Work In Progress / [SOLVED] twin worlds the preperation work

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2014 19:15 Edited at: 21st Nov 2014 19:17
Quote: " I don´t like dungeons, so they do not impress me that much"

i can understand as fpsc was basically a dungeon maker, so i think people can get dungeon fatigue, but i believe with the new engine both can live in harmony, which is my aim. but thank you for chatting also, it is good to have a chat

as to outside, well thanks and as to the guild house, it is still a work in progress, no base floor and i will be adding fireplace and chimney and across over roof, and some bay windows or something up in the final third, or simply make the building l shaped and open it up more.

Quote: "Hope you finish this project"

so do i. i will do although my plan is to do many games in the realm i created. think tolkien, lovecraft, pratchet, gygax etc. they have worlds rich with depth and many stories and history.

an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2014 14:20
anyone interested i have given out a free basic dungeon set in the free section. that is all for that section. if i do give anymore away of that set it will be on this thread so keep alert over the holidays on this one

UNIRD12B
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2014 19:15
wow great stuff....
so nice to see the potential of this engine growing and
your sure doing great work with what we have available so far.
Keep up the good work.

UNIRD12B

Let's actually make something happen with this one !
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2014 16:05
Been a while since my last visit here,i must say the look you have going here is great . Love to have a wander around that village .

Dave

AMD Phenom(tm)IIx6 1090t Processor 3.20 GHS

8.00 GB memory Windows 7 64 bit

Nvida Geforce GTX 580
PM
SS slothman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2015 17:56
this looks very very very good!
when will you be adding in charecters?(goblins,peasants etc)
PM
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2015 11:17 Edited at: 14th Jan 2015 11:17
@ unird 12b

thanks for the comments is much appreciated

@ granada

i will do you a level soon to have a wander and explore a one off for you

@ ss slothman

characters is a good one. getting the scripting is my downfall, i have literally hundreds of animated characters and monsters and animals all ready except for how to give them life etc. no idea how to get them in. i cant script very well so i guess it is a big problem

World Class Multimedia
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Game Development
Posted: 15th Jan 2015 14:51
Wow! This is looking AMAZING - those outdoor scenes with the medieval houses are among the best I have seen and nearly rival Bethesda!

I would most certainly buy this as a construction kit for outdoor and indoor/dungeon creation. It would be really cool to see you create caves as well as sewers - all nice and dirty and sludgy! If you had outdoor, indoor, caves, sewers and dungeons, you would have Wizadry Creation Kit in a box!

FANTASTIC!

Mike

YOU DREAM IT - WE CREATE IT!

www.world-class-multimedia.com

For world-class virtual instruments - www.supersynths.com
World Class Multimedia
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Game Development
Posted: 15th Jan 2015 19:44
Quote: "Well imressive work so far... Although I think you can improve your models. There is a free tool you can use. It is called Ivy generator and it pretty much it does what it says. Your walls and pillars will look 100% better. Here is the link http://graphics.uni-konstanz.de/~luft/ivy_generator/. And it is very easy."

Not going to work - tried it with a low poly tree and the ivy is too high poly - does not import into FPSCR at all - makes it hang.

Mike

YOU DREAM IT - WE CREATE IT!

www.world-class-multimedia.com

For world-class virtual instruments - www.supersynths.com
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2015 22:02 Edited at: 15th Jan 2015 22:12
@ world class cheers for your comments i am not sure i am skyrim yet infact way off, my aim is to be half as good as oblivion then i will be happy.

yes i had a look at the ivy thing, not my cup of tea. if i want ivy i can add it. i may do an ivy cons
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2015 22:05 Edited at: 15th Jan 2015 22:15
[img][/img]

here is a view from on the bridge going up a hilly and wooded pathway

[img][/img]

a windmill for all occasions

[img][/img]

a more efx of my houses so you can see them in how meant to be seen

and a close up of the behoolder as i think i needed to put him in again with glowing green eye

Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2015 22:18 Edited at: 15th Jan 2015 22:25
This is so frickin' cool! Has an oldschool dungeoncrawler vibe to it!

