Work In Progress / - Acythian -

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2017 15:48
I personally like the overbright _I maps thing, as it cements the "cyberpunk" approach. This is way better than the last version of the map even was.
SpaceWurm
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 28th Aug 2017 21:16
Well Wolf! That lighting is superb. It's also nice to see some of your personal artwork in there

The new level is looking much better than the previous one that bombed. So good on your for persisting and sticking with your guns to get this level done.
Youtube.com/c/Landmanhd1080p - LandmanHD Youtube Gaming Channel | chrislandman.mypixelbox.net - My Design Portfolio | Artrift.com - Digital Art Community
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2017 23:46 Edited at: 5th Sep 2017 23:47
A N N O U N C M E N T

Hello!!

This project will go in a bit of a different and smaller direction once the new DX11 update hits in full. I'll take a short break soon and will then get back into it with fresh ideas and renewed enthusiasm.

However, the latest screenshots of the city I have shown are not from the primary Acythian project but from the class B sidethingie [ REDACTED ]. I think the game is very good visually, I have ironed out almost all "GG'ness" but it doesn't hold up well gameplay wise.
Originally, the second Redacted games was supposed to have an intro video, 2 voice actors and be, despite its very simplistic nature, a solid shooter game. Running into a few issues with the AI and simply being done with the project myself I will cut a lot of fat and release it in a very rudimentary state. It still aims to have fun shooter action and well performing and beautiful environments but the overall polish will be...well, non existant. As a developer I am personally done with that type of game and wish to do more personal things. I have been aiming to do so for quite some time but for that I need to properly archive and cut ties from all previous creative projects. That will be done during my break from things.

The Acythian Project will continue.

Redacted and games of its kind will conclude with the next game. If you follow my work you might have noticed that I have been trying to get away from my past approach to development and I think the DX11 update is the perfect event for me to really get down to doing that. In my life, I have released a good 6 Class-B games that I am not too proud of, despite the success of some and I'm older now so I want my hobby to be more engaging rather than tedious. An anology would be:

Quote: " "I am aware that my home-cooked games will never be finest cuisine but I am also done developing cotton candy. When I can find a healthy middleground and develop a decent hamburger with fries I'd enjoy this a lot more.""

So far I worked on Behemoth projects where I had no real chance to finish them and cobbled together little side games from scrapped work from these bigger projects. Here, something has to be changed drastically and scopes have to be narrowed and more focused. Enough rambling. here is my announcment:

[ REDACTED ]² : Bulletblues release : 20th September

Store Models and Media : Birth of Autumn Hyperdiscount : 22th September

Thanks for following my projects and for reading!

-Wolf
Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2017 19:26
Well I for one am stoked; even your 'Class B' games are still great! I hope the DX11 update gives us enough improvements that you are spurred on to create the focused and polished products you have been striving towards. In the meantime, I'm sure [Redacted]2 will be awesome The screenshots you've shown so far certainly paint a vivid and atmospheric scene so far!

AE
SaintPhillip
Years of Service
User Offline
This is utterly amazing work- Looks like it came from a AAA studio.

PM
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2017 23:32
Hello!

Quote: "Well I for one am stoked; even your 'Class B' games are still great! I hope the DX11 update gives us enough improvements that you are spurred on to create the focused and polished products you have been striving towards. "

We will see I'm on break for now after having released Redacted² and also a bit skeptical about the whole PBR thing and what to with it. And thanks a lot
I quite like my games as well but they are never what I initially set out to do. Create small games that also have a gripping tale to tell, with interesting characters.

Quote: "The screenshots you've shown so far certainly paint a vivid and atmospheric scene so far! "

Thanks! I hope you try it some day

Quote: "This is utterly amazing work- Looks like it came from a AAA studio.
"

Thank you very much! That is quite compliment seeing what the studios can create these days.

-Wolf
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2017 15:11

Well! Its october and Redacted² has long been released and I'm done with my vacation and am pouring some more of my time in my projects again. Also thanks to all of you who grabbed my store media during the discount

I was experimenting a lot with level design methods, trying to improve my work here and there but I must admit that all of them failed spectacularly.
I'm not giving up on them just yet, I'll wait and see if I get better results from them once the DX11 update hits but it might still be a while until then.

In the mean time I just take it easy and make a bunch of models, test some gameplay ideas and rig stuff. Once the update hits I can then just build this game without much distraction.

So, this of course means that I don't have that much to show now, so I'd like to drop a few weapons you'll get to use in the game.
In this games setting there are impulse, plasma and traditional projectile weapons (also hybrids like plasma propulsed projectile weapons but I won't have any of these in the first game.) Quite a bit of the setting has changed too but you'll see a lot of the previously shown levels in this or the next game.

