3rd Party Models/Media Chat / [Video Tutorial] Mixamo Fuse 1.3 models into GameGuru without having to mess with Skeletons -alternative method

Author
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2015 19:27 Edited at: 14th Oct 2015 08:23
Sorry to all, I was hasty removing the YT links as I wasn't happy with some of them (even though they work) and wanted to improve/update them.
links are below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_1cKJWeh-k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CC8Zec4bHOo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SJAeJ7GgOM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61atZjO22fs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guVLL8AKgco

You can also google them or do a search on YT, something like 'GameGuru Mixamo' and they usually show up.
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS, C++, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Darkbasic Pro, Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; LG TFT monitor (widescreen).
Interests: Drumming, Saxophone, Art, Theatre, Music.
snowdog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2015 01:41
Thanks for this! Am definitely going to have to check out Mixamo Fuse.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2015 07:36 Edited at: 16th Aug 2015 10:41
@snowdog - no problem at all I hope it has helped.

Also, although I use Animer/Autodesk, you could also try your favourite tools to do same process as long you can import animations and export to directX it should work. I have attached another video to my original post regarding animations as you can actually download 1 free animation (so pick carefully ha).

With Fragmotion (if you use it), FBX files will not import as you get an error and also animations don't seem to come out right after importing and attaching the limbs (probably me or the software or both).

You can also apply the same or similar steps with the Autodesk Character Generator [update-- and also the MakeHuman characters], as the skeletal structure is a bit different it can be a little trickier and if not done right can have odd results. At the moment for one the chars I generated parts of the texture come out transparent and he walks kinda funny so I need to play around a bit more to see how I can fix some if the issues I have.

If anyone has any question related to this thread then please feel free to ask and I will try to help.
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS, C++, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Darkbasic Pro, Purebasic, others
cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Cogwheel Chronicles
Posted: 15th Aug 2015 12:55
Thanks Bored of the Rings - I'm going to give this a try now but will have to find a different step to replace the 3DS stage, perhaps Blender.

Great tutorial !
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2015 15:29 Edited at: 15th Aug 2015 15:32
@cybernescence - no 3ds step only fbx to directx- unless you meant 3ds max ? Yes I believe you could probably use blender to convert the fbx to directx format I will try it and see if it exports correctly
cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2015 15:51
Yep I meant max. So far not having much luck with blender for this stage - the rigging doesn't seem to export properly (though not a blender expert so may be missing something).

Think I'll have a go with your other tutorial and see if I can find a work-flow that works for what tools I have available.

Much appreciate the sharing of your results - thanks.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2015 16:02 Edited at: 15th Aug 2015 16:11
Maybe try open3dmod app, that program can import fbx and export to directx in fact I use open 3d to compare skeleton setups the only problem I found was that it sometimes crashes on export
cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2015 22:21
Thanks - tried open3dmod, but as you mentioned, it crashes a lot on export - couldn't get any fuse character out to x.

After 5 hours or so I think I've given up - seems like max is needed as a crucial step, bit of a shame as some of the characters that can be created are really useful looking and the auto-rigging is simple using mixamo. Maybe a blender expert can have a go some time.

Cheers.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2015 07:47
@cybernescence-Yes I also had no luck with open3dmod/blender. I'm looking for an alternative so that users don't have to use 3ds max currently nothing else seems to work. I will also check that my FBX is up-to-date in 3DS max, as I'm not sure what version FBX Fragmotion/open3dmod likes when importing. I will also try out other formats that you can download from the Mixamo website and see what happens.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2015 09:01 Edited at: 17th Aug 2015 09:10
shortly will be adding 2 more more short vids to my first post above that may help with limb mapping in Animer and also the free animation pack that you can download from Mixamo website. excuse my voice had a bit of a dry throat when recording
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2015 10:08 Edited at: 23rd Aug 2015 10:37
The gang so far (all animated, all 3rd person at the moment)...now back to LUA for a while:
I've also made updates to my first thread that may also help.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "The gang so far (all animated, all 3rd person at the moment)...now back to LUA for a while:
I've also made updates to my first thread that may also help."

