Free Models and Media / PirateMyke – Roads And Signs Packs Updated for GameGuru

Author
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2015 14:03
I will check all this stuff out again as the install should have only put things in the pirateMyke folder.
Thought I got the street light in there also. I will look at the installer again and be sure everything is there.
I had thought I cleared the Bin and Dbo files also. Was a busy weekend, when I did that again. this was the third update to these packs.

Thanks for letting me know.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

samoh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2015 14:46
Happy to be of some help! You Mods do a great job helping us GameGuru noobs , it is good to be able to return the favor in some small way.

The spell checker on the forums does not like the spelling of GameGuru or noobs!

Sam
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2015 15:01
Thank you, we try our best to accommodate all.

Yes it is the standard spell checker that comes with the Op sys now. You can always RMB on the highlighted word and add it to the dictionary, if you wish.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2015 16:11 Edited at: 19th Apr 2015 16:12
Yes, I botched that installer, forgot to put the extra folder in the path. You can use the uninstaller in the root of the entity bank folder to rid yourself of this mistake. But any maps you used these in will give you a missing media warning when loading them.

Let me fix and retest the installer and repost it. And I did forget the light. Silly me.

Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2015 16:39
EDIT: April 19th, 2015 - the installer had a few errors in it. Use the uninstaller to uninstall my stuff, then download the new installer and it will place all the folders under the piratemyke folder, instead of the root one. I had missed the street light and it is now in my bridges folder, Sorry about that. Also one the building the diffuse textures where not compressed, having a very large file size. These have been properly compressed now and are normal size.
The below link has been updated. Thank you

Please note if you have used these in a map, and you change the location, you will have to reset these object again. So please think about this before you change these files Again very sorry for that.

Here is the new Corrected installer.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/m1lty80f2uuxeim/PirateMyke%20Free%20Packs%20GameGuru%20Version.exe?dl=0

samoh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2015 06:48
Three hours and 21 minutes. From the time I posted untill your response with a new installer!
I have not done my Steam review of GameGuru yet, but this forum, and the quick responce from GameGuru to people problems will be a highlight of it. That and the 17 positive updates to the engine since GameGuru was installed on my machine Feb 27. And all that for a measly 20 bucks. I can spend that much on a bad meal. With 3rd person just around the corner, GameGuru is headed in the right direction. (I am more RPG than FPS)

As for the uninstaller, it will not work for me because I have moved your files, but it will help those who do not fiddle around with the file structure. Of cource I could unmove them, but only thing I need to do is compress the RailRoadBuildings_D.dds and RailRoadStation_D.dds and move the street lamp to the Buildings folder.

What compression method and tools do you recomend for GameGuru? Do you use PNG and convert to DDS, or do you make your textures using DDS. All of the GameGuru texture files I have checked have DXT1 compression. Does GameGuru use DXT3 or DXT5?

I for the most part use Gimp and Blender for textures and meshes (both portable, I do not like installers). None of that PhotoShop and 3DMax for me.
(I am way too Cheep!)

Thanks again Myke, keep up the good work.

Sam
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2015 13:12
No problem on the quick response and turn around of the new installer, Could have had it quicker, but decided that helping a few users with there issues was more of a priority, because of me being a moderator.

ok, on the uninstaller for you, you placed the files and are good, the only DXT 5 compression textures I used were on the buildings for the windows, all else are the DXT1 compressed flavor of DDS format. You fond the light post and that is good also.

I use gimp most of the time for photo textures, it can be any format you want when creating them, but saved out in DDS format. GameGuru uses all of the compression methods, provided by the dds plugins, DXT1 thru DXT5, plus the raw formats.
GameGuru will use TGA format also, but the files sizes are pretty big depending on the texture size you choose for you work.

DXT 1 for most textures, DXT 5 for transparent that need alpha channel, rgb8 for skyboxes, DXT 5 for terrain.

I did purchase Quixel suites for texturing of some of my stuff, and it require photoshop and I needed to get that. But Quixel suite was worth it, so I have photoshop around now also. As GIMP has some issues showing alpha from certain files, photoshop filled in the gaps there. They are all output at TGA, then converted in GIMP with the .dds plugin.

I use 3dmax myself, as I have been using it for 20 years and am very familiar with the work flow. I have Blender also which is a very capable program and has all the functionality of 3D Max, and for Free.

Glad these are all working, if you find anything else, please bring it to my attention. Working on a few more pieces as I feel the whole thing could use some road with the aprons on them for driveways and parking lot entrances. This will be a couple of weeks for that.

