Product Chat / [SOLVED] GameGuruMax.exe has stopped working

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2021 16:17 Edited at: 27th Apr 2022 01:41
Hello Everyone, Just downloaded the new beta version hoping I could test it out but unfortunately I got this error (GameGuruMax.exe has stopped working). It pops up within seconds of clicking the launch button. I had issues the last build too and was never able to figure it out thought maybe this time it would different. I believe I've done everything suggested from last time but still no luck. What info can I share to help figure out my issue? Thank you

Today 2/8/21 when I tried to load MAX all I get is a quick white screen flash then nothing. I tried running it as administrator and normal same results for both. Still looking for help if anyone has any suggestions? Thank you

Hello All, I gave up a little over a year ago and figured I would give it another shot with this new early access version. I deleted everything old and re downloaded it all but in the end I still have the same issue. Game Guru crashes within the first few seconds. Message is "GameGuruMAX.exe has stopped working". In the map editor file it looks like it crashes on "Guru Map Editor Loop Starts S:0MB V: (4202,0) " I attached some text files of computer specs and map editor text file. I know my computer set up is older but I still do a lot with it and would think it could at least open GameGuruMax . Once again any help would be much appreciated. Thank you

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

Attachments

Login to view attachments
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2021 17:36 Edited at: 6th Feb 2021 17:38
Quote: " What info can I share to help figure out my issue?"

Just to confirm Max installed via the Tiny Installer with no issue.
It loads up fine but just will not launch.

Also did you fully uninstall your earlier version including manually deleting the old folders left behind.
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
shanenine
Years of Service
User Offline
@ synchromesh Hello, Yes it installed threw the tiny installer. I went threw and found all old files I could and deleted them. Now I get an error "path can not be found path:files" and "runtime error: 8003 ()" I also ran the check files option on installer and it said all files were correct?? Thank you for the help
bluemeenie195
Years of Service
User Offline
I've been getting the same exact error code 8003 on my computer too.

I put Max on two other computers of mine in the D drive with no problems.

I did post the problem to GitHub.
PM
shanenine
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you Bluemeenie, Is there a link for the github I'm not to familiar with it.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Here ya go
https://github.com/TheGameCreators/GameGuruRepo/issues
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
shanenine
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you synchromesh
GraPhiX
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 27th Apr 2022 09:23
@shanenine try going to program files\gamegurumax\max and open the file setup.ini (as admin) look for this line
vrmode=3
change it to
vrmode=0

save the setup.ini and try running MAX again
Welcome to the real world!
Main PC - Windows 10 Pro x64 - Core i7-9700K @4.2GHz - 64GB DDR4 RAM - GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB - 2TB NVe, 1TB NVe, 2TB Hybrid Data Drive
Test PC - Windows 10 Pro x64 - Core i7-7700K @4.2GHz - 32GB DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1060-6G 6GB - 1TB NVe SSD
Laptop - Helios 300 Predator - i7 7700HQ - 32GB - Nvidia GTX1060 6GB - 525GB M2 - 500 SSD - 17.3" IPS LED Panel - Windows 10 Pro x64
Asset Manager
xRange No Nonsense Tools
shanenine
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello GraPhix, I just got home and tried your fix but it still crashed. looking at the new guru map editor file it looks like it got a little further but still crashed at same line phrase "2321 : Guru Map Editor Loop Starts S:0MB V: (4106,0) " Thank you for the help, would you have any other suggestions I might try? i attached the new map editor file below. Thank you

Attachments

Login to view attachments
shanenine
Years of Service
User Offline
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
Well today I figured out my problem by accident and wanted to just post a Thank you to all that tried to help me and explain what made it work just in case another user runs into the same problem. It doesn't make since to me but if I plug headphones and mic set up into front ports on pc, Game Guru Max will load and operate. If I remove the game head set it goes back to not loading??? So headphones have found a new home while I use Game Guru. Thanks again everyone for the help!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 10:23:44
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 10:23:44