Free Models and Media / PirateMyke – Roads And Signs Packs Updated for GameGuru

Author
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2014 00:23
@ Dvader: No not at all. We all have different ways we like to put things together.

I wanted a system that had the road bed and drainage ditches included in the sections to either have set in the ground or raise out of the ground with out the bottom
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2014 10:20 Edited at: 7th Apr 2014 10:21
More progress on the Rail Road Bridges.

The trestle cross sway bars are in and textures adjusted and mapped. Also have a 100 Ft concrete rail road bridge going.

More pictures here:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/116817174687197432570/albums/5999460528114206353

Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2014 09:02 Edited at: 17th Apr 2014 10:39
Some more progress. Making a Rail Road Station for the new pack.

Sporting the new veg pack from the download store. They look great.

More Photos Here:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/116817174687197432570/albums/5999460528114206353

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
I've said it before, but excellent work..

SC

i7-4770s 3.10ghz - Geforce GTX 650ti
almightyhood
Years of Service
User Offline
yeah really, its very cool stuff piratemyke m8 nioe work

evga GeForce gtx 750 ti boost2.0 2gb gddr5. win 8.1 quad core 4gb ram.
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2014 17:45
Thank you.

What will be the policy for converted free items from the classic download store? Will converted assets be able to be given away for commercial use?

The creator of these railroad cars in this instance has passed on.

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
@Pirate Myke,

Please contact rick@thegamecreators.com regarding this one, as it depends very much on the terms of the original agreement.

SC

i7-4770s 3.10ghz - Geforce GTX 650ti
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2014 10:27
@ Scene Commander.

I will. Thanks

henry ham
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2014 11:26
As Scene Commander says talk to rick ,I can't see there being A problem though as heltor gave them away free before he died .I should think it will be a simple case of giving him a credit in the download. It would be a shame to see his work go to waste .

Cheers henry

Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2014 15:06
I have contacted Rick and the question has been presented. I have sent an email to his son at the last known email I have for him, to ask his opinion.

General rule of thumb is to contact the original creator. So at this point not sure about the converted train cars being used.

Cosmic Prophet
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2014 17:50 Edited at: 18th Apr 2014 18:17
Love all these bro! It really Makes we want to do a new Dark City pack, but for Reloaded this time. His son Tim worked with me on the original, and the pack was dedicated to him.

Man, I sure miss him. Anyway, all the stuff Heltor gave for free, was licensed for both commercial, and non. At least the store stuff was. And giving credit is always good practice anyway.

Back from the Wasteland.
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2014 18:07
@ Cosmic Prophet:

Sounds good, I am waiting to see how TGC are going to handle the characters not being able to walk on anything custom yet. I keep checking but still they fall thru to the terrain. But I am full of ideas for things to make. And I hav
Cosmic Prophet
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2014 20:45
That, as well as what variety of character rigs, and animations we'll be able to use for quickly making our own. With just a few good animated skeletons, with varying animation sets, We could really get a lot of great stuff out there.

Back from the Wasteland.
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2014 20:58
I have about 150 different rigs for characters, made with different animations, so there is a lot that can be done, quickly.

Cosmic Prophet
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2014 02:29
No kidding, and they all work in reloaded?

Back from the Wasteland.
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2014 03:07
Not tried in reloaded, But the concept is once you have motion in a biped, it is reusable, Just like popping the fpsc biped into a rigged character. Interchangeable. Plus any rig that is not a biped rig (bones), the animation is capture able also and it too can be transferred to other similar bone rigs.

It is a process of work flow just like anything else. I have not tried the new character tool on the forums, as I pretty much animate what I need.

Plus there is a wealth of free motion capture files available for commercial work, that have nice motion in them, Bring them in, restrict the movement to the 0,0 axis and apply it to your character, then export to xfile format.

This is with 3d Max, I sadly have not tried with other programs as I was raised on Max. But blender has come a long way and should be very capable of doing this, Fragmotion should do this also.

As far as the quickly, Should be able to get a couple of characters a day, then you fine tune the vertex weighting for proper mesh movement.

Lugo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2014 19:16
Guys does anyone know any websites or anything like that where I can get more entities for my game? ive got everything on the forums and all of pirate mykes, but i see all the pictures in the gallery and wonder where they get all of the objects at. if anyone can link me or post me some entities i would greatly appreciate it.

Jacob Lugo
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2014 19:46
Hello Lugo,

Got an email saying you posted and have a question, but since you are new to the forum your messages have to be approved before posting for a few days. Welcome to the forum.

Most everything that I have posted pictures of, I make in 3d max. If I need things in a hurry I do go to the free model sites like turbo squid and so forth. But you will not find very many models in direct x format that are ready for reloaded.

