Work In Progress / The Island (working title - name will change)

Author
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2017 01:12
bande dessinée noir means dark graphic novel. The english term must have slipped my mind when I wrote that so I inserted french ...? What was I thinking?
Anyway, I stated exactly what you are going for and that is what counts.
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 12th Sep 2017 09:05 Edited at: 12th Sep 2017 11:51
I have't done very much on this for a while, been busy with more and more modelling, learning more about blender and other software, but it's not dead, there may be a massive change of direction coming soon, which will force me to start from scratch.

I've been paying The Walking Dead the last few days and i've been inspired by its style, i like that it's mostly a story driven puzzle game, and i'm thinking of making The Island in that way.

I'm also running through some ideas for another WiP, a game without combat, it will be called "Paranormal Evidence", and you will play the role of a ghost hunter in a haunted location, it's pitch dark and "things" are happening around you, ie objects moving, shadows, even full apparitions, there will be audio, visual, and prompted clues to lure you to the activity.

Initially you will be armed with an EMF meter that shows lights and makes a clicking sound when you come into range of activity, the closer you are the more lights will be lit and the faster the clicks will be, when in evidence gathering range it will emit a shrill beep and light up the final light.

Imagine if you will, this in the corner of your screen (quick render in blender, will make sprites using it):

You will also have a camera, and a voice recorder, and when you are in range of the activity you have to choose which to use to capture the activity, if it's audio you just need to be close to the sounds location, choose the recorder and click the mouse button to record, if it's visual activity you choose the camera and aim it at the activity and click the mouse button.

The goal of the game is to capture as many of the paranormal events with your camera or voice recorder as you can before the morning. I've already got some rough plans for a scoreboard at the end of each level showing "current" and "best", using a system to save/load variables from file, and a rough idea of how the mechanics of the camera/recorder will be achieved.

Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 12th Sep 2017 23:45
Here's a quick video test of the scripting for the EMF meter in my new project (i'll create a new WiP thread when I have some ingame material other than hud items), when you get in a certain range of an "event" the first light comes on, and as you get closer more lights come on, I'm quite pleased with how it came out:

Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2017 00:17
That is very cool,lots of uses.First one that comes to mind is a mine detector,put a long arm on it and some sort of base and you have a mine detector.

Dave
Windows 10 Pro
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2017 04:29
This is shaping up great. You have really improved at level design, from the animated crane to the apartment which i must say looked awesome and now the harbor, which I can't wait to see when fully detailed, I am excited to see where this goes.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 16:58:37
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 16:58:37