Product Chat / Swimming

Author
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2018 16:47 Edited at: 27th Apr 2018 01:20
Hey all, as many of you may know I've been deep in LUA every day always testing things out and creating new features and improving upon the types of games I can make with GG. While I'm quite new to LUA ive been able to fix many of the issues that used to bug me that i never thought id be able to fix myself. I've also been able to take off quite a number of "features" off the list we have.

Right now I've been working on getting rid of the instant death when the player submerges underwater. As I noticed its been a reoccurring complaint with players of Game Guru created games and also from the developers. While there may be already ways to avoid this , I've decided to actually modify the player's global controls, instead of creating an additional script. So it will just work as soon as you start your game.

So for now here is what I have modified:

- No longer instantly die in water
- Can jump into water from great heights and not die from fall damage
- automatically puts weapon away once submerged
- there is a timed delay before you start losing health
- you lose health slowly once you start to run out of air
- works with 3rd person (no swimming animations yet)
- if health regeneration is enabled on the map, you wont recover health till you surface

I'm considering creating new variables. So that if someone nice enough who has some experience in C++ with modifying the UI in GG, could add a section for swimming to the player start marker.

What I'm working on next:

- ability to swim in an upward direction
- remove hurtfall sound when falling in to water (leaving splash sound)
- remove blood spurts on screen when drowing (keep red fog for when dying)
- add possible splash decals
- adding swimming animation to 3rd person player once submerged
- use the existing code for weapon types that could be used underwater

Before i really start hacking away at the global player controls scripts however, I plan to just create something that is working that is basic to prevent the acid or lava feeling that is in currently in GG. So you can enter water and leave without you dying instantly. I'd like to share that once its more refined.
Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3 | TGC Assets - Store Link | Patreon - Teabone3

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GTX 960
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2018 17:06
Nice work so far Teabone Looking good ,I no a lot of people have been asking for this .

Dave
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2018 17:25
well done with this Teabone.
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, C#, VB, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; 12GB.
FPSC to GameGuru Tools: AutoWelder/SegAutoWelder, Entity+Weapon Welder, FPEtoBAT
Lance
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2018 17:46
Hmmm .......
An underwater entrance to a cave or a facility ..
Lance

Joined 22nd Jul 2003

PM
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2018 18:05
now you and corno have really done some great work here.

under water swimming sounds awesome

an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!
Blacknyt46
Years of Service
User Offline
That's Great! This will sure come in handy.
Jim C
GraPhiX
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 17th Mar 2018 18:39
Awesome work Teabone can you do bubbles LOL
Welcome to the real world!
Main PC - Windows 10 Pro x64 - Core i7-7700K @4.2GHz - 32GB DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1060-6G 6GB - 1TB NVe SSD
Test PC - Windows 10 Pro x64 - G4400 @3.3GHz - 16GB DDR3 RAM - GeForce GTX 950 2GB - 500GB SSD
PCS
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 17th Mar 2018 19:14
awesome thank you Teabone.
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G3260 @ 3.30GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.3GHz RAM 4GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 730
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2018 19:30
this adds more game play for instance think of tomb raider, having to find underwater air pockets or drown etc.
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2018 19:21
An interesting thing i noticed is that the water plain shader seems to only really effect the surface of the water. If you go beneath it and look up you will only see the last captured reflection. So if your in a cave and look up you may see the sky and trees. So this would require some modifications to the water shader and possibly the plain itself.

A bit of a test of diving, surface treadding and small cave test:

Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3 | TGC Assets - Store Link | Patreon - Teabone3

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2018 20:10
this is awesome! lee should include this in gameguru
Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2018 04:55
Nice work Teabone. Apart from the reflection issue, this is great.
i5 2500k 3GB GTX1060 8GB RAM Windows 10
Defy
Years of Service
User Offline
Another great series of videos showing your talents. Nice work
Define R4, i5, 16g, R9 290
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2018 05:14 Edited at: 21st Mar 2018 05:20
Thanks all

I've now added a more realistic timed delay before health starts depleting -- without adding any new variables that may cause conflicts (no new variables at all presently). Trying to keep these modifications as light as possible so that we have a foundation to build from that won't complicate things too much. Because its very easy to add new variables and huds and things for airtimers and such but i think as long as I can craft the base of this , it might be a good enough replacer for the instant water death aspect of GG which is seeming to gain a bad reputation. And we can then push it towards the master on github.

The one remaining issue i see here however is the water shader seems to not work the same while looking at it from above. So I may need some assistance around modifying the water shader so that it can work while underwater. Since shader values can be altered via LUA now however, i might be able to figure out a workaround.

Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2018 20:52 Edited at: 22nd Mar 2018 20:53
The swimming modification do come with several modifications to the health system as well. For instance the annoying heartbeat and red screen that seems to occur even if the player is at just 99/100 health... doesn't occur until the player is at about 60% health (starting health divided by 1.5). I have seen Steam and Youtube comments about this being a problem for some people.

Most games if not nearly all, don't give heartbeat and red screen effects/indicators to the player unless the player is in a critical damaged phase this being below 60% and sometimes even as low as 25%. So that is the intent of this modification. Also it helps maintain the underwater visuals without forcing red on to the screen (until only when you are actually close to drowning). Since we already have a damage indicator with the direction damage dial that appears when injured and blood spurts on screen, there is no need to add the extra level of effects when the player is at a reasonable state of health.

the 3rd Update to the Swimming script shows a bit of how the health would now be handled (if this contribution is merged to the master).

Due to these modifications being more than just swimming, I may throw this to the github as more then just a swimming foundation addition but rather a patch to the player controls as a whole that can be continuously improved upon. I've been meaning to also make the player go into swimming animation while in 3rd person and also improve upon the 3rd person controls in general.

What's really cool about being able to go in water in Game Guru now is you could add items in water that the player can collect, or give him/her other ways of entering bases and alike. I will be putting together an example of how these improvements work with the EBE so you can have flooded rooms and etc.

synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2018 21:51 Edited at: 22nd Mar 2018 21:54
Quote: "For instance the annoying heartbeat and red screen that seems to occur even if the player is at just 99/100 health"

cant you implement the " Players_noredscreen.lua " to rectify that ?
If that's daft then ignore me I'm no scripter ..

The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2018 22:53 Edited at: 22nd Mar 2018 23:18
We should not disable it entirely. The users should always have that option themselves (so the code you provided in a separate script would work still for that). We should not integrate that in the global controls directly or else the player won't be able to enable.

What this modifications does is only emit the effects when the player is in critical health (60% or less) rather than if missing a point off health. Its implemented into the global player controls and its working pretty great so far with no conflicts. I'm also open to working with someone in C++ to add more player marker options for customization. Right now its using a hard value of 1.5 value to division of the maximum/starting player health. But this could be changed to use a variable that the editor could read so we could set at what point does the critical health alerts and red fog start.

Flatlander
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2018 23:30
Teabone wrote: "Most games if not nearly all, don't give heartbeat and red screen effects/indicators to the player unless the player is in a critical damaged phase"

Synchromesh wrote: "cant you implement the " Players_noredscreen.lua " to rectify that ?"

I didn't realize there was a command for that. I just commented it out in the "gameplayercontrol" script. Probably all of my games I don't want that. However, T-bone, I like the idea of having options available somewhere including the percentage amount.
When in doubt -- C4 :heh, heh, heh:

-Jamie Hyneman
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2018 23:58
Yep and even if these modifications make it to the master build for Game Guru, the script synchromesh has provided and its command would still work to disable.

Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2018 02:45
Wha are the chances of getting cool fpsc water shaders like Uzi's in GG? :p

Defy
Years of Service
User Offline
@Teabone, Thanks for the fpsc vid link. And grats on the swimming, awesome videos also.
PM
Corno_1
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Wha are the chances of getting cool fpsc water shaders like Uzi's in GG? :p"

I think we need him in GG. All his shaders are looking great, but I dont know why he not come over. I asked him several times now
Ebe Editor Free - Build your own EBE structures with easy and without editing any text files
Thread and Download
PM
Flatlander
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2018 19:26
Is that shader working in Preview version? Apparently it needs to be HLSL level 5.0 or above. That's an error I keep getting with "effect_animate64.fx" I've been trying to get Bolt Actions attention once again. I have not been able to figure out how to start a new ticket for the store and apparently I'm not allowed to post in the store forum because it doesn't ever post. The fx file comes with his weather script and decals.

-Jamie Hyneman

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2018 06:05
@Flatlander - to get rid of the error with effect_animate64 you need to set forceloadtestgameshaders to 1 in the setup.ini file. Once you've run a test game, you can set it back to 0. This worked for me.
i5 2500k 3GB GTX1060 8GB RAM Windows 10
TazMan
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2018 13:13
This is great work, we have needed something like this for some time. Nicely done.
HP Pavilion Laptop - AMD A8-4555M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics - 1.6GHz, 8GB Memory, Windows 10 Home, 64-bit Operating System.

I've got something to say - It's better to burn out than fade away.
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2018 18:31 Edited at: 26th Mar 2018 18:32
Thanks Taz

Before I can submit anything to the github, I think I'll need to progress the 3rd person functionality a bit more. Since the swimming addition effects both FPS and 3rd Person by default. But when the 3rd person player walks into water it appears as him just kind of floating and walking.