The railgun, its BSP's scifi shotgun that I have modified slightly. The magazine is now a battery and its a heavy energy weapon

Special thanks to Bugsy for animating this bad boy for me.

The more compact counterpart to the rifle! BSP's scifi pistol without the elongated barrel uses the same ammo as the rifle.

Its rigged to EAI's GCS Desert Eagle animations.

I hope some of these mods strike your fancy The decision to take the game away from the masterfully done modern weapons and use more futuristic ones doesn't make it easier but more consistent. I just hope these will hold up well in the final game and that people will find the different ammo types fun to play. I want to integrate a feature where projectile weapons don't do as much damage to robots/machines as energy based ones. Lee was so kind to add this feature quite some time ago

So lemme know what ya think and have a good one!

-Wolf
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2017 21:20
Great to see you back in the game Wolf. The weapons look great ,you should put up a vid of the working .

Dave
Windows 10 Pro
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
=VX=Doggy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2017 00:39
looking goood
PM
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
@Wolf

Great decision! I wanted to state that to you when I told you about the hands. Now everything looks wayyy more badass! Hope to see some new progress soon. Cheers!
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2017 12:55
Thanks folks! I appreciate it as I was not 100% sure about the decision initially. EAI's GCS stuff is top notch after all.

Quote: "Great to see you back in the game Wolf."

I was lacking behind a lot lately. Had some hell to pay (and bills) in my real life lately which is only slowly creeping back to being enjoyable. However, for a while now, I have a lot more time to mess around on the PC which is nice. I've gotten back into painting as well There is all new acythian content I can show soon with tons of updated media I had on my external harddrive. Some of that stuff is from 2005
I have not forgotten about that weapon you wanted me to texture and apologies for not being able to get to it despite promising to do so. However, I noticed that you started doing it and I really dig the skull on the handle.

Quote: "you should put up a vid of the working"

Well, I'll have to get them working first. Sounds, handling, laser beams...so forth! But Bugsy uploaded a video of his awesome animations to his channel. Check it out

Look at them weighty reload anims! If you like this too, be sure to give him a thumbs up. (The vintage pinup in the scope is a placeholder )

-Wolf
Bolt Action Gaming
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2017 15:50
That's fantastic. Does he do work for hire? I might utilize him for something similar in the future (3-6 months from now).
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2017 19:32
Jupp! At least he used to model, animate, rig, clean and cook for hire. Just fire him a PM

Link to his work.
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2017 23:07
loving these new guns Wolf totally fit the game, keep it up dude love playing your games
Intel i5 4950 Quad core 3.3ghz AMD FX 6300 x6 cores 3.5ghz(unclocked)
8gb Ram 8gb Ram
AMD Radeon 7570 1gb AMD Radeon HD 6670 2gb
and a well fed mouse on a wheel

I only smile because i have absolutely no idea whats going on
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2017 15:02
Thats good to hear. Future ones will be a bit more tricky to get ready as I have to assemble them myself but I'm sure the result will be at least servicable
Thank you for your support.
cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Cogwheel Chronicles
Posted: 8th Nov 2017 09:39
Dropped by to selfishly get some inspiration to continue with cogwheel . I usually do get this from seeing what you achieve with GG and your general outlook on indie game making etc .

So am pleased to see you're getting more time for this project and am looking forward to finding out where you go next with this ....

BTW that office scene a few posts up is superb, it just hit me in the gut as being great (followed by my head saying is that possible in GG?)

Cheers.
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2017 22:16
Thank you @Cybernescence! That was a very uplifting comment to me!

I hate to follow up your comment with rather mediocre media but alas! All I have gotten around to making lately are these hallways of what I hope will be a rather challenging map.

The game isn't a pure shooter. I try to have it more "emmersive sim" elements like Ion Storms iconic games but thats rather hard to do. However, it will have 2 or 3 "simpler" maps where it turns into a straight up FPS game so Players can really use the equipment they gathered and experiment. I aim to have the best and smoothest shooting mechanics I can master in this game so I hope this will be enjoyable and interesting to you as players

The compound also feel more realistic if the protagonist has to traverse some office and maintenance areas once in a while to get to another more "setpiecy level".

Note that this is an early rendition and that I did not have the reshade suit enabled:

If you happen to check out my project for the first time, there are some more accurate impressions of what this game will look like on previous pages.
For this map, I actually modded the "the warehouse" demo map to my needs. I ended up removing almost all of it and adding a lot but the spine structure still stands It was fun but as you can see, still very early...only 2 hallways are ready to be shown.

