Third Party Tools / Mixamo Fuse & Animer character importing.

Author
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2016 12:01 Edited at: 27th Apr 2016 12:02
Hi guys,

there is someone who import a Mixamo character to animer and match the animations right?

I made some tries to match a Mixamo character to Masked Soldier from game guru, but I am doing something wrong in the final result.

thanks for the helpers.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2016 12:18
try my video links:

https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/213033#msg2526592

Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; LG TFT monitor (widescreen). Wanting a new PC at some point.
Interests: Drumming, Saxophone, Art, Theatre, Music.
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 27th Apr 2016 12:41
I gave up trying to do this, I have the basic principle down fine, I can get the animations transferred and have a semi-working character in gameguru using these methods, but the problem I have is I just can't seem to get the position of the arms and legs right, no matter what I do the hands end up clipping and the arms bisect the body.

Instead i'm working on my own set of animations to closely match gameguru ones, then importing that into gameguru and editing the animation frames into the fpe.

i7, NV960 4GB, 16GB memory, 2x 4TB Hybrid, Win10.
i5 , AMD 6770 1GB, 8GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAIII + 2TB Seagate Baracuda SATAIII, Win7.
i3, Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 512gB Generic SATAII, Win8.1.
Q6600, Intel integrated graphics, 2GB memory, 180GB Generic SATAII, WinXP.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2016 17:21 Edited at: 27th Apr 2016 17:22
was digging through my external hard drive and managed to dig out just some the mixamo characters I imported into GameGuru middle of last year as characters and 3rd person characters. here is a small pic (the butler is not a mixamo character).
All I have to do is refresh my memory on how I did it using my videos as reference, GameGuru has changed quite a bit since then so may be a wee bit outta date but should work.
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; LG TFT monitor (widescreen). Wanting a new PC at some point.

Attachments

Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2016 17:33
I was trying to get my policeman working over the weekend for partimecoder, but I just can't get the pose right for the masked and uber soldier animations, he ends up with his wrists crossed when he tries to use a pistol

i5 , AMD 6770 1GB, 8GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAIII + 2TB Seagate Baracuda SATAIII, Win7.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2016 17:55 Edited at: 27th Apr 2016 17:56
when legs or arms get crossed is usually because the models are not using the same "handedness" system and/or the limbs were not linked correctly. Last night I loaded both models into Fragmotion and exported out with "flip handedness" ticked/checked.
Will do a video soon after I do a bit of testing and refreshing of the memory
Peri
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi @ Bored of the Rings I followed your videos before and I tried to contact you in YouTube to ask but there is no where to do it

I glad I found you here

can you tell me your steps in Mixamo did you changed anything in the skeleton setting?

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2016 14:09
there seems to be quite a few threads to do with maximo import, so I will be putting up a video (as soon as I record it) onto these boards.
Peri
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks, your videos are really good I follow them.
Rafhalzer
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2016 18:51
@Belidos

The current GG characters are not compatible with Mixamo characters because they have zeroed rotations of bones.
The last edition of FPSC Reloaded with the good characters was 1.85. From 1.90 edition the characters are bad for import animations to Fuse Mixamo characters.
If you use Animer and "Import Animations from DirectX or DBO File" command, don't use Masked Soldier.X from current edition of GG but from edition 1.85 or earlier of FPSC Reloaded. First open and save it in Mender.

If you want to import GG animations to characters from old FPSC model packs, use "Import Animations from Reloaded Character" command and Masked Soldier.X from 1.85 edition. In this case, use the original file - don't use Mender because it changes the order of bones.

If the Moderator agrees I can put a link to Masked Soldier.X from 1.85 edition.
ANIMER - Character Animations Editor.

Edit and create your own animations of FPSC characters.

Supports DirectX and DBO formats.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2016 08:57
link location for tutorial is from here :

https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/215341#msg2547996
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2016 09:12
Quote: "@Belidos

The current GG characters are not compatible with Mixamo characters because they have zeroed rotations of bones.
The last edition of FPSC Reloaded with the good characters was 1.85. From 1.90 edition the characters are bad for import animations to Fuse Mixamo characters.
If you use Animer and "Import Animations from DirectX or DBO File" command, don't use Masked Soldier.X from current edition of GG but from edition 1.85 or earlier of FPSC Reloaded. First open and save it in Mender.

If you want to import GG animations to characters from old FPSC model packs, use "Import Animations from Reloaded Character" command and Masked Soldier.X from 1.85 edition. In this case, use the original file - don't use Mender because it changes the order of bones.

If the Moderator agrees I can put a link to Masked Soldier.X from 1.85 edition"

I have no problem using the current masked soldier models animations, it's not the animations that are the issue, it's my ability to rotate and move the limbs into the correct position for the default pose, I just can't get them to line up right, nothing wrong with the models or animer, just me not being able to do it.