Impressive stuff you have there ... Great work
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2015 13:57 Edited at: 23rd Aug 2015 13:59
thanks synchromesh all I need now is to figure out the weapon system so I can attempt to create more TPV weapons..... but that will have to wait have a load of scripting to do
cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2015 14:18
Well done, they look great, and again, thanks for sharing the process.

Cheers.
seppgirty
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2015 14:27 Edited at: 23rd Aug 2015 14:32
I have opened the max character generator fbx in truespace 7.6 using Clintons fbx import/export plug in. Not sure if you want to try this in your pipeline.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRTebCa1Mkw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-r63DDv0GM
gamer, lover, filmmaker
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2015 14:33 Edited at: 23rd Aug 2015 17:36
@seppgirty-thanks for the tip and YT links, I'll reinstall TS7.6beta8. very much appreciated, will give it a try.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "thanks synchromesh all I need now is to figure out the weapon system so I can attempt to create more TPV weapons..... but that will have to wait have a load of scripting to do "

It may be better to vote for the "Third person mode for every character " This will mean all the characters, guns all done in one hit ...
It would make life so much easier for your task .... ?
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2015 06:57
thanks Synchromesh, the "Third person for every character" is one of my votes already, but it will be a while before that comes to fruition.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2015 07:37
@seppgirty-wow it's been ages since using TS7. ok I've installed the fbx import plugin- I can't seem to find the import panel as it doesn't show automatically when clicking on the plugin button. How do I view the panel again? my brain has ceased to function
seppgirty
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2015 00:29
IF my videos don't explain clearly enough, check out this page here.

http://www.clintons3d.com/plugins/truespace/importexport/fbxinout.html

You also need to install the unofficial patch 3

http://www.united3dartists.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=55

You need to sign up for the forum to see the links.

I'm adding the update for 761 full version in post here.
gamer, lover, filmmaker

Attachments

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2015 07:27
For those that have not got 3DS max, you can use other software to convert the FBX file to X format.
It's finding the right tool that will export out the mesh and skeleton correctly.

Autodesk 3DS max is only used to convert FBX to X format. open3dmod convert FBX to X and always pretty much crashes. Although Fragmotion is supposed to be able to import FBX it doesn't it just comes up with an error.
Blender also import from FBX and can export to X format.
You could also try the Truespace7.61beta8 which is free http://www.moddb.com/downloads/truespace-761-beta-8
and install Clintons FBX2 plugin: http://www.clintons3d.com/plugins/truespace/importexport/fbxinout.html. I personally couldn't even see the panel, but I will re-investigate that one later date.

Autodesk also do a free converter 'Autodesk FBX Converter' which converts from FBX to Collada DAE or OBJ format. But you would still then need to import into Fragmotion or blender and then convert back out to X format.
Milkshape may also import FBX and export to X I can't remember if I tried MS (i seem to recall it didn't import or export the skeleton), when I get spare time I will have a look.

Hope this helps a bit.
seppgirty
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2015 22:05
Where did all of your videos go Bored of the rings?
gamer, lover, filmmaker
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2015 20:28
@seppgirty - sorry for late reply, please free to pm me if you need link to video
Kesstryl
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 14th Oct 2015 06:25
Awe man, I had this bookmarked for future reference
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2015 08:19 Edited at: 14th Oct 2015 08:19
sorry guys, I was going to do remakes or better versions but don't have much time. I was a bit hasty at the time. My apologies to all.
Here are all the Mixamo YT video links again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_1cKJWeh-k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CC8Zec4bHOo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SJAeJ7GgOM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61atZjO22fs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guVLL8AKgco

LEt me know if you have better way of doing doing some of the processes as although it works for me, I appreciate not everyone has the same preference in software or access. I'm still trying to find software that actually works for conversion of FBX to .X without using 3DS max, but it's poor out there as there are always certain options missing, how poop.
HarryWever
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2015 08:37
Thank you Bored of the rings,

Love to see your tutorials.
Really usefull..

I know its difficult to find software that convert fbx properly.
Fragmotion can import fbx, but then it has to be in a old version, i believe fbx 2010..
so you have to convert it first to a older version.