Do you model, or have a model program?

Getting these objects into Reloaded is not that difficult.

First the shader that is used requires 3 textures in .dds format to function proper. A diffuse or color map Somename_d.dds, A specular map somename_s.dds, and a normal map somename_n.dds. These can be made in photoshop or Gimp, which is a free graphics program. www.gimp.org.

Next thing you need to do is get the object from which ever format it is in, to direct x format. Usually exporting it out of the model program you have.

Next you will need to create a folder under the entitybank folder for your assets.

Copy an existing FPE file into your new folder, rename it to the object you are making, Edit the file in a text editor and point that file to the assets you are using. You will need to generate the preview icon in 24bit .bmp format at 64 x 64 for this. Put this in the new folder also.

Open up the Reloaded editor and insert your new object into the map and test to see that it functions.

This should get you started.

There is not to much Reloaded media made yet as the program is still in beta and the way things are done is still evolving. So most of what you see from the gallery is either made by someone or has been converted from classic free assets and model packs. If you are a gold member pledger, then you have access to a bunch of old model packs that can be converted.

Free Paint programs – Gimp

Free model programs – Milk shape 3d, Blender

Cheap model programs – Fragmotion

Other commercial model programs – 3d Max, Maya, Cinema 4d, Truespace 3d

Hope this gets you going.

Lugo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2014 20:01
"If you are a gold member pledger, then you have access to a bunch of old model packs that can be converted." Pirate Myke what model packs are for free because I am a Gold Pledger and I never recieved any free model packs or anything of that nature relating to them. And to reply to your question, no i am not a modeler but i would like to start it due to people like you inspiring me to help out the community. Can you please help me with what model packs are free and all that? and also maybe a tutorial link i can watch for modeling for fpsc reloaded?

Thank you Myke

Jacob Lugo
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2014 20:16
@ Lugo:

Open up a browser and go to the reloaded website. Log in if you have not. Press the My account button top right.

Press the My order history on the right.

This will take you to the page where you can see what you have ordered and what i
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
@All.

The gold pledge was altered a couple of months ago. Gold pledgers now will receive a legacy pack of 400+ converted models. This pack is due soon.

Earlier backers I believe still received the older packs.

SC

i
mbarn
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2014 21:53
@Pirate Myke: Awesome work!

Quote: "Other commercial model programs – 3d Max, Maya, Cinema 4d, Truespace 3d"

Truespace7.61 full version and sdk are free now.

http://www.caligari.us/
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2014 21:55
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2014 18:21
Some more updates on the texture for the rail road station.

Also Made a Mag Lev Train track and station and a quick high speed mag lev train

I think these should be ready by the week end.

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 4gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2014 05:59
PirateMyke – Roads And Signs Pack Vol 5 – RailRoad Stuff Cont.

Contains:

Rail Road Trestles:

1 Rail Road Conrete Bridge-100Ft

1 Rail Road Steel Trestle-300Ft

Rail Road Stations:

1 Mag Lev Station1

1 Rail Road Station

Transport:

1 Mag Lev Train1 – My lame attempt at something quick. Looks OK in the distance.

Parking Lot:

1 Mag Lev Parking Lot – This is a complete lot for the mag station. One side only. Flip it around for the other side.

Track:

1 Mag Lev Track Str-100Ft – Ground Level

1 Mag Lev Track Str Cruise-100Ft - Raised Level

1 Mag Lev Track Curve-100Ft – Ground Level

1 Mag Lev Track Curve Cruise-100Ft – Raised Level

1 Mag Lev Rise Track-500Ft – Transition track from Ground Level To Rise Level

Misc:

1 Mag Lev Riser Pillar Full – Full height pillar for the track sections. You will see one side without the pillar so they are modular. There are instances where you will need this.

File in Download button.

Installation: This pack only. Extract all files into the entitybank\piratemyke folder.

These models may be used for what ever purpose you choose commercial or not.

Textures are from CG textures and the licenses apply to the textures which state good for commercial work, just don't sell the textures in a pack by themselves.

If used, credit would be great but not needed. Myke price (Pirate Myke) – email in button below

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 4gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

d4rk001
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for this Sir MYKE!

PM
tommy8
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2014 19:54
Great stuff. Wish i could model this successfully.
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2014 06:32
@ d4rkoo1: your welcome

@Tommy8: Thanks, Keep practicing. Make a simple model every day. Be patient, read help files and tutorials.

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 4g
Tingalls
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2014 00:11
I like all your stuff - I have many ideas for it. I was having trouble with the Animi RRXing laying down and moving all over, however I changed it to Static and it works fine. I changed your Script a little to sync with my sound file - I included both here for you to check out if you like.