Thankfully though we do have the animations for swimming with the main biped we are using with GG.

Its going to take a while to get this working as intended. Will have to scan to make sure the player is at just the right depth before switching from and to swimming animations. We have treading animations and swimming so at the least i have enough to work with.

Attachments

Flatlander
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2018 23:12
I'm really excited about this. Thanks for your work.

-Jamie Hyneman
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2018 08:06 Edited at: 29th Mar 2018 08:22
If one of the Github gurus is around, could you help me out with the questions I have around the recent pull request I've sent to the master?

https://github.com/TheGameCreators/GameGuruRepo/pull/140

I have submitted the improvements from this thread as a pull request though am curious as to why it shows 3 commits. Wondering if it does this just to show my entire history of commits? Or does this mean that each time I send over a pull request it will send over yet again my past commits? I noticed it says only 1 file changed which seems to mean to me i shouldnt have anything to worry about.

Also it shows the entire 1700 lines in the script as conflicting (on github) with the master script; yet in notepad++ it shows only a few lines of changes, rather than marking the entire script in yellow. Am I doing everything correct here?

---

I've rephrased this modification to "improved drowning", as it currently is an improved way of handling when the player enters water and doesnt yet allow for the player to swim completely (cannot research without near by slopes). Its simply the foundations what will allow for swimming at present. If the pull request gets merged to the master - from here we can work on fine tuning it, so we can begin replicating swimming in first person and third person similar to how they function in AAA games.

This modification in its current state is just to fix the acid effect of water in Game Guru.

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2018 10:14
@Teabone : I also noticed that for some reason your LUA script is being determined as completely different from the master one. It could be the text editor you used to load the LUA and then save it out changed some of the line structures (CR/LB/etc). If you use something like WINDIFF, you can go through your LUA changes and try again with a fresh copy of the "gameplayercontrol.lua" from the master repo. I can then see the changes individually, and get the changes tested and eventually part of the master build. Also only make a pull request when you are completely finished with the changes you want to make for that particular task, so we are reviewing and accepting a finished, tested and final version of the code, thanks!

To All, is everyone happy with the "slow-drown" change in functionality as anyone working on a game which depends on instant death when in water would find the new update will break their games functionality and possibly gameplay flow. Also if we keep this feature, I will need to fix the refraction effect when looking through the water surface above the water line.
PC SPECS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-5930K (PASSMARK:13645), NVIDIA Geforce GTX 980 GPU (PASSMARK:9762) , 32GB RAM

Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 3rd Apr 2018 10:29
I'd say put the slow-drown in and add a new script to put into a trigger zone that kills you instantly when you enter it, that way we have both capabilities.

Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.
lordjulian
Years of Service
User Offline
What about first person swimming/drowning? I guess the flailing arms animations will have to be made from scratch...?
Julian - increasingly disillusioned and jaded
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2018 16:18 Edited at: 3rd Apr 2018 20:59
Going to see whats up with the LUA script that shows every line as conflicting. Other comparison software should help indeed. In the following image in the attachment is how it appears in comparison in notepad++. Results.

EDIT: I used WINDIFF's "compare it" software and it yields same results showing only the lines that are different compared to the master and not the entire file. Strange. Results

Since I'm no good at C++ I was hoping someone might be able to help out here with adding in the player start property panels an option for either enabling or disable instant drown (probably best option) I could then add a variable switch we could use for that in the script or a field for the ability to modify the drown timer variable (which already exists in the script).

Quote: "I'd say put the slow-drown in and add a new script to put into a trigger zone that kills you instantly when you enter it, that way we have both capabilities."

This is also another solution too. I could also just throw a script together someone could throw on a barrel in their map that if always active will detect if player is below the water line and instantly kill them as it normally does.

Quote: " Also if we keep this feature, I will need to fix the refraction effect when looking through the water surface above the water line."

Preben said it might be able to take a look at it to see if its an easy fix. When i get the code fixed up i'll send over the globalplayer controls script.

