3rd Party Models/Media Chat / [WIP] Game Assets

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2015 21:28 Edited at: 15th Apr 2015 08:53
SB wrote: "that as shamed my work completely, i will have to do what the officer on the new in development death star says to lord vader when he hears the emperor is coming, "we will double our efforts""

Mate, your medieval houses are epic I haven't even come close to making houses that good

SB wrote: "ps i was thinking the same but then thought of the work it may involve to get it right and i thought i would wait a few years till particles etc were added"

Yeah your right but I'm still playing around with a few ideas, nothing good yet though.

teamhalo wrote: "Some seriously great stuff in here. I am excited to see the wheel animated, Do you use an alpha one the thatched roof texture? It looks really good."

Thanks, Yes the thatched roof is made with a alpha mask and all done with planes which took a bit work to get it look right.

teamhalo wrote: "Did you develop this media in a modular kit style or do you just construct pieces in the 3D editor and export complete models? Seriously looks straight from skyrim the quality is top notch. I am curious, I am assuming you use atlas texturing as apposed to multi textures- how large do you paint your textures? 2048 or do you go 4096?"
[/quote]

A bit of both to be honest but all the model are constructed using parts from the first house. Yeah its just one texture 2048 x 2048 I never tried multi texturing as GG doesn't really support it but I know it can be done. I don't think they are Skyrim quality but I will keep trying lol !

Quote: "Awesome stuff, beautiful textures. Great detail.
Great job."

Thanks Myke

A little preview of the first stages of my game, some of the textures still need work and the waterfalls are work in progress.

PC - Windows 7 64bit, Intel i5, 12Gb Ram, 1TB WD Black, Evga Gefore 760gtx 2GB

Laptop - Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Core i7-3632QM processor, 8GB of RAM, 1Tb Hdd, Nvidia Geforce GT 740m
PM
TheSourceCode
Years of Service
User Offline
Models look great! Keep up the amazing work!
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Stunning work..... That's how you use GameGuru ..
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2015 06:40
Beautiful work.
Emrys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2015 08:39
Thanks all, the encouragement always helps me to push on with this project

Lots more to do in this area, I can already see from the above images that the cliffs / mountains need more work. I've got animals, insects, props and of course characters to add. I have about 85% of the storyline and game design mapped out.

I need to do a bit more optimisation but so far it's running at very nice 65 fps with everything set to high.

I will post up proper game WIP thread soon.

PC - Windows 7 64bit, Intel i5, 12Gb Ram, 1TB WD Black, Evga Gefore 760gtx 2GB

Laptop - Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Core i7-3632QM processor, 8GB of RAM, 1Tb Hdd, Nvidia Geforce GT 740m
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 20:43:53
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 20:43:53