I'm making a game that goes in a similar direction now. I'll have a lot of ground to cover if I want to reach your level of quality!

That little bridge scene makes me really want to go for a stroll!

-Wolf

Edit: I hate it when someone posts a great update people have to see and I cause a new page to happen. Go back to page 4!

"When I contradict myself, I am telling the truth"

"absurdity has become necessity"

79% Sale on my latest Scifi Modelpack. Get it here!
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2015 22:40
Quote: "I'm making a game that goes in a similar direction now. I'll have a lot of ground to cover if I want to reach your level of quality!"

i am very excited to hear you are going for it too, i am sure you will go above and beyond and i look forward to it and i hope to and know i will be inspired, your work as always is aaa. so this is great news wolf.
and thankyou for the compliment

Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2015 05:47
Looking fantastic, science boy - love the smelters!
Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2015 05:49 Edited at: 16th Jan 2015 06:20
edit : Sorry about the multiple posts - kept getting an unknown format error
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2015 09:11
@ gtox thank you and thank you for the word smelters, i did not know their name, i love your work and bought your flower, i tried adapting one of my models to work on the same idea, but i failed drastically, i am not that good at adapting it seems, oh we
Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2015 09:29
Thanks science boy, although I don't think my evil carnivorous plant will like you calling it a flower
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2015 09:32
yes i hope mr meat eater does not take offence, are you any good at adapting say a monster to your script?

Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2015 10:38
I could have a go. Send me a pm or an e-mail with the details.
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2015 19:45
ok here is a little something i am finally working on

a sewer system of my own, with i think some basic starting, i have big circular tunnels that work with this but i will save that for mid week when i have more time and stuff, and will be adding to my town set some more buildings, and finally i will be finishing of all my 2 dungeon sets so they are completed and ready to play. and i am hoping that by the end of next week my towns will be finished, i will be making a sick town soon, plagues and evil lurking deserted towns where once great cities stood. etc so that will be fun, but i intend to in the next few weeks to finish off my near completed sets of things. then i can re assess my next move

here is the first basic sewer

[img][/img]

Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2015 09:55 Edited at: 26th Jan 2015 09:56
Reminds me of Elder Scrolls: Oblivion.
dimoxinil
Years of Service
User Offline
The light green works quite well. I look forward to seeing more images of this game.

Good work!
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2015 12:11
ok just a test on my new cave system which is more fluid than the mine kit which is less fluid more cut and jagged rock anyway it is being optimised as it was a bit poly heavy for a cave wall, so here is a sneak peak of early caves

[img][/img]

Emrys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2015 14:46
Lots of updates

Wolf wrote: "This is so frickin' cool! "

I agree Wolf, so so good. We need a demo

Keep going mate.

PC - Windows 7 64bit, Intel i5, 12Gb Ram, 1TB WD Black, Evga Gefore 760gtx 2GB

Laptop - Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Core i7-3632QM processor, 8GB of RAM, 1Tb Hdd, Nvidia Geforce GT 740m
PM
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2015 23:23 Edited at: 28th Jan 2015 23:25
erased the shot as not to my standard i will re photo tomorrow

thank you to gtox and dimoxinil and e30 your comments are great and it is good to see your works too

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2015 14:44 Edited at: 29th Jan 2015 14:51
ok this is still being designed and these are still rough as i have to re texture some walls as bits of stretching but i get a healthy framerate still so that is good

[img][/img]

i put a chest in to give an idea

this is to show the textures on the cave

[img][/img]

note also there are 7 walls at the moment i aim for 14 and i only used 1 ceiling there are 4 ceilings but i aim for many for drop down holes arched dipped etc. floors i plan a few more for variety. but i will be doing prefabs for quick design once i have all my pieces.

i think for the rest of the day i will be working on my sewers.

