Third Party Tools / Run your GG level on mobile / mac / linux.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
smallg: The GUI is just for "first time" conversion of everything and only everything , and to quickly convert ( unzip the fpm to your project, and convert the dds ) the level your working on to GG Loader , like in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wh10jZTIyW4

Its mush easier for you to just move "entitybank" to the project your currently working on

It was never meant to only collect the media you use in your project, GG Loader already do this in your "ggmedia" folder.

It will copy and convert everything including sound,skybox,terrain,gamecore... everything so you have a copy of all available media in png format. This is good if you normally dont work on Windows ( like me ) but on mac / linux , so you can just copy everything from gamegurutmp to your mac , and you have access to everything, if i need a new skybox,terrain texture, etc.... its already there so i just copy

It should convert everything including _markers , not sure what happened , it do use a lot of memory and i seen that it can stop if your using the computer for other things at the same time , mainly when its converting some of the 64mb dds images, not sure if that what happened ?

best regards Preben Eriksen,
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
GG Loader 1.21 released.

* Include simple AI that allow characters to follow GameGuru waypoints.
Characters is assigned to the nearest waypoint index. So you can have many different sets of waypoints that allow different movement for different characters. If a character is to far away from a waypoint it will just act normal. Characters will follow its waypoint set in both directions.
* Gem world level is now working.
* Other minor bug fixes.

Download now from daily3d.com

smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
I see, I thought so but then I got confused when it didn't seem to be doing that, I ran it twice and it runs for maybe an hour, goes past copying all the folders and starts deleting dds files etc but when it is finished (at least it seems to be finished - there's no message as such, just allows me to click the "start" button again at least - there's not many folders inside the entity bank (had a quick look and it seems all the others are correct though, I'll double check later).

I can always do it manually as I have done before so it's not a problem, just curious if I was doing it wrong or it is a bug, there sure is a lot of stuff to convert when you start dealing with the entire entity bank so I can totally understand running out of memory, perhaps a way to do it in sections would be a good idea for a future release?
lua guide for GG
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=398177770
windows 10
i5 @4ghz, 8gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2017 15:13 Edited at: 21st Mar 2017 15:21
Released GG Loader 1.22: > Download <

* Allow you to import a standard heightmap and get it into GameGuru.
* Allow you to import raw 16 bit heightmap and get it into GameGuru.

Use: saveheightmap("TerrainHeightmap.png","m.dat",0.40,16) , to convert a standard height map , 0.40 = scale factor , 16= how mush to smooth the terrain , normal height maps is 8 bits, so you need to smoothen it otherwise it will look like minecraft , you might have to use GameGuru smooth after the conversion to remove patterns.

Use: saverawheightmap("terrainraw.raw","m.dat",0.18) , to convert a raw 16 bit heightmap this will give the best result. 0.18 = scale factor.
If you use Unity to generate the 16bit raw height map you should use these settings:

Why to allow you to quickly get a terrain into GameGuru, design your level, and get it right back into GG Loader

Quickly make advanced terrains:

Here is a video about how to use it:

Also added 3 terrains (levels) you can use for whatever you want, they are already converted. Just rename to .fpm and copy to your GameGuru mapbank.

creater1.zip: a large creater. hope your not afraid of heights.
terrain1.zip: a random terrain.
island1.zip: is the one from the video.

Download now from www.daily3d.com
http://www.daily3d.com/gg-loader-1-20-released

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Ertlov
GameGuru BOTB Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2017 14:00
Purchased today all of your stuff. Not needing it necessarily, but that must be supported
AMD FX 8Core @ 4GHZ - 16 GB DDR4 - 2xRadeon7950 - Windows 7 Ultimate
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Ertlov: Thanks i really appreciate it , perhaps you will use it when i get more features in there.

