Product Chat / GameGuru MAX Alpha Build Released!

Author
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Lee,

I think it can be very nice to add the ability to play a intro video before the main menu, like a company logo or any intro video

like here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2H4wbJXMer0&feature=emb_title

also a bullet holes on the walls and blood on the wall like in the old fpsc

cheers
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2020 18:49 Edited at: 17th May 2020 18:50
Quote: "We don't really need a UI for particles, the particle system is fully scripted with variables you adjust to change the effects etc. With the dynamic lua system in place all we need is for someone to edit them scripts and expose the variables to dynamic UI then we'll be able to change them direct from the properties panel."

I imagine something like that would look like something like we had it in FPSC:

Store Assets - Store Link

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GTX 960
Duchenkuke
GameGuru VBOTB Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2020 21:49
Quote: "bullet holes on the walls and blood on the wall "

been asking this for years too.
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2020 22:04 Edited at: 20th May 2020 22:04

Been there, done that, got all the T-Shirts!
PM
Duchenkuke
GameGuru VBOTB Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2020 20:05
a video that shows the requested features, awesome
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2020 21:13
Lol, I made that 2 years ago, it's just a script.
PM
Duchenkuke
GameGuru VBOTB Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2020 09:48
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2020 10:05 Edited at: 22nd May 2020 10:20
Yes but here it is again.

Just attach the script to an always active entity and place the sprite sheets in effectbank\particles folder.

There is a list in the script called validWeaponsList which triggers the script to produce bullet holes when the weapon is in use, currently only works for colt1911, uzi, sniperm700 and magnum357. Add your own weapons to that list to get bullet holes for them as well.

Edited to add: Bullet holes only work on static entities btw.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
GreekToMe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2020 13:48
Very useful script for many adaptations/uses! THANK YOU!
Cheers!
Alexis A
PM
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2020 14:27
With a few relatively simple engine changes this method could be incorporated in GG/Max as default, the limitations currently are that particles cannot 'follow' an entity so for example using them on dynamic entities or animated entities is pointless.
The sprite sheets are curtesy of GraPhiX btw, I also have a 'glass' one.
One cool thing you can do with this is use different images like maybe graffiti, then run around splatting graffiti over buildings etc.
Currently the life of the particles is set to 30 seconds IIRC and the fade out gradually, you could increase the max number of particles to say 500 and set the life to a much larger value and also remove the fade. Then you would have a more persistent effect.
PM
GreekToMe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2020 14:46
Thanks again for the additional info! You know, as perhaps many others, I am in the "in limbo" state right now, as I am not all that sure how it all works out with GG Max. I am going with it that's for sure. So I am concentrating on keeping up with it, working with the IDE and work on scripts and such, do some sprite studying etc. as well as importing all of my entities and doing a bunch of testing. I don't want to invest a whole lot of time on starting a project and not knowing if it will be "proper" for GG Max. NO, I have not tried GG Loader with GG Max projects.
For some reason, perhaps again as many others, I have lost interest in working with GG Classic. So, I don't start any new projects or continue on old ones either.
Now, just waiting for GG Max and ...
And I am ever so happy, GG Max will be Windows only!
Cheers!
Alexis A
PM
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2020 14:49
Complete waste of time doing anything in Max until the end the year. Anyhow it can't really do anything that regular GG can't do so if you are developing scripts you should stick with the PP build for now.
PM
GreekToMe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2020 22:44
Advice noted and taken!
Cheers!
Alexis A
PM
GoDevils
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2020 00:37
I've been playing with GGMax for about a week. Here are some initial comments..

Love the new interface, but with a few exceptions...

The entity selection display is going to be a problem, It seems that it is intended to display all folders as well as what's in the folder. That's fine now when we have only a few entity choices. However, for people like myself who has dozens of folders and hundreds of entities, having everything display all at once will make finding things confusing. I much prefer the closed folders (like the current GG) which can then be opened as needed.

Also, there is a need for an “Entity Mode” button on the menu display. There is a button now which says “Entity Mode”, but that takes you to the Terrain editing more. The Entity Mode in the drop down menu works correctly, but a short cut button is needed.

Love the new Character properties, and the easy way to select the characters actions. Also the new Way Point system is cool, but there remains a problem using a set of Way Points to walk up stairs or step up onto a flat horizontal surface and follow the Way Point path on that new surface (not the terrain). (I intend to comment on this further in a separate post)

I noted a statement (I think by Lee) that the intention is to have GG Max fully backward compatible so that GG Classic maps can be opened and edited by GG Max. This is a big issue to me since I have several large maps that I want to continue in GG Max.

Moving my very large set of Entity Bank models to GG Max will be a difficult process. Would help if some one could create an automated system to merge the GG Max and GG Classic “File” folders.

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.
"THERE IS NO SPOON"

AMD 6300 6 core 3.5 ghz, Windows 8.1, 8GB ram, GTX 650 2GB ram
Nerf Rhett Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2020 17:16 Edited at: 27th May 2020 18:19
I think another useful thing to have in MAX is a built in menu editor, like the one in FPSC. One where you could have a background image, logo, buttons, etc. instead of modifying the titlebank (if that’s the correct folder name) files, then compiling the standalone. You could also preview it in real time after you’re done making changes.
Edit: most of this is irrelevant now.
Specs: Building a new PC at the moment, so coming soon...

Some of the games I've made/are in production so far:

GraPhiX
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 27th May 2020 17:27
@Nerf Rhett Games
cough cough https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/220932#msg2618480 shameless plug
Welcome to the real world!
Main PC - Windows 10 Pro x64 - Core i7-9700K @4.2GHz - 32GB DDR4 RAM - GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB - 1TB NVe SSD 2TB Hybrid Data Drive
Test PC - Windows 10 Pro x64 - Core i7-7700K @4.2GHz - 32GB DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1060-6G 6GB - 1TB NVe SSD
Laptop - Helios 300 Predator - i7 7700HQ - 32GB - Nvidia GTX1060 6GB - 525GB M2 - 500 SSD - 17.3" IPS LED Panel - Windows 10 Pro x64
Various Tutorials by me
Nerf Rhett Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2020 18:18
@GraPhiX
Oh wow, I should’ve looked around. :/
It seems like a great tool, and once I have some spare cash I’ll buy the full version.
Specs: Building a new PC at the moment, so coming soon...

Some of the games I've made/are in production so far:

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 13:44:56
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 13:44:56