Product Chat / [LOCKED] GameGuru MAX

Author
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2020 06:06
64 bit
Alienware Aurora R7 with SSD 256GB boot drive ( C: ) and a secondary drive ( D: ) that is 2TB
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.19 with Intel Turbo-burst
Installed RAM 16.0 GB
64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Windows 10 Home
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 with 8192 MB GDDR5 and 8095 MB shared system memory
Zigi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2020 07:33 Edited at: 6th Feb 2020 07:38
"LeeBamber" wrote: "For GameGuru MAX I don't want to duplicate the depths of other tools like Unreal and similar, as you eventually get lost down the rabbit hole of logic and may never come out.I would like a product where you can quickly drop stuff in, make some simple behavior edits, then play your game and it comes to life."

Thank you for the reply Lee. While I do understand your concerns regarding you don't want GG users to worry about logic and coding and programming but I think we are on the same page really only looking at it from a different perspective. I do enjoy GameGuru for being a no coding tool and require no logic and I don't want to change that, in-fact this is what I love about GameGuru and I did express this in the other topic where I was recommending something similar to the Logic Chain in the Doom editor.
When you have time please take a look at the video I linked in the other topic about the Logic Chain if you haven't already and just for convenience I copy from that topic my reasoning why I liked it so you don't need to read the entire topic:

"Zigi" wrote: "Snapmap with Logic Chain reminded me how cool is that when you don't need to worry about variables, arrays, loops, statements and coding in general just go and do it without even thinking about coding and the only thing you need to focus on is the actual gameplay. You can just go and build staff...I think Logic Chain could benefit GameGuru big time among people getting started with game development and GameGuru is their first stop. But even among people with experience. I know how to code, I've been using engines like Unity, Leadwerks, Xenko, UrhoSharp, AGK but I'm not the kind of person who prefer and love coding and I could really enjoy a no coding experience this is why I'm back in to GameGuru but Logic Chain in Snapmap really blow my mind and I DO enjoy it a lot....the best thing about it is that it feels natural. I want the console open the door, fine I go to the console in the editor choose "OnUse" and then I go to the door and choose "Open" and see an actual chain showing me the console is interacting with the door I just selected. No abstract thinking required, everything is right there in the editor in 3D."

"LeeBamber" wrote: "I have been thinking about a click-blocks-together style visual logic maker but I first need to be convinced users want me to work on a layer between the new DynamicLUA system and coding LUA"

Trust me people do want this but you need to ask people who don't want to code but need more power than tweaking some values. If you ask people selling Lua scripts in the TGC store obviously they going to say no because a powerful visual scripting system would not benefit them and by powerful I mean just to be able to do the most basic things easily like tell a switch to open a door, tell the door if opened make this light flicker, play this sound and spawn this monster, if this monster is spawned make the camera shake and switch light color red..etc Simple staff that can be easily done with Lua so people going to say no because they want no coders to buy their simple script for $1. What I am about to say going to make lot of people angry but please keep that in mind, lot of people here are content creators who don't want you to do anything that make their content less valuable and so they always going to looking for excuses why not to do things that actually make development more fun. But it is just my opinion. I think you should stop listening to us, listen to the ideas we are proposing but make the decision on your own, this community can not be trusted because it is made of selfish content creators mostly who enjoy that kids buying their amateur staff for $1. I'm sorry but this is true.

Having said that, nothing stop you to make any visual scripting to be powered by Lua and make it possible to extend it with Lua. For example for the Logic Chain I was also suggesting to make the chains actually powered by Lua and let us make custom chains that we can import, export and sell.... Anyway. Looking forward to Max.

Thanks.
PM
Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2020 07:57
Zigi wrote: "this community can not be trusted because it is made of selfish content creators mostly who enjoy that kids buying their amateur staff for $1. I'm sorry but this is true."

You seem to be totally forgetting the wealth of scripts available for free on the Scripts board, and the constant support users like AmenMoses, smallg and 3com provide to users at no charge. Sure there's a few people who sell scripts on the store, but only to plug the gaps made by the lack of this logic that is shipped with Game Guru itself. I don't think you'd hear many complaints if it was announced users wouldn't have to get their hands dirty coding LUA, most of us would rejoice!

I recently became a "selfish content creator" myself, having released my first few models on the store. I'm certainly not going to complain if Game Guru MAX makes changes that means my models no longer work - I'll simply update them.

@Lee; thank you for taking the time to read my rambling post and reply, and your lengthy replies to all the other questions posed throughout this thread. You're right, in all likelihood I will end up pre-ordering it because I'm glutton for the punishment of micro-budget game design. Re. the pricing suggestion, I just think it would be a nice gesture to allow GG classic users to 'upgrade' to MAX at any time for a lesser price than buying outright. It doesn't even have to be a 50% discount, but somewhere in the region of 30% would be ideal, and akin to what Sony does with Vegas. There must be a way to make Steam verify these users already own GG Classic...?

AE
KRivva
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2020 08:19
Really looking forward to this pre-ordered and 64 bit please!
PM
fearlesswee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2020 08:31
Quote: "this community can not be trusted because it is made of selfish content creators mostly who enjoy that kids buying their amateur staff for $1. I'm sorry but this is true."

Look, I'm relatively "new" here (I've actually been lurking for a good 2-3~ish years before I actually made an account, but still a far cry from your 10 years) and even I know this is blatantly false. As AvengingEagle pointed out, people on these forums are nothing but helpful, and willing to sit down and help work out a script all without even asking for a dime. And hell, the stuff people do charge money for is usually quite worth it, and a mere fraction of what a similar asset would cost on the Unity or Unreal marketplace.