Harry
Harry
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2015 08:42
thanks Harry, loved your Giant Spider (absolutely amazing) will have to purchase that on the store when I get some more pennies.
I will be reposting some of the YT tuts again, really wanted to updated these but don't have much time.
cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2015 10:04
Quote: "For those that have not got 3DS max, you can use other software to convert the FBX file to X format.
It's finding the right tool that will export out the mesh and skeleton correctly."

For anyone picking this thread up that doesn't have 3DS Max - after several more hours of experimentation, I found that Ultimate Unwrap 3D pro does the job here for this stage. Also useful to easily remap the textures if you want to. Not a free tool (60$), but is really great and a lot less expensive than Max just for conversion tasks

Cheers.

Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 8th Dec 2015 16:51 Edited at: 8th Dec 2015 16:58
Quote: "Yep I meant max. So far not having much luck with blender for this stage - the rigging doesn't seem to export properly (though not a blender expert so may be missing something).

Think I'll have a go with your other tutorial and see if I can find a work-flow that works for what tools I have available.

Much appreciate the sharing of your results - thanks."

I've had exactly the same experience with blender, the bones come out all jumbled up and connected in the wrong places and to the wrong parts when imported to blender. I'm sure if you could get the rigging imported properly it would export fine, but I can't seem to work it out.

Quote: "
For anyone picking this thread up that doesn't have 3DS Max - after several more hours of experimentation, I found that Ultimate Unwrap 3D pro does the job here for this stage. Also useful to easily remap the textures if you want to. Not a free tool (60$), but is really great and a lot less expensive than Max just for conversion tasks

Cheers.
"

That sounds brilliant, $60 (around £40 for me) is far better than £3000 for 3ds max.

Got any tips for the import/export part in ultimate unwrap? ie. what settings you used etc?

Going to buy it and animer tonight and see if I can get it working for me
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2015 20:18
I'm seriously peeved at the moment, tried to buy Ultimate Unwrapped, payment went through but it didn't ask me for an email, apparently they send the download link to your email, but how can they do that when they don't have my email? So I emailed support and their response was basically tough we can't add an email now you'll have to dispute it and try again, wtf?

Also, tried to buy animer, got signed up, put it in my basket, when to checkout bam "you do not own this order", tried three times, now I have three incomplete orders on my account that I cannot cancel or pay for because it keeps telling me I don't own them, ffs.

I seriously just give up, i'm going to go bang my head against the wall repeatedly until I black out.
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2015 22:47 Edited at: 9th Dec 2015 07:30
Finaly got my software, but having issues now (the animer issue seems to be their integration with steam login causing issues so I created a non-steam account and it al went through fine, and I got an email from UU3dP apologising, apparently the gy who answered got it wrong, they get the email via the paypal api).

I've downloaded the FBX from Mixamo, loaded them into Ultimate Unwrap and exported to x. loaded and exported via fragmotion. I try to load it into Animer but I get a message about it not having any animations and to use mender to fix it. I use mender to fix it and try to load it into Animer and it says something along the lines of line already exists.... click ok and it crashes.
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2015 23:50
Right finally got it working, the only way to get a character into anime for me was to load without animations and before loading the actual character turn off the view pane where you choose the file, odd bug that. Anyway got it into animer and followed the rest of the steps and got it in game.... yay ... well not so yay her skeletons on backwards, her head is facing behind her, and her legs and elbows bend the wrong way lol .. oh well at least I got it most of the way there, I will play with it some more tomorrow and see if I can fix it
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2015 07:38
OK, hitting issues again.

Not sure where this is having problems, but i'm almost constantly hitting errors on Animer.

My workaround (loading without animation and turning off the preview pane must have been a one time fluke).

It either tells me on of three things 1. the model has no animations and to fix it with mender, 2. error 7007, or 3. Dark something or other has stopped working.

I'm not sure why this is happening, but I don't think it's animer that's the issue, it's either something i'm doing worng when I convert it to an x file in UU3DP or and issue with fuse/mixamo, i'm more inclined to think it's fuse/mixamo as I've managed to get a few characters to load into animer from autodesk using the same UU3DP process, although that is hit and miss too.

