Product Chat / GameGuru MAX Alpha Build Released!

Author
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
I noticed using Tab ( clip mode, removing roof ) in the editor seems to show clip mode scroll working ( bottom right ) but doesn't work visually in the editor so I assume that's just not implemented.
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Lamuento
Years of Service
User Offline
Guys I installed to the same folder and everything and always keep getting this error
PM
Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2020 13:07
I'm guessing too that you cannot assign any weapons yet to the player start marker, as there is no option for that in the right properties panel.
Aftershock Quad Core AMD FM2+ 3.5 GHz 8GB Motherboard and Processor, A7700k apu, Asus GT970 STRIX 4gb Nvidia gfx card.
King Korg Synth, Alesis SR18 Drum Machine, Akai MPX8 sample player, Roland Fantom XA Synth, Axus Digital AXK2 Digital Drum Kit, Novation Ultranova Synth, Waldorf Blofeld Synth, Roland D05 Synth Module, Bluedio Victory V Headphones, AKG K141 Studio Headphones, Lenovo Ideapad, with Windows 10 64bit, 8Gb Ram and AMD A10 7th Gen Graphics. Acer Swift i3 Laptop with Intel Optane memory, Intel 620UHD GPU, Windows 10 64bit.
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
@MadLad Designs: ahh i know what you mean now, yes when the window get key navigation focus you need to click somewhere else, or press CTRL+TAB to switch window focus
Subscribe and checkout great GameGuru/AGK video's here: Videos click here
Latest GameGuru Loader news: News click here
Get GameGuru Loader PBR version here: Steam click here
best regards Preben Eriksen,
PCS
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 15th Apr 2020 13:14 Edited at: 15th Apr 2020 13:25
Thanks Preben and gd for the file size.

Edited, . Sorry for the confusion. i Came right
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G3260 @ 3.30GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.3GHz RAM 16GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 730
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Guys I installed to the same folder and everything and always keep getting this error "

What error ?
you haven't said .
PM
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2020 13:53
I have noticed a few users who reported install errors, then solved them, so well done there. For those still without an alpha build in front of them, please repeat your issue with steps you performed and a screenshot, and I will work through them for you. I am uploading a new build now which solves the desktop icon issue reported, good fine.

Generally, this alpha build is not released to find specific bugs, that phase will come later. I just wanted to give you a first-hand look at the new UI and what the final GameGuru MAX might feel like. When the new terrain system and graphics engine go in, that's when things are really going to rock! Once terrain, 64bit, and new graphics are up and running, we will enter an early beta phase where we can refine and resolve many of the issues you have reported so far.

Really pleased you like what you see so far, and encouraged that some of your old levels are loading in at this early stage. As you know there is no such thing as a 100% perfect forwards compatibility (maybe 99%), but hopefully we will provide the tweaks and tools you need to make any small corrections to continue your projects in September. I highly encourage you not to use the alpha builds for your serious game making projects, as it's going to change and may get less stable before we are finished.
GameGuru Classic will continue to be supported with bug fixes and functionality additions.

Ertlov
GameGuru BOTB Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2020 15:17
Quote: "Really pleased you like what you see so far, and encouraged that some of your old levels are loading in at this early stage. "

And run at incredible speeds. I can`t explain why, renderer etc is all the same. But even those where all LUA scripts are running are much faster. Llike, +100% faster. What is this sorcery?
"I am a road map, I will lead and you will follow, I will teach and you will learn, when you leave my sprint planning you will be weapons, focused and full of JIRA tickets, Hot Rod rocket development gods of precision and strength, terrorizing across the repository and hunting for github submits."
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2020 16:07
@Ertlov : Alas not sorcery, just some simplification of the terrain rendering, and a few other optimizations that we needed to do for lower-end integrated systems many months back. I expect many of these to trickle down to GameGuru Classic as part of the unification work to keep everything under one monster repo. As you know, everything related to the graphics engine and terrain will be binned in favour of a new system, so we currently have no idea what the performance metrics will be for the final release.
GameGuru Classic will continue to be supported with bug fixes and functionality additions.

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2020 16:21
@ALL : Just uploaded a new Alpha Build installer which assigns the correct folder to the desktop launch icon. Also for everyone's reference, ensure you install the alpha build to a folder with write permissions otherwise you will get an error. The Program Files folder by default is write-protected, but the Desktop and root folders of your hard drives should have full write permissions. You can use the Program Files folder but you will need to keep launching with Full Administrator Mode.