That out of the way, I had a few more questions for Lee/TGC (If the QnA session isn't quite yet over that is-)

1 - Will there be any new DLC for Max? (I know it's a bit early to ask about any additional content before the base thing is finished, but I'm simply asking if we can expect content specifically designed for Max's new features anytime in the future)
2 - Does standalone multiplayer have LAN functionality? (Can I host a local server only visible to computers on the same network, and skip photon's servers if so desired?)
3 - How customizable is standalone multiplayer? (Could I program different modes, like CTF or Halo's Infection mode?)
4 - Will the standalone menu have more options? (A big sore spot with GG is the fact that the options menu is very limited; no keybindings, individual graphics options, etc.)
5 - Are we getting animation blending/Inverse kinematics to make characters feel more fluid and less "stiff" like current GG? (You can make the visuals of your engine look photorealistic, but if it looks like Half Life from 1998 when in motion that kinda throws it all out the window)
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 6th Feb 2020 08:55
Quote: "this community can not be trusted because it is made of selfish content creators mostly who enjoy that kids buying their amateur staff for $1. I'm sorry but this is true"

Absolutely untrue entirely. There are actually if you look only about four or five sellers on the store that appear to sell scripts simply for the money, one of them hasn't been seen for years, one of them only seems to create variations of existing scripts which are nothing more than mere tweaks anyway, one of them is simply not like by a good chunk of the community so doesn't matter anyway, and the others only sell scripts that add missing functionality and are quite complex scripts that probably wouldn't be easily created in any kind of logic or node system anyway. The rest of the script sellers on the forum tend to be modellers who sell the odd script now and again, and the rest of the big scripters in the community tend to throw there scrips out there for free. So adding any kind of automated scripting is really not going to cause many issues at all, and will likely give more users access to things that can be done with scripting.

@Lee
What kind of work flow for models is Max going to have? Will it be the same icon, fpe, model, textures workflow we already have? Will all previous models work in Max? As there is a new rendering engine involved is the PBR workflow going to be more standard (ie naming conventions, for example currently we use a roughness map renamed to _gloss, and a metallic map renamed to _metalness, is this going to be put right so it's less hassle using standard PBR models?).

Quote: "6. We have not had a great experience updating our own FBX importer, mainly due to the variety of import variations and only having a limited time to dedicate to the feature. For MAX, the plan is to investigate the implementation of the latest version of AssImp. I have tested it a week ago, and it loads and animates both FBX and GLTFv2 very well indeed, pretty much every model I threw at it (and I have a lot of different ones as you can imagine having had to test our own FBX importer). Using AssImp, theoretically, gives you access to over 40+ model formats, all of which can be easily imported through our new Importer Panel which has the same style as the other UI panels you have seen in the shots, but allows simpler use of scaling, retexturing, renaming and finally exporting as an entity.
7. GameGuru already has XBOX controller support with the basic buttons, but if you can add a GitHub issue on the buttons you want to support and how you see them being used, it's not a huge job adding this support into the engine."

FBX import in GameGuru is one of the things i have to give you guys huge props for, granted it had a rough start, there were a lot of issues, but at the moment as it is, the FBX import in GaameGuru is pretty good, i'm having far less issues importing models in FBX than i had with .X models, the team really need a pat on the back for this, i know it was a nightmare getting it in.

Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Primary Laptop:
i5, NV1050 4GB, 8GB memory, 1x 1TB HDD, Win10.

Secondary Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2020 08:57 Edited at: 6th Feb 2020 09:18
Quote: "@JC LEON : Looks like you are not quite 100% "out the door", so here are more answers for you, always happy to welcome old users back:
1. No GUI Designer planned for release, we will be expanding the Save Standalone Panel to include some basic controls over what is saved. No firm details but you can probably expect theme choice, some custom text and image boxes, custom icon and other small refinements to make the executable tailored to your game. Full-blown menu editor is a nice idea, perhaps something similar to how AGK Studio drag and drop editor works for 2D layouts?
2. We already have raycasting and line of sight for entities to have 'see' and 'hearing' logic can be scripted, but I guess you mean drop in logic without the need to write code. I think this idea, being able to drop in a sensor marker which triggers something. Perhaps you can expand on how you see it working, what it might look like and how it triggers things, and post it on GitHub issues tracker as a feature request
3. New AssImp based importer planned. Supports animated FBX and GLTFv2 importing. Also planning to route animation frame values to the editor, removing them from the script and giving them proper labels so you can use the same script with differently animated imports.
4. It took Gabor about 3-4 months to write the Particle Editor with the features need to make decent modern game particle effects from scratch. Are you recommending I spend half of my 7-month time budget writing a new Particle System for MAX, and squeeze everything else into the remaining 4 months One alternative would be to see if Gabor would give us permission to include his Particle Editor as a MAX DLC, this way it can be built-in to the software, accessed with a simple, and also means Gabor can be paid for his work."

1- Exact a full blown menu editor with drag and drop ect.. but i was referring event to game UI too a.. visual editor to link grahpics with code (LUA) like unity, unreal , construct and many others

3- really hope assimp could do the job and we have the possiblity to iport our custom characters with custom animations and use it into the engine without hassle with them.. maybe a generic characters could be used like "link" between them.. a character that uses some standard animations like , idle, walk, run (2,3 attacks anims) ( 2,3 Hit anims) and death..so when we import our characters we can simply add the respective anims to the scritps and make the character works according... the same should be made for both melee(to simulate zombies monsters ect) and ranged enemies characters

4- even the permission to include his Particle Editor as a MAX DLC, this way it can be built-in to the software, accessed with a simple, and also means Gabor can be paid for his work should be a great add in my opinion and me personally and i0'm sure many of us surely will buy the dlc aswell and gAbor get its revenue..

Quote: "
Forgot to ask this, (unless I missed it mentioned in the lengthy thread here...)

