Product Chat / [LOCKED] GameGuru MAX

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Before i buy please can someone tell me more about the multiplayer option?
We Need to host a Server, how many Players etc.?
Cheers Flo.
PM
Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2020 11:20 Edited at: 8th Feb 2020 11:24
Question: Will the improved character creator resolve issues like this?

The current one seems to just bolt meshes together without any thought to how they might be used, meaning bits of the different meshes often stick out or don't align properly. This is one of the main reasons I don't use the Character Creator tool.

To my mind, the only way to resolve this is either to have a fixed base mesh for the whole character which has controls built in to distort the mesh (height, weight, arm length, face shape etc.)...or some sort of solution that welds vertexes from the different meshes together so they move appropriately (not sure how this would work in practice).

AE

Attachments

Login to view attachments
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Before i buy please can someone tell me more about the multiplayer option?
We Need to host a Server, how many Players etc.?
Cheers Flo."

We haven't had that info yet.
Still waiting to hear.
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2020 12:21 Edited at: 8th Feb 2020 15:17
I think a lot rides on character creator
The limitations on the current are very disappointing
The lack of heads or attachments or body shapes and limited ai

I reckon a basic shape mesh is needed that has all motions seperate but will attach when completed
Then they either have the distorter with optional attachments then a paint system maybe. When happy you attach the animation skeleton and hey presto then yku just add the script ai which maybe dropbox or howsver ai is done then complete

That would probably have the makings of the best ever game maker
Thats a no brainer you see farntoo many same characters doing samenthings its too obvious soniif you get an endless possibilities maker with a large array of add ons like in the original version but add cloaks different clothes etc its a winner you will become iconic on the scene. If you have variety of living things the excitement factor is endless

So there is no underwater swimming or going under water?
Or you just happy with how it is at present?

Water and zwimming and under swimming is important to Me. And a deal maker/breaker
an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!
MadLad Designs
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2020 12:37
Apart from MAX (assumingly) being better, faster and smoother than 'Classic'. How far beyond Classic is MAX going?

Will it still be 'the all-round gamemaker' as classic was supposed to be? Or is MAX just focused on first-person shooters?
Check out my YouTube Gaming Channel: /user/MadLadDesigns
W10 Home 64-bit, Intel i3-7100 dual-core 3.90GHz, nVidia GTX1050 4Gb, 8Gb ram
OldFlak
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2020 12:53
Quote: "@OldFlak : Perhaps you can assemble some of your custom entities that have transparency, make a very small FPM and start marker and let me know what I am seeing, and why it is wrong. These are the best bug reports as I can see it instantly, and the fix follows very soon afterwards."

Email with requested info sent

OldFlak....
aka Reliquia
i7-4790 @ 3.2GHz. 8GB Ram. NVidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB. M1: Acer 31.5" @1920x1080 M2: Samsung 31.5" @ 1920 x 1080. M3: Acer 24" @ 1920 x 1080. OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Insider.
PM
osiem80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2020 12:55
Quote: "Will it still be 'the all-round gamemaker' as classic was supposed to be? Or is MAX just focused on first-person shooters?"

And no support 4 RPG and third person?Would that make sense?I dont think so.In 2 months the alpha will be released and most of our questions will be answered.
PM
shivers
Years of Service
User Offline
hello
I have seen that Lee has said there is no underwater in max I feel this is a mistake , But its his product I'm just wondering how max will be able to load old levels with water if no support for that is there????? And i use a lot of water I love lakes and such.
PM
Supe
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2020 16:05
lee please tell us more a bout mp its important for us...
laptop lenovo ideapad 320
Monkey Frog
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow. That Steam discussion board on GameGuru MAX is toxic. And it's obvious that people there don't read, but just vent. They are acting like they'd spent $1000 on GameGuru instead of $25 (or less, if they got it on sale).
UNIRD12B
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2020 16:47
Quote: "Wow. That Steam discussion board on GameGuru MAX is toxic. And it's obvious that people there don't read, but just vent. They are acting like they'd spent $1000 on GameGuru instead of $25 (or less, if they got it on sale)."

hehehe --you mean all 4 that are talking about it ?