New Sneak Peek video scheduled for this evening goes through the installation advice too, so watch out for that!

Lamuento
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Once terrain, 64bit, and new graphics are up and running, we will enter an early beta phase"

Will we have to wait until release to make games as standalone or will we get that option sooner, like the beta phase?
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Will we have to wait until release to make games as standalone or will we get that option sooner, like the beta phase?"

It will probably be a very, very late beta phase. No point until all the new features ( terrain, renderer, light system etc ) are added anyway.
PM
Duchenkuke
GameGuru VBOTB Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2020 17:57 Edited at: 15th Apr 2020 17:57
I like the alpha so far! The new voice function is really cool

I also like the new Hud!

Good work guys )

3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2020 18:36
@ Preben

The fact is than the round handler the marker has, is not visible at all.
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics
cpu mark: 10396.6
2d graphics mark: 947.9
3d graphics mark: 8310.9
memory mark 2584.8
Disk mark: 1146.3
Passmark rating: 3662.4

PM
Sadan
Years of Service
User Offline
- imported old game guru project to game guru max
- some lights are broken now
- some lights still glow on terrain surface but NOT on entities surface
PM
Lance
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2020 19:02
Downloaded to my E: drive , ran as admin , made shortcut to desktop , reset the VR in setup . I used the assets that came with Maxx AND it ran . Like the terrain a lot .
I am impressed with the speed . The only thing I miss is the start marker (didn't like starting on a mountain top) .

Lance
Lance

Joined 22nd Jul 2003

PM
PCS
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 15th Apr 2020 20:24
One quick Question. the characters we see now in the character builder , I a some that it's not all there is going to be?
hopefully more in the future to come or not ?
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G3260 @ 3.30GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.3GHz RAM 16GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 730
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
MadLad Designs
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2020 20:27 Edited at: 15th Apr 2020 20:31
@Lance: The start marker is there. Click the 'Markers' tab in the Entity Library.

Check out my YouTube Gaming Channel: /user/MadLadDesigns
W10 Home 64-bit, Intel i3-7100 dual-core 3.90GHz, nVidia GTX1050 4Gb, 8Gb ram
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2020 21:20 Edited at: 16th Apr 2020 23:52
One thing I noticed with the editor, I can no longer pan the camera around with pressing and holding the mousewheel as a button in and shifting around the screen. This was a handy feature in Classic. Is this an international removal/non-inclusion?

Pan, not to be confused with zoom (which works fine).

EDIT: Can pan with using the AWSD keys. Though the mouse wheel no longer pans, at least we have these.
Store Assets - Store Link

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GTX 960
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2020 21:21 Edited at: 15th Apr 2020 21:33
I like the wire-frame view when things are selected

CC seems pretty good from quick tests.

Noticed I'm miles away from the test map when I exited out.

Perhaps more accurately "Needs to be written." lol

Not too bad so far

Edit - O Ohh...

Just started up standard GG to test an old map and found the icons are now maxified.
SPECS: Ryzen 1700 CPU. Nvidia 970GTX. 16 Gig Memory. Win 10.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2020 22:16 Edited at: 15th Apr 2020 22:16
Lol, yep I noticed that. Lee sent me VRQuest a while back to garner my opinion, since then all my GG file icons have turned into VRQuest ones.
Been there, done that, got all the T-Shirts!
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2020 22:48 Edited at: 16th Apr 2020 00:02
Maybe too early a question

but for creating custom attachments for the CC Plus , do the meshes require bones? If so do they require limb names? I tried to actually bring in Classic CC character into CC Plus and the head melted to the floor. I've attempted other meshes as well without bones.

EDIT:

Found out the issue I was having with this. In GG Max the current CC Plus characters use a full biped with attachment.

Store Assets - Store Link

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GTX 960

Attachments

m2design
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2020 23:37 Edited at: 16th Apr 2020 20:09
I could use a little guidance here... I cannot for the life of me get any of the new characters to speak. I know they can do it because of videos by others that show them speaking. I have tried to get that silly women to say something out loud but no success... I guess I could use some help.

