Work In Progress / Anthropocene Epoch

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2021 21:50 Edited at: 20th Feb 2021 21:56

Developer/ C4ever08/CASPER FOREVER DIGITAL
Genre/ Scifi/Apocalyptic First Person Shooter

Story

In the year 2042 we sent out a telescope that was used to send the most powerful broadcast deliberately sent into space
with the intention of contacting alien life. In 2044 we got a signal back, Scientist were astonished the signal was close
just on the edge of are solar system they pin pointed the exact location and realized that it was heading towards Earth.

Suddenly things changed the government shut down everything and began building underground bunkers that could hold
thousands of people.Then began the change to are environment, the planet was changing the once blue sky we enjoyed
turned a greenish colour 80% of the wild life went extinct.Soon enough the government couldn't hold there secrets anymore
once the planet heading towards us was visible we were being invaded by an alien race called the Mantis.

They are a planet destroying species only out to get rare ores and the planets energy which they use for power before
destroying everything else in there way. The government was prepared they had executed a secret project and built ships
on the other side of the moon were they wern't visible and these ships could only take half of the population of earth,
But you either had to be rich or be chipped to be able to get on. That's when the riots started, people were fighting for
survival and there wern't enough enforcement to fight back so the FTU (Federal,Tactical,Unit) locked us in these bunkers
and escaped earth to leave millions here to be enslaved by these alien creatures.

I guess we shouldnt have sent that broadcast..... Cause there here

About

Your name is Kastiel you were sent to Sonoma bunker prison, where you were chipped so the FTU could keep track of
all inmates in Sonoma but after the riots happened you decide to escape and fight to get off this planet. You will then
encounter Jade an A.I that was implanted in your head she is your mission brief officer and guild you threw missions.
You will encounter other characters you will need to speak with for new missions to help you.

Anthropocene Epoch is an alien shooter based in the Sonoma Region which is a semi open concept in a few levels to
explore and find items on your way, it is a mission based game with with 5-7 levels done so far.

levels are

- Sonoma bunker (tutorial level)

- The Dam

- Sewer/abandoned underground subway station

- Sonoma City

- Underground car tunnel

Heres some pics of Sonoma Bunker

Thank you for taking the time to view my new project and ill keep you updated

CASPER FOREVER DIGITAL

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
granada
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2021 23:05
Looks like its going to be a good one

Dave
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
GeForce RTX™ 2070 GAMING OC 8G
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
3840 x 2160 ,60 Hz
PM
c4ever08
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello everyone got another update for ya as I've been working away on this project, I'd like to show you the next level which is The Dam. this level is where the action takes place as Sonoma Bunker is a tutorial level showing you the basic's of the game but at the dam you have to get across to get to the Sewer killing Mantis Alien's occupying it using it as a base. I actually love this level as its not easy to get past aliens using rocket launchers, I'm also working on A.I so they move better and use cover zones.

There's also places to explore like the old house, Forest area, a barn you may find some stashes around its a pretty small map I may expand on it later on but for now here's some screen shot's of The Dam as seen in video

Thanks for viewing and I'll update you with more next week

Casper Forever Digital
PM
c4ever08
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello everyone hope everyone had a good week. I had a busy week with this project as I reworked a few levels adding new assets. Now I'll give you a run down on what I'm planning. I've decided to change assets so there's more custom ones to look at exploring my game I myself have made quite a few models for this project as well so any assets you see or recognize in screen shots are just place holders for now.

I've also created custom characters, Custom audio created by me and weapons hopefully and a few other things I've got going on in the background eventually I'll be posting Vids soon as i have some sound tests to do. But i will end this off with some screen shots of another level The sewer/ abandoned subway station hope you guys enjoy and stay tuned.

