Product Chat / Bug Fixing News

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2019 23:14
Quote: "Here is my current change log for the june beta, if you want to read what changed:"

Wow, that is a huge list, thanks Preben, i wish i had some experience so i could help you all but sadly i don't.
What i can do is start modeling again and expand the fixture folder with more assets for EBE and scenery of course.
This i'm going to start with next week, my upgraded system is nicely setup now.
Of course a thank you to everyone else who is helping with those bug fixes

There is one question which i have about the lightmapper, will it be able to support multi textured entities or will that not be possible?

Earthling45
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2019 23:16
Quote: "Now, where is the easy .fpe, .ini editors?\ + Documentation on settings as well?

I've been working on a bit of a FPE write up for some time. will be doing one for setup.ini soon as well:/

Its not 100% complete yet, but once it is, I'll make it a PDF
http://freetoronto.org/gameguru/tutorial_fpe.html"

I'll quote this so it isn't missed. i've added your web to my fav Teabone.
Ertlov
GameGuru BOTB Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2019 05:15
Quote: "@Ertlov : Can you post the links to the issues from the Issues Tracker that relate to the lighting bugs you are most interested in, thanks. Maybe start with your top three "

@LeeBamber - replied to your question on GitHub. Had to use another account for that.

https://github.com/TheGameCreators/GameGuruRepo/issues/555
"I am a road map, I will lead and you will follow, I will teach and you will learn, when you leave my sprint planning you will be weapons, focused and full of JIRA tickets, Hot Rod rocket development gods of precision and strength, terrorizing across the repository and hunting for github submits."
cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Cogwheel Chronicles
Posted: 26th Jun 2019 09:37
https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/220798?page=4#msg2617039

https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/220798?page=4#msg2617039

@Earthling45 - the lightmapper already works with multi texture assets though model needs to be setup correctly and the fpe.

Cheers
Earthling45
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2019 10:32
Ah, thanks Cybernescence.

About 8 month's ago i've imported a multi textured test model with the importer into GG and after lightmapping some PBR layers were lost.
I Will make a new testmodel after the update and set it up in the correct way through the FPE.

OldFlak
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2019 02:50 Edited at: 27th Jun 2019 08:35
Hi all
Just had a play with Build Standalone in latest build and it works great in my tests if it actually completes the build.

Have tried two builds so far, and in each case the first attempt gets stuck around 5 or 15 percent. Have to kill with Task Manager. Then second attempt will work. EDIT: so it seems to build ok if you don't take the focus away from the GG during the process
I have multiple monitors so must avoid sifting through emails while GG does its thing

Also since work is being done on this wouldn't it make sense to include the watermark image in the respective folders in the titlesbank\mygame\resfolders rather than having to overwrite the default GG ones in languagebank\english\artwork\watermark\watermark_images.

@Preben, don't you sleep at all? Amazing amount of work you are doing atm - thanks for your hard work

Reliquia....
aka OldFlak
i7-4790 @ 3.2GHz. 8GB Ram. NVidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB. M1: Acer 31.5" @1920x1080 M2: Samsung 31.5" @ 1920 x 1080. M3: Acer 24" @ 1920 x 1080. OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Insider.
PM
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
@reliquia Thanks , here is a video with your cube map issue.

Cube map video, also how to create your own (this also work in the current GameGuru Loader release):
To make a even better cubemap you should setup more light visuals ... this was just a quick test:

Commands used in video:
texassemble cube -y -w 512 -h 512 -o cubemap.dds 100013-1.png 100013-2.png 100013-3.png 100013-4.png 100013-5.png 100013-6.png
texconv -f R8G8B8A8_UNORM cubemap.dds

You can download the tools here:
https://github.com/Microsoft/DirectXTex/releases

Or use your favorite graphic program to sample the cubemap

Subscribe and checkout great GameGuru/AGK video's here: Videos click here
Latest GameGuru Loader news: News click here
Get GameGuru Loader PBR version here: Steam click here
best regards Preben Eriksen,
Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2019 19:40
Fantastic work, Preben! But will this functionality be coming to Game Guru itself at some point, or will we all have to buy GG Loader?

