Work In Progress / [SOLVED] twin worlds the preperation work

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2016 16:17
happy new year wolf yes i hope to add more this year but i may be a bit slow for the beginning of the year
an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2016 21:52
glad to hear! Take your time mate, quality needs it and what you do is quality.
"When I contradict myself, I am telling the truth"
"absurdity has become necessity"
Dosedmonkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Looks so beautiful keep it up.
PM
Emrys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2016 11:35
I've told you before real life is overrated get back to it
PC - Windows 7 64bit, Intel i5, 12Gb Ram, 1TB WD Black, Evga Geforce 760gtx 2GB
Laptop - Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Core i7-3632QM processor, 8GB of RAM, 1Tb Hdd, Nvidia Geforce GT 740m
PM
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2016 21:46 Edited at: 16th Jan 2016 21:52
cheers guys well stroppy woman upstairs so i got some more work done on my cursed port
[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

just a few shots from a getting there walled port hundreds of enterable houses and shops and many types of houses too. looking forward to making shops shops and functional but rome was not as you know..

doing some dungeon work too and optimising and upgrading a lot of stuff. i think i will be donating for free my earlier dungeons for all to use as they want except for selling as models free in game no worries there but the mesh and maybe some textures too. and a few animateds as well a port cullis gates etc. gotta sort it all out first. and maybe other stuff too

still a very good frame rate no judders around 100fps at the moment

also the tower in the middle as a view point. a bridge extends to the tower and a balcony the other side to observe etc. you can see all front of the port
cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Cogwheel Chronicles
Posted: 16th Jan 2016 23:42
That looks amazing. Is it all models in those landscape shots or buildings on the skybox too?

Great stuff anyway.
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2016 23:44 Edited at: 17th Jan 2016 17:30
all models completely

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

a lot of space to fill but getting there, i lost count on houses but at the moment between 60 -70 houses 90 percent enterable.
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2016 18:11 Edited at: 17th Jan 2016 19:40
anyway i have a beholder or as i have named them malevolent reek! here is one working in the new dungeons which i am working on as my hd dungeons
thank you gtox
which tbh as on the last page show a major increase in realism. although i like realism i also try add that off real look to keep it fantasy

[img][/img]

here is one that is more an outdoor dwelling malevolent, likes ruined cities hilly regions and stands out like a sore thumb the purple colour comes from uv light the dungeon dweller has less uv hence the green skin. there are forest malevolent's but are rare seen, but it is said they turn you to stone or wood. be aware if you see plenty of carved stone or wood lifelike statues. they are not really anything more than myth. and folklore

[img][/img]

so my unique monsters working and animated are doing well
malevolents
mimics
gelatenous cubes
ochre jellys
black spiders
mummies
monster mushrooms
flying eyes
etc

cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2016 20:22
Those last few screen shots look like they are from a blockbuster movie. Fabulous.
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2016 20:48 Edited at: 17th Jan 2016 20:49
cheers cybernescence, i am enjoying your work too. i like the new robot picture the houses are looking great everything matches and looks smooth, i am following your game immensely. love the effort and the way everything has your touch, not just slap happy put in. not sure a blockbuster movie. maybe a student movie for a project, or peter griffins movie. the last picture is just outside the port, the hill to the right is where the walls to the city are
HarryWever
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2016 21:49
well It all look very nice and beautiful..
really nice work Science boy...

harry
Harry
PM
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2016 12:13
cheers harry, been meaning to get back to you i will as soon as my life turmoil settles down a bit. unforseen dramas and splits etc. as emrys says real life is overated. will of finished the melding of the 2 and added extra prob by end of jan if ok? anyway cheers all.
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2016 14:04
Take as much time as it needs!! We'll be here to be amazed by what you conjure up next!
vrg
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2016 15:48
Nice work looks awesome
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2016 16:37
cheers wolf and vrg. like your work too.

just to stop them locking my thread due to inactive reasons, had chance to do a cheeky currency design, i will have currencies for the four great divides of twinworlds. this is the south east divide known as norharia
houses the greatest yet of late cursed ports in twin worlds port tyranee, a less joyful city and port due to what appears cursed happenings within and around the port, ships dissappearing, missing people, randomly found body parts and what seems a never ending sense of agitation and unrest among the citizens of tyranee. something looms but all is just coincidence and myth.

anyway the first version of the currency coin

[img][/img]

further more i have made up a scoll notice board, for dungeons inns and tavern notice boards and general when close a note may pop up. here is also version 1 with meangingless text just to stop a straight grab his art work and texture thing.

