Third Party Tools / Run your GG level on mobile / mac / linux.

Author
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2016 06:46
thanks very much Preben, I look forward to trying this version out and GG version 1.133
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; 12GB.
FPSC to GameGuru Tools: SegAutoWelder, Entity+Weapon Welder
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2016 14:03
I'm getting very tempted by this! I've had AGK2 for some time now, but only opened it for the first time yesterday.
Desktop: i7 4770@3.4Ghz, 12GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX 1080, 1TB SSD, 1TB HDD; Laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz, 16GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX870M , 1TB SSD.
PM
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Jerry Tremble: Yes get on the AGK train , cross platform is the future, you might not even need GG Loader in a few month you properly already have coded you own " but if you want to save some time ... ", anyway everything is possible in AGK, GG Loader proves it , AGK is a pretty easy to learn lang. and with the instant broadcast feature, where you can test your game on your devices real-time, thats a real time saver you find nowhere else. ( you can also do real GREAT desktop games for Windows/Mac/Linux with all the glory ). And if you need any help , the AGK community is just as friendly as this

best regards Preben Eriksen,
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2016 01:07
I'm not really into this to sell games, I'm just here because I've had a fascination with video games since Pong. I'm not a big fan of the small screen, though, and neither are my eyes, lol. I opened up AGK yesterday for the first time (okay, I did open it the first time I downloaded it about a year or so ago or whenever I bought it to support GG, but did nothing at the time). I wrote my first "Hello World" and published it to my phone without reading any instructions. (It was THAT easy; impressive!) Then I looked on the documentation site and it really did remind my of DBPro. I should be able to get along with it just fine, but I can assure you I wouldn't try to code my own GG loader. I'll leave that to you and the rest of the "real" programmers! I will look further into it after the new year and after my wallet recovers from the coming holidays!
Desktop: i7 4770@3.4Ghz, 12GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX 1080, 1TB SSD, 1TB HDD; Laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz, 16GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX870M , 1TB SSD.
PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2016 12:46 Edited at: 19th Dec 2016 13:22
finally had time to open this and put together a real quick test map - so far i get missing objects from all but the first folder loaded on my pc *edit, only 2 objects seem to be missing - purple bullet and yellow bullet from Low Polygon\Cartoon* and nothing but terrain on mobile (edit, see pic2).
also drawing paths on terrain doesnt seem to work, is that expected? i just get the texture in lines around the path but the middle of the path is still normal terrain rather than the painted texture (see pic - from pc).

p.s. im not getting anything in ggmedia but the guide says i should be?
lua guide for GG
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=398177770
windows 10
i5 @4ghz, 8gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi smallg,

To get the path on the terrain you need to convert vegmask.dds ( from your fpm file data) to "vegmask_result.png" and place the file inside your AGK project / "Gameguru" folder where you have your other fpm level data

To get the media on your mobile , you must copy the "ggmedia" folder from the AGK temp folder into your AGK Project folder/media/ggmedia , when its located here it will be sent to your mobile , i think i wrote about it in the documentation.

Quote: "only 2 objects seem to be missing - purple bullet and yellow bullet from Low Polygon\Cartoon"

I will check if there are any issues with these 2 items and let you know.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2016 15:14
I tried to convert the "Galaxy Seed" level over to AGK but a lot of entities didn't show up in AGK-> GG Loader. I may have messed up somewhere. I'll redo the initial stages as stated in the documentation and try the process again. If I get same results, I'll post here with some screenshots.

Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
"Galaxy Seed" is not so easy to get working , most of the objects use scaled bones that AGK dont support at the moment , but i got it working: https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/216912?page=2#msg2589470

But you need to convert many of the models to .obj to get it working , here is a list of objects that need special attention from that level:

Most of the objects has already been tested but still you need to convert to .obj , perhaps we get scaled bones in AGK at some point

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2016 19:08
ah yes, I didn't think of that...that makes sense. Ok trust me to pick the complicated map. I'll do some OBJ conversion etc. but will also try some of my other levels.
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
"OBJ conversion etc." ... I already put it into GG Loader so you just need to convert to obj , and place them in the same spots as the .x , and GG Loader will pick up the .obj instead

I did not test ALL the objects from Galaxy Seed , so perhaps there is a few that i did not take care of , but you will notice
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2016 19:33
no worries, thanks Preben for the info....
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "
To get the media on your mobile , you must copy the "ggmedia" folder from the AGK temp folder into your AGK Project folder/media/ggmedia , when its located here it will be sent to your mobile , i think i wrote about it in the documentation."