@ e30 it would be boring for you to walk around an empty environment so i await characters before any demo release i think

Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2015 15:14
Those are some impressive-looking caves, science boy.
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2015 17:18 Edited at: 29th Jan 2015 18:33
@ gtox thankyou, and will be in touch soon about what we chatted about

i have textured and made a few pillars since i last posted earlier here is a selection of pillars

[img][URL=http://s1144.photobucket.com/user/djlslee/media/snapshot13_zps9
Ertlov
GameGuru BOTB Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2015 15:00
Could you please contact us or me? There are some assets we are very interested in

AMD FX 8Core @ 4GHZ - 16 GB DDR4 - 2xRadeon7950 - Windows 7 Ultimate
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2015 23:17
well back again and ertlov will be in touch at some point soon.

ok i have started on a new town set, i have got a new tavern sorted. fine tweaks like spec too strong and texture re do here and there like the wood ceiling of the roof and some pillars here and there, but this is much bigger than the other inns and also a more sturdy set

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

anyway another work in progress but the parts are there just a few prefabs and i will have a good new town set for somewhere other than the town i have shown
this is a work in progress

exadion
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey!, are you looking for anyone to assist? I am good in scripting and am working on an open world game myself so I have some existing code.

My blog site, free artwork, scripts, textures etc.

http://jadenstockartwork.blogspot.com/
PM
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2015 22:18 Edited at: 8th Feb 2015 22:26
a few new shots, most of the new town set is done. all able to enter and fit with the grand house i built which can double as a inn manor etc. anyway a few more alterations and i shall have it fine tuned plus 2 sets have been made a no windows and windowed. just as reloaded direction and input to how it is going to work is not clear, and have had no reply to if the old town set works.

then i finally got around to advancing on my sewers, with round tunnels and rooms etc, this is a very large room and has been optimised.

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

AuShadow
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2015 06:24
Trust me it would not be boring to walk around your level populated or not, would be great just to see it all and walk around it all

PC Specs: Windows 7 home 64-bit, Amd 7900 3gb DDR5 graphics, 8gb DDR3 Ram, Intel i7 3.4ghz
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2015 15:47 Edited at: 9th Feb 2015 15:55
ok today i have been improving infact i started again on sewer tunnels i knew what i was doing what i needed and the size and so this morning have completed a single straight a double straight a corner t junction and a crossroad. i have tested and work fine, only a small issue with a texture bit but i will sort that in a minute

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

also a more daring lit up sewer main hall

[img][/img]

and au shadow thanks, i will do a demo once i know that the media is solid and safe and unable to reproduce etc. i am not convinced by tgc at the moment on security

also note the slightly obvious water reflection of the sky, which is some what painful for the effect. they have reflect sky and no water at all no reflect with entity, this is a huge killer for anyone who wants underground caves tunnels etc, infact anything indoors with water unless made by yourself. and as water is going to be a year or so down the line at the earliest this is where i leave my sewer set for now. plus the lights keep doing the proximity switch on part. all will be good i am sure but this is the last of sewers for now

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2015 13:22
ok i told a pork pie, i have been adding heaps to the sewers only because i am more impressed with the tunnels, and not going below a 100fps on highest settings. and they all link quick and easy and look really good in gameplay, so added some extras, more rooms and hanging mossy weed and end bars. next is a cave in and broken bars

[img][/img]

adds a very interesting old skool and my school together. anyway i am happy with them. not sure characters can go down them as they stay in areas and not run after you and get stuck

[img][/img]

Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2015 20:21
Planes would be a good alternative,but I like the addition.

I'm generally impressed by your sewer designs, my only criticism would be the large amount of oblivion going on there...not that its a bad thing...its just very...oblivion.

-Wolf

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2015 09:35
Planes? I seem to be missing something. I have been busy so forgive.

Oblivion wow that standard was my aim alas to copy was not my aim. Twas more attempting my own old trip to lightwater valley they had a ride called the rat. They had circular tunnels. The building rooms just came about due to chance and my made texture. Maybe the lighting. If I redden it up maybe less oblivion. I have some neat swirling tunnels to add to the mad maze of underground madness
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2015 20:00
Yeah, planes...add some airplanes to that and you'll be fine! That larger room with the water in it is perfect for a boeing 747.

Just kidding: I mean flat planes with a texture of vines and roots on them. Much like blood-decals only with roots.