Will MAX have a system where you can script in LUA to 'spawn' new entities
on the fly in Lua, something that isn't inherently already present on the map--
but is of course in your entity library?
Did my question make sense? Probably most helpful with non conventional levels
like procedurally generated ones for example-- or ones where you can build up
bases, armies, turrets, walls, rewards, etc
IOW >> Can you call an entity (a box, building or tree for example) from the library
to include on the map-- at any time?? So this would be like the way extra sound is
called by Lua script.

Example: LoadInEntity ( Folder, filename, iID, script )
SWEET!
"

hit the point .. this could be use for inventory system and so on and is one of the biggest LUA miss in actual GG

some new questions

1- what about an heighmap importer like BotR is making with GG classic?? or eventually integrate the BotR one into GGM directly purchasing license of use by BotR?
2- what about new EAiWeapons pack 2 DLc that is in the making? does it will be compatible with GGM??
3- all the current logic ,scripts and lua packages that are in the store actually (and that i purchased all) will be usable and compatible with the new born?

plus i dont think GG community is made by selfish pepole that would to sell scirtps for profit .. GG community is the major plus of gG itself.. but a chain system like Doom editor should be GREAT:::
PC 2 Specs:
AMD RYZEN 2600 SIX CORE @3,70, 64GB RAM DDR4 2400, M/B GIGABYTE AX370
SVGA NVDIA 1660GTX 6GB , SSD M.2 TRANSCEND S110 1TB, 1X HDD SEAGATE BARRACUDA 4TB, 1X HDD TOSHIBA 2TB

PC 2 Specs:
AMD QUADCORE 880K @4.5GHZ, 32GB RAM DDR3 1600, M/B ASUS A88XM-PLUS
SVGA RADEON R9 380 4GB , SSD KINGSTON A400 1TB, 2X HHD SEAGATE BARRACUDA 4TB
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2020 09:02
Quote: "3- really hope assimp could do the job and we have the possiblity to iport our custom characters with custom animations and use it into the engine without hassle with them.. maybe a generic characters could be used like "link" between them.. a character that uses some standard animations like , idle, walk, run (2,3 attacks anims) ( 2,3 Hit anims) and death..so when we import our characters we can simply add the respective anims to the scritps and make the character works according... the same should be made for both melee(to simulate zombies monsters ect) and ranged enemies characters"

I'm not quite sure exactly what you mean here, i think i understand what you're asking for.

You're asking for a way to import a character and then add a selection of animations from another model to it right?

You know we already have that built into GameGuru right? It has to be done manually at the moment though, but you can literally have a base model and say 4 animated models and using commands in the .fpe link them together so that the base model uses the animations of the other models.

Primary Desktop:

Secondary Desktop:

Primary Laptop:

Secondary Laptop:
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "You're asking for a way to import a character and then add a selection of animations from another model to it right?

You know we already have that built into GameGuru right? It has to be done manually at the moment though, but you can literally have a base model and say 4 animated models and using commands in the .fpe link them together so that the base model uses the animations of the other models."

not exactly i'm asking for a way to import animated characters with "its own" animations and make the "custom" character animations to work with a generic base system for simple idle, walk, run ,attack, hit and die system to interact with player(that could eventually be expanded but even so simply it should be good to start )

btw can you explaim more waht you wrote ??
PC 2 Specs:
SVGA NVDIA 1660GTX 6GB , SSD M.2 TRANSCEND S110 1TB, 1X HDD SEAGATE BARRACUDA 4TB, 1X HDD TOSHIBA 2TB

PC 2 Specs:
PM
Ratall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2020 09:28
Hi Lee

64bit a must have.

Assimp good idea why re-invent the wheel when there's such a nice shiny one already to bolt on.

One little silly idea why not document stuff as you write it then every one will know what you intended (including you when you look back later)

Any chance of p2p multiplayer via local lan to develop games for those with restricted or poor internet.

“Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.”
Albert Einstein

"Ye count your selfe wele lettred , your lernyng is starke nought."
Anon
PM
vincenthendriks
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: A whole lot of different things.
Posted: 6th Feb 2020 09:50
Definitely see some very interesting things in the thread. Pre-ordered and would also love to alpha test if required. Can't wait to see what the future has in store for GameGuru!
teereex
Years of Service
User Offline
I have bought alot of stuff from the game guru store. will those work in max aswell ?,
PM
SOLO DESIGN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2020 10:58
Well....well..... well I did not see this coming from TGC based on their past record. (sarcasm)

I am a little worried that all the good people on this site are expecting something amazing for $50, the price tag alone makes me feel like this is a bolt on with some nice new toys to keep the old engine ticking over and alive and the community happy..... mmmmmmmmmmm not really sure this should have been advertised now with still 7 months to wait, is it putting the carrot infront of the donkey again?

Is this not the combination of months of work you have already completed but have not yet released and then you (TGC) have taken a look at this work load and thought - "I know lets not say these are bug fixes, let's say these combined with GG currently are .......GGMAX!, we can dribble out the upgrades and get preorders for it to pay for our development time on the current bug ridden GG engine"........ sorry I have been bitten by this kind of so called Engine update before, but I will keep an eye on development to see which way it goes.

Lee, you must go down the 64bit route, that is a silly question to ask if your looking to the future of game developement IMO. Otherwise your just polishing a dusty old clock that works but does not keep time very well.

PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2020 11:17 Edited at: 6th Feb 2020 11:18
Quote: "Quote: "You're asking for a way to import a character and then add a selection of animations from another model to it right?

You know we already have that built into GameGuru right? It has to be done manually at the moment though, but you can literally have a base model and say 4 animated models and using commands in the .fpe link them together so that the base model uses the animations of the other models."

not exactly i'm asking for a way to import animated characters with "its own" animations and make the "custom" character animations to work with a generic base system for simple idle, walk, run ,attack, hit and die system to interact with player(that could eventually be expanded but even so simply it should be good to start )

btw can you explaim more waht you wrote ??"