Thank you for the kind words. Makes doing free media a joy.

samoh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2015 03:30
Very informative post, Thanks Myke

I have used 3D Max myself, old versions found in the back of a "how to book" that I dug out of a bargain bin at Micro Center. I also used Gmax a lot back in the day, modifing Dungeon Siege. It was quite the learning experence getting custom weapons and shields to work in game. When Morrowind came along, modding became easier. One might say modding Morrowind was NIFty (sorry about that, could not help myself). Since Morrowind, I have spent a lot of time modding NetImmerse/GameBryo games. A lot more time modding than playing for the most part(Except for Skyrim). When a GameBryo game goes on sale, I am buying it! I have also used the Source SDK, and have a lot of game engines on my hard drives.(Cafu, NeoAxis3D, Torque 3D, Unity, etc.) All free of course!

I understand your priorities, you help make this forum worthwile investment of time for GameGuru users, and add to the value of GameGuru for them. I have been on too many forums in the past, where users post a problem or need some advice, then post a few days later something like "HELLO, is there anybody here?"

You are probably alot like this guy, myke1net, who is busy helping GameGuru users on the Steam forums!!

Thanks again for the info

Sam
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2015 03:57
That is me.
I have two different names, as there was no steam to hook up to when I started this software 5 years ago.

Well it is a habit that we all try and do, we all get for free, and we all should return for free, no matter if it is usable info or models and media.

It keeps it friendly most of the time.

Thanks again.

samoh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2015 10:49 Edited at: 21st Apr 2015 11:08
I am confused!

I thought I remember reading somewhere that bin and dbo files were not necessary and should be removed from the entitybank folders. A hold over from FPS classic, now used to encript files for the standalone.

I am wrong, am I not?

EDIT - The GameGuru editor writes bin and dbo files back to the folder of the entity placed on map. My bad!
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2015 13:41
The dbo file is the mesh in the format for GG, the bin file points to other thing you define, the x file, textures shader and scripts. These are written by the engine.

They are needed, but they are also version specific, and should be overwritten if the engine detects a newer file date on the x file or the textures, or the FPE file.

For the Standalone builds, things are encrypted and has nothing to do with the Dbo and bin files
As a side note. .bin and .LUA files are not encrypted yet.

3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2015 17:39
@ Pirate Myke
Downloading.....
A lot of work you had made with those assets, nice to see people like you onboard
Thanks for all.

3com
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 8.1 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics

PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2015 21:08
You are welcome. They are a lot easier to snap together now with the new editor features.

bburgess
Years of Service
User Offline
This is GREAT thank you so much for all the effort, I was looking into making my own but now!!!
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2015 13:08
you are welcome, enjoy them.

Yankee1950
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for sharing your work...
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2015 17:59
Your Welcome.

Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2015 17:53
Some additions to this free pack by request.

Here are some surface straight pieces, that face E and w, and also one at 20D incline, Also N and S facing one with a 20D incline.

Attached below. Unzip these to the Roads subfolder under pirate myke

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2015 18:08
thanks myke Awesome stuff as ever.
Aftershock Quad Core AMD FM2+ 3.5 GHz 8GB Motherboard and Processor, A7700k apu, AMD HD7870 gfx card.
King Korg Synth, Alesis SR18 Drum Machine, Akai MPX8 sample player, Roland Fantom XA Synth, Axus Digital AXK2 Digital Drum Kit.
Peri
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Pirate Myke

your pack is wonderful keep it up
Johno 15
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2015 18:10
I downloaded this pack a while ago and haven't downloaded any of these newer versions. I did notice that with the old one the roads always sank under the terrain a bit. Was that intentional or just a bug that's been fixed?
www.archon-industries.moonfruit.com (Visit it)
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2015 19:02
If you have not downloaded the installer then that was the original set. They were designed for uneven terrains. So yes on those.

Since then there have been another set added that site on the flat terrain surface. Plus rail roads and some fixes and missing stuff.

I plan on adding some more in the future.

Johno 15
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2015 19:16
Thanks Myke, You're one of a kind
www.archon-industries.moonfruit.com (Visit it)
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2016 15:14
The hi way access ramp was reported broken now, and in fact it did not work any more. This has now been fixed and you can get the new x file attached below.

Place this file in the Roads folder and over write the existing.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
BlackHat
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you for this Myke! I was going to ask about traffic signals and signs when I couldn't find them in Mega Pack 1 and then I found this.
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2016 12:48
You are welcome.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-01 16:23:39
Your offset time is: 2024-05-01 16:23:39