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2016 09:34
these are my old pose settings for Animer:

Character T-Pose Settings for Animer2.2

R_UpperArm R-ForeArm R_Hand
X=-28 X= X=
Y=-18 Y=-47 Y=24
Z=-49 Z= Z=

L_UpperArm L-ForeArm L_Hand
X=28 X= X=
Y=-18 Y=-47 Y=24
Z=49 Z=

For the blank settings above, I think I just used the same as the first column i.e. X=-28 then same for R-Forearm etc.

Although in my vid tutorials if you use Student edition of 3DS max or have any version of 3DS max then you won't need to worry about pose setttings as the AutoBiped script that gets run in 3DS max does it all for you. Also, FIRESPOT and animation merging now done in Fragmotion, 1.34 version preferably.

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2016 11:56
just in case here is the link to the mixamo to gameguru tutorial video:

https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/215341?page=2#msg2548117
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2016 15:47
Quote: "just in case here is the link to the mixamo to gameguru tutorial video:"

Video marked private.
AMD Phenom x4 9850 2.58 Ghz , 6 gb ram, 2GB EVGA Geforce GTX 750, Win 10 x64

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2016 17:15
should be ok now
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2016 19:29
Got to watch part 1 then it and part 2 went private again.

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2016 19:39
should be ok again now, was trying to get settings right....
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2016 02:21 Edited at: 7th May 2016 03:22
I did the Gatrilion wizard as 3rd person wonderfully, no problems. Now I am trying another Mixamo character Vampire a lusth, the character is OK in guru, But, the gun points towards his head. I used the same Firespot cords, as with third person Char. Any advice BOTR? Oh, using fragmotion 1.34 rather than animer.

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2016 07:01 Edited at: 7th May 2016 08:59
@MX83-I'll have a look-For the FIRESPOT limb, are the rotation coords correct in FM for that limb? I'll have a try with that character, see if I get the same result.

[update-works ok using same steps in video]
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2016 09:50 Edited at: 7th May 2016 10:45
for fingers, please note that if you don't want to use the autobiped script that the default fingers should link to the following corresponding GG fingers:

Mixamo: GameGuru:
LeftHandMiddle1 = L_Finger2 (middle finger)
LeftHandThumb1 = L_Finger0 (Thumb)
LeftHandIndex1 = L_Finger1 (fore finger - next to thumb)
LeftHandRing1 = L_Finger3 (Index finger)
LeftHandPinky1 = L_Finger4 (little finger)

And same for right hand fingers.

I also found the merging of animations in Fragmotion not ideal when you don't run the autobiped script in max, but Animer comes in handy here and need to put both the wizard.X and <mixamo character name>.X through mender then merge anims. I still added the FIRESPOT in Fragmotion though but after Animer animation merging had to yet again correct the FIRESPOT limb in Fragmotion (UGH). [update-actually redoing the FIRESPOT in FM didn;t make any difference-I think I'm gonna give up on characters far too complicated!!]
What a pain. Next step is to attempt merging the Death anim that I downloaded from Mixamo website onto my Gatrilian wizard character.

Attachments

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2016 13:01 Edited at: 7th May 2016 14:53
Vampire A Lusth video :

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2016 14:55
link to Gatriian Wizard video showing "die" anim frames in GG as NPC:

https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/215341?page=2#msg2548628
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2016 15:23
Quote: "@MX83-I'll have a look-For the FIRESPOT limb, are the rotation coords correct in FM for that limb? I'll have a try with that character, see if I get the same result.

[update-works ok using same steps in video]"

I have Vampire working with TP. Did you get him to work FP with a gun using 1.85 masked soldier.x?

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2016 19:10
I'll give him a try, should be ok but you never know.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2016 19:51 Edited at: 7th May 2016 19:56
seems ok->check the vampire FIRESPOT xyz pos/rotation coords match the Masked Soldier 1.85 in Fragmotion/Animer. Also, the L_Finger2/R_Finger2 should be linked to the L_Finger0/R_Finger0 of the masked soldier 1.85.

Attachments

Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2016 22:17
Yay, I've finally gotten a mixamo "modern" weapon character into GameGuru without having crossed arms

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2016 22:32
awesome, well done
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2016 23:45
Quote: "awesome, well done "

I kind of cheated, I gave up trying to merge animations, I just put my own in instead. Still some issues though, for some reason the character spawns in the death pose, not sure why, I've got the first anim set as the idle anim which works fine, but it always spawns laying down.

Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2016 23:39
I've worked it out, it's because I left csi_unarmed1 and csi_unarmed2 blank, without them it seems to revert to the last frame of the animation set, so I put the idle in them and now it works.

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2016 11:15 Edited at: 14th May 2016 11:16
Now here's a guy that knows what he is talking about, recommend reading/downloading the threads/videos respectively; this will help immensely. Thanks again Stab In The Dark Software for filling me in with knowledge about Fragmotion I had no idea about

https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/214548#msg2540536
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2016 15:10
@BOTR, awesome info, also thanks for the vids on autodesk character. I didn't
even know that program existed. The fps is a little higher with autodesk chars.

PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 00:10:33
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 00:10:33