-Wolf

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2017 01:41
hahahaha a screenshot of my game on your computer i love it!!!
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2017 02:04
More nice pics to look at, looks great.love the lighting,still thinking about the desk up against the wall .

Dave
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2017 14:52
Quote: "hahahaha a screenshot of my game on your computer i love it!!!"

Particularly in how it breaks up the colour palette there.

@Granada: Thank you!

I've gotten around to add to this map. Thats pretty much all I did for the project lately apart from creating a new set of fuseboxes I have yet to craft shadermaps for .

These cybergothic looking hallways I made out of modded versions of wizard of id's top down shooter pack are areas I'm rather fond off! They also really show that this is Shavra's scifi sister game.

A rather empty office area. The painting on the wall is an aquarelle I painted a few years back. Gameplay wise, you'll find a few necessary items in the room way back

Some more shots of the hallway area. I took the few minutes it takes to make new cylinder tanks specifically for this maps rather than overuse the same ones in each and every level of this game.

I think its good practice to always make a clean and a worn version of any environmental prop you make Its quickly made and can really help you adding that extra notch of naturalism to your levels. If a pipe is clean in a dry and rusty in a wet area for example.

Additional polish added to the hallways area. there will be a linear shootout here where the enemies hold reinforced positions you have to blast through.

The door that leads to that more futuristic area. I like how the emerald green lighting gives it a mildly creepy look.

Thats it for now

-Wolf

granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2017 15:52
Quote: "Thats it for now"

That’s enough for me to look at,hallways look great . I like the look of the tanks ,both versions .

Dave
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2017 18:04
I love the green. I like the blue and the green from Warcraft to polarise good/evil and the green reminds me of that.

What are the main reshade features you need/are using?

I can do most of these native for GG now (other than those that need textures such as lens dirt and MSAA) and will save you some FPS loss most likely.

Cheers.
Medmatheus
Reviewed GameGuru on Steam
Years of Service
User Offline
Impressive game and project wolf. One question: how long does it takes to load one of your map levels?
grobyken
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2017 15:55
I guess Wolf's games show the potential of GG. Shame so many games have been released on Steam using GG that come no where near the quality of these.

We need the update out and a few games of this calibre to be released on Steam to build the reputation of GG.

Great stuff Wolf.
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2017 17:15
Hey there!

I wrote a reply to your feedback a while ago but just noticed that I never clicked "post reply".
So here goes again:

Thank you all for your feedback!

@Granada:
Quote: " I like the look of the tanks ,both versions ."

I've sent them to your discord.

@Cybernescence:: Wow!! Thank you for the offer. I'm not using reshade in the screenshots on this site of the thread but if I'd make a wishlist it would include the following postprocessing effects: HBAO (or any AO you deem worthy and easy to do), some anti aliasing, a grain shader that includes color correction (sepia, chrome, several tones.) Thats really all I'd write in my letter for Santa

@Medmatheus
Quote: "Impressive game and project wolf. One question: how long does it takes to load one of your map levels?
"

Thank you! A while. I was joking about "the longest loading screen ever" being a feature in previous releases. You can try for yourself here.

@grobyken: Thank you!! And the majority of steam releases is indeed painfully sub par. However, I don't think releasing this game, with the AI being stuck in the floor on occasion or just non-reactive would shine a much better light on the engine... I know the steam shooter crowd to be very unforgiving of these things. I really appreciate your comment, though!

-Wolf

Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2018 17:12
Announcement again

Shavra has been a project that has seen different iterations since as early as 2010 and Acythian has also been started and modified since the early inception of GG. A lot of time has passed and I have worked on this project, scrapped concepts, rewrote things, remade things, fun, frustration all of it and I have a pretty solid GDD (Named Acythian - Ariel) by now that I can pull off.

However, Acythian - Ariel is a straightforward FPS game... and such a game requires somewhat responsive AI, environmental physics that integrate with the lightmapping (at least a little), particles and ...well...working memory management.

Acythian is, unlike Shavra, a game I can actually make and while I put it in the freezer for now, it'll resurface about 2 years from now. (If we are still rolling by then.) I feel like we had a good time and this project in particular taught me a lot of new tricks, some of which I shared with y'all. However, in GG's current state I can not deliver the gameplay and visuals I want this to have so I wrote a slightly different game, that salvages a lot of the progress made for this so far and will be my project for the near future.

Thank you all for following the development, I hope it was entertainment or gave you some ideas for your own game/levels but its time to put this thing into cryostasis. The whole "serygalacaffeine" brand with which I released all my previous games will also be retired... more on this for the few that are interested some time later.

When I resume development, it will be a lot more focused and with hopefully a powerful Game Guru to back it.