I didn't mean that you copied anything. Its just that green lit fantasy sewers have sunk in the collective gamedesigner conciousness as very oblivion. Might be just me though. Its good work none the less!

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2015 20:49
lol, i get it, yeah could be a brick hanger. for the aurora project! ah i see a roots texture. sounds good. i have 3d hanging vines at the moment, but i could do floor stuff.

hey dont worry it is hard to be original when most things have been done. and i do agree. so i may just decrease the green tinge. but it is a damp place where slime moss algea etc would be. maybe i could have a few random turds for originality in the water or something, just kidding.
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2015 14:44
Oh! But you are wrong my friend, barely anything has been done..videogames are a very young form of entertainment. Eh, however...as far as sewers go...most things have been done. Sewerlevels are among the most popular in first person games.

Your project remains the best fantasy game on here...you know what it could really use though? Displacment mapping. I love it! Ever used it?

-Wolf

Emrys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2015 20:28
Great idea Wolf, this would really make you models pop SB.

What software do you use to bake high to low poly wolf?

Laptop - Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Core i7-3632QM processor, 8GB of RAM, 1Tb Hdd, Nvidia Geforce GT 740m
PM
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2015 20:34 Edited at: 17th Feb 2015 20:36
Quote: "
What software do you use to bake high to low poly wolf?"

Hey E30Legend, I model in lowpoly only. I never bake anything (nor would I know how to do that). I can however reduce the polycount of models with uu3D, altough the result can be iffy.

-Wolf

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2015 11:13
Displacment mapping does reloaded support this tech? i hear it needs diff, norm, spec, is height map?

anyway yes any improvement be great, and what is your way of doing so?
in other words any extra techniques are welcome.
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2015 21:06 Edited at: 26th Feb 2015 22:38
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhV0_f08Qgk

here is my first video of a glimpse at the sewers, next up is the country

and here is the country walk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRmeT42Lbog&feature=youtu.be
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2015 22:44
tomorrow i will be showing my caves video before the launch and some other things too
snowdog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2015 22:45 Edited at: 26th Feb 2015 22:46
I love the spinning passages :>
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
PM
0Alemar0
Years of Service
User Offline
nice work science boy!
www.alemargames.com
Notayeti
Years of Service
User Offline
I just bought this and I hope you are still busy making your Kits for a cave and dungeon.
PM
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2015 15:44
snowdog thanks, but they were not properly lined up. i have been attempting to get characters to go down them it is sort of working, so i may have a sewer full of lurking monsters whoooaaaaaa

0alerm0 thanks its them little appreciations that keep me going

notayeti i am always busy making stuff, i just keep trying to improve and further improve.

as it has been a while i will give you a showcase of my ultimate town kit.

the first showing is a huge inn/hotel
3 floors 7 rooms for rent and 2 huge downstairs areas a huge upstairs area etc very big indeed, taken 2 days to suss it out, although i lost the first one due to bad file, then updated the windows on this beast. so without further ado

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

this one is a more work needed on the texture. version is a run down inn but i will correct it later there is still work to do on the first one, then the extras like post supports, fires, shutters, overhangs, porchways etc etc. i will be making them attachable to make use of at least various differences to make unique inns

as i say, this is the first, there are shops and houses, mills, forge works, blacksmith and many other town like buildings. this is a rework from what i was attempting the other month.
Emrys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2015 15:58 Edited at: 10th Mar 2015 16:00
What a load of total rubbish ! Give me the model and we will say no more about it

Ok, ok, it's epic ! Truly outdone yourself this time I wouldn't even know where to start on building something on this scale.

PM
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2015 20:16
Quote: "What a load of total rubbish ! Give me the model and we will say no more about it "

i agree at the moment but with all the other town models i hope ( crosses fingers) it will fit in. plus to add trimmings yet so fingers crossed

Quote: "Ok, ok, it's epic ! Truly outdone yourself this time I wouldn't even know where to start on building something on this scale."

why thankyou. i think i have more to do but thanks, i actually well love your castle and your tube,

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 01:34:39
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 01:34:39