UNIRD12B
Let\'s actually make something happen with this one !
UNIRD12B
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2020 16:51 Edited at: 8th Feb 2020 16:52
at LEE ....

https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/221256

Quote: "Quote: "Posted: 25th Oct 2019 11:26Link
Is there anything new updates re: VR in GameGuru ? Is it actually going to happen?

Posted: 20th Nov 2019 19:10Link
Yep on its way ..""
Let\'s actually make something happen with this one !
Corno_1
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Before i buy please can someone tell me more about the multiplayer option?
We Need to host a Server, how many Players etc.?"

It is the implementation of the photon SDK.
https://www.photonengine.com/

I do not know if every feature is in GG Max, but you can get a first impression. (the examples are in c# for unity, so it will be a bit different in GG)
Ebe Editor Free - Build your own EBE structures with easy and without editing any text files
Thread and Download
PM
wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: CSGO
Posted: 8th Feb 2020 17:38
Quote: "Wow. That Steam discussion board on GameGuru MAX is toxic. And it's obvious that people there don't read, but just vent. They are acting like they'd spent $1000 on GameGuru instead of $25 (or less, if they got it on sale).
"

Yeah pretty sad, but steam going to steam.Rather ignore it, not worth the effort or time.If I remember correctly I got a disk copy which still have of fpsc classic and x10, fpsc was $50 and x10 was $70 from what I remember.

So $50 15 years later is a bargain.

That said lee might have screwed up a bit with the naming and the wording that got people annoyed for no reason.Honestly i would have gone with a entirely different name instead of gameguru max and avoided the whole seems like an upgrade post.

I would have gone with 'Gameguru 2' '2' already implies a new version instead of an upgrade. Where do you move with max with the next version.

I dont know just my opinion on the matter.
Win7 64bit----iCore5 4590 @ 3.7GHZ----AMD RX460 2gb----16gig ram
Monkey Frog
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm okay with "MAX". I think it is consistent with how they've named their other products that are related. For example, you had AppGameKit. Then it became AppGameKit Classic when AppGameKit Studio was released. Now we have GameGuru. It will become GameGuru Classic when GameGuru MAX is released. If they had named it GameGuru 2, then it would definitely seem like an upgrade and people would be expecting upgrade pricing from v1 to v2. But, like you, this is just my opinion.

I do agree that using the word "upgrade" was a mistake. MAX should have been promoted as a new version from the get go.
Safak Yalcinkaya
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: All retro games...
Posted: 8th Feb 2020 17:51
pre-ordered completed. keep up the good work lee. thanks...
Legends never die... Commodore 64, Amiga 500/1200
Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2020 18:21
@Lee - Im confident about GG Max so have pre-ordered.
Aftershock Quad Core AMD FM2+ 3.5 GHz 8GB Motherboard and Processor, A7700k apu, Asus GT970 STRIX 4gb Nvidia gfx card.
King Korg Synth, Alesis SR18 Drum Machine, Akai MPX8 sample player, Roland Fantom XA Synth, Axus Digital AXK2 Digital Drum Kit, Novation Ultranova Synth, Waldorf Blofeld Synth, Roland D05 Synth Module, Bluedio Victory V Headphones, AKG K141 Studio Headphones, Lenovo Ideapad, with Windows 10 64bit, 8Gb Ram and AMD A10 7th Gen Graphics. Acer Swift i3 Laptop with Intel Optane memory, Intel 620UHD GPU, Windows 10 64bit.
Lance
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2020 19:17
I pre ordered GG Max to support Lee and the team . To tell the truth I hope the interface doesn't end up looking like AGK Studio . I bought Studio to help support them and stopped using it because of the interface and went back to AGK Classic . Thats me though .
64 bit is more important to me than the interface or the pretty graphics . A solid foundation is #1 with me ...
Lance
Lance

Joined 22nd Jul 2003

PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2020 19:43 Edited at: 8th Feb 2020 19:45
Im kind of looking at it from the other point of view as well .. Classic code must be all over the place now and even if Lee could implement all those things it wouldn't be pretty .. Fresh coded engine with all those features and 64 bit and only for 20 bucks. Anyone would be mad not to buy it even if they weren't happy to pay for it … Unless your 32 bit of course in which case sorry
PM
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2020 20:03
I seriously doubt its a 'fresh coded' solution, certain parts will be thrown away and replaced by off the shelf stuff I would imagine (like MP and VR) and others by 'fresh-coded' solutions but the vast majority of the code will just be retained and tweaked to be 64-bit friendly.