OK i see what you mean, again we already have that, you just have to do it manually. The AI scripts (at least the main ones) use anim0 anim1 etc. insteasd of actual animation ranges, so in the fpe you put anim0 = 1,30 for the idle, anim1 = 31,100 for walk and so on (change the numbers for your own start and end frames) and the scripts will use your animation ranges.

As to explaining what i wrote: Currently we already have a system where you can take use a model for your character, and have multiple models with animations on, then in the FPE you add lines to append the animations from the multiple model to the character, then when you add it in the editor for the first time it compiles a DBO file that contains all the models and animations.

Lee expleined it in this video (at time 34:01) when it was introduced.

Primary Desktop:

Secondary Desktop:

Primary Laptop:

Secondary Laptop:
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "OK i see what you mean, again we already have that, you just have to do it manually. The AI scripts (at least the main ones) use anim0 anim1 etc. insteasd of actual animation ranges, so in the fpe you put anim0 = 1,30 for the idle, anim1 = 31,100 for walk and so on (change the numbers for your own start and end frames) and the scripts will use your animation ranges.

As to explaining what i wrote: Currently we already have a system where you can take use a model for your character, and have multiple models with animations on, then in the FPE you add lines to append the animations from the multiple model to the character, then when you add it in the editor for the first time it compiles a DBO file that contains all the models and animations."

yes i know that and many thanks for extra explaination.. but sincerely i tried that several times with several models and always had semi werid results.. i think an generic simlpe system could be good for start..

and a dlc or "kit" Lee you wrote tonight on discord (sadly i miss the conversation damn fuse.. LOL)) with a GUI inventory system that works between levels with basic like ammo, meds and so on.. and that could be purchased from who needs it( and eventually expand it to its own pleasure and needs) and integrated into the main engine would be cool too.
PC 2 Specs:

PC 2 Specs:
PM
Supe
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2020 12:03
unlimited map
drive able car dlc added for free into gg max
unlimited chrachter creator.
600 diffrent entity items support.
unlimited menu editor add in it.
if this 5 items happen i will buy it.
laptop lenovo ideapad 320
Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2020 12:54 Edited at: 6th Feb 2020 13:25
Been reading with interest, here is my chip in.

+1000000 for 64bit

Will we still be able to use our GG Classic stuff purchased through the store, IMPORT option.

Proper sound emitters, like spotlights, but for sound.

Multiple grass and vegetation on terrain, better terrain painting.

More "clued up" savegame system, saves all variables and entity states.

Proper doors and collision when opening and closing them.

Proper inventory system with editable gui elements.

Proper lighting and shadow system.

I feel a bit cheated in that better lighting and shadows and many improvements were mentioned for GG Classic a while back may not be in the original GG, but now it transpires that we have purchase a whole new product, will there be an upgrade path option for existing users of classic or is the pre-order price the deal.

Not pre-purchased yet as I am not sure if this is just a GG classic reskin. Are there any videos of the new engine as yet Lee, be nice to see.
Aftershock Quad Core AMD FM2+ 3.5 GHz 8GB Motherboard and Processor, A7700k apu, Asus GT970 STRIX 4gb Nvidia gfx card.
King Korg Synth, Alesis SR18 Drum Machine, Akai MPX8 sample player, Roland Fantom XA Synth, Axus Digital AXK2 Digital Drum Kit, Novation Ultranova Synth, Waldorf Blofeld Synth, Roland D05 Synth Module, Bluedio Victory V Headphones, AKG K141 Studio Headphones, Lenovo Ideapad, with Windows 10 64bit, 8Gb Ram and AMD A10 7th Gen Graphics. Acer Swift i3 Laptop with Intel Optane memory, Intel 620UHD GPU, Windows 10 64bit.
MXS
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2020 13:25
Quote: "Lee, you must go down the 64bit route, that is a silly question to ask if your looking to the future of game developement IMO. Otherwise your just polishing a dusty old clock that works but does not keep time very well.
"

@SOLO DESIGN At last someone who gets it.
more than what meets the eye.Welcome to SciFi Summer

Windows 7 home premium 64bit gtx770 sc acx 2gb gpu boost 2.0

Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2020 13:31
Yes for sure 64 bit is the way to go, I don't think I have anything on my laptop or PC that is 32 bit, except Gameguru that is.
Aftershock Quad Core AMD FM2+ 3.5 GHz 8GB Motherboard and Processor, A7700k apu, Asus GT970 STRIX 4gb Nvidia gfx card.
King Korg Synth, Alesis SR18 Drum Machine, Akai MPX8 sample player, Roland Fantom XA Synth, Axus Digital AXK2 Digital Drum Kit, Novation Ultranova Synth, Waldorf Blofeld Synth, Roland D05 Synth Module, Bluedio Victory V Headphones, AKG K141 Studio Headphones, Lenovo Ideapad, with Windows 10 64bit, 8Gb Ram and AMD A10 7th Gen Graphics. Acer Swift i3 Laptop with Intel Optane memory, Intel 620UHD GPU, Windows 10 64bit.
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2020 13:34 Edited at: 6th Feb 2020 13:35
Quote: "At last someone who gets it"

Everyone voted for 64 bit... we all get it.

@zigi:
Quote: "this community can not be trusted because it is made of selfish content creators mostly who enjoy that kids buying their amateur staff for $1. I'm sorry but this is true."

We have an unrivaled amount of free media and scripts being released regularly. Our community members also help out newbies diligently and without recompense both here on these forums and on the discord...In fact I have never been in a more helpful community related to game development.

