Product Chat / Creating a third person game? With your own character?

Author
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2016 22:58
Thanks smallg for filling my request for the edit....
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 30th Apr 2016 00:10 Edited at: 30th Apr 2016 00:11
SUCCESS!!!

Just waiting for part two of boreds video tutorial now so the master can teach me how to add the FIRESPOT

i7, NV960 4GB, 16GB memory, 2x 4TB Hybrid, Win10.
i5 , AMD 6770 1GB, 8GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAIII + 2TB Seagate Baracuda SATAIII, Win7.
i3, Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 512gB Generic SATAII, Win8.1.
Q6600, Intel integrated graphics, 2GB memory, 180GB Generic SATAII, WinXP.
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2016 01:01
Looks great! A cop with super powers!
MAME Cab PC: i7 4770@3.4Ghz (passmark 9945), 12GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX645 (passmark 1898); Shiny new laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz (passmark 8586), 16GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX870M (passmark 3598); Old laptop: i5@2.3Ghz, 8GB RAM, Win 7/64, Intel 3000 graphics
PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
the cop's movement reminds me of an ape but grats on getting it working
lua guide for GG
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=398177770
windows 10
i5 @4ghz, 8gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11
0Alemar0
Years of Service
User Offline
nice thread! thats what I was looking for to move forward with my project. you can see in my post :
https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/212170
I got my character work importing the wizard.x in UU3D, exporting to fbx, and after this , just merge the animation in 3DExchange... export in fbx, importing at UU3D again and export to .x.... work perfect. My problem now is that my character canĀ“t die ... kkkk could you point me a tutorial to show me how can I prepare the charachter to ragdol in a modeling program or just use an animation when he dies?
www.alemargames.com
Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2016 05:53
@0Alemar0 - this video from Bond1 shows how to do it in 3ds max. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1D2zWMnI1M
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2016 06:16 Edited at: 30th Apr 2016 06:24
Great job Belidos

@0Alemar0-I'll have to try UU3D-I'm guessing that's Ultimate Unwrapper 3D-I have that somewhere but only the demo. Thanks for the tip.
I'm currently working on the "Death" animation, which for the Gatrilian wizard I've downloaded the "Dying" animation from Mixamo website.

The Part II video will be uploaded shortly as it took a while to convert and needed some sleep.

You can also use old FPSC characters and convert them to GG animated characters or use the original animations and configure the FPE, I'll see if I still have some on my external drive, it's been a while.
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; LG TFT monitor (widescreen). Wanting a new PC at some point.
Interests: Drumming, Saxophone, Art, Theatre, Music.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2016 06:29
Here is Part II showing how to get the Gatrilian Wizard (or any Mixamo character) imported into GameGuru using the GameGuru Wizard Animations. The next video will be on how to use the Masked Soldier anims and I'll also attempt the huge Uber Soldier anims too.
Let me know if there are any applications you need or can't find if you don't have them and I will upload the free ones if permissable or point you in the right direction where you can obtain them. Enjoy the vid I'm off for a coffee

Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; LG TFT monitor (widescreen). Wanting a new PC at some point.
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2016 06:40
Over the years, UU3D (I have the 2.0, non-pro version, and it's very old) has been the most reliable program in the way of conversion between most common file formats. In my opinion, it's worth the price if you only use it for that. Actually, that's pretty much all I use it for anymore. It's not always perfect, but what program is when it comes to conversion?
MAME Cab PC: i7 4770@3.4Ghz (passmark 9945), 12GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX645 (passmark 1898); Shiny new laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz (passmark 8586), 16GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX870M (passmark 3598); Old laptop: i5@2.3Ghz, 8GB RAM, Win 7/64, Intel 3000 graphics
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2016 07:00
Thanks Jerry, this is true about most programs, there is always something missing from each and every one of them that doesn't quite do what you want it to do. I'll have to turn my UU3D demo into a full copy and have a play with that, it's been sitting on my drive for months and never thought about using it for this. There is also Okino Polytrans but never tried it fully.

If anyone is interested I can do more videos on how to do other stuff. If anyone would like to see something more specific, please feel free to give me shout, not too loudly my ears may burn
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2016 09:48
I've noticed for some Mixamo characters, the scaling can be off and therefore come out rather large. I tried in 3DS max to change the units but get saggy mesh. So, I did the rescaling in Fragmotion by loading in the GameGuru/FPSCR1.85 .X file into another Fragmotion session and selection transform option to see the scaling XYZ factors. Also, som Mixamo chars come out deformed when running the Autobiped script, so you may need to do some figuring out when it comes to limb linking for animation merging
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2016 11:54
here is a link to the meshview.exe program if anyone needs it which is on the gamecreators.com website.

https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/141442#msg1648520
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2016 13:09
Thanks Mike, that all worked perfectly for me, I no have two characters animated with the wizard animations.