Today i got automated placement of grass and terrain painting automated so it will draw your beaches for you and place grass on your hills where its hard to place by hand , it dont just place grass it use a mandelbrot like formula to place formations of grass so it look more natural. Also it will only paint grass depending on slopes so you dont get grass on your rocks only where it should be see screenshot:

I need to make a proper terrain to really show you what it can do

Attachments

Ertlov
GameGuru BOTB Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2017 10:32
I am sorry, I really can't get a heightmap to import. I followed your video, GGloader seems to do something, but there is no m.dat created anywhere.
cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Cogwheel Chronicles
Posted: 10th Apr 2017 13:50
The m.dat is created its in one of the windows app temp folders. Not in office at moment but I will edit later with path if no one else has it to hand in mean time.

It works well once you find the file .

Cheers.
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Ertlov: Yes it will create the file in the AGK temporary folder under your project , so on windows this will be:

c:\Users\YOURUSER\AppData\Local\AGKApps\ggloader\media\m.dat

By default its a hidden folder , so you may have to use show hidden files to see it , you can read more about where AGK writes files here:
https://www.appgamekit.com/documentation/Reference/File/SetFolder.htm

Let me know if you find it

Ertlov
GameGuru BOTB Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2017 19:32
One step further and stuck again! How can I get the m.dat into gameguru? If I add it to an existing fpm, it delivers a 502 error upon opening...
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Ertlov: Your nearly there , it will give this error if you did not provide the password when adding it to the fpm , i use total commander , when you try to copy the file to the fpm it will ask for a password , just enter "mypassword" and it will work see screenshot , if you use another zip utility you should make sure that the "mypassword" is used when adding m.dat

Attachments

Ertlov
GameGuru BOTB Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2017 10:43 Edited at: 12th Apr 2017 10:44
HALLELUJAH!

I give you: Tasmania, imported

Attachments

Ertlov
GameGuru BOTB Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2017 11:11 Edited at: 12th Apr 2017 11:11
and here an authentic piece of mars from a NASA Topographic Scan

Attachments

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2017 11:16
Awesome Ertlov / Preben - need to find time to try all this...
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, C#, VB, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; 12GB.
FPSC to GameGuru Tools: AutoWelder/SegAutoWelder, Entity+Weapon Welder, FPEtoBAT
cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2017 11:28
Another terrain importing addict is forming I see
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Ertlov just proved that there have been water on mars, i see the enormous channel carved by floods,That is a pretty interesting landscape, did you find any meteor craters up there

Ertlov
GameGuru BOTB Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2017 12:25 Edited at: 12th Apr 2017 12:53
Yes, I found!

And they are in the map.

Now I am converting a 8k topographic map of antarctica to Into the Ice Levels ^^
Ertlov
GameGuru BOTB Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2017 13:39
Now, that I am fully on, I have identified some interesting issues:

1. The terrain reflection in the water doesn't seem to be the same as what it reflects.

2. The distance transition (even set to max) leads to a sharp cut-off between the detailled terrain and a fuzzy color overlay.

Screenshots attached!

Attachments

Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Ertlov:
1. GG use medium for water reflection , try setting it to medium and see if it match ( for speed reasons ).
2. GG generates a basemap for the hole terrain , it uses slot4 (grass) and slot 15 (rock) to generate this , so try to make sure that your texture in slot4 match the colors of your most used color on your terrain.

Lee: what shader is used to generate the basemap ( HighlighterSampler , was not able to find it ) , how often is this shader called , and is it something i can change somewhere or is it made internally ? , it looks like it only use 2 textures and dont sample using all 16 terrain textures.
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2017 15:46
The highlighter texture comes from "Files\effectbank\reloaded\media\circle.dds" and is used as the built-in terrain cursor for editing only. When you say "basemap", what do you refer. As you know we have the terrain_basic.fx shader, which is the only shader used in the process of rendering terrain in the game world. No other shader outputs data which then becomes an input texture to the terrain shader except the shadow mapping.
PC SPECS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-5930K (PASSMARK:13645), NVIDIA Geforce GTX 980 GPU (PASSMARK:9762) , 32GB RAM

cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2017 16:36
I think Preben means this part/texture used for far distance terrain:

// read from pre-rendered mega texture of whole terrain
float4 diffusemap = float4(tex2D(HighlighterSampler,IN.TexCoord/500.0f).xyz,1);

which is texture - HighlighterMap

Is this or how is this connected to the superpalette.ter file - just noticed that sometimes this far terrain texture can get out of step with the close terrain texturtes, but if delete this file and let it regenerate it resolves this?