I posted this request to coincide with the script:
https://github.com/TheGameCreators/GameGuruRepo/issues/133

Attachments

Defy
Years of Service
User Offline
@Teabone, Great work, supporters this way on your progress. All the best.
PM
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2018 13:37 Edited at: 9th Apr 2018 13:37
Teabone:

Added some underwater shader stuff , and fixed your reflection issues. I will release this for GameGuru Loader first , as this already work. Then we can start to test your changes in GG, and get some great under water scenes going

Under water FOG now follow your slider settings (not just dark) , But makes the fog a little more dark/intense when your underwater.
Reflection under water has been fixed.
The under water effect also work above water and can be controlled using lua.
SetShaderVariable(1.0, 40.0, 0.0135, 0.17) -- (0=Off 1=On, Speed , Distortion , Scale)
I removed "Head Bobbing" when your under water,makes movement in water better.
Subscribe and checkout great GameGuru/AGK video's here: Videos click here
Latest GameGuru Loader news: News click here
Get GameGuru Loader PBR version here: Steam click here
best regards Preben Eriksen,
Defy
Years of Service
User Offline
All of this is truly amazing.
PM
PCS
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 9th Apr 2018 18:17
Wow
Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G3260 @ 3.30GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.3GHz RAM 4GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 730
PCS
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 9th Apr 2018 19:13 Edited at: 9th Apr 2018 19:17
Mr Teabone Sir. thank you for all your hard work with the swimming its awesome.

I have to ask if it would be possible when you are going to submit your work for the swimming on Github
would it then only be available for dx11 or could it be possible to even be made available for the other users on the older dx9 build , because i think a lot of users will for now stay at the previous build.
it would be awesome if you can arrange so that it would be available for us also somewhere with a update for the dx9 if possible , as i am back on the dx9 build to work on my oil rig.

i know for a fact that my character is going to fall of the oil rig and then i need him to be able to also swim in this dx9 build.

Please found out if we can have an update for the dx9 build also with your amassing work.

Thank you.
Pcs
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2018 20:25
Preben that is incredible!

At the moment I have put off the script a bit as there are some new tweaks coming to the player controls I noticed and I don't wish to complicate things. Also having an issue with the encoding of the LUA script I've been uploading where it doesnt compare properly with the master. If I can figure out that issue, I will for sure upload what I have as its still quite usable even if its not 100% swimming yet.

Quote: "I have to ask if it would be possible when you are going to submit your work for the swimming on Github
would it then only be available for dx11 or could it be possible to even be made available for the other users on the older dx9 build , because i think a lot of users will for now stay at the previous build.
it would be awesome if you can arrange so that it would be available for us also somewhere with a update for the dx9 if possible , as i am back on the dx9 build to work on my oil rig. "

The upload to github will include some of the tweaks from the dx11 releases. I could however make a dx9 compatible version for everyone. I would just need someone to send me over the global player controls LUA script. Then I'll upload the modification here for everyone still using dx9.

synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Fantastic !!
What happened about Corno_1's water sliders ?
Are they to be implemented at all ?
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2018 09:44
now this is the best thread at the moment awesome incredible work guys
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2018 11:25
If there was ever an example of why adding GitHub community collaboration was a good idea, this is probably the best so far I am settling into bug fixing mode over the next two weeks so won't be adding any new features during this time, but of course the branch for this cool feature can still be accessed once available and everyone is absolutely invited to download, compile and check out the improvements ahead of a master merge later in April. I think it's fair to say Teabone and Preben are doing a far better job of underwater swimming than I could, and I'm so grateful and humbled to know our community has so many skilled people in it
PC SPECS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-5930K (PASSMARK:13645), NVIDIA Geforce GTX 980 GPU (PASSMARK:9762) , 32GB RAM

Corno_1
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2018 11:45 Edited at: 10th Apr 2018 11:49
@synchromesh
This feature is ready to deploy, but after Lee will not add any new features for this build, I decided to wait. So I can merge the latest changes in my branch and it is easier for Lee.
But if you feel saver, I can push it in a branch
Ebe Editor Free - Build your own EBE structures with easy and without editing any text files
Thread and Download
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2018 06:12 Edited at: 11th Apr 2018 07:47
While working on this mechanism I have put in a lot of consideration into not deviating from the original design that Lee has created for Game Guru's standard game play style. That is why you do not see an air-meter in this modification.

The style of reference I am using is very similar to Skyrim, in that no graphic jumps on the screen to show you an air-meter that may conflict with the users design choices. I am open to creating a new variable for the airtime in the future so that it can be used for additional user generated scripts for those that wish to create an air-metre of their own in their own design.

Here is an example of the drowning mechanism that exists in Skyrim, which I find to be the perfect reference as it very much aligns with Game Guru's current drowning system setup, that I'm now utilizing the original variables for in my modification:

You'll notice the health regeneration system in Skyrim doesn't start till the player's head is above the water. In Game Guru health regeneration is completely optional depending on the users intended game play style. This modifications Happens to work exactly the same as Skyrim; so i think this game is the perfect reference here for this type of mechanic.