-Wolf
Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2020 13:37
Well said Wolf, every time I needed help in the early days, all here were very helpful, Pirate Myke especially in the very early days. Great community.
Safak Yalcinkaya
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: All retro games...
Posted: 6th Feb 2020 13:48 Edited at: 8th Feb 2020 13:24
+1 64-bit is essential
Legends never die... Commodore 64, Amiga 500/1200
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2020 13:59 Edited at: 6th Feb 2020 18:24
Quote: "of selfish content creators mostly who enjoy that kids buying their amateur staff for $1. "

I only make scripts based on the requests people make for them. Generally, the person making the request I give the script for free to anyways. Also, I've never shied away from directing people to where these solutions can be found for free on the forums, from people like the great smallg.

Nobody is forced to buy these scripts. Also if someone is struggling to make a game and needs a function no matter how big or small to work for their game I would think this would mean its valuable to supply this service? Also, nobody is stopping anyone from making their own scripts. I did not know anything about LUA when i first purchased GG. I learned how to use it so i could take my personal games to the next level. It also allowed me for a short time to help contribute to the actual engine's stock scripts that everyone is using today.

Scripting is a lot of fun for me and I have been very happy to help people create fun games with unique functionalities like the following:

I would not say this is out of greed. Some of these things took weeks to months to create.
Store Assets - Store Link

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GTX 960
MXS
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2020 14:09
hm which brings me to another question. Will max have a inventory system this time?
more than what meets the eye.Welcome to SciFi Summer

Windows 7 home premium 64bit gtx770 sc acx 2gb gpu boost 2.0

synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: " it is made of selfish content creators mostly who enjoy that kids buying their amateur staff for $1. I'm sorry but this is true.""

The only selfish thing I see is people expecting things for free without even offering any kind of payment for their work.
The amount of users who spend time making " Personal " free scripts and models for users blows me away.
If its personal and Custom then they cannot even add it to packs to reclaim any of their time spent doing this for you.
So when you say Selfish content creators perhaps you may want to pause for thought on that !!
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Unknown Nomad Studio
Years of Service
User Offline
I know that I don't have the best relations here and I'm skeptical, so I'm not preordering anything but...

Yes, I'm for dropping 32 bit support, as I explained there https://github.com/TheGameCreators/GameGuruRepo/issues/665
Modern games ditched 32 bit support alltogether, we are in 4k texture era and all GPU manufactuers stopped supporting it with newer drivers, so the writing is on the wall.
Nex-gen consoles will have 16 GB or RAM so technological standarts will rise once again, as minimum system specification will requie that ammount.

Questions about Classic:
Wil Issue 555 be, atleast partialy, fixed?
How much quality of live improvements will be made for it (not just bugfixes)?

Questions about MAX:
1: Will you will able to change terrain size?
2: Will terrain painting be fixed, so you will be able to blend all 16 textures at once?
3: Will it have loading screen, when you hit "Test Game", or it will be instant?
4: Will you have to restart over and over again to change basic settings in setup.ini or .fpe files
5: Will it have good ammount of options in standalone games and will developers will be able to change them to suit their creations?
6: What are plans for overall system scalability options, as GameGuru now is good at this (For example using stock GameGuru water as low detail setting)?
7: Will it have enabled in game/in engine developer console commanline, similiar to PC focused games, such as Crysis, Doom 3, Half-Life 2, Firefall (RIP), Gothic III and many others, so users can go above and beyond provided settings?
8: How many "enhancements" from github, graphical or otherwise will be implemented?
9: Will there be any Linux support, even as using Proton+DXVK, for standalone games?
10: Will be a fully commited, well paid team, that doesn't fit on a basic couch behind it?

Suggestions:
Before releasing full version of MAX in September, make a free standalone game, that will show the improvements, similiar to what was Crysis SP Demo for CryEngine 2. This game will function like a proper PC optimized game, with plethora of graphic, gameplay and control options, that can be changed in real time. It could possibly have a benchmark to test system suitability.

However, Lee, promise that you will never:
Put GameGuru MAX on sale deeper than 10-20%, 44.99€ is cheap as is, if all promises would be made.
NEVER put GameGuru MAX on a bundle (DLCs can be bundled, but not the base product, similar to Steam).
NEVER, EVER give GameGuru MAX for free, on Steam or anywhere else.
NEVER sell GameGuru MAX or any DLCs cheaper in different regions, such as Russia or China; this is due to most fake developers coming from there (basically adjust regional pricing on Steam).
And last but for not the least: NEVER suggest other user to use engines created by Epic, when they hit obstacles or unfixed issues! This is to prevent more Epic Store exclusives, as Epic especially encourage publishers of Unreal Engine 4 games to take the cash (basicaly, we will give millions of $ to you, but you will not release your game on Steam or GOG for a period of the time, usually six months to a year).
PM
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
@ Teabone.. man your work like many others from great forum members is awesome and you dont to bother about that..
PC 2 Specs:

PC 2 Specs:
PM
Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2020 14:53
If we pre-order, what do we get now, is there a current alpha version, any time frames as yet?
Earthling45
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2020 15:00
So my take on this, it feels as if this is going to be GG with a new UI after reading through this thread.
With the trail of TGC i'm not quite eager to buy, in fact, i'll wait it out.
If it really is going to be an all new engine with the much needed features and improvements, i'll buy it at the price for which it is sold then if the price is reasonable for this product.
If it is GG with a new UI, still has banding on terrain textures, no ability to group entities and create prefabs, no ability to paint multiple grasses, 32bit, the same persisting memory problems, i'll most certainly won't be buying it for anything higher than 20 euro.

What has made me stop buying into GG is actually a video about gamemaking in which a lady talks with Lee about GG.
In this video he mentiones that the community has waited long enough for the water to be non acid and thus does not kill the player.
In the end it was Teabone who has corrected this.
Only after the code was released on Github has GG made a rapid jump in improvement with the help of especially Preben and our coding genius Amenmoses.
It made me wonder if TGC is at all serious about its products and how it respects its community which has contributed so much to their products and elevated the value in doing so.