Cheers.

Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2017 16:44 Edited at: 13th Apr 2017 16:46
Basemap ( one large texture of the hole terrain textured ).
Yes

produce the distant terrain , i tried changing mainlightPS_distant and mainlightPS_lowest , and it dont seam to be any of those inside "terrain_basic.fx" that generate the distance terrain ?
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Ertlov , terrain fixed here : https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/217824#msg2577355 , could you try to make screenshots in the same locations so i can see if more need to be done
Ertlov
GameGuru BOTB Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2017 16:33
Both fixes confirmed. Excellent work, as always!
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2017 11:32 Edited at: 22nd Apr 2017 11:36
I stopped selling GG Loader from daily3d.com , GameGuru Loader is now only available on Steam.
For the people that have backed this project and already got a daily3d.com account , i really appreciate this and will make sure to update your accounts with all the latest versions ( same as the steam versions ), there will not be any free steam keys for current users, but i will make sure you WANT to use daily3d.com to download. All your accounts are going to be upgraded to… ? (non GameGuru Loader related), more about this later, you baked this and i want to show you how mush i appreciate that

If you prefer a steam key instead of a daily3d.com account, give me a email: plemsoft@plemsoft.com and i will replace your daily3d.com account with a steam key

Your daily3d.com has already been updated to the same version as the steam version ggloader130.zip and ggloaderGUI110.zip.
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Update 24-Apr-17:

Added for next release (soon).

You can now add as many GameGuru levels you like to the same GameGuru Loader project. Just call function loadlevel("gameguru") , normally you put your level in \ggloader\media\gameguru , just create a new folder like \ggloader\media\level2 and simply call loadlevel(“level2”) to start and play a new level.

Third Person Player Camera. If you set a character in GameGuru to TPP and in GameGuru Loader use “global TPPcamera = 1” , it will find and use this character for the TPP camera. I added a system that you can expand if you like swimming,jumping or other animations. It will give you a start and you can see how to control the animations.

Check out how cool the flashlight looks when fired from the TPP

smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Quick work.
The flashlight look great in third person, already better than the GG version as it's actually helpful

Now realtime shadows from lights please and the real horror games can begin :p
lua guide for GG
windows 10
World Class Multimedia
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Game Development
Posted: 27th Apr 2017 13:45
Awesome. Thank you for this. I will get to work on Atomic Cat with this.

Mike
YOU DREAM IT - WE CREATE IT!

www.world-class-multimedia.com

For world-class virtual instruments - www.supersynths.com
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 30th Apr 2017 20:36
Quote: "* Allow you to import a standard heightmap and get it into GameGuru.
* Allow you to import raw 16 bit heightmap and get it into GameGuru.
"

Preben, I have a piece of software called rasieland, which is a heightmap generator, it outputs in either .OBJ, .PNG, or .RAW, now i'd like to get them into GG, but I can't justify spending £60 for AGK and a further £22 for Loader, but i could justify spending £22 for Loader, so what I was wondering was, can Loader be run without AGK so I can use it to convert? Or does it have to have AGK to run?

Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Belidos:
Quote: "be run without AGK so I can use it to convert?"

No it is source code so you will need AGK to compile unfortunately. If/when i get some time i will see if i can add a standalone version

miki
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2017 15:36
Hi Preben,

Smashing program, thank you.

When I post the HTML5 to my server I get an error message when loading .

'Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected identifier'

I've used this server before often, successfully with both AGK and Construct2 .

Any ideas?

regards,
miki.
in the end
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 2nd May 2017 17:19
Quote: "No it is source code so you will need AGK to compile unfortunately. If/when i get some time i will see if i can add a standalone version "

If you created a standalone converter that simply converts .RAW, .PNG, or .OBJ to m.dat i would definitely pay £22 for that

Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2017 07:16 Edited at: 3rd May 2017 07:21
miki:
Quote: "Smashing program, thank you."