AE
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "will we all have to buy GG Loader? "

all GG loader is doing is automating the process of looking in each direction (6 directions = up, down, left, right, front, back) and saving a screenshot... you can do that yourself if you wish - though i highly recommend getting GG loader just to support preben
lua guide for GG
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=398177770
windows 10
i5 @4ghz, 8gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11
Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2019 20:34
Quote: "all GG loader is doing is automating the process of looking in each direction (6 directions = up, down, left, right, front, back) and saving a screenshot... you can do that yourself if you wish"

I have done so once or twice, it is laborious for sure!

Quote: "i highly recommend getting GG loader just to support preben "

The man's a saint, no doubt about it. But this is core functionality of a PBR workflow, it should have been in Game Guru vanilla since the DX11 switch. Plus, you're not just buying GG Loader are you? You've got to buy AGK as well, right when it's about to become obsolete thanks to AGKS. And I can't code for sith, so it would be wasted on me.

Please don't lock the best functionality behind code and external apps, that's not what Game Guru is about!

AE
cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2019 20:58
If you can wait until the Cogwheel mods are released and TGC want to include them then this will be available via a lua command - an environment probe that automatically updates the cube map GG uses as a default - this can fire with coordinates inside a building or where player is and can then reset to outdoor worldview as needed. It is used for specular reflection and with shader updates can also apply rudimentary IBL.

Cheers
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2019 21:06 Edited at: 27th Jun 2019 21:08
I would imagine that GG Loader will work in both versions of AGK. AGKS is actually the 3rd incarnation now. V1 was replaced with V2, but I imagine that won't be the case with the new version. The original may even be about for free now, there's definitely a free Rasberry Pi version.

AGKS looks nice, but I don't think it will make the current version obsolete, just adds the visual style elements and obviously has better 3D capabilities.

If GG has a way to capture an image then it should be easy enough to automate something like this in GG, but as far as I'm aware it does not have that feature.

Edit Perhaps it will be included in the future by the sounds of Cybernesence's post
SPECS: Ryzen 1700 CPU. Nvidia 970GTX. 16 Gig Memory. Win 10.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Is GG loader already incorporated into AGK Studio ?
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
OldFlak
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2019 22:40
@Preben, thanks for testing, great video

I have other cubes that work. Just curious: the floor of that model is a rubber material, so surely since the PBR maps is rubber, it should not be shiny, no matter how good or bad the cube is. Just curious

Reliquia....
aka OldFlak
i7-4790 @ 3.2GHz. 8GB Ram. NVidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB. M1: Acer 31.5" @1920x1080 M2: Samsung 31.5" @ 1920 x 1080. M3: Acer 24" @ 1920 x 1080. OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Insider.
PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Is GG loader already incorporated into AGK Studio ?"

Yes, agk studio is currently almost identical to the classic version.. anything that works with classic will work in studio already.
they just rebranded for the new interface and to allow the future version to include support for vulkan.

Quote: "AGKS looks nice, but I don't think it will make the current version obsolete"

Agk will become obsolete, why would they keep 2 products that can do the same job when one is better?

You should be able to tell lua to run command line to take a screen shot so technically it should be possible to automate the process within GG, though it's just a theory as I haven't looked into it, perhaps cyber can expand on his method
lua guide for GG
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=398177770
windows 10
i5 @4ghz, 8gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11
UNIRD12B
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2019 03:23 Edited at: 3rd Jul 2019 13:58
FIxed

Anybody else have this happen ?
Since update Beta June 28b
...When you jump in the water now
you sink right to the bottom ...and not slowly ,
but almost instantaneously. ...

Yes ? No ?

Thx

UNIRD12B
Let\'s actually make something happen with this one !
Flatlander
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2019 03:35
Yes, it happens to me as well. Pretty fast. I can't press the spacebar key fast enough.
I do know that the global.lua had been updated. Hopefully one can fix it through lua but I wouldn't be sure of that.
Alienware Aurora R7 with SSD 256GB boot drive ( C: ) and a secondary drive ( D: ) that is 2TB
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.19 with Intel Turbo-burst
Installed RAM 16.0 GB
64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Windows 10 Home
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 with 8192 MB GDDR5 and 8095 MB shared system memory
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
@reliquia:
The shiny you see is from the sun, if you dont use the lightmapper you can now also use the "Sun Surface Factor" slider to remove any light effect from the sun only.