Thanks, you did but it wasn't clear there's a hidden folder for AGK apps too, I found it and that did indeed fix the models not showing on mobile

Quote: "To get the path on the terrain you need to convert vegmask.dds ( from your fpm file data) to "vegmask_result.png" and place the file inside your AGK project / "Gameguru" folder where you have your other fpm level data "

I did that but all I get is the outline, its not a big deal, I'll try again soon and see if its just a path size issue or something.

The 2 missiles still don't appear but everything else works fine... I did notice the missiles start by default in GG half in the terrain, could this have any impact on it?
Not a big problem as I can simply use something else anyway, this was only a test of the app to see how it works
lua guide for GG
windows 10
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2016 10:31 Edited at: 20th Dec 2016 10:36
smallg: I made a test level and see the problem.

Some of the low poly objects has multiply object inside the .x not LOD but seperate objects, to fix this open your project and in ggfunc.agc search for "function useloadobject" insert this as the first line in the function:

This will fix it.

I will have to validate all of the objects , but if no one of the lowpoly objects has animations , this will fix all of them.
If you dont want to make the fix yourself , this will also be put in the next GG Loader version
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
smallg: I see in your mobile screenshot your only having 14 fps , some tips to get you to 60+ fps on your mobile

Settings Tips:

global mobileversion = 1
This will cut the terrain polygons in half.
global mobileversion = 2
This will cut the terrain polygons in half AGAIN.

global usewaterreflection = 0
When you use water reflection then everything is rendered 2 times , so disable it to nearly double your FPS.

global normalshaderpath$ = "mobile/"
Setting this will use the fastest shaders for everything, you have 4 different shader packs available, so when you change the shaderpack used you get less features but more speed , so you can try the different packs until you get the speed features your looking for.

global basemaponly = 1
This will generate one large terrain texture and use a detail textures , so this will be the fastest terrain available. ( you will need to copy the auto generated "basemap.png" into your media folder , see doc. ).

global objectsonlyusenormalspec = 1
Terrain do not use normal and specular, mush faster.

There are so many other option to make everything faster, and everything can be combined in any way your like , so if your looking for a special setup/setting give me a email and i will see what the best settings would be for you
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2016 18:59 Edited at: 21st Dec 2016 19:00
I think I need to do some more work on the Galaxy Seed level, but it's a start. Some object textures not right. Will figure it out I'm sure.

Attachments

Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2016 12:01 Edited at: 22nd Dec 2016 12:02
Bored of the Rings: I fired up that level , and i did not get any missing textures , the one in your screenshot is Rolfy's "Alien plant" , the texture used is "alienplant_d_result.png" , so nothing special and works fine here , so perhaps you dont have it in your entitybank for some reason ?

I have updates to GG Loader that will come soon , until then :

Merry Christmas everyone

smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
I also had some issues with belidos's free Xmas cartoon models (must also use multiple objects) but with your fix for the low poly pack they work fine again.
Might be worth a little addition to the documentation to tell people how to use models with multiple objects/mesh?

Great product and I can indeed reach about 50fps on a little game on my mobile with some bloom and lens flare and everything else on super low or off (as long as I can keep it above 30fps then I'm very happy - though even at 15fps it felt perfectly smooth just running around).

Of course on my PC this is way over 400fps -the limit set by default, haven't actually checked the real max - so anyone just wanting to buy it simply for more options than GG offers on the coding front then it works great
lua guide for GG
windows 10
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 22nd Dec 2016 16:07
Quote: "I also had some issues with belidos's free Xmas cartoon models (must also use multiple objects) but with your fix for the low poly pack they work fine again."