This is very frustrating, I just want to make myself about a dozen non-soldier modern civilians and then i'm done with it, but I can't even get that far yet.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2015 10:47 Edited at: 9th Dec 2015 10:48
Hi, can I help I have used Animer/Mixamo Fuse etc quite a lot and I must admit thought this thread had died
If your model doesn't load you will need to run it through mender and/or directx MESHVIEW, if you have it. Animer only likes models that has an animation set.
Have you looked at the video links above, do they help or not any help at all?
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; LG TFT monitor (widescreen). Wanting a new PC at some point.
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2015 13:20 Edited at: 9th Dec 2015 14:33
I was working from your video. I followed it to the letter with the only difference being that I used Ultimate Unwrap instead of 3DS Max because I can't afford it and cybernescence said it worked as a replacement.

It gets to the point where I try to load the characters x file into Animer and I get one of the three errors above.

Very very occasionally I manage to get it to load into Animer and it works, but 90% of the time I get those errors.

Is there any specific settings need adjusting in maximo/fuse? I notice that most of them have a pretty hi poly count (+12k) so i'm wondering if that may be an issue. Is there a way to reduce this in mixamo/fuse or at any stage before importing into animer?

Also do you have a link for meshview?

As to Animer needing a character to have animations, why? Isn't the whole point if the Animer program to add and make models animation ready? That doesn't make sense to me.

Would you be able to run me through the exact steps and settings from start of creation to downloading, for fuse/mixamo so I can rule that out? I've been just downloading the characters directly from Mixamo by clicking finish on the rigging screen and downloading straight from there, should I have added a free animation first?

If I can't get this to work I might have to see if I can find someone to do the 3DS Max step for me, I should be able do all the rest myself.
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2015 13:33
For those with blender, I've just found this little plugin, it supposedly makes changed to the DirectX export in blender to make them more compatible with standard DirectX models. Not sure if it works or not, but I might give it a try later.
http://development.mindfloaters.de/DirectX_Exporter_Mod.8.0.html
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2015 16:00 Edited at: 9th Dec 2015 16:06
Hi ,here is the link to meshview.exe, you will need to log in to the TGC website first

https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/141442

I'll have to reply to your other comments after I finish work.
Animer needs an animation set to load an object to prepare for animation, if it doesnt have an animation set, putting it through mender creates a blank one. I always just put through mender 2.0 and / or the meshview program if I get errors. Most likely if Animer crashes the model needs to be put through meshview for some reason it just seems to fix the model. Animer needs a specific format to read in .X file correctly.
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; LG TFT monitor (widescreen). Wanting a new PC at some point.
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2015 16:16
Awesome thanks, i'll try it out when I get home.

Just noticed one of your tutorials is without using 3ds max, by exporting from fuse and then converting it in fragmotion, using mender and meshview before opening it in animer. I'll see how that goes.
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2015 16:29 Edited at: 9th Dec 2015 16:32
Just to clarify the steps (will try it out when I get home):

1. Create a character in fuse
2. Export it in OBJ format
3. Import it into fragmotion
4. Merge in the wizard skeleton
5. Export it in X format
6. Load and save the x file with mender
7. Load an save the file in MeshView
8. Load character in Animer
9. Import animations from wizard (a copy that's been through mender)
10. Link bones
11. Save in x format
12. Import into GG
13. Edit FPE file (and x file if needed) and delete extra files
14. Good to go

Sound right?
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2015 16:42
sounds right to me although it's been a few months since I did the videos but they worked ok. I think I had to create a skeleton in Fragmotion. I'll have to refresh myself and retry my steps in the video. I think you also need to make sure the correct left/right handed system is being used. Also, you dont have to use the wizard skelton although I found it quicker in Animer to process but I also used the masked soldier and others but for speed the wizard one works well for 3rd person.
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2015 16:50
Quote: " I think I had to create a skeleton in Fragmotion"

I hope not, I haven't a clue how to do that, i don't know the controls in fragmotion, I might be hitting you up for some step by steps on that if it's needed
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2015 17:03
I think I merged just the wizard skelton onto the mixamo fuse character , wow I really need to refresh my memory as I've been working on other stuff.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2015 17:04
I think that's why I ended up using 3DS max. If you want , I may be able to help there if you get really stuck I can do the 3DS max steps for you
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2015 17:06
I also tried to use the Ultimate Unwrap tool but needed to pay for it.
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2015 17:22 Edited at: 9th Dec 2015 17:53
Ultimate Unwrap seems to do the job, but I think there's some extra stuff needed, maybe just running it through MeshViewer mender and meshviewer after exporting it to x file might do it. I'll see tonight. I really hope I can get this working and it's not an issues with conflicts somewhere on my PC that's causing the issues with animer.