CASPER FOREVER DIGITAL

PM
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2021 15:36
Very cool! You have a strong atmosphere going with all the grime and disrepair. Yet it somehow looks like it would be relaxing to explore.
I'll be looking forward to more.
c4ever08
Years of Service
User Offline
@Wolf thank you yea it took me a bit to get the look i wanted I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out and plus it's a lot smaller in scale then my other project so its easier to manage

But this week i was gonna show you guys my city level but then i decided to change it up cause level's is just one part of the game, and show you guys some of the custom character's. I would also like to add a thank you to Duchenkuke as i will be making my own weapons for
this project as i mentioned last post. But now i can now rig them and get them into GG Thanks man, and also to Smallg for helping me on a few scripts. So i will leave you to check out these screenshots and i will update you next week.

here's my first energy pistol still very early wip but it looks good so far

PM
c4ever08
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2021 14:44 Edited at: 26th Mar 2021 14:45
Hey all So I've been doing a lot of work this last few week's on my maps and soon i will have them all complete as i have two levels left to finish so I'm a little behind on this thread as this project started 6 months after i started my other project Dietara. I rebuilt a few levels a few times before i got the look I wanted and am happy with it now. So the next level I'm showing is Sonoma City this map is the main mission's map so there is a few missions you need to do in order to get to the next level. I've also created a map/radar with objectives and when you complete one mission the next objective will become visible and so on thanks to the help of Smallg.

but without further ado here are shots of Sonoma City

Thank you for tuning in and ill get back to ya with another update soon

CASPER FOREVER DIGITAL
PM
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2021 03:29
Neato! This is improving rapidly.

Just a hint. LINK if you add a shader line to these props glowing here (like effectbank\reloaded\entity_basic.fx) you will have them show as intended with proper ambient light.

Keep up the good work! GG needs more decent projects like this.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2021 13:30
I like the look of this. Bookmarking/watching
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++ VS2019, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, others
Hardware: ULTRA FAST Quad Core Gaming PC Tower WIFI & 16GB 1TB HDD & Win 10 (x64), Geforce GTX1060(3GB). Dell Mixed Reality VR headset, Aerodrums 3D
PM
GubbyBlips
Years of Service
User Offline
Great story-line, and great environments also.
If you push that story to the player, they will stay to see what happens!
It lends to creating intriguing and immersive game play so maybe some
kind of quests/ puzzles would fit?
Also, good to see personalizers put into a GGjr game.

PM
c4ever08
Years of Service
User Offline

@Wolf- Thank you yes I will change the shader for those I noticed the door has that effect too

@BOTR- Thank you its was some hard work but its paying off

@GubbyBlips- Thank you yes the story is great I think so far I do have plans to do missions i dont wanna spoil it to much but the one mission is saving a hostage that was captured, or destroying an antenna to cut communication but not all levels will be like this some you will have to fight off enemies to cross areas to get to the next level. So at first this project was gonna be straight up shooter but then i got thinking about quests which are the missions and you will receive items on the way or after. I would say puzzles are a good idea I do have passwords for locked doors were you need to find the passwords in order to open them i may change that to interact better like a puzzle not sure yet. If you have any suggestions about what you would like to see in this game them message on here or dm me on Discord I d be happy to add whatever you can think of.

I 'd like to thank you guys for the support I appreciate it. Any who I have another update this week I just finished off my new huds for this project I'm still a little iffy on them myself but I'll show them off to see what you think. And also I can show you my underground car tunnel level I just finished

PM
Medmatheus
Reviewed GameGuru on Steam
Years of Service
User Offline
Amazing screenshots
cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Cogwheel Chronicles
Posted: 8th Apr 2021 15:01
Keeps getting better and better!

How is performance holding up?

GPU: GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER PassMark: 18125
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2021 21:26 Edited at: 8th Apr 2021 21:26
Thats all looking pretty amazing.
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
c4ever08
Years of Service
User Offline
@cybernescence - Thank you, Yea the performance is pretty good I still need to optimize the levels but they never drop below 40 fps and a lot of these maps are small except the City level. Also a lot of the vegetation is background visual so no physics applied so I'm happy so far with that.

@synchromesh - Thank you man

Speaking of performance I'm uploading my dam level gameplay video as you can judge for yourself I think it runs great theirs about 20 enemy A.I on this map plus 8 custom scripts. I've also decided to change up the lighting in a few of my levels as they seemed washed out so here are the comparison pics as well.

here is the pics just give me a heads upon which you like better

original pic

redone pic

I do apologize if the video is to dark my hud seems to make it a little darker
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2021-04-15 05:19:40
Your offset time is: 2021-04-15 05:19:40