If AGK has issues wiht multiple objects in one model, then yes you will have trouble converting my xmas models for AGK. The cell shaded look they have is achieved by creating two copies of the model, painting one black, reversing its normals and scaling it a fraction bigger than the actual model. That way when looking directly at the model the second model is mostly invisible except around the edges where you are seeing the inside of the bigger model. Some of them i've merged the two objecst so you should be fine, but a couple of them i haven't.

i5, NV960 2GB, 16GB memory, 2x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.
i3 , Intel integrated graphics, 6GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAIII Win8.1.
Intel Celeron (duel Core), Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 180gB Generic SATAII, WinVista.
Q6600, Intel integrated graphics, 8GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAII, Win7.
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
I see, no I don't think its AGK but rather the billboard system that preben has put into the app to help with fps.
Its just a case of adding 1 line to make them skip the process though.
lua guide for GG
windows 10
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Belidos: Agk do have support for it, but its just to slow to have many objects ids per object when you make your main loop.
smallg: "...addition to the documentation..." No need, just added detection for this , and auto merge of the objects , so it will work out of the box from the next GG Loader release

Thanks for the bug report and Merry Christmas.

stor
Years of Service
User Offline
Is there a chance to convert to HTML5 without writing new code? load the game to AGK and it generated its own code according to the game. Is such a thing possible???
PM
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Hope you all had a great Christmas

stor: GG Loader IS the AGK code that allow you to load your GameGuru level , you will need to know some AGK to be able to code your game play , but other then that the GameGuru level objects/terain ... will be displayed for you. If you convert your level to GG Loader you will be able to walk around your level in HTML5 without doing any AGK code , but to get some game play you will have to learn some AGK code yourself

Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
New release: mainly bug fixes,added functions and support out of the box for more objects, people are now making games using GG Loader so I’m starting to get feedback about what could make there job more easy, keep them coming.

download ggloader108.zip from your www.daily3d.com account.

Added new shader pack , this one is for GameGuru itself. please read the “readme.txt” file about how to install.
gameguru-shaders105.zip also added to your www.daily3d.com account.

The new GameGuru shaders will make GameGuru faster , and make it look like GG Loader including lens flare, cartoon , fxaa … This means When you design in GameGuru it will look more like what your getting after you export to GG Loader.
Also you can now paint GG Loader LOD terrain directly inside GameGuru.
Read all about it here:
https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/216864
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Update!
Download Now: ggloader109.zip

A new version of GG Loader is now available , include bug fixes and now support the latest version of GameGuru 1.14 , and also support the next version 1.141.

The new GG Loader GUI is now available as a beta, big thanks to sdl (Sascha) for this great program.

The easy to use GUI allow you to convert all the GameGuru media, and unpack you level and place it directly in your GG Loader project folder where it should be

Download Now: GGLoaderGUI.zip
Unzip program anywhere you like , and run GGLoaderGUI1.01b.exe

If you already converted all the GameGuru media , you should only check “Convert and copy GameGuru Level” , and it will take your level and make it ready to run directly inside your GG Loader project, just click convert, and click run in AGK and you have all your changes

If you use GG Loader for the first time you should check all checkboxes, this will prepare all GameGuru media and make sure your ready to run your first GameGuru level in GG Loader. Please be patience this can take 40min+ depending on how mush GameGuru media you have.

Here is a image of my settings ready to run for the first time:
http://www.slungo.com/guisettings.png

Note: “Select GG Loader temporary folder” should point to AGK2 temporary folder and your AGK project name.

Please let me know if you have any problems with the new GG Loader GUI.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2017 17:30
thanks a lot Preben....happy days
FPSC to GameGuru Tools: SegAutoWelder, Entity+Weapon Welder, FPEtoBAT
Cylo
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Sounds great, keep on.
PM
hoyoyo80
Years of Service
User Offline
AGK dont have default/built in shadow. Will this loader add shadow? Thanks
PM
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2017 17:46 Edited at: 13th Feb 2017 17:47
hoyoyo80: Yes GG Loader got a mobile friendly light mapper that produce a shadow for you , see videos and screenshots , it will not do realtime shadows as this is to slow for mobile/html5 ...
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2017 12:46 Edited at: 21st Feb 2017 12:48
WIP: it will take some weeks to get this one done.