@UNIRD12B , Flatlander:
This has always been there its from the physics "fallspeed" that dont get slowed down when hitting the water.

I can change the physics below water to a bit less gravity and less "fallspeed", this will slow down the fall when you hit the water.

I will commit this to github so after you tried it, let me know if you want to approve or remove

@Avenging Eagle:
We are all waiting for cybernescence Cogwheel mods, to not only add this but tons of cool stuff ( i cant wait , and thanks cybernescence ).

cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2019 13:09
Quote: "perhaps cyber can expand on his method"

GG already creates a cube map for the PBR by positioning a camera and taking the required 6 shots and placing these into a direct X cubemap. This is accessed via the apbr_ shaders to give reflections of the terrain (can see this in very shiny PBR entities).

So I updated this process so that a lua command could call an amended version of this existing process. You can sepcify the world position of where the cubemap is taken and also if entities or just terrain is captured. This then allows an 'environment probe' to be placed inside of buildings or outdoors etc and the cubemap can refresh automatically. So for example could place this in the tunnel of the video above and it would refresh the stock cubemap in use automatically, providing interior reflections as and when needed.

The other aspect that took a lot of change/testing to shaders and the cubemap lighting approach was to also use the created cubemap as a source of indirect light for diffuse. This use the mipmaps of the cube map to approximate light and it is added to the scene based on the normals of the assets in the scene. It is a basic approach compared to to other engines, but is a start . It looks surprisingly OK, the interiors of buildings or the skybox in use then applies a lot of general illumination of the appropriate color to the scene.

@Preben - I see the water transparency update has been regressed - is there anyway to get best of both worlds, so decals render where they should but also transparent objects that cut across the water line also render above and below? I've been trying to fix without any success

Cheers.
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
@cybernescence , yes i made a "comment" write about it in the next commit , we need a artist way to control the render order for transparent objects that are both above and below at the same time , and we need vegetation to render before the water to be able to have underwater vegetation , so i need to add a new flag to objects , so this can be controlled.
cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2019 16:08
Ok thanks Preben, appreciate the updates you and Lee are making.

Cheers.
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
@cybernescence: Thanks.

Underwater vegetation is now possible, please give it a good test (just in case)

https://github.com/TheGameCreators/GameGuruRepo/pull/567

DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
@smallg. I mean that it will still be useful. Just because development has stopped on it, doesn't stop it working I would think TGC would drop it's price when AGKs is released. That way people may try the cheaper version and then move on to AGKs if they prefer the look of the visual elements. I wrote this the other day to aid in my retro programming spree

I've now remembered how little you can draw in an 8x8 block.
SPECS: Ryzen 1700 CPU. Nvidia 970GTX. 16 Gig Memory. Win 10.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2019 14:41
@Preben - looking good, splashes from guns are back, transparent objects visible from below and above water line, including grass.

Many thanks
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
@cybernescence Yes what actually tricked me was that it have never really worked, as the distance from the water plane was used (0,600,0) and normally that would add an additional 25000 to the distance calc (camera is default in center of level).
so below water was never triggered, unless you had your objects 25000 away from the camera, or made your level at (0,600,0).
It now makes sense

Anyway i dont know many that have underwater swimming ... so how do the new fall speed slow down when hitting water and the new gravity below water work for you ?
(i made the gravity pretty subtle as i was afraid to ruin any current swimming script, also mainly the fall speed has a impact here, but it looked ok to me).
m2design
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2019 23:31 Edited at: 30th Jun 2019 23:33
@Preben
When we press F11 and get a list of the elements that we can disable/enable, does this list (1 thru 9) also reflect the order in which images are processed?. Perhaps, if so, maybe we could use an element (Item 10) just for transparent parts of objects that would render last, such as windows in buildings.
I suspect this might sound dumb but one never knows unless ask.

Side note: You are doing a great job....