SpaceWurm
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 4th Mar 2018 19:13
Will you be taking a break from GG for a while? I certainly hope not.

You've done astounding work on this so far. To put it to rest for a little isn't a bad thing. It'd help you recoup and come back fresh.
Youtube.com/c/Landmanhd1080p - LandmanHD Youtube Gaming Channel | chrislandman.mypixelbox.net - My Design Portfolio | Artrift.com - Digital Art Community
Bolt Action Gaming
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2018 15:20
It sounds like you are saying you switched this project to a different name and will keep the Acythian 'brand' game for a later iteration of Game-Guru, is that right?
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2018 03:35
Hey guys!

@Landman: Thank you!! And no, I have a different, less ambitious project in the works I will present soon.

@Bolt Action Gaming:
Quote: "It sounds like you are saying you switched this project to a different name and will keep the Acythian 'brand' game for a later iteration of Game-Guru, is that right?"

Howdy! The project I will work on this year is not related to Acythian. I keep the brand name for a later project that I try to develop with more focus. I mean, if you browse the 6 pages of this thread you see the project morph into something completely different every couple pages. That is not going to happen anymore.

I like your new banner! Its spiffing.

-Wolf
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2018 19:06
Hello all.

Just a quick update. Nothing major, Currently working 9 to 6 and really not getting enough down time but I managed to get the starting room done for the simplified acythian prologue.

I also started designing a rather action intensive level with huge derelict architecture. (Picture) but its still in its inception.

Here the new starting room and a weapon I have been toying around with. Its from game banana and will likely not be in the final game.

The room has a few animated entities that make it seem a bit more alive. I'll also add some moving screen decals later on

Really just something I've been dabbling with but I figured it to be cool enough to share with y'all.

-Wolf
PCS
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 19th Apr 2018 20:06
fantastic. it looks supper nice. love it.
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G3260 @ 3.30GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.3GHz RAM 4GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 730
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2018 12:46
Thank you!

Big news is that I escaped retail hell for now. Lets see what divine punishment life is sending my way next. Maybe on my next job a horse comes in every morning and kicks me in the keester.

I've continued working on this map before Game Guru decided to update and subsequently none of my, ooooh I don't know, 4 years worth of map design (a lot of it can be seen on these pages) are loading anymore. Graphix is trying to help an old wolf out with it but I gotta admit. I'm torn between reverting to X9 and sticking with X11... I just don't know yet.
Anyway: Here you have what I produced earlier y'all:

I have fixed a certain a-symmetry in this design.

This is an interesting advancment in my lighting! Actual light reflections. Check out how the purple is being reflected off the metal.

I'm fond of the simple design of this machine.

This level also had the power of purple.

And the infirmary. Adjusting all these X-rays and screens to the games look took me longer than I expected but I think they will end up serving me well.

What do you think and how have you all been holdin' up?

-Wolf
SpaceWurm
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 24th Apr 2018 15:09
Quote: "Big news is that I escaped retail hell for now. Lets see what divine punishment life is sending my way next. Maybe on my next job a horse comes in every morning and kicks me in the keester."

What kind of retail were you in?

Love the screen shots.

I certainly hope you can get your work running in X11 correctly. The better rendering abilities will only make your work look better but that's only because you'd utilize the extra capabilities.
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2018 18:05
Quote: "What kind of retail were you in?"

Discount clothing and lingerie... some odds and ends. Bottom of the barrel customer base. I'm not naming the company here, let us just say it was a ride!

Quote: "
I certainly hope you can get your work running in X11 correctly. The better rendering abilities will only make your work look better but that's only because you'd utilize the extra capabilities."

So far I gauged that it seems to be the wrong time to go back to this project. Hmm! I will make a few more models every now and then and wait until things are more developed.

I just hope people like you, who have been following my work, don't lose interest.

-Wolf
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2018 15:41 Edited at: 8th Jun 2018 15:41

Hey there!

Small update: If you have followed this game since its exception or if you simply do a quick browse from page 1 to 6 right now you will notice that the scope, story and style of this has changed numerous times. Core ideas have remained but a lot has always been edited. This is no where as apparent as character style.

Now that I slowly migrate all this to the X11 version I have gotten back to the proverbial drawing board with this. The characters. Originally I was going to use Errant AI's Task force chars but I feel kind of limited to mostly military designs with that. The stock characters offer a good variety and also look decent but here I would have to roll with these typical game guru animations. I still feel like I can do a lot with these but I have also looked elsewhere.