Thanks for all your hard work on these entities

Experiencing a cool Game --> Tingalls
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2014 14:50
@Tingalls: Thanks, You could have set immobile to 1 and it will stay in place.

But you are free to changes them as you wish.

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 4gb RAM,
Sparrowhawk
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2014 02:10
Pirate Myke, I'm using your railroad stuff in my current game, very impressed

Do you mind doing me a modelling favour if you have the time?
I could do with a version of your rail road tracks with less/no embankment (just the rails and sleepers) and possibly if you could some sections of just rail.

In fact I have a few more railroad requests for you, if you'd care to hear them?

Many thanks again for all the amazing stuff

Mac Pro 2014, Windows 8.1 Pro, OSX Mavericks. 3.7Ghz Quad Xeon CPU, Dual AMD D500 GPU's (6GB GDDR5 VRAM), 12GB System RAM, 512 GB PCI-E SSD
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2014 02:25
@ Sparrowhawk: Thanks. Send me a PM as to your requirements. Hopefully this request is not for the contest as I am fully engulfed in that for the next few days. I might not be able to fulfill it in time.

Info needed: Would be best if you model to send
Sparrowhawk
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2014 02:50
Thanks for the speedy response!

Originally my request may have been for the contest, however since the deadline looms, for now I'll use what I already have from the packs (It would be unreasonable to distract you from your entry to make assets I'd use for mine!)

I'm not really sure what I need to scale, but I'll base it off what you have (a width of 4'8") - and try to work it out on paper. I'm afraid I'm likely to email you an unreasonably long list of suggestions, so I'll put the first two or three in order of how much I'd like them. Feel free to do as much or as little as you want, whenever you have the time

In the past I've had a stab at 3D modelling and never get anywhere - so I appreciate how time consuming it is!

Also, what's this zero-height thing? Not quite sure I understand that bit!

Many Thanks

Mac Pro 2014, Windows 8.1 Pro, OSX Mavericks. 3.7Ghz Quad Xeon CPU, Dual AMD D500 GPU's (6GB GDDR5 VRAM), 12GB System RAM, 512 GB PCI-E SSD
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2014 02:59
When you insert an object into the map editor, it inserts at what would be the x 0, y 0, z 0 coordinates.

I can make the model so that the top of the rails will stick out of the terrain by six inches or so, or have it so that all the ties and 6" depth of the bed will be above the terrain by default. It totally depends on if you will be crossing roads or other obstacle's.

Anyway say you need a section of track that has 400 ft of straight track then make a 90 degree turn in a 300 ft radius to the left. I can model the profile which is the cross section of rail, ties and bed, and loft it along the path described above.

The actual modeling of the track section take about 5 minutes. If you want to have crossings or a specialized yard then some thought of the whole map would be required. Texturing can take a little more time to UV map. Turn outs are the hardest to match with each other.

So send me a textual description of how long a section and what radius turn you would need, and I could at least pop out the main section for you for the contest.

Sparrowhawk
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2014 03:44
Thanks Myke, I've sent you an email which hopefully has the info you'd need, its similar to what you've made, but with all the bed above ground, however a much lower profile (1ft high)

Many thanks again, I'll save the more complex requests until later in the month

Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2014 23:33 Edited at: 10th Jun 2014 23:36
Pirate Myke Roads and Sings Pack Vol 6 - Redesigned Rails

These ones will just sit on top of the terrain. Good for flat terrain where not much sculpting will be needed or wanted.

Contents:

1 @ 100 ft straight track

1 @ 50 ft straight track

1 @ 450 ft rad at 30 degrees right.

1 @ 450 ft rad at 30 degrees left.

1 @ 450 ft rad at 10 degrees right.

1 @ 450 ft rad at 10 degrees left.

1 @ 150 ft rad at 30 degrees right.

1 @ 150 ft rad at 30 degrees left.

1 @ 150 ft rad at 10 degrees right.

1 @ 150 ft rad at 10 degrees left.

1 default texture set.

These may be used for all purposes and may be modified as you wish. Textures came from CG texture and are licensed for commercial use. Don't sell them in a texture pack.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Sparrowhawk
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2014 14:47
Excellent models

I'll provide some in-game screenshots of their use later

Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2014 16:50
Thank you. Glad to here they are working for you.

The Tall Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2014 21:05
Wow! Pirate Myke, I just found this thread. This all looks really awesome!!!! And it's really awesome you did it to spec, too, for consistency and realism. I've downloaded your packs and am looking forward to exploring them. I already have some ideas in mind...