If a Game Guru user decides they want to have health regeneration in their game or not, it will not affect the new drowning effect and the drowning effect will not effect health regeneration. If you have health regeneration on, you will only regain health once your head is above the water. Again, the same as Skyrim. If you have it off, it will not regenerate health automatically. So have no worries there.

You'll also notice the player enables random sounds for walking in shallow waters and a constant underwater loop plays once your head is below the waterline. I am considering playing around with new sound designs for underwater loop and other areas of underwater play; that way you don't hear splashing and breathing when swimming around underwater which is more typically for wading with the head above water. I do do foley sound design for film so this may help here.

Quote: "I think it's fair to say Teabone and Preben are doing a far better job of underwater swimming than I could"

I have my doubts! lol I should add that currently this is more of an improved drowning mechanism first and foremost. A lot of additional work is still needed to get swimming to work perfectly. A lot of of testing required there as some additions might break other functions. So I have not yet added those in yet. The current mod I've not detected any conflicting bugs yet. I think having this mod in its current states its great for those that wish to take advantage of the new ability to enter water and we can build onto it later to get it work and feel more like the AAA games.

This modification should also help support Corno's mod as it will prevent the player from instantly dying during test game when you move the water height slider above the player's head. I'm trying to be as considerate as possible with anything I upload to the github. Also! If for any reason anything i post is rejected, i would not at all be phased by this as I'd gladly use them for my own games I'm working on which is where my primary motivation is coming from.

I really need help from someone experienced with Github. Whenever I upload the gameplayercontrols.lua script mod it shows the entire file as conflicting. Yet in absolutely any and every program I use and can find it does not do this.

Github Pull Request: (includes latest master tweaks to the same script)
https://github.com/TheGameCreators/GameGuruRepo/pull/154/files

Examples in the attachments (not sure why the forums no longer shows thumbnails. The compare issue is a problem i cannot seem to get around and i need assistance.

EDIT: Going to take a bit of a break. The github stuff is giving me a bit of a headache

Attachments

GraPhiX
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 11th Apr 2018 08:01 Edited at: 11th Apr 2018 08:09
Hi Teabone this is brilliant work thank you

your attachments wont show because the forums are running on a unix system so the file extensions need to be lowercase

Welcome to the real world!
Main PC - Windows 10 Pro x64 - Core i7-7700K @4.2GHz - 32GB DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1060-6G 6GB - 1TB NVe SSD
Test PC - Windows 10 Pro x64 - G4400 @3.3GHz - 16GB DDR3 RAM - GeForce GTX 950 2GB - 500GB SSD

Attachments

Corno_1
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
@Teabone
Quote: "I really need help from someone experienced with Github. Whenever I upload the gameplayercontrols.lua script mod it shows the entire file as conflicting. Yet in absolutely any and every program I use and can find it does not do this."

Make a backup somewhere else (i.e. Desktop). Then revert the whole master branch(also push it) and copy the backuped file over it. Then commit and push it again. You should have a clean commit which just shows the changes
Thread and Download
PM
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2018 02:41
what we need is our physics team to adapt and add to the under water scenarios, this means that things float drift and currents and different heights underwater regarding buoyancy. in the end preben teabone corno and say amen and stab could create the most aaa version of swimming underwater visuals this side of the galaxy. in the end i am seeing team work, challenges, dedication and positive brilliance , and good citizens of planet guru creating a symphony of creativity. i tip my hat to you guys
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Teabone: I think your problem is your making your pull from your fork that are way behind in commits, so it cant say if any of the missing commits in your fork would change the files. so try to update your fork first and then try to make the commits/pull from your fork.

Teabone3/GameGuruRepo: "This branch is 6 commits ahead, 100 commits behind TheGameCreators:master."

Your pull: "Teabone3 wants to merge 6 commits into TheGameCreators:master from Teabone3:master"

Or you could create a normal branch on "TheGameCreators/GameGuruRepo" , and commit/pull this way.

Subscribe and checkout great GameGuru/AGK video's here: Videos click here
Latest GameGuru Loader news: News click here
Get GameGuru Loader PBR version here: Steam click here
best regards Preben Eriksen,
Cylo
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Well done, just hoping that this becomes officially part of GG
PM
Earthling45
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2018 02:42
So good to see this, it looks very promising.
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2018 17:42 Edited at: 27th Apr 2018 01:02
Lee if your reading this don't attempt to merge yet (its messy). Going to see if i can get my branch updated first and then attempt to make the update appropriately.

Also if you move sliders while under water, the water will disappear and reappear constantly while you move them, forcing the player to fall. I'm guessing this is due to how the scene is rendered when modifying a slider. This will pose a possible problem with the water height slider.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 06:00:21
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 06:00:21