Other subject:
All of my GG maps seem to function in max with out any problems. I am very pleased with max at the moment, great start.
http://u.cubeupload.com/beaumonde/c76logo.png
Windows 10 creator,64 bit| Intel i7-7700 @3.60GHZ Quad|CPU PASSMARK 10,794|Memory 16GB |NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1070|GPU PASSMARK 11,071

Attachments

MadLad Designs
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2020 00:03
Apart from fixing the shortcut is there anything else in the new build?
Lance
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2020 00:09
@ MadLad Designs:

The first time I ran MAXX the markers did not show up (I selected Markers) , now they do . Thanks for making me recheck i again .

Lance
Lance

Joined 22nd Jul 2003

PM
GubbyBlips
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice stuff- for v. 0.1
I see that MadLad Designs. I'd like to see more on the entity selection menu--
are ALL entities placed into categories? How well is the search bar working?
@Dvader; wire frame highlighting?? I couldn't see that?
Exactly what is needed if it's the thing.
PM
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2020 00:26 Edited at: 16th Apr 2020 00:28
This is what I have.

I prefer it, your not getting this?
@Amenmoses I hope it is only a cosmetic icon issue.
IndieFrell
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2020 01:17
So I had a very quick basic look so far so good, I will take a good look at it tomorrow on my day off... Well done team looking forward to going head long in to Max in the coming months.
Build Test Sell Repeat...
PM
Ertlov
GameGuru BOTB Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2020 01:34
Quote: "As you know, everything related to the graphics engine and terrain will be binned in favour of a new system, so we currently have no idea what the performance metrics will be for the final release."

I am fully aware of that, and as I intend to work towards a commercial release with quite some $$ from my private stash to be invested, I am of course cautious and won`t put loads of work and money in before I see what happens when I put the final release into a proper stress test (including the "dynamic lights casting shadows" feature we discussed quite a lot).

But the optimizations done here for the old framework are still impressive.
"I am a road map, I will lead and you will follow, I will teach and you will learn, when you leave my sprint planning you will be weapons, focused and full of JIRA tickets, Hot Rod rocket development gods of precision and strength, terrorizing across the repository and hunting for github submits."
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
@Ertlov I don't know took me all of 20 mins (probably less) before I saw this.

Sometimes it drops to 3. Some collision slow down, reminiscent of earlier GG/Reloaded days. Although my main gripe is the annoying transparency issue as ever The new engine may resolve that possibly.
Ertlov
GameGuru BOTB Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2020 03:56
Hm, I ran now 5 different high-load levels on my mediocre-at-best machine and overloaded them with AI, still much better FPS than GG without stressing those
wut
Years of Service
User Offline
When the multiplayer is clicked it says it is not available in alpha.
Does that mean this alpha build or until final release?
PM
IceVANPS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2020 09:58
Hello,
I have a suggestion.
It's something I missed in the previous version. In the editor I can move with the AWSD keys but I have no way to easily raise and lower the camera.
In other editors this can be done with Q and E (Move the camera on the vertical global axis).
It is very useful to be able to easily position objects and put the camera in places of difficult access.
I think it would be easy to implement and would make me very happy
Thank you!
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2020 10:17
Guetting LUA error with CC :

I suspect that this is due to some error in the process that has caused said function not to receive the parameter it expected, or perhaps it is something else, the important thing here is that the script should handle these errors.
I keep betting on default as an alternative in all cases, for example, missing texture got nil value and the consequent error, because loading a default texture; that the entity has associated a shader that does not work because it loads a default shader, etc.

PlaySpeech = PlaySpeech or -1
if -1 then play default, and so on.
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics
cpu mark: 10396.6
2d graphics mark: 947.9
3d graphics mark: 8310.9
memory mark 2584.8
Disk mark: 1146.3
Passmark rating: 3662.4