Coming to a GG Loader near you , realtime cascade shadows , not sure if it will be fast enough for mobile but at least you will be able to use it for desktop

Sorry my mac is slow and make jerky bad videos:

hoyoyo80
Years of Service
User Offline
Waiting for this Ok, one quest. If im going to use GG as level editor for AGK, after loading the meshes(?), do i still need to manually assign texture to it? One more question, after loading and playing(?) animated thing from GG loader, can my code override the animation?

Thanks
PM
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "do i still need to manually assign texture to it?"

GG Loader will take care of this and select/setup the shaders you need, you dont need to do anything

Quote: " after loading and playing(?) animated thing from GG loader, can my code override the animation? "

By default GG Loader will start the idle animation defined in the gameguru fpe file , but sure you can control everything yourself , there is a sample in the GG Loader code "blastdoor.lua" that take control of the door and make the animation , you can follow that sample to see how you control animations etc.. yourself , Please note some of the default animated object from GameGuru currently dont work in AGK as agk dont support scaled bones at the moment , so any GG animation with scaled bones will not work in AGK. you will need the fix the objects that have scaled bones yourself. but many of the animated object also works out of the box in AGK so....

Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Some progress , first time im running around a GG Level in AGK with realtime cascade shadows
Still work to do on this, but bias is beginning to work.

Attachments

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2017 17:57
excellent work Preben , I need to try and find some time to play around with these shaders, just working on other stuff at the moment
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, C#, VB, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
FPSC to GameGuru Tools: AutoWelder/SegAutoWelder, Entity+Weapon Welder, FPEtoBAT
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
BOTR : Thanks

Made a quick 20 min level using the easter pack to show the realtime shadows in action , also display how easy it is to convert from GameGuru to AGK using the new GG Loader GUI.

Update: added alpha mask to shadow depth buffer to allow sun through transparent objects like windows , glass ...

Sorry still my slow jerky video recorder:

NOTE: When you use GG Loader GUI , the GameGuru level is converted and placed directly into you GG Loader AGK project , so you just have to click "run".

Shadows just give a feeling of depth in the scene:

Attachments

Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2017 02:57
Looking Great.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2017 07:04
Fantastic,what with your work and lees work GG is getting a great boost .

Dave
Windows 10 Pro
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the feedback all , i really appreciate it

Update: ggloader110.zip download now at daily3d.com

Also include the easter pack test level , ready to run if you like a quick realtime shadow test ( you must have the easter pack media for it to work ).

Include realtime cascade shadows , also working on mobiles , i still need to optimise it more for mobiles and fix the bias , but this will get you started using realtime shadows.

Also other bug fixes, and made some changes to make it work on the new AGK2 beta.

iPad early test without optimising using the desktop version ( on mobiles a little adjusting is still needed ) , Volume: voice over is so LOW you really need to turn up to hear it , don’t worry i will not scream at the end

Turn down the volume again , just a 360 speed rotating sun for testing.

smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Great work
thinking about getting back into the 3d side of AGK, do you know if GGloader can support any form of flashlight for the player?
Don't worry if it's too much work, maybe something to think about for the future
lua guide for GG
windows 10
Earthling45
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2017 15:28
Absolutely amazing
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
smallg: Sure it can (from the next update)

Mobile shadows now have no problems, just as good as desktop, but i still need to optimise it to run faster.

Took a break from shadows, and made a player flashlight, it will be great for those dark scary games

You can control how mush light it should give, so your able to turn it on/off , make it flash , fade the flash light up/down …

smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks for the quick implementation and nice to see you already gave it some handy configuration tweaks, i'll be looking forward to the next update

i don't see any shadows at all in that video, i assume the flashlight doesn't generate shadows (same as GG) but you can still use the new shadows for the rest of the map right?
lua guide for GG
windows 10
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Sure you can combine shadows and flashlight , flashlight will fade out the shadows when you point at them, flashlight do not generate shadows if it did the direction of the light would cast shadows you cant see anyway always behind what your looking at , perhaps the nearest dynamic light should cast a shadow instead ?, but i really need to do the basic shadows first.