[img][/img]
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2016 16:31
I think ink instead of 3d'ish text would be cooler!! Good work otherwise.
Emrys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2016 16:48 Edited at: 3rd Feb 2016 16:48
Woohoo updates I can't believe I missed some of them, niceeeeeeee

I agree with wolf about the text or take the drop shadow off, it looks like is floating
PC - Windows 7 64bit, Intel i5, 12Gb Ram, 1TB WD Black, Evga Geforce 760gtx 2GB
Laptop - Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Core i7-3632QM processor, 8GB of RAM, 1Tb Hdd, Nvidia Geforce GT 740m
PM
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2016 18:29
Yes it will be basic inky stuff but I was glammin it just to fill the page. And a quick job. I have a template and up for real scribe words. Fear not. But also thanks for the guidance and keeping me on the path of righteousness
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2016 19:53
Good good! Walk the path of righteousness...or we will drag you to it!
grinseengel
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello science boy ,

your project like it very much . As I can see , you been working a long time on your RPG project . One can pursue good as the quality of the game improves steadily . The screenshoots are getting better . The beholder is really great .

Besides the stand you've already written by other locations presented ( cave , dungeon ... ) . I like RPG games . Therefore, I started a project before about 6 - months ( tower of tides ) . You know her well .

I am rather to look like the RPG game Fable . So something bloom and more colorful than the reality .

Greetings Andreas
cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2016 09:18
Love the coins though I thought those ones would be for the western divide as that's the way the dragon is looking.

When text can be over laid on sprites then I guess it will make it easier as can have just a few Sprite background images and change the text on it through code. Apparently we can change the default font now though I've not been successful with this so far. Cheers.
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2016 23:01
love fable grinseengel, love your thread too i do know it well and i follow some great projects, keeps me sane.

Quote: "Love the coins though I thought those ones would be for the western divide as that's the way the dragon is looking"

i actually meant west bottom left of screen basically doh.
Quote: " Apparently we can change the default font now though I've not been successful with this so far. Cheers."
yes needed asap i have a future font set for a fantasy game.

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2016 17:25
well managed to build a new updated town kit but for the moment i am having shader issues with the cut window walls. which well pee me off. anyway i have a basic tower kit all enterable and mainly are my wizard towers. they like towers in twin worlds. keeps them high up where the magic flows better and any into elements love it to collect lightning through rods on the roof into energy absorbing crystals or orbs. this helps them make lightning weapons or merely power things around the tower or simply charge up their amulets and things. anyway not all are elementalists others have towers of illusion others to summon and even normal knights lords or men of power. it is a symbol of high standing and of someone who likes views.

[img][/img]

cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2016 01:07
Looks great SB.

How about some orbs or other features at the top of the towers that are illuminated with an _I map to illustrate the collection of that magic/energy? Or is the understated/sophisticated fantasy look more the feel of the overall game?

Cheers.

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2016 13:00
I will be adding some at some point soon. So far just got the basics. I am going to have this tower decked out as you have asked the metal working with cogs and turn things with rods for lightning. And much more but this is the foundations. And I will be having a think on how they will be for different beings. Will I make it more obvious for certain towers or make an assembly of unique towers. I can make very high and very low towers depends on what I aim to do. They are in a construction set so I can knock them up in minutes now. So I will ponder
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2016 10:07
hi guys this as been a while, i been very busy of late but i managed to put in a new town kit, tbh the amount of times i created towns i am getting an expert. in a week i will of finished my town and will be doing some extras for someone else. but even though this is to one person. i will be releasing on here some of my old stock. a dungeon kit a town set and maybe some more. however. as before i released a small mini pack that had been given yet the uv texture set was blank with words like roof or floor on them.