PM
Ertlov
GameGuru BOTB Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2020 11:26
I have now seen several videos of Max users having user weapons active.
How do they do that?
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2020 11:38 Edited at: 16th Apr 2020 11:39
copy guns folder from GG classic gamecore folder into GGMAX gamecore folder.
[update-scrub that - didn't make a difference either-trying something else]
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++ VS2019, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, others
Hardware: ULTRA FAST Quad Core Gaming PC Tower WIFI & 8GB 1TB HDD & Win 10 + 2GB GT710
Ertlov
GameGuru BOTB Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2020 11:52
you can pick them up and fire, but they dont do damage
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2020 12:05
yes, so adding the "hasweapon=" parameter to the FPE hangs/crashes MAX going into TEST game. I guess, that's not in yet. Still it's only Alpha
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++ VS2019, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, others
Hardware: ULTRA FAST Quad Core Gaming PC Tower WIFI & 8GB 1TB HDD & Win 10 + 2GB GT710
MadLad Designs
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2020 12:30
@IceVANPS: In top-down view, you can raise / lower the camera with the , and . keys (holding shift moves the camera faster). You can raise / lower the camera with the [ and ] keys in 3D mode.
Earthling45
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2020 13:09
So far, what i've seen is quite impressive.
MadLad Designs
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2020 13:19
The new interface is definitely a major step up to getting new users. It's intuitive and easy to use as well as giving the possibility to open up lots of stuff you used to have to dig around for to find in GG Classic.
MadLad Designs
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2020 13:29 Edited at: 16th Apr 2020 13:29
In top-down view is it possible to spin the camera?

I know you can go left / right / up / down, and I know you can hold the right mouse button and move the mouse to spin, but that puts you in 3D mode.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2020 13:30
ok, yes so added the weapon.lua to get weapon working for player.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2020 13:33 Edited at: 16th Apr 2020 13:34
Max is looking awesome but without being a party pooper any chance those last few update bugs could be fixed and deployed for GG as there are a couple holding me back hidelight (e) fix for example. Plus the fact that pretty much Finishes the bug fix and then its all hands on Max
Sorry didn't know where else to post
PM
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Personally the new interface does nothing for me. The new look may be more stylish possibly, but I don't really care for it. What's wrong with a bit of colour? It helps distinguish the buttons more clearly imo.
MadLad Designs
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2020 13:53
@DVader: I'm totally with you but I'm assuming that these first builds are just to get you used to the interface. I've no doubt colours will come into it further down the line (at least I hope so!)
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Did Lee mention alternate skins? I seem to remember it, but can't be sure

@synchromesh. There's a bug with hiding lights? I'm surprised that one managed to be avoided in the bug fixes. You may be able to work around it by moving the light really far away.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "There's a bug with hiding lights? I'm surprised that one managed to be avoided in the bug fixes."

That one cropped up after the bug fix update
PM
trykxta
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi yall
Im having an issue with with gameguru Max when it gets to the splash screen it says editor stopped working I've tried installing it as administrator running as administrator I also installed on the C drive tried running in compatibility mode also also installed on another PC worked fine so what is the specs required cuz that's all I can think of thanks Gary
PM
Monkey Frog
Years of Service
User Offline
Not sure if you're looking for suggestions on GameGuru MAX's UI ... but here we go. And to make it more complex, it's not really a UI thing, but more of a "where things are put" and "what they are called".

Currently, to get to and place lights, you have to click the Entities button and then the Entities panel appears. Once there, you have to click on the Markers tab to access markers. Within are lights and spotlights.

Two things get me here - 1) clicking on Entities to get to Markers seems off to me and 2) I'd never think of looking in Markers to access lights.

Clicking on Entities to get to Markers just doesn't work, in my opinion. Markers are enough of a separate thing to have their own tab (as they do). Yet, the button we click to access them is only labeled as "Entities" on the main UI. You have to sort of stumble upon this (if you've not watched a video or read up on it) to find Markers from the main UI. And that means this is not intuitive. In my opinion, either there should be a separate button for Markers (from Entities) or the Entities button should be renamed to something that encompasses both Entities and Markers. I'm a big fan of being able to do as much as possible in a program as intuitively as possible. Hiding Markers within Entities is not, in my opinion, intuitive.

Secondly, I don't consider Lights to be markers. Sure, you are placing a "marker" to indicate where a light is. And, in retrospect, I think that makes some sense. However, most people coming at GameGuru MAX for the first time would be looking for something called "Lights" instead of "Markers" and I think it could frustrate them if lights are not easy to find (especially since they are such an essential part of map building). No other 3D editor I know, whether for games or for 3D modeling, calls "Lights" "Markers". Therefore, I think that Lights should be their own thing in the GameGuru MAX UI. In fact, it might be good to simply have a light bulb icon on the top toolbar and the end-user clicks it to access various lights and controls for those lights on the right-side panel (just like you do for the terrain tools, etc). So, this way, Lights are totally removed from the Markers panel and become a simple icon on the top toolbar.

Thoughts?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 13:25:35
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 13:25:35