One minor suggestion though - in a video you shared a while back with the long roads and streetlights that seemed to work one pair at a time in the engine... I noticed that where you had an intersection of two roads, it was very square. On roads there are generally curves or smooth transitions around such intersections, breaks in the painted lines (or curved lines, but something like that).

Having a road system like this can really make a great foundation for a game world! And for making refreshingly very large game-worlds, too. With smallg's distance occlusion script combined with some very light (hardly noticeable to the player) fog, a game-maker could feel really free to make huge maps with this without worrying about the size and openness of it slowing down the engine. Your packs are like really foundational, and I suspect with get a lot of use by many people.

Thanks so much for sharing!!!
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2014 21:15
: The tall man:

Thank you and hope you get some good use out of them. They are for starting out levels and sculpting the terrain.

I know what you mean about the curved curbs and stuff. That is not hard to make the mesh, it is the stripping that will be jacked until we get some kind of decals.

For the contest map I did, I did do the curved radius' on all of the intersections. Not to bad, but I also did whole sections as a center line done out normal to the industry. That's when it occurred that 2 miles by 2 miles is not really enough to do full scale stuff like roads. when a normal off ramp can be almost 1500 feet long, taking up most of the map length, Not that we should. Same with the track stuff. Just need pieces here and there to throw together to get the thought in the players head that this is what it is supposed to be.

Any way TGC is looking to improve the terrain system and maybe we can get to draw a polyline following the contour of our level terrain and then just attach a road profile to it. We shall see.

And again thank you

Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2014 08:44
Pirate Myke - this may be asking a lot, but would it possible for you to upload these files to another site? I'm getting horrendous download speeds off this site (less than 1KBps at the moment) and, with no support for download resuming, I've only been able to download volume 6 (which is less than 1mb).
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2014 09:11
@Gtox: Drop box links added to the first post for all the packs Use 1A instead of 1 as vol 1 had some missing entities and textures. Enjoy! hope these download better for you.

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz
Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2014 00:30
Thank you very much - that works perfectly!
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2014 00:36
Excellent.

Glad you have them downloaded.

Play with these on a blank map first to get the hang of them.
Also you will want to maybe turn the <u> feature to red so it don't re sculpt your sculpted terrain.

Sparrowhawk
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2014 21:58
Don't suppose you fancy putting together some wagons do you Myke? (/Are there any free ones you know of?)

If at all possible I could also do with a set of points, say about 100 foot long?
It would be useful to have a set going off to be non-parallel and a parallel set:

Overlapping would work, but it looks odd, since actual points would have the spaces so the trains could actually go ethier way

If you aren't too busy that is

(Also I have a couple more requests if you aren't too busy, which I'll PM you later if you're agreeable?)

Custom Mac Pro (2014): OSX 10.9 (Mavericks) and Windows 8.1 Pro: Octa-threaded Xeon E5 v2 @ 3.7Ghz [9775]; Dual AMD FirePro D500 (3GB VRAM Each) [3769]; 12GB RAM [2517]; 512GB SSD [9074];

At the detected score [passmark 9074], my SSD is ranked 3rd of all SSD's in the charts
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2014 05:02
@sparrow hawk- I will work on it.

Timbothy76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2014 05:15
Thanks for these, I look forward to playing around with them, I might read through a little further as I have minor positioning issues where grass comes through the texture in crossroads and coldersac (Excuse spelling).

enthusiasm without knowledge is a dangerous thing
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
@Sparrowhawk.

I believe there were some free wagons in the FPSC Classic store. Not sure how they will work the Pirate Mikes' models as the wheel guage is most likely different. But might be worth a look if Pirate Mike is too busy.

SC

Sparrowhawk
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2014 15:00
Cheers I'll take a look - would that depart of a model pack, I'm not sure if the really old store is still about!
Regards,
S

Custom Mac Pro (2014): OSX 10.9 (Mavericks) and Windows 8.1 Pro: Octa-threaded Xeon E5 v2 @ 3.7Ghz [9775]; Dual AMD FirePro D500 (3GB VRAM Each) [3769]; 12GB RAM [2517]; 512GB SSD [9074];

At the detected score [passmark 9074], my SSD is ranked 3rd of all SSD's in the charts
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2014 16:10 Edited at: 29th Jun 2014 16:19
Forgive my American ways, but as wagons due you refer to rail cars? If so then look under Heltor. He has all but engine. Which is in the cosmic profit stuff. But they all need textures and scaling work. Tried contacting his son for written permission to

Retexture scale and redistribute to the reloaded community, but no reply as of yet.

If not rail cars, then please give some more detail as to what you are looking for.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 13:03:18
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 13:03:18