yes i will strip away the textures why?
1. to help game guru not look the same as much. it helps not to see the same untouched model over and over again.
2. helps to make your buildings more yours
3. to get creative and maybe learn a trick or too.
4. and to feel a feeling i get when it works
5. if you have trouble getting the normal map i can blast one of for you. or help you achieve it.

all you need is paint.net and a website with textures, or your own textures. and this is a good practice to do and helps you create if you cant model and your input counts. if i gave a basic texture you would find most will use that. and so i would see the same building over and over again so i have to help guys, if you want it of course.

i will be giving it away on here for now. see how it goes

that way it only gets lost when my thread does.

anyway watch out for goblin dungeon and enterable house town set and some other animated goodies.
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2016 11:10 Edited at: 7th Mar 2016 11:12
anyway my latest town house being worked on

there is a bungalow finished which will double as a little shop

this is my 3 floor first building there is something i have done which means when completed will have no outside side parts, as this soul purpose is to fit next to another house aka terraced. whish is good for cities towns etc. there are semi detached and total detached so there will be no iffy parts. also an archway section being made to fit and also going to have joined houses by archway tops, and i am going to have a proper blacksmith and all the proper types of buildings. i am taking my time with this as i have decided no more buildings after this. and this shall be my jewel of towns cities etc.

inside the bungalow from being in the roof
[img]null[/img][img]null[/img][img][/img]

and this is using just one building remember and is not completed yet

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

so this is my final town project set.

@ cybernescence

very good idea on the glowing spire tops etc i will give it a go again thanks for your input
cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2016 15:00
Looking good ... are you using the same texture atlas for your different houses within the town set? I'm finding FPS is much better across larger levels populated with (same texture) models. Maybe those town windows could gleam a bit with the _I map too?

I'm looking forward to the "goblin dungeon and enterable house town set and some other animated goodies"

Cheers.

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2016 19:10
Yes I am using 1 4096 map for all buildings structures etc props and other trimmings my aim is to try use only 1 in total it speeds it up and keeps the ram mem smaller.

I like dingey windows where it is dirty and smelly. I have to dirty things up but that is later. Good thing with the texture map is you can add without remodelling so easier.

I look forward to seeing you create things with the models I give. Be exciting times. And of course no restrictions except don't sell as a model give is ok in game is ok. But not sell I made them so I giving back to you guys
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2016 23:52
OK finished another house i call it crooked house, living in york you see the old buildings frequently, and so if you look to the centre of my buildings they dip a bit, also the wooden beams are all slightly none perfect and this is because i am aiming to make them less conformed and more warn in. anyway a little pic.

[img][/img]
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2016 22:45
ok i have made a blacksmiths but will also double up as many indoor outdoor shops like coopers blacksmiths candlestick maker etc.
so a good little prototype. i will make variety too so as to keep it different. so i have 2 so far one has metal parts added on the roof to stop the slates falling off and a metal overhang the other not i can make alternative textures too so i can make 20 of this model but i think i will have 10. all use the 1 texture set.

[img][/img]

[img][/img]
Defy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2016 08:30 Edited at: 9th Mar 2016 08:32
Looks great !! Love these medieval settings.. Ace !
Define R4, i7, 8g, R7 360
PM
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2016 08:36
This is very good! Your efforts have matured a lot from what you have done back in X10

Please keep us updated!