I'm looking forward to the masked soldier video now, I've tried but had no luck with masked soldier, every time I've tried using the masked soldier animations in fragmotion the character has literally been folded in half with his feet up by his head LOL

i5 , AMD 6770 1GB, 8GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAIII + 2TB Seagate Baracuda SATAIII, Win7.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2016 14:11 Edited at: 30th Apr 2016 14:12
@Belidos-glad it worked ok for you. For the masked soldier, don't use the GameGuru Masked Soldier .X file as it's not compatible. If you have it, you should use FPSC Reloaded 1.85 version of the .X files. if permissable I can upload it here, if someone can verify that's ok.
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2016 14:30
Yeah, I don't have the FPSCR one Would be great if someone could upload it, or email it to me. I don't see why you shouldn't be able to as it is part f the base models for GameGuru and anyone using it would own it anyway.

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2016 14:51 Edited at: 30th Apr 2016 22:03
here is the masked soldier .X file FPSCR reloaded 1.85:

[update-model removed]

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2016 15:22
Cheers Bored, that makes a difference, my characters aren't folded in half now, but it still has issues, all the characters I've put through it end up with their wrists crossed when aiming a gunning, I have no idea what to do to fix it.

seppgirty
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2016 18:05
Why does the 3rd person only have a staff weapon? Does this all have to be fixed by Lee by hard coding in the engine? I really don't want to invest money into guru packs right now if i have to wait (possibly 2 years?) for full 3rd person.(sigh...)
gamer, lover, filmmaker
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2016 18:26
At the moment the only weapon that works in 3rd person is the staff, it's something to do with the way the projectile fires, which is hard coded. You can create 3rd person characters with other weapons, however because of the way the projectiles are coded what happens is if you fire while running you end up moving faster than the projectile and shooting yourself. All weapons in 3rd person is something that is in the feature vote list and will be done when enough people vote for it.

rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2016 21:33 Edited at: 30th Apr 2016 21:47
I would remove the model it isn't for re-distribution. Never distribute anything you didn't make yourself without the authors permission and never assume it's ok because you think everyone owns it anyhow, this is an open forum.

Just an aside and I know I said this many times, but the winged demons will work as third person without running it through a half dozen apps, something cool about flying third person character. You can equip with the wizard staff and make it invisible, it would look daft with an uzi anyhow. Equip with a hidden jet pack to fly higher.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2016 22:04
model now removed.
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks, you are one of those users I would hate to lose around here
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2016 23:20
Quote: "Just an aside and I know I said this many times, but the winged demons will work as third person without running it through a half dozen apps, something cool about flying third person character. You can equip with the wizard staff and make it invisible, it would look daft with an uzi anyhow. Equip with a hidden jet pack to fly higher."

That's good to know, although a lot of people have reported that the winged demons cause severe fps drop, apparently it's something to do with the bones, it having extra ones or something.

0Alemar0
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2016 04:03 Edited at: 1st May 2016 06:17
Gtox
Thank you again my friend!!
well I think Lee should look for this and try polish the 3th person a bit ,for while, looks this is not a priority...
www.alemargames.com
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2016 10:08
Yes, used the winged demons last year for third person, they really are excellent characters and very good in 3rd person and probably one of my favourites. Would love to find time to make a game for them.

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2016 20:50
some of the viral outbreak models made good 3rd person characters last year...totally forgot about these as well as the egyptian characters such as Minos and Anubis.... I did those using Animer....

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2016 14:03
I've got the wizard animations working perfectly now. But with the Masked Soldier ones i'm still having issues. I can get them in and working on a character no problem, the problem is though even with the old version of the Masked Soldier anims i'm getting crossed wrists on the characters, I've tried various different things, including flipping he handedness as recommended by someone else, but it's still the same, the wrists cross when holding a pistol.

Anyone got any tips on how I can fix that?

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2016 14:45
@belidos-I get the same result, Ill have a look when I get some time.
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2016 14:56
Ah great, so it's not really me making some huge mistake then.

Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2016 22:46 Edited at: 6th May 2016 09:59
Took a break from adding animations to characters and tried something for fun ...

This was done using a program called Reallusion CrazyTalk 7 (free in issue 340 of Compute Shopper), you import a still image into CrazyTalk, mark some points for the mouth, eyes, noose and shape of the head, then choose a voice (you can use built in voice recording, audio files, or text to speech to make your own), and it automatically animates the head to talk, which you can then save as a video file.

Obviously the above was a quick attempt to see how it looks so it's a little tacky, I used a single screenshot for it so when it animates it stretches and warps the background.

However it accepts transparent images and a second image for a background, so what I plan to do is to take a screen shot of the character, remove and make transparent the background in GIMP and save that, then take another screenshot of the same location without the character and save that for the background, combine them with a voice in CrazyTalk and save it out as a video file.

Est voila, I now have an animated cut scene of the character talking to me

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2016 12:39 Edited at: 7th May 2016 14:51
Really good that, I managed to get copy of the software, will try it out soon.

Also managed to get the dying animation frames in for the Gatrilian alternative wizard (NPC). Video converting will upload soon as.

[update-video link->]

MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2016 15:37
Collisionmode=21 is for characters.
AMD Phenom x4 9850 2.58 Ghz , 6 gb ram, 2GB EVGA Geforce GTX 750, Win 10 x64

PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 10:48:47
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 10:48:47