Thanks, and i really appreciate that you are supporting the work

Please PM me a link to the html5 game and i will check the exact problem.

But: Yes you need to use one of the mobile shaders packs for HTML5 , and disable realtimeshadow.
Change:
global realtimeshadow = 0
global normalshaderpath$ = "mobilepvlrs/"

If you insist in getting realtime shadows in html5 ( i will make a html5 shader pack that include realtime shadow later) , its all inside the shaders so you can enable it if you want.
Search all files in /media/desktop/ for text "//#define WEBGLVERSION" , and yes you need to enable this in all the shaders by removing "//" infront of that lines. Remember to backup first , you need the current setup when you compile for desktop

Edit: ups forgot in ggshadersetup.agc you also need "global webglversion = 1", if you change the shaders to "#define WEBGLVERSION"
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2017 14:50 Edited at: 4th May 2017 15:20
New GameGuru Loader version 1.32, going out today.

daily3D.com: updated , just login and download.
TGC accounts: update ready, release friday 5th.
Steam: update ready, release friday 5th.

ggloader132.zip
GGLoaderGUI111.zip

GUI 1.11:

Include bug fixes.

A new status bar to show progress.

Run faster, and remember you can now use skip “copy/convert if already exist”, so if you get a new DLC / Media its mush mush faster now, huge thanks to Sascha

GameGuru Loader 1.32:

Bug fixes.

Added: TPP camera support.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iv3rcmJIo64

Added: Support for multiply GameGuru levels in the same AGK project.
Instead of putting your level in /media/gameguru/ you can now also use /media/level1/ and call this function to load and play a new level - loadlevel("level1")
your first level must still go into /media/gameguru/

Added: Water shader. works on all platforms.

Get your copy here:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/623270/AppGameKit__GameGuru_Loader/

If you already tried GameGuru Loader, please post a review on steam, that would REALLY help me, and our friend GameGuru Loader
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Run faster, and remember you can now use skip “copy/convert if already exist”, so if you get a new DLC / Media its mush mush faster now, huge thanks to Sascha "

great, thanks
lua guide for GG
windows 10
miki
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2017 11:46 Edited at: 6th May 2017 13:53
Hi Preben,

I wanted to get positive results before getting back to you.

I've been waiting for this for so many years.

My original problem was a lacking 'AGKPlayer.data' in the HTML5 output folder.
I'll eventually understand your framework.

I'll tweak it 'till I get the desired green terrain and yellow brick roads.

Time to download your upgrade and play with that.

----------
for general info, so's you needn't go thru all 22? files.
----------
animfog.ps
animafoga.ps
cull.ps
normal.ps
terrainB.ps
----------
the above needed to be edited for ( '//#define WEBGLVERSION').
----------

Smashing Program (if not a little complicated) . Thank you

regards,
miki.

edit:

i suppose this is the upgrade

great improvement.
in the end
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
miki: Great to see you got your HTML5 game running , you can also just email me if you have a problem: plemsoft@plemsoft.com

Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
ggloader136.zip. Available now on Steam/TGC/daily3D.com

Simple game play system and extra AI.

The first step in making a GameGuru FPS level playable without any coding.

Get some quick shooting action on Mobile/Tablet/WebGL/Mac/Linux or Windows PC.

Also add a full “WASD” / desktop FPS mouse control system, that will detect if your running on a mobile, and add a mobile control system if so.

Added:
* Enemy Characters can hold and shoot weapons
* Enemy Characters can fall and die
* The player can now shoot weapons
* The player can die when health is depleted
* Mobile device controls - virtual joystick and fire button
* Desktop First Person Shooter Mouse controls
* Enemy shooting decals animations
* When the player is hit a decal animates
* Player gun cross-hair added
* Added sound effects
* Music for the game is supported
* Directional HUD damage effect

Easy to define enemy character shooting range / rate / precision.