You have no doubt noticed that Shavra had a lot going for it in terms of custom chars. Now that I improve Acythian visually I also felt having some higher res characters in it. So I have been browsing artists for content I could easily modify and I have been testing some characters that also translate well into GG. These here by "renderpeople" gave me pretty decent results:

..and they translate well into the way GG renders models:

(test lady in one of my levels)

Previously I was swapping between stock and EAI's custom media but never found the right voice for the game. EAI's models work great in some areas, the stock ones offer more options for different scenarios right out of the gate. Examples are here:

These are some older versions.

The thing is that characters are something people look at the most, we tend to focus on "humanoids" when looking at something.
Like this picture.

...chances are you did not notice that there is no bench for them to sit on.

So what do you think? Should I just retexture stock chars and roll with it or put in the extra effort for something higher in detail? What do you do for your game?

- Wolf
tdreisinger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2018 02:32
The new characters are awesome! That is the detail I want for mine.
Timothy D. Reisinger
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2018 15:35
I see how I can make that happen. I will however have to use lower poly bodies.
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2018 15:53
Looking good as usual Wolf

Dave
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2018 12:35
Thank you!

I have spent a lot of time making and converting more media for this game and hope to start finishing up the levels as soon as the X11 version is ready for it.

Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2018 16:20

It's there in your eyes
Like diamonds ablaze
Sleepless we walk
Through the valley of dreams
We live life long enough
Like silent machines

Hello!

I've made some progress here and there and also started working on a new map. This will be an optional side mission but I promise that if you enjoy the game otherwise, you will not want to miss it

First of all: I decided to go with modified versions of the stock characters for the chars of this game, you can see that I have contemplated what type and look (and polycount) I should go with above. I think this allows me to work the fastest, have good and diverse results and its easiest with the tools that I have.

Second: Here is the 10 mm SMG from the game. Its design is a Kriss Vector. Granada made the model, Errant AI the Hand Rig, Bugsy animated it and I textured it. A true community effort if you will.

Now I decided to add the optional side mission. I was inspired by games like the Thief series and Vampire: The Masquerade. These games all have one spooky horror themed adventure part and I want one in this game. So here it is: I will not reveal how its going to be spooky because I also want it out as a demo for halloween.

I had some problems at first with the engine refusing to render the models in "highest" but that somehow solved itself. Its nice when random evens in game guru actually go my way for a change.

I think its easy to see that the area is abandoned for decades. I designed these textures for the modelpack2 drink machines to go with that look.

While most of the gameplay takes place in those buildings I decided to have a convincing nature scape around it. There will also be a constant feverish buzzing of crickets here

Thank you for checking this out and feel free to let me know what you think. I am always happy to see feedback to my work.

-Wolf

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2018 18:03
magnificent as usual!
SpaceWurm
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 1st Sep 2018 12:39
Now that is pretty. Truly depicts a scene where nature takes over where humans once were in active and in abundance. Well done Wolf.
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2018 17:47 Edited at: 3rd Sep 2018 17:55
Thank you!

Magnificent is a bit of a strong word for this @Bugsy but I appreciate the sentiment.

@Landman That is exactly the atmosphere I was going for. I hope to slowly ramp up the realisation that something supernatural is hunting the player through gameplay. We'll see how that pans out.

-Wolf
Duchenkuke
GameGuru VBOTB Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2018 21:51
This really looks like something I would want to play! If there is any playable version - I wanna be among the first to get my hands on it
cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2018 10:49
All great looking shots especially like 3rd and last.

Is there any post processing tone mapping unifying the colours?

Cheers.
=VX=Doggy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2018 05:07
Its beautiful .
PM
PCS
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 6th Sep 2018 20:23
Wolf , i just wish i can one day also make something so nice like these pictures you have posted lately. Awesome man.

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G3260 @ 3.30GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.3GHz RAM 16GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 730
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2018 06:40

I thought I replied already but didn't. Alas! Lets do it now:

@Duchenkuke: Count on it!

@cybernescence: Thank you and Yes! However I decided not to include it with the release (or in a separate folder as in some previous games of mine) simply because the performance hit is not worth the effect for me. Attached is a screenshot of the same level in vanilla GG. You'll notice the foliage being greener in tint and that being pretty much it.

@=VX=Doggy: Thanks man

@PCS: Thank you! Your project is evolving quick, sure you can rather sooner than later

Attachments

Login to view attachments
cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2018 10:36
Hey Wolf tone mapping that doesn’t use texture look ups has a near zero impact to performance (just screen space colour changes by calcs) when added to the GG post process shaders and I’ve done quite a few experiments so could provide a few for you to play with if/when you like.

Cheers.
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2018 21:52
That would honestly be great! We should talk about this via IM some time. Thanks for the offer!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 02:56:48
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 02:56:48