Hopefully they use this opportunity to upgrade to a newer version of Bullet as well.

Been there, done that, got all the T-Shirts!
PM
GubbyBlips
Years of Service
User Offline
"Hopefully they use this opportunity to upgrade to a newer version of Bullet as well."

Sure, physics improvements would be great.
... As long as the old scripts that people have created would still work...

Maybe 'Bullet' is an entity/ (product) of itself or in-house?
PM
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2020 20:35
No Bullet is not in-house.

Look up Bullet Physics Engine on google.

Been there, done that, got all the T-Shirts!
PM
Kitakazi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2020 22:05 Edited at: 8th Feb 2020 22:25
Quote: " building in lots of blood effects to the core product, such as blood pools, gibs flying of exploding humans, tearing skin and blood soaked clothing."

Oh yes please. Also,
What Argent Arts said...
Quote: "For the September release, and since GG MAX has its roots in FPS Creator, etc., I think that GG MAX should come, out of the box, with everything the end-user would need to create a DOOM-styled game. Everything from the mechanics (triggers for doors, keys to unlock locked doors, enemy AI, weapons and item pick-up and use, etc.) to a basic menu system that can be customized (save/load game, pick easy or hard for play, options for sound volume, fx volume, screen resolution, etc.) to a customizable GUI (ammo amount, health, etc.), etc. If a basic FPS game can be created that meets or exceeds this, then we are at least on the right track. From there, more could be implemented."
Cylo
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, I'm pretty excited about this.
Just one question, due to having a solo project in the pipeline, and having a ton of DLC and store assets... I think now I'll switch it to GG MAX, will it be compatible with GG Classic assets?
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "will it be compatible with GG Classic assets"

I would imagine so but the question is would you really want to use them ?
PM
Earthling45
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2020 22:58
Quote: "Classic code must be all over the place now and even if Lee could implement all those things it wouldn't be pretty .. Fresh coded engine with all those features and 64 bit and only for 20 bucks. Anyone would be mad not to buy it even if they weren't happy to pay for it …"

Well, that is just it, i'll be happy to pay 50 if it isn't the old spaghetti with some enchangements.
Lee should have been cautious on the date of release, maybe even have waited with this news till he has something to show us which will grow out to be GGM as the successor of the old GG.
Moreover, it should be a solid engine which should not be released while it is far from finished like GG has been.
All the critisism, allthough not liked, should be listened to and answered with the release of a solid game engine.
Monkey Frog
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Lee should have been cautious on the date of release, maybe even have waited with this news till he has something to show us which will grow out to be GGM as the successor of the old GG."

I kind of agree with this. The new UI with shots of the "old" GameGuru engine don't help to sell MAX. It makes it look like, to the casual viewer, that it's the same old engine with a shiny new UI (that actually doesn't appear all that new in some respects). I'm afraid some people won't read the text, but just look at the images.

Having said that, the announcement, both here and on Steam, has certainly generated a lot of discussion and, as we've seen, quite a few pre-purchases. So, I guess we could say that this is working. People are at least talking about MAX and a few are even buying. The true test, I think, will be when MAX is finally released ...
benjiboy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2020 00:22 Edited at: 9th Feb 2020 01:44
From your question answering post Lee you are suggesting than none of the existing DLC will be useable in GGMax.

Have I got that right?

Now I know I have complained in the past about the many assets that have not been brought forward from FPSC days properly, that have incorrect settings and generally trivial faults, but if I'm not going to be able to use all that stuff that I bought from you in GGMax, then you are not just asking me to stump up £23 to get what has previously been promised for GG, you are actually asking me to be prepared to pay for all those assets - again.

That I certainly will not do, so if you are dumping all those dlc, what can we expect to get in the way of assets in GGMax?
Quote: "I would imagine so but the question is would you really want to use them ?"

@synchromesh - Abso ******ly lutely. They cost me more than the engine, defective as many of them are without me putting in additional effort to make them useable, sold to me as free to use in any other application as I see fit - and the people who sold them to me are suggesting they're not worth having? Listen to yourself man. It's like talking to a used car salesman.
You can't teach an old dog.
Titantropo
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Diablo III
Posted: 9th Feb 2020 00:41 Edited at: 9th Feb 2020 00:48
DJ Déjà Vu in the house again!