What i miss is the fun of using this, yet this is where the aim should be for a product like GG or GG-MAX.
Some time ago i've bought FS19, this is not only a farming simulator with which you can maintain a virtual farm, alone or with friends on multiplayer, it also comes with an editor with which i can create my own map, as small or as big as i want it to be, paint the terrain without banding problems, painting multiple grasses, tons of models to use, dynamic weather, day and night, 64bit, prefabs, the ability to group models, round and square brush, a good functioning pivot to place models precisely, and tons of free models/scripts to download for creating a virtual world.
Above all, it has all the needed documentation in order to learn how to play and use this software.
All that for only 14 euro and it works fantastic, needless to say that it has a big community behind it, it works, it has the needed functions and it is fun.

This is where GG-MAX should go and aim for, have a properly functioning 64 bit engine with which we can create our world as small or as big as we want it to be, paint without banding, have multiple grasses, dynamic weather, day and night cycle, good documentation and multiplayer.
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "What i miss is the fun of using this, yet this is where the aim should be for a product like GG or GG-MAX.
Some time ago i've bought FS19, this is not only a farming simulator with which you can maintain a virtual farm, alone or with friends on multiplayer, it also comes with an editor with which i can create my own map, as small or as big as i want it to be, paint the terrain without banding problems, painting multiple grasses, tons of models to use, dynamic weather, day and night, 64bit, prefabs, the ability to group models, round and square brush, a good functioning pivot to place models precisely, and tons of free models/scripts to download for creating a virtual world.
Above all, it has all the needed documentation in order to learn how to play and use this software.
All that for only 14 euro and it works fantastic, needless to say that it has a big community behind it, it works, it has the needed functions and it is fun."

and this is noly the editor of a game ... not the entire product itself.... this can make me wonder how GG is behind toom uch things LOL...
PC 2 Specs:

PC 2 Specs:
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2020 16:04 Edited at: 6th Feb 2020 16:10
Quote: "If we pre-order, what do we get now, is there a current alpha version, any time frames as yet?"

Pre-ordering now will give us access to the alpha which is scheduled for April, so we only have couple of months to wait till we see something.

@Lee i also vote for 64bit, it's reached saturation point in the market now, it would be shooting yourself in the foot to release 32bit software this late in the game.

Primary Desktop:

Secondary Desktop:

Primary Laptop:

Secondary Laptop:

Attachments

Login to view attachments
UNIRD12B
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2020 16:15
so ,
at least we can still look forward to the promises of
VR for GameGuru Classic
and Multiplayer.....can we , or have
those carpets been pulled out also?

https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/221256

https://steamcommunity.com/app/266310/discussions/0/351660338682338243/?l=german

UNIRD12B
Let\'s actually make something happen with this one !
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2020 16:20
I have a feeling they had to rewrite gameguru to get the VR and Multiplayer working properly which has led to GG-Max, so it's possible that it won't be implemented in classic.

Primary Desktop:

Secondary Desktop:

Primary Laptop:

Secondary Laptop:
wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: CSGO
Posted: 6th Feb 2020 16:20
Quote: "Zigi wrote: "this community can not be trusted because it is made of selfish content creators mostly who enjoy that kids buying their amateur staff for $1. I'm sorry but this is true.""
Wait, what ?. You are trolling and I don't see how this will end well for you.

Win7 64bit----iCore5 4590 @ 3.7GHZ----AMD RX460 2gb----16gig ram
MooKai
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2020 16:31 Edited at: 6th Feb 2020 16:33
FS19 was last week available for free on the Epic store...
Don't know, if everybody knows that they give away new games every week.
Kingdom Come: Deliverance will be available for free on the 13th of Feb.
ahh yes, off topic

Can we create games with GameGuru? Yes.
Is it complete and bug free? No.

GameGuru Max is just the logic next step. Maybe it's better to start from zero again, then to update an old 32bit engine...
We should not complain too much about a new GG version, better be happy... It's just normal development evolution and a business
decision. Just look at the other engines what they do...

- RPG Maker 2003
- RPG Maker XP
- RPG Maker VX Ace
- RPG Maker MV

Companies have to make money to survive, so after a few years they release a new product...
Even the Epic guys changed many times over the years their business model, from extreme expensive, to a montly fee, now "free"
If you think that GG Max will be just a reskined GG version, then just wait and see what they will release in Sep. Or if you have faith in the company, then support them earlier...
Old school FPS fan, DOOM!!! Why GG not working on my AMIGA 500?
PM
KapitanNemo
Years of Service
User Offline
Are you planning to introduce access to mobile platforms (android, IOS) in gameGuru Max?
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
Memory: 32768MB RAM
Card name: NVIDIA Quadro K4000
Display Memory: 4095 MB
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2020 16:39 Edited at: 6th Feb 2020 16:39
Quote: "Are you planning to introduce access to mobile platforms (android, IOS) in gameGuru Max? "

Lee mentioned on the Discord its still PC only.
No other export options.
PM
Mrs Baird
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2020 16:59
/.-) This is GREAT news!

Count me in! But PLEASE consider an overhaul of the audio-engine!
I would also LOVE to see a creative approach in the GUI to make decent SkyBoxes from within the program without much more external software than something like Photoshop for the usual graphic worx...

I am all for 64 Bit for GameGuru MAX! If someone needs 32 Bit the GG Classic would always be there... right?

I would also like to know how safe the import of old GG-levels will be, since I have a promising project that just needs my efforts to find some workarounds with the huckstable audio-engine...

AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition 4 x CORES / FPUs @3900 MHz - NVIDIA GeForce GTX750 Ti [2 GB] passive cooled - 16GB DDR 3 SDRAM - Win 10 Pro [64 Bit] - Audiosystem: Marian Marc Seraph AD2 - 2 x UAD-2 DSPs
Mrs Baird
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2020 17:05 Edited at: 6th Feb 2020 17:07
Oh, and one last question, Lee:

With "grafix of 2019" did you also mean Nvidia RTX??? (biting nails) ..
AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition 4 x CORES / FPUs @3900 MHz - NVIDIA GeForce GTX750 Ti [2 GB] passive cooled - 16GB DDR 3 SDRAM - Win 10 Pro [64 Bit] - Audiosystem: Marian Marc Seraph AD2 - 2 x UAD-2 DSPs
KapitanNemo
Years of Service
User Offline
The graphics of Gameguru programs for PC are average when compared with UE and Unity, but for the android and IOS mobile platforms, gameguru graphics are very high.
And given that the speed of creating a game and the ease of use of Gameguru is beyond praise, it’s just a masterpiece, not one program can compare with it.
And if your program will support mobile applications, then it will not be priced, millions of users will use it!
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
Memory: 32768MB RAM
Card name: NVIDIA Quadro K4000
Display Memory: 4095 MB
benjiboy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2020 17:38 Edited at: 8th Feb 2020 23:27
Fool me once - shame on you. Fool me twice - shame on me.
FPSC outdated? Lets get the fans to fund it's redevelopment.
Can't make FPSCX10 work? Let's pull it and release something else - let's call it GameGuru.
DB Pro getting too buggy to maintain? Let's sell a new one and call it App Game Kit.
Need more money? Let's change the AGK interface and call it 'Studio'.
Why do people keep supporting this behaviour?
And they've obviously been planning for at least a year to do exactly this and have been lying to their customer base all along.
Indefensible.

Never put pen to paper or finger to keyboard whilst angry.
It only ever means having to say sorry.

Sorry
You can't teach an old dog.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2020 17:43 Edited at: 6th Feb 2020 17:53
@Benjiboy ..
Your still on the fence then
J/K
Sorry
PM
osiem80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2020 17:46 Edited at: 6th Feb 2020 18:15
64 bit of course
If u work on improve the light system, dont forget about the sound system as well!
I made a thread "location based sounds", the point is, sounds should be dependet on the location, if u shooting outsite there should be an echo 4 example.And we should have the possibility to import custom animated characters without writing an extra script 4 it, like in unity.
And 1 question, all the gg classic scripts would work with ggmax?
PM
World Class Multimedia
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Game Development
Posted: 6th Feb 2020 18:36 Edited at: 6th Feb 2020 20:24
++ 64 bit support for sure.

Definitely include better music and sound support. Every asset should have a slot for audio files. Much better footsteps and the option for different sounds based on substrate (rock vs metal, grass vs dirt, etc).

The editor needs a true tree view of assets, layers and the ability to group assets - almost every engine has this. Cut, copy and paste for sure - a total must have

I am grateful for AR and VR support. I plan on creating for those technologies, so bring it on!!!

Underwater is VERY important to me, so please create some kind of underwater shader or capability. Specifically, we need a waterline where the color changes, some kind of full screen shader effect for water and caustics. Water should have realistic waves for storms and yet still be able to render rivers, lakes, etc. Caustics are very important for realism. Foam would be awesome. S2 is a gorgeous engine but FPS takes a massive hit as a result. You MUST have a new video card for that engine and it still suffers from constant crashing.

Voxel terrain would be high on my list. See No Man's Sky for what I consider to be the best voxel terrain ever created.

I already upgraded. I've been a supporter of TheGameCreators for decades - but I agree with everyone - we need a game maker that just works - allows us to create a finished game with minimal to no crashes. I love the character creator aspect. The new lighting, terrain and vegetation system sounds promising - hopefully it's really on par with current AAA engines.

Better terrain is a must. I have old engines that do a better job with terrain than GG ever did.

I am very hopeful about the visual Lua system - sounds great.

Loading my own assets is very important and almost all are fbx or obj. Character import with animations MUST be better than GG - that import system was HORRIBLE. Almost anything would be better than that.

The best IDE I have for an engine is, believe it or not, CopperCube and Leadwerks. They use a software approach with a window to the game engine. It has a very Windows feel but both are extremely capable as a result. It makes things like tree view, layers, grouping, properties very easy and fast. GG tries to do everything in a graphics mode, which is why it's so slow and unresponsive. While CopperCube suffers from a very stupid camera FOV problem, the interface is effortless and utilizes a similar scripting by choice system as what is being toted for GG Max. Leadwerks is about as perfect an IDE as one could ask for. If GG Max utilized a IDE like Leadwerks, it would be a sure-fire winner (attached are screenshots of both engines).

On the whole - why should I pay for this upgrade/new version... Seriously? The upgrade price is less than a lunch at a fast food restaurant. Even the full price is cheaper than a tank or two of gas. Support TGC - they TRY to make great software. Less bugs would be great. I, for one, cannot wait to see what GG Max brings to the table. I do have high hopes that I can actually make a game with it that can be released and played enjoyably. Time will tell.

Farming Simulator, if memory servers, was created with the precursor to the Tombstone engine - which I believe was the C4 engine. Their IDE is fantastic and almost never crashes. The awesome lighting model allows for light through textures - so it makes a light through a teepee or realistic shadows from fire look fantastic. It has voxel terrain as well, so creating levels with caves and cliffs is just plain fun. The largest problem, for me, with the Tombstone engine is that it requires extensive C knowledge and also C++ knowledge. Just a bit too hard for me to learn at my current age. I own a license for the engine, but just cannot create anything with it.

Just my thoughts.