If I can get this to work, in the new year i'm going to make a fuse generated character (in OBJ format) GG ready for the first 5 people to ask (after I get it working)
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2015 21:43
OK, i'm feeling a lot better about this now! I tired again with the method I listed above and it kind of worked.

Instead of the three errors I had before in Animer I got a different error, it told me some of the bones had the same name and it would try to fix it, after waiting a while animer crashed on me.

After messing about A LOT I finally found that if I set animer to windows 7 compatibility mode the character would load into animer, YAY!

It loads, I can add the animations and it exports. I'm 90% there!

The only issue I have now is that in fragmotion I import the wizard bones and move them around a bit to line them up. But when I load it into animer the bones aren't attached to the model and when I try to adjust the limbs it just moves the bones. Oh and it's the wrong way round. What have I done wrong?

Also, just to check that animer was working right I exported and imported it as it was into GG and managed to run around on a third person character stuck in the T position and moving backwards lol! At least I know animer is working enough to make the file importable. I just need to sort the bone and orientation issue now.

Any advice would be very gratefully received.
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2015 22:39 Edited at: 9th Dec 2015 22:42
OK, so I worked out how to link the bones to vertices, I had a quick go at importing it and made a right mess. Here's the video of my attempt, it's quite comical actually, I never knew you could shoot yourself! lol

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2015 08:35 Edited at: 10th Dec 2015 08:39
ah yes I think I recognise the problem. Both the wizard skeleton and the mesh have to be using the same right or left hand system, as I remember I did same thing when I was learning how to rig a skeleton and how to use FM and Animer. What I used to do was open the model in Animer and click on one of the limbs e.g. the right hand and see which side the limb was being highlighted. All very confusing at first but they must facing the same way before importing animations onto the model. I will have to revisit this at some point as Im working on something else at the moment, but will review my videos to see what I did. I remember I sometimes had to flip the handedness in FM. See screenshot attached. So if I remember rightly the right hand in Animer will be on your left and so the mesh should also be facing the same way. I had to do a lot of trial and error before I came up with a process that worked and the videos kind of allow me to remember what I did. The alternative method is probably the best solution i.e. using 3DS max , but understand not everyone has 3DS max. But a good converter would really help.

Attachments

Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2015 08:41 Edited at: 10th Dec 2015 08:52
[i]Yeah, I worked out about the wrong handidness etc, i'll fix that next time

My issue at the moment is I have no idea how to attach the bones to the vertices in fragmotion, I found out how to do it using the auto system but that adds the wrong vertices sometimes, for example if you do the upper arm and clavicle it also attaches the vertices for the chest on that side so when you move the arm down it squashes the side in .

Als while we're at it, adjusting the bone positions wasn't that bad to do for the most part, but I fond the hands to be a nightmare. I noticed that GG only actually needs one hand and one finger, is it safe to remove the excess fingers and save it that way to make it quicker and easer to do?

As to the 3DS step, i'm still experimenting with Ultimate Unwrap and I think it might work, however if that fails I have a cunning plan. My local college are running some cheap distance learning courses in various computer subjects, i'm thinking of signing up for them, that way I get my college ID number and I can get 3DS Max free for 3 years as a student
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2015 09:44 Edited at: 10th Dec 2015 09:45
attaching the vertices is a nightmare, but I would just auto assign and then manullay deselect the ones that were attaching incorrectly and then reaatach them to the right limb. it's a bit of a pain but after doing it a few times does get slightly easier. Yes you can remove the fingers you don't want if it helps.
There widgets in FM that may help, but If I got stuck I just referred back to documentation or you tube tutorial videos for Fragmotion

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 08:30:26
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 08:30:26