16GB memory, 2x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.
i3 , Intel integrated graphics, 6GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAIII Win8.1.
Intel Celeron (duel Core), Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 180gB Generic SATAII, WinVista.
Q6600, Intel integrated graphics, 8GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAII, Win7.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 12:07:46
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 12:07:46