A simple gameplay system to give you a quick start on your next FPS game, use it as is (no coding), or expand it to your needs.

Subscribe on YouTube for more news:
https://youtu.be/Pby0SOznzDw

Order GameGuru Loader now!

Help, please leave a Steam review and let me know you did so, this will really help me and GameGuru Loader
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
really nice, i like the fact they still move when shot on the ground
lua guide for GG
windows 10
World Class Multimedia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2017 02:05
How do I upgrade GGLoader? I bought it through STEAM as an AGK2 DLC?

Mike

Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
smallg: thanks

World Class Multimedia: Steam will update this , after it have updated you find the file in AGK editor in the drop down menu "DLC" under "GameGuru Loader" , ggloader136.zip

cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2017 12:04
How on earth did you get all that in? Awesome - looking forward to trying this out. Going to open up a lot of ports from GG to other platforms - at very least shorter form of large games or spin off games within same game world/lore and at most full ports with more coding and perhaps some shader compromises for mobile?

Very impressive, thanks.
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
cybernescence:
Quote: "How on earth did you get all that in?"

AGK is so nice to work in

Quote: "perhaps some shader compromises for mobile?"

It now have 5 different shader pack included , so you can select what shader pack to use in the config ( with no other changes needed ) and it will scale by speed vs. quality so you can target any platform with just some setting changes.

Quote: " shorter form of large games"

Or perhaps a demo level in HTML5 of your game , so people can try it
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2017 17:31
Brilliant.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the kind words , really appreciate it

TIP: Soldiers can hold any type of gun , simple to change , search ggfunc.agc for "colt.png" to see how , it will locate and use the GameGuru "FIRESPOT" so you just need to set what gun to use and everything else is automated.

Attachments

World Class Multimedia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2017 21:49
So, Preben,

Considering all the problems GG has with exporting a fully functional game, is your solution the answer? If we create levels in GG and then convert them to AGK, then write the AI and other small things and then compile/deploy to various formats, will it work?

Mike

smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2017 11:13 Edited at: 19th Jun 2017 11:14
Yes but remember the more custom scripts you add in GG will need to be done in AGK.
Preben has done a great job getting over most of the more commonly used stock scripts which will just work by default (they search for the script assigned to the entity in GG) so things like doors and AI work...

But of course he can't be expected to know every script you have and while AGK code looks similar to Lua it doesn't use the same commands as GG.

So by default you will be able to open your map, run around with a gun (don't think you can swap on the fly by default but I may be wrong and it isn't difficult to do as you assign the gun with just 1 string/line ), enter buildings and shoot enemies who shoot back... Basically anything you see in the videos he posts can be achieved very easily (for us, thanks to Preben's hard work).
lua guide for GG
windows 10
World Class Multimedia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2017 21:51
Our games are mostly either third-person non-shooting or kid-friendly with cartoon violence. Mostly melee with some tossing of stuff by bad guys. One of them is a 1st person non-shooter with very custom stuff (need to create custom meters and HUD graphics).

So, I guess 3rd party scripts will have to be re-written to work (specifically, ones that focus on interactivity). Fortunately, AGK Basic is very familiar to me (programmed DBP for years), so it should be a fun and not too frustrating exercise to re-write them inside of AGK.

Mike

Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
New version coming soon

Did i have problems with this video , youtube decided to break my 3 hour upload, so i had to upload again in 2 parts, screen recorder do delays when switching to full screen so... This video do not show all the new additions but some of them , so mainly watch it to see one big object as a level, some new AI, and how i (fumble) use GameGuru as a level editor for AGK 3D

Part1:

Part2:

New video that display more of the new features is coming soon.
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline

New version of GameGuru Loader has now been released on daily3d.com
Login and download: ggloader138.zip

TGC and Steam version will also be updated today.

Watch the news section for a video that display all the great new features

If possible please leave a review on steam:

Im already working on a new update (again), if you have something you like to see in the next update, please let me know

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 00:32:33
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 00:32:33