Windows 10 creator,64 bit| Intel i7-7700 @3.60GHZ Quad|CPU PASSMARK 10,794|Memory 16GB |NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1070|GPU PASSMARK 11,071
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
m2design: I dont really know what feature you like ? , 9=Entity that also include transparent objects ?
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2019 13:08
@ Preben
Thanks very much for all hard work you do.

Just as question, is it too hard to apply alt texture as new feature, it may help a lot.
Thanks in advance.
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics
cpu mark: 10396.6
2d graphics mark: 947.9
3d graphics mark: 8310.9
memory mark 2584.8
Disk mark: 1146.3
Passmark rating: 3662.4

PM
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
@3com: do you mean like fpsc "alttexture=" , and then a way to use it in lua ?
If so just go to GitHub and suggest it as a new feature
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2019 16:04
I put the alt texture request up a while ago. It was marked as enhancement.
It is on github already.
RIP
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

New:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8400 CPU @ 2.81GHz, 12GB RAM, Nvidia gtx1050ti 4gb, Windows 10 Home 64bit, Screen resolution 1920 x 1080. System Passmark 3774

GubbyBlips
Years of Service
User Offline
:--:--:--:--:--:--:--:--:--:-:--:--:--:--:--:--:--:--:--:-:--:--:--:--:--:--:--:--:--:-:--:--:--:--:--:--:--:--:--:
Posted elsewhere (Hope it's okay to post again here...)
:--:--:--:--:--:--:--:--:--:-:--:--:--:--:--:--:--:--:--:-:--:--:--:--:--:--:--:--:--:-:--:--:--:--:--:--:--:--:--:

Preben, Lee, or whoever...
Gravity control (scripted) in GG seems to be broken. I don't know if it actually triggers
any response when these functions are called? SetGamePlayerControlGravityActive(0)
I have a simple flying script (player) that is complete, except for the fact that
there is no easy way to transfer from flying mode to standard walking and jumping
physics mode. ((Meaning there really IS an easy way, but with the broken gravity,
there is irrational behavior from the level.)) User would have to set player properties
to gravity = LOW, or under 100 for it to work satisfactory, but of course then there
is basically no gravity in "normal" mode.

Also there is a bouncing off the ground effect that shouldn't be there.
Anybody think this could be figured out easily enough? Or-- is it just one of those
things (physics is pre-computed@ AI) or something.
But this should just call to the player only, (just turn player gravity off) so..... ?

I tried to post this to Github, but it wouldn't for some reason approve my password!
PM
cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2019 16:28
Quote: "Anyway i dont know many that have underwater swimming ... so how do the new fall speed slow down when hitting water and the new gravity below water work for you ?"

I didn't use gravity underwater as was too severe (used explicit buoyancy via set position calcs), but I have now changed and the new fall rate seems fine - so that's great.

Cheers.

3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2019 18:06 Edited at: 1st Jul 2019 18:09
Quote: "do you mean like fpsc "alttexture=" , and then a way to use it in lua ?
If so just go to GitHub and suggest it as a new feature"

Yes, that`s right.
Mike already point to, on GitHub.
It is quite necessary for sake of reliability in game, ie: is raining in outdoor scene, people getting wet with rain, but their clothes are not wet; or suddenly it starts to snow, but the houses do not have snow, the characters that take part in the scene either, and like this many more similar situations. Third person is getting shots, but his clothes do not have blood, it is not credible.

memory mark 2584.8

PM
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2019 18:10
@ cyber
Well done mate.

memory mark 2584.8

PM
Loretta
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Generation Zero; Skyrim SE , Fallout 4, In VR- Pistol Whip,
Posted: 1st Jul 2019 19:56
Curious... are we going to be getting an update to the Public Preview soon?
I thought it was going to be released in June.
I am still seeing March Fixer.

Thanks for all the work!
Hoping to see it soon!