Because we had FPSC with lots of problems that were not solved, and we moved to FPSCR/GG and we have problems that are not solved yet, and are going to move to GGM. Ok, there's this promise to solve all of them now (or in a very near future), but we fear it will be an empty promise. Because, you barely have time and resourses to handle a game engine and you'll handle two at the same time? As it was said more than once, should have "completed" GG and then moved to a new one. Not repeat what was already done before, move on before it's finished.

And to think that I said several times on the forum: "better to make it fully functional and then add new stuff." But no, always new stuff, even with older problems. Conclude it! And then add some more. You haven't finished a house, but you're making more rooms already. And next time you still haven't finished it, but you make more rooms. And so on.

Another thing we fear is that this will keep forever "to milk the cow" as it was also already said. Because, let's face it: you sell a product capable of "making and sell your own games", but how many games were made and sold (let's just say 1000 copies) with FPSC/FPSCR/GG? None? Few to none? At least less than 100. And you start over again. And people start to think: no one will be able to sell anything. Because the game engine is full of problems that are never solved, but they advance to a new version with a new name.
Let me be clrea: I'm not against having a new version every year like vegas. But vegas is a finished product that can do what is supposed to do. Period. If you could finish the game engine for us to be able to make a game (a DOOM? Why not? Or maybe a smaller game, but bigger than a Get to The River) then by all means, do a FPSC/GG/GGM/GGMV2/GGMGTR, every 6 months! And we'll upgrade as we wish/can. Just make it functional and finish it! Then go for a new version. A DLC. A Ad-on. But (have I said it already?) finish the prevous one first!

Now it's my time to make a déjà vu: for the new GG MAX build a "box" around the world, as I have asked countless times. We start the game in a 256x256 map, we get to the edge and see nothing. Emptyness as the eye can see. It's strange. Yes, we can cover it with trees, buildings or mountains. But that will be consuming ram and other much needed computer resources that could go to other things.
Oh, and let us decide if we want a floor or not, don't just assume we don't.

Finally, I agree that it is unfair for everyone who already bought one or two of your game engines and are reluctant to purchase a new one, not having the chance of paying half price, just because we want to wait and see how MAX will be like. Maybe some new keys at 25€ for those who already bought FPSC and FPSCR/GG, after we see how everything goes?
Here, there and everywhere.
PM
blueFire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2020 02:26
How do I find out if my graphics card is capable of running GGMax? My graphics card is an Intel HD Graphics 5500. Will GGMax run on that?
drewtaylorr
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Pre- Ordered! Excited for the future and looking forward to building a lot of projects in Max!
Kill or Be Killed
World Class Multimedia
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Game Development
Posted: 9th Feb 2020 08:17 Edited at: 9th Feb 2020 08:18
Svartvatten,

There is a script or two in the store that does quests like you asked.

blueFire,

No, Intel graphics will NOT run a very graphics heavy engine. Get a Nvidia 960 or better. The 1070 and 1080 are also not terribly expensive now.

Argent_Arts,

No offense, but it better be able to make WAY WAY WAY better than DOOM out of the box. First, I like indoor/outdoor engines. Second, DOOM came out in the 80's or 90's. I'd rather it resemble Crysis or No Man's Sky, but better. Hell, FPSCR could make better than DOOM indoor levels.

Mike
YOU DREAM IT - WE CREATE IT!

www.atomiccatinteractive.com

For world-class virtual instruments - www.supersynths.com
Cylo
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
@synchromesh
Quote: "I would imagine so but the question is would you really want to use them ?
"

Yes I would use them, having bought all of them for one project, that I will continue on GG MAX for it having better performance for sure.
PM
Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2020 10:19
64 bit - happy
Lee says new lighting and terrain being designed from the ground up, no pun intended. - great
Better GUI - Great

Things that could and should be addressed in the new GG Max, better font handling for text, the ability to use windows fonts, or at least load in a windows font to use in GG Max. Scalable and coloured as well. Sprite handling and the jaggies problem too. Sprite collision detection if needed.

Save standalone problems - this is a biggie, more stable and better creation of a standalone 64 bit exe, with editor built into the new GUI to alter and customise all screens and text.

