User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2018 23:56
Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2018 09:24
Thank you Wolf for unlocking.

OK, now DX11 is now nice and stable, great work from Lee, Preben and many others too I'm sure.

Here are some of the new DX11 screens from Saviour, this level runs silky smooth never dropping below 60fps.

Using the cartoon effect and the new spotlights, it is looking even better. No texture artifacts anymore, not yet tested a standalone to see if the copying of entities problem is present or not.

The colours and clarity seem much improved in DX11 also.

Enjoy the pics.

Aftershock Quad Core AMD FM2+ 3.5 GHz 8GB Motherboard and Processor, A7700k apu, Asus GT970 STRIX 4gb Nvidia gfx card.
King Korg Synth, Alesis SR18 Drum Machine, Akai MPX8 sample player, Roland Fantom XA Synth, Axus Digital AXK2 Digital Drum Kit, Novation Ultranova Synth, Waldorf Blofeld Synth, Roland D05 Synth Module, Bluedio Victory V Headphones, AKG K141 Studio Headphones, Lenovo Ideapad, with Windows 10 64bit, 8Gb Ram and AMD A10 7th Gen Graphics.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2018 19:37
I hate to say it but I strongly dislike the reshade suite you've chosen for this. it makes it nearly impossible to perceive depth in the pictures, and tell where one thing ends and another begins. I also think the lack of shadows hurts that, but it could be corrected by baking lights. im sure you could even get your spotlights to have shadows with proper placement of a less intense static light
Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2018 08:22
@Bugsy - Hi and thanks, yes I agree that able to see the entities on the still screens is difficult, it does, however look a lot better in motion, I will use depth of field to make the scenes pop out, but shadows is a biggie for me, I hope the dynamic lighting shadows are sorted soon. All taken on board though. I have to admit I have only toyed with the lightmapper and seeing as it is still a bit buggy, I will not use it yet.
Aftershock Quad Core AMD FM2+ 3.5 GHz 8GB Motherboard and Processor, A7700k apu, Asus GT970 STRIX 4gb Nvidia gfx card.
King Korg Synth, Alesis SR18 Drum Machine, Akai MPX8 sample player, Roland Fantom XA Synth, Axus Digital AXK2 Digital Drum Kit, Novation Ultranova Synth, Waldorf Blofeld Synth, Roland D05 Synth Module, Bluedio Victory V Headphones, AKG K141 Studio Headphones, Lenovo Ideapad, with Windows 10 64bit, 8Gb Ram and AMD A10 7th Gen Graphics.
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2018 20:25
oh right, I forgot about this being an x11 project. That's a shame. I stand by what I said on the reshade effects. Let me see a video perhaps?
Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2018 10:19
I will dropbox a video soon, just trying to tie up a few things in this level, and make the lighting and depth of field just right. I'm not using reshade though, just native GG Post Processing and Prebens cartoon shader, and as yet no chromatic abberation which make the scenes look more old style film-like. I'm a bit fussy when it comes to levels. Trying to write some new lua scripts for this level from scratch, so might be a few days.
Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2018 10:28
Playing with tab tab setting and found this weird effect, pencil line effect, probably won't use it, but interesting indeed.

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 14:13:07
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 14:13:07