ASUS ROG G20- Desktop Intel Core i7-6700 -3.4Ghz - 16GB Memory - GeForce GTX 1070 8GB - Windows 10 64bit
Alienware M15 Laptop i7-8750H, GTX 1070 Max Q
Steam Name: Technodweeb
VR : Samsung Hmd Odyssey WMR and 2 Oculus Gos
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2019 21:28 Edited at: 1st Jul 2019 21:29
ok, so if you want your hands on the latest June Beta, either compile the github open source using Visual Studio or send email to Lee and request access to the beta version. If you don't want to do either of those, you will need to wait till it's all been tested and released on steam as the latest public preview.
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, C#, VB, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; 12GB.
UNIRD12B
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2019 23:40 Edited at: 1st Jul 2019 23:41
Read this from Game guru github......today

PUBLICPREVIEW beta build version

master
LeeBamberTGC
LeeBamberTGC committed 9 hours ago
1 parent c7ac546 commit c00e9d8261f510e3a11a06f56d4a40a6dc254c89
Showing with 1 addition and 1 deletion.
2 GameGuru/version.ini
@@ -1 +1 @@
2019.06.28B - June Update BETA
2019.07.01 - July Update
0 comments on commit c00e9d8
Let\'s actually make something happen with this one !
Loretta
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2019 04:44
Thanks for the Info.
ASUS ROG G20- Desktop Intel Core i7-6700 -3.4Ghz - 16GB Memory - GeForce GTX 1070 8GB - Windows 10 64bit
PM
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2019 15:23
Yes, just a few more hours of beta build testing and then we will release a Public Preview build for you to try. Remember to back-up your projects today, just in case you are defaulted to the PP build on Steam and bad things happen. With any change, there is always a risk! It turned out to be quite a big update, and it does feel nice knocking those long-standing bug reports on the head
PC SPECS: Windows 10 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700K, NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1080 GPU, 16GB SYSTEM RAM

MadLad Designs
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2019 18:33
Hope you put up a changelog here, I don't use Github.
Check out my YouTube Gaming Channel: /user/MadLadDesigns
W10 Home 64-bit, Intel i3-7100 dual-core 3.90GHz, nVidia GTX1050 4Gb, 8Gb ram
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2019 19:06
Fear not, a full description of the changes will be included in the announcement. Out of curiosity (and bear in mind I loathe duplicating content across multiple sites creating the possibility of 'older' versions to go unmaintained), how would you like 'update change log' presented if not through the viciously detailed commit logs of GitHub?
PC SPECS: Windows 10 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700K, NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1080 GPU, 16GB SYSTEM RAM

MadLad Designs
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2019 20:21
Maybe in the 'News' section on Steam?
Check out my YouTube Gaming Channel: /user/MadLadDesigns
W10 Home 64-bit, Intel i3-7100 dual-core 3.90GHz, nVidia GTX1050 4Gb, 8Gb ram
Loretta
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2019 21:42
Thank you so much Lee!
Christmas it July!
PM
OldFlak
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2019 23:13 Edited at: 2nd Jul 2019 23:15
Quote: "Maybe in the 'News' section on Steam?"

Never visit Steam, and rarely open the client at all except to verify installation - its is simply another layer when launching Game Guru.

Perhaps a nice new stickied change-log\news section here on the forums, or keep it in the news letter like the current one which is just fine

Reliquia....
aka OldFlak
PM
Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2019 19:55
maybe in the changelog.txt in the gameguru folder, then it is updated regular.
Aftershock Quad Core AMD FM2+ 3.5 GHz 8GB Motherboard and Processor, A7700k apu, Asus GT970 STRIX 4gb Nvidia gfx card.
King Korg Synth, Alesis SR18 Drum Machine, Akai MPX8 sample player, Roland Fantom XA Synth, Axus Digital AXK2 Digital Drum Kit, Novation Ultranova Synth, Waldorf Blofeld Synth, Roland D05 Synth Module, Bluedio Victory V Headphones, AKG K141 Studio Headphones, Lenovo Ideapad, with Windows 10 64bit, 8Gb Ram and AMD A10 7th Gen Graphics. Acer Swift i3 Laptop with Intel Optane memory, Intel 620UHD GPU, Windows 10 64bit.
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2019 20:18
Quote: " how would you like 'update change log' presented if not through the viciously detailed commit logs of GitHub?"
H
Here, like before. Not steam fan so much.

memory mark 2584.8

PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 09:56:41
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 09:56:41