SaveGame during testgame and standalone, a more intelligent save game too, which takes into account entity states, doors whether open/closed/locked/unlocked/ and and inventory or course, with editable GUI elements.
Aftershock Quad Core AMD FM2+ 3.5 GHz 8GB Motherboard and Processor, A7700k apu, Asus GT970 STRIX 4gb Nvidia gfx card.
King Korg Synth, Alesis SR18 Drum Machine, Akai MPX8 sample player, Roland Fantom XA Synth, Axus Digital AXK2 Digital Drum Kit, Novation Ultranova Synth, Waldorf Blofeld Synth, Roland D05 Synth Module, Bluedio Victory V Headphones, AKG K141 Studio Headphones, Lenovo Ideapad, with Windows 10 64bit, 8Gb Ram and AMD A10 7th Gen Graphics. Acer Swift i3 Laptop with Intel Optane memory, Intel 620UHD GPU, Windows 10 64bit.
OldFlak
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2020 11:19
Quote: "better font handling for text, the ability to use windows fonts, or at least load in a windows font to use in GG Max. Scalable and coloured as well. "

Agree - one font for text is just like, really - My system has heaps of fonts, it would be nice if MAX would allow us to use them.

Quote: "Save standalone problems - this is a biggie, more stable and better creation of a standalone 64 bit exe, with editor built into the new GUI to alter and customise all screens and text."

Yep - no idea why the GG doesn't have that already

Couple more...
- Allow us to have control of the dreaded start-up 'Preparing Core Files' - so we can change the font, or the message, or just hide it completely.
- Built in camera shake and simple lua command to use it - shakecamera(x,y,z,amount,seconds)

OldFlak....

aka Reliquia
i7-4790 @ 3.2GHz. 8GB Ram. NVidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB. M1: Acer 31.5" @1920x1080 M2: Samsung 31.5" @ 1920 x 1080. M3: Acer 24" @ 1920 x 1080. OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Insider.
PM
Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2020 11:38
@OldFlak - Yes I agree with you on the Startup messages too, and camera shake is a great idea, nice and simple.
Monkey Frog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2020 11:48 Edited at: 9th Feb 2020 11:49
Quote: "Argent_Arts,

No offense, but it better be able to make WAY WAY WAY better than DOOM out of the box. First, I like indoor/outdoor engines. Second, DOOM came out in the 80's or 90's. I'd rather it resemble Crysis or No Man's Sky, but better. Hell, FPSCR could make better than DOOM indoor levels."

I didn't mean in visual quality. As stated previously, we don't need a ray casting game engine. I mean that all the base mechanics that make up an FPS need to be in the September release ... and I used DOOM as a basis. This would mean that I would expect to see MAX include the ability to easily set up triggers for things like doors and more, keys to open locked doors, enemy AI, level loading for going to a new level, saving/loading a game, choosing how difficult the game is (easy, medium, difficult, etc.), having the ability to customize a basic FPS UI (including health, ammo, etc.), being able to pick up and cycle through weapons, being able to pick up and use items (health, etc.), playing background music, playing sound effects, having the ability to adjust sound levels during game play via an Options menu, etc., etc.

Yes, GameGuru "Classic" already has most of this. My point was to use the grandfather of all FPS games and ensure that MAX, out of the box, can AT LEAST do everything that it did. In other words, I feel that I should be able to install MAX and, other than the assets, create a MODERN Doom clone (not visually, but mechanically), nothing lacking. From there, TGC can expand MAX to include other 3D genres. And, of course, those who can code can use LUA to go even further.

What I don't want, as a non-coder, is to only be able to put together part of a game because BASIC features are missing or require coding.
Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2020 12:10
Just added a few ideas on github for GG Max

https://github.com/TheGameCreators/GameGuruRepo/issues/685
HarryWever
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2020 12:21
i also have pre -ordered... nice....
Harry
When nothing goes right, go left
PM
Ertlov
GameGuru BOTB Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2020 12:28 Edited at: 9th Feb 2020 12:30
Quote: "but how many games were made and sold (let's just say 1000 copies) with FPSC/FPSCR/GG"

Copies sold:*)
Robert D. Anderson: Around 75.000 (FPSC 1.04) (might be much higher, some 3rd parties didnt report their numbers)
Into the Dark: Around 150.000 (FPSC 1.20)
Father`s Island: Around 15.000 (GameGuru)
All numbers including bundle and sales up to -75%, so no one got rich, but the business case was solid.