-Wolf
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2016 12:21
cheers defy and onto that thing next week fear not

wolf lol yes i was not the best then, but i was stiffled by amd 5850hd gcard. the model programs i used then would not work at all with gcard. so i was pretty much held to retextures and art. then my pc blew up in 2012 and then i chose a gtx660 and now gtx970. reminds me must get a bit of cash for my 660 just laying dormant. but always handy to have a gcard to hand.
and thank you for keeping me encouraged, always appreciated to the max.
Defy
Years of Service
User Offline
Take your time I want to see you spend more time on this.
Sorry to hear about the Pc also. glad to hear you have had no issues since and creating some great content.
Define R4, i7, 8g, R7 360
PM
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2016 13:24
ok here is a basic dungeon set with animated portcullis and corner sides straights and more if need rooms let me know. 3 textures which are marked and blank ready for your texture overlays, enjoy and get creative also a stone door too

Attachments

Login to view attachments
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2016 13:27
cheers defy i will try juggle both
but i think i will make a basic set up for you and make a mini construction set for you, so you can swap and build in gg. and of course will help you have more variation
Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2016 20:47
The blacksmith looks great with the lighting you've used.
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2016 21:09
Cheers Gtox how are you? Hope fantastic and thanks for the beholder work. And thanks for the feed back hope you gonna have a go at retexture for fun?
Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2016 19:43
@science boy - I wouldn't say I'm fantastic, but I'm well enough, thanks Enjoying your screenshots.
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2016 22:12
Quote: "@science boy - I wouldn't say I'm fantastic, but I'm well enough, thanks Enjoying your screenshots."

sorry to hear that i will double my efforts and will give you a treat in a bit model wise as a cheers for being great
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2016 23:05
ok new house this the the old classic balcony house. and this will have many variations but this is the basic version just about sorted now.
[img][/img]

im very happy with my chimney on this and think i shall trade mark this set with them

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2016 14:28
hi guys, well managed to create the arch walk through alley ways. this is of 2 type wooden trim support base and stone support base, these can mix with other buildings, also i managed to get 2 houses melded with an arch to get the model into gg without pixel warping. aka run to mamma when too many vertices. anyway this is my arches. my next is to make square snicket house bits. see many in york, so it may be nice to view when done. so little walkways with walls and alleys to add. to make a proper little medieval citadel. also going to do same models with different roof colours etc what i am going to do is use the same uv but re assign the roof textures, so same but different, so that when youy look from castle walls onto my ports towns and citadels you can see a variety of roofs. look top of this page for city scape roof image. also i will be re assigning other parts of the buildings too. i pre planned this with my texture set. so in the end it will have many varietys yet same feel.
plus at the moment you are looking at unfurnished buidlings no lanterns signs shutters drapes guttering outdoor stuff. this is bare bone buildings. also i already retextured the roof to make smaller tiles.
[img][/img]
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2016 15:15
Quote: "without pixel warping"

What is that?

It looks good. Reminds me of the thief trilogy.
A little criticism would be (and I might be wrong) that one does not see shingles from below. There should be planks AFAIK.

-Wolf
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2016 16:41
meant vertex warping put a few thousand model together and watch it stretch warp and look like a messed up porcupine or hedgehog
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2016 22:46
Wolf your a little gem. I will retexture under neath makes life easier believe or not. But I do ask you in honesty which is the best houses set? I made so many types which is best. I sometimes wonder if I regress. So a little view from a master such as yourself will be great
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2016 19:03
I doubt I could make medieval houses as well as you. Its hard to say which are the best. I did like that you had more shutters in previous versions...you should bring that back, it adds a lot.

-Wolf
HarryWever
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2016 19:44
Always nice to see your progress Science boy..
reaally good work...

Harry
SOS help for shelter :
http://www.worldofcrowdfunding.com/shelter-car-asiel-auto-coche-de-protectora

Harry
When nothing goes right, go left
PM
nuncio
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2016 21:12
very interesting, beautiful stuff! i'm looking forward to seeing more of the progress.
http://www.nuncio-rap.de
intel core i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz; 8GB RAM // NVIDIA GeForce GTX560Ti
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2016 13:58
Cheers nuncio harry and wolf.
I agree wolf that the new batch need more trimmings which is what I am working on. I aim to make a workshop of prefabs abd join as required then add unique wood patterns and windows them jobs done. I am still working on optimisation and getting the roofs done and building trimmings kit shutters canopy metal bits and chimneys etc. And some retexture. I guess the only way to know is to complete the set and put them next to each other and see.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 11:09:18
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 11:09:18