Attachments

Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Released new version: ggloader120.zip
Get your copy now at daily3d.com

Include real-time cascade shadows for desktop and mobiles.
Include the new player flashlight, start making your dark scary games now

Test using “Valuable Assets” media, works out of the box in GG Loader:

The same level on iPad with voice over. The kids been using my iPad i really need to clean it, you cant see its dirty from here, only in this video

New users: added a few 25% discount coupons: givemeshadows

http://www.daily3d.com/gg-loader-1-20-released

Attachments

Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
GG Loader - new simple AI system you can build on , using GameGuru waypoints directly, Draw waypoints in GG and watch your characters move around in GG Loader, supports moving up/down second floors etc... it will just follow the geometry where you place your waypoints , No need to do anything special , using a smooth round cornering system when meeting a waypoint to give a natural looking character movement.
Sorry bad video quality, i will never learn to record proper videos, preview:

25% discount end tomorrow, use coupon: givemeshadows
http://www.daily3d.com/gg-loader-1-20-released
Earthling45
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2017 18:56
The ultimate showcase of working AI at different height levels

Very good video Preben.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2017 20:48 Edited at: 11th Mar 2017 20:51
actually found some time to work with GGloader and getting some levels into AGK (pic attached is the Haylo tutorial level). Awesome, absolutely awesome. Well done and thanks again Preben. Loving the shadows etc. Now ready to think about planning a decent game in AGK where I can have a lot more control.
The only level so far that I can't get to display correctly is the GemWorld, so looking into that, most likely missing PNGs.
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, C#, VB, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
FPSC to GameGuru Tools: AutoWelder/SegAutoWelder, Entity+Weapon Welder, FPEtoBAT

Attachments

Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
BOOTR:
Gemworld will work from next release , mostly this is the .x that have multiply objects , looks like GetObjectNumChildren dont always return this, also they have some door.lua assigned to the foundation so gg loader will disable collision. i fixed all these so it will work from next update

If you want to make it work now do this:

main.agc search for:

change to:

ggfunc.agc:
function useloadobject(model$,ml,path$)

change:

to:

search for:

add this before the line:

Or just wait for the next update

Attachments

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2017 11:04
@Preben-that's great, Ill try you temp fix. thanks again.
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
ohh you also need this
in main.agc comment out this line.

ggfunc.agc search for:

Below this insert:

As i remember, i did not made any other changes to make it work
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2017 13:36 Edited at: 16th Mar 2017 14:12
Quote: "Update!
Download Now: ggloader109.zip

A new version of GG Loader is now available , include bug fixes and now support the latest version of GameGuru 1.14 , and also support the next version 1.141.

The new GG Loader GUI is now available as a beta, big thanks to sdl (Sascha) for this great program.

The easy to use GUI allow you to convert all the GameGuru media, and unpack you level and place it directly in your GG Loader project folder where it should be

Download Now: GGLoaderGUI.zip
Unzip program anywhere you like , and run GGLoaderGUI1.01b.exe

If you already converted all the GameGuru media , you should only check “Convert and copy GameGuru Level” , and it will take your level and make it ready to run directly inside your GG Loader project, just click convert, and click run in AGK and you have all your changes

If you use GG Loader for the first time you should check all checkboxes, this will prepare all GameGuru media and make sure your ready to run your first GameGuru level in GG Loader. Please be patience this can take 40min+ depending on how mush GameGuru media you have.

Here is a image of my settings ready to run for the first time:
http://www.slungo.com/guisettings.png

Note: “Select GG Loader temporary folder” should point to AGK2 temporary folder and your AGK project name.

Please let me know if you have any problems with the new GG Loader GUI."

can you explain this a bit more please? i have copied all the media across and it is stored in my agk folder (i copied your settings in your picture), now when i want to create my own project (different name to ggloader of course) how do i set it to only copy over the files i need, i tried changing the last 2 (gg loader folder and gg loader temp folder to my own project's but it didn't add any models unless i click the copy entitybank and then i end up with my entire GG library (see pic) ? or does it not do that yet?
still a nice fast way of getting everything converted automatically

edit; actually it hasn't copied over all of the GG entitybank, missed '_marker' folder completely (i guess because it's named weird, not an issue) and then stopped half way through F, perhaps a limit somewhere on how much it can do?
also it copies over all files from GG, like the sound and scripts etc, i tried to specify just the entity bank and it crashes instantly on starting convert, see pic 2 for my settings, am i doing something wrong?
lua guide for GG
windows 10

Attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 08:07:02
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 08:07:02