But I couldnt roll out a commercially viable Game with GameGuru right now unless I made another 1 level walking simulator.

*) only confirmed sales were Roys were actually paid. I did some stupid deals for lump sums, where I dont know the total number and always had to estimate / guess
"I am a road map, I will lead and you will follow, I will teach and you will learn, when you leave my sprint planning you will be weapons, focused and full of JIRA tickets, Hot Rod rocket development gods of precision and strength, terrorizing across the repository and hunting for github submits."
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2020 13:51 Edited at: 9th Feb 2020 13:58
Quote: " easily set up triggers for things like doors and more, keys to open locked door"

Place a key on your map. Give it a name like "Key 1".
Place a door on your map. Select the door and go to its properties, and then under "Use Key" put "Key 1".

Quote: " playing background music, playing sound effects, having the ability to adjust sound levels during game play via an Options menu, etc., etc."

Build Standalone Game.
Run Standalone Game.
Press ESC
Select Sound Options.

Store Assets - Store Link

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GTX 960

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Monkey Frog
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes, I know that GameGuru can do this. As I said in my other post:

Quote: "Yes, GameGuru "Classic" already has most of this."

I wasn't trying to say that it doesn't do this. What I was trying to say (and obviously failing) was the MAX, when released, should be able to do ALL that a classic game like DOOM can do out of the box. If it doesn't do at least that, then you cannot actually create a decent FPS (for example).
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2020 15:10
I hope the new lip sync might help me with chars talking.
In the video below I am using the 1,2,3 keys, if the player presses the 1 key the player will ask the corresponding question and the AI will give the corresponding answer as well; It does not matter in what order the question is asked.
In the video I have not worked the animation times, I did it just to test the script, and I am using automatic animation.

Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics
cpu mark: 10396.6
2d graphics mark: 947.9
3d graphics mark: 8310.9
memory mark 2584.8
Disk mark: 1146.3
Passmark rating: 3662.4

PM
Pink Panther
Years of Service
User Offline
Pre-ordered and excited about the possibilities. One question though..."no underwater system planned" Does that mean the character can no longer go underwater? That seems like a step backward. Although going underwater now isn't great , it isn't too bad either. I love how the view is distorted to simulate being under the surface.
PM
Gamemaker123825
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2020 17:11
Does this mean that GameGuru that we have now, will not get any new updates Like new futures and stuff like that?
blueFire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2020 17:23
What platforms (Consoles, Windows, WebGL, etc...) will projects created with GGMax be able to target? Preferably with one click build.
osiem80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2020 17:24
i cant wait 6 months, hope they finish faster
PM
Monkey Frog
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Does this mean that GameGuru that we have now, will not get any new updates Like new futures and stuff like that?"

Please, people, read through the thread. Make sure your question hasn't already been asked and answered. Lee already answered this one ... more than once, if I remember correctly.

Quote: "i cant wait 6 months, hope they finish faster"

While I would certainly like to have MAX yesterday, I'd rather they take their time and get the software right. I'm actually surprised that there is a September release date, especially given that Lee has stated he's not begun to code the new engine yet. In any case, if you've pre-purchased, there's supposed to be an Alpha version available sometime in April.
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
preordered right now.. want t continue to be part of the Family..
PC 2 Specs:
AMD RYZEN 2600 SIX CORE @3,70, 64GB RAM DDR4 2400, M/B GIGABYTE AX370
SVGA NVDIA 1660GTX 6GB , SSD M.2 TRANSCEND S110 1TB, 1X HDD SEAGATE BARRACUDA 4TB, 1X HDD TOSHIBA 2TB

PC 2 Specs:
AMD QUADCORE 880K @4.5GHZ, 32GB RAM DDR3 1600, M/B ASUS A88XM-PLUS
SVGA RADEON R9 380 4GB , SSD KINGSTON A400 1TB, 2X HHD SEAGATE BARRACUDA 4TB
PM
osiem80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2020 00:21
Quote: "want t continue to be part of the Family"

PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 14:02:04