Mike
YOU DREAM IT - WE CREATE IT!

www.atomiccatinteractive.com

For world-class virtual instruments - www.supersynths.com

Attachments

Login to view attachments
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2020 18:45
I wonder if a version of GameGuru Max without Vr and Multiplayer would be possible?
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics
cpu mark: 10396.6
2d graphics mark: 947.9
3d graphics mark: 8310.9
memory mark 2584.8
Disk mark: 1146.3
Passmark rating: 3662.4

PM
JohnS_CZ
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2020 18:50
Pre-ordered. And can't wait to try it out. It's been a while since I used GG - because of lack of free time and all the missing features and bugs. But this makes me want to return and build all those little projects again.
PM
Zigi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2020 19:01 Edited at: 6th Feb 2020 19:05
Quote: "Why do people keep supporting this behaviour?"

I don't personally see anything wrong with this as long TGC do offer something new for the money.
Studio offer a new Vulkan renderer, 2D level editor, asset manager and a really awesome debugger
Max offer a new(?) VR engine, improved lighting, character creator, multiplayer and more

All software require no revenue share and no royalty do need to release a new version every few years. I would honestly don't mind paying an annual fee for both AGK and GameGuru if it helps to bring new features for us faster. Of course I am not talking about subscription but simply that TGC could release a new version with new core features each year that we need to buy and we get bug fixes only for the rest of the year and for old version in case we don't upgrade. I think it could be a nice business model.

Quote: "32bit vs 64bit"

I also support the idea to upgrade to 64bit. Is there anyone at all using 32bit system today?
Yes Windows 10 do have a 32bit version but it is targeting businesses in the first place which can not afford to upgrade the hardware because they have say 500 PC's in the office and just can't upgrade them all. But all new hardware is 64bit now especially gaming and dev hardware but even low cost, low power school laptops runs 64bit Windows now.

What maybe also worth considering is that most school laptops comes with Windows 10 S which means the user can install apps from the Windows Store only. It is can be disabled but not recommended so maybe worth considering to release GG and even AGK in the Windows Store too which is yes require UWP which actually would be awesome to be able to target UWP because then we could target Windows 10 S and also Xbox.
PM
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2020 20:26
As I work with GG the questions arise.

Will this be possible in GGMax?
1- I would like to be able to attach an object / tool to the player easily and safely, for example: the player picks up a hammer from the ground and uses it to break a door, of course for this, the player would have to have arms and hands, which would not be bad either.

2- I wish the player could push / attract things like a very large wooden box that hinders an entry, but realistically, this again involves arms and hands of course.

3- I currently work in a quicksand trap, and although the ground is lively, and the player slowly sinks until he dies, the result does not seem realistic enough; Question: Would it be possible to include some type of quicksand (particle editor and so on) in order to achieve something similar?

An inventory system, and the jump to 64bits, seems like a great step forward.
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics
cpu mark: 10396.6
2d graphics mark: 947.9
3d graphics mark: 8310.9
memory mark 2584.8
Disk mark: 1146.3
Passmark rating: 3662.4

PM
Monkey Frog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2020 20:36 Edited at: 6th Feb 2020 20:37
If I can complete the current project I am working on (my own tabletop RPG system) before the end of this year, then I can start on my 3D game project. While gearing up for that, I've looked at a lot of 3D game engines. Of course, there is Unreal with its Blueprints system (for those who like to program visually). But an engine that has really caught my attention is S2 (or, as it is called, S2 Engine HD). This engine is only $19. I really think that Lee should take a look at this engine. It's worth the $19 investment, in my opinion. The reason? It has several really cool features made easily accessible to the end-user ... even if they are not programmers.

First off, the weather system is fantastic. You can easily set up day/night cycles, rain, and more. And it looks amazing. The clouds are pretty darned amazing, too. And it's all pretty easily customizable. If there were something akin to this in GG MAX, that would rock.

Secondly, the water system. Water, especially ocean water with waves, looks amazing. Again, it's a system that is very easy to set up and tinker with even if you're not a programmer. You can set up areas via drag and drop to simulate wind and affect the water to make waves and more.

Thirdly, the developer has exposed all sorts of controls for color grading and other visual effects that allow the end-user, without programming, to be able to adjust the look of their game. Do you want your game black and white? It's not a problem. Just adjust the settings. Do you want a grainy film look? Again, not a problem. Want saturated or de-saturated colors? Sure, have at it. Want to adjust shadow quality, SSAO, and more? It's all there. And not a line of programming is needed to set this up for your game.

Fourthly, the developer has something called GameMachine, which is a Blueprints-like visual coding system for non-programmers. It's a state machine system that allows the end-user to set up all sorts of things from animation (including animation blending) to interactions (triggers and the like).

The UI needs work. The engine is not perfect. But it's a lone developer making it all and I think there is a good bit of inspiration to be found in this engine. To top it off, the developer is creating his own game with S2 called, Hell Seed (if I remember correctly). What's cool about this is it allows the developer to use his own engine in a development environment. As he encounters bugs and show-stoppers that affect his own game, he will correct them in the engine. And that will trickle down to all who own a license.

I think it's possible GG MAX could do what S2 does, but even simpler, making it super-easy for non-programmers to complete games within specific genres. I'm not here trying to promote S2, but asking Lee to take a look at what the engine offers and see if there is a way to implement some of its better features in MAX.
fearlesswee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2020 20:47
Quote: "What's cool about this is it allows the developer to use his own engine in a development environment."

TGC needs to do something like this, I feel like it would be a great exercise to iron out issues and bugs. (After Max launches in September that is.)

And man speaking of S2 Engine, it is just so graphically impressive, the water especially blew me away when I got it on sale a few months ago! If GG Max could have that kind of water I'm sold! (But there would have to be swimming so we could make the water functional too! At the very least there should be an underwater shader/effect, the community could probably program swimming without too much hassle..)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 05:50:01
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 05:50:01