Free Models and Media / Game Guru reanimation progress

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Greetings, I wan't to be animator and I currently suck at it, so I figured since I don't like very much the out of the box game guru first person animations, I'd give it a go and reanimate them for practice, then release tose new animations here for free. Allthough I since I don't charge anything I don't think that I would have a problem, if there is a mod can speak to me and I will gladly resolve the issue. To those still reading the project will probably take a long time and I'm not 100% sure I will finish it, since I am very busy with university, but I'll do my best, Here is a little tease just to give you a taste on what I'm aiming for. It is just the select, fire and empty reload animation but unfortunately I didn't have the time to do anything else. I look forward to your feedback and what do you think should be changed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWidR4uEWcs&feature=youtu.be
PM
Nailgrind
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2017 14:25
Fantastic work on the colt, love the animations!
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2017 14:31
Looks good ,I like it .

Dave
Windows 10 Pro
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
ladasgr
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks I'll continiue to work on it, I'm aiming at a more realistic feel that's why on the select animation you can see the hand turning the safety off and stuff like that.
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2017 14:46
looks good to me
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, C#, VB, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; 12GB.
FPSC to GameGuru Tools: AutoWelder/SegAutoWelder, Entity+Weapon Welder, FPEtoBAT
UndeadJoe
Reviewed GameGuru on Steam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2017 18:08 Edited at: 5th Sep 2017 18:08
Mods and the creator have said on other things already that editing stock stuff and releasing edited versions for free here is okay. I'm pretty sure that's not a problem.
Nice animation on the gun, btw.
Read a free sample from book one of my zombie apocalypse series
AMD FX8350, 8-CORE @ 4.34ghz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 750 Ti, WINDOWS 10
ladasgr
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the good feedback, and for the information, I'm close to finishing the colt so I think it won't be long before I upload it.
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 5th Sep 2017 20:29
just be aware that not all of the models you have may come under the above, anything that is in any of the DLC's are classed as purchased items and you cannot release edited versions of them. You can create new textures for them, adjust their .FPE's and release those, but you can't release edited versions of the models themselves.

List of DLC's:

Mega Pack 1
Mega Pack 2
Mega Pack 3
Sci-Fi Mission to Mars Pack
Fantasy Pack
Death Valley Combat Pack

Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.
ladasgr
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the info, yet I don't plan messing with any of the dlc. The pistol animations are finished though I don't think that they arte that good, yet as I said it is just practice, maybe I will revisit the colt some day. Now I want to focus to the rest of the weapons and find a way to convert them to a .x file since fragmotion is crashing when I try to load the fbx file. If I don't find a workaound the progress has to be halted till the update comes ehre FBX is finally supported. a video with the rest of the animations will be up as soon as I get the time.And again thanks ebryone for the kind worlds for someone who is doing this only a couple of months, is truly heartwarming to hear good words.
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 6th Sep 2017 06:21
Fragmotions fbx import is pretty much broken, has been for ages, it will only import specific versions of fbx, if you're using Max then there's a .x exporter addon you can get, on my phone at the moment so can't link, its called km or kW exporter or something, if you use blender it has a default .x exporter, it needs to be enabled from option/addons.

Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.
ladasgr
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you very much I will look for it now. Also here is a video for the rest of the animations, for some reason something feels off, I might have to revisit this as soon as I finish with the other weapons.

https://youtu.be/HhYh_Pw8Gv8
PM
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2017 02:46
nice animations bro! I think the pistol's a little stiff sometimes, and think you can fix up how that right hand is angled, but I don't think i could do anything better on those hands. Did you use the FBX imported rig to animate them or reskin them? I'd love it if you'd check out my custom gun anims sometime and give me your opinion!
ladasgr
Years of Service
User Offline
I have checked you out actually and I think your animations are pretty cool, sadly for me I left this project to rot, exams at my uni etc got the better of me Iand I just didn't realy feel motivated to return to this. I used the rig that was allready in the game guru files and it was a bit hard, the rig isn't the greatest, that's the main reason I gave up. Yet I was preoccupied with other animations. For example here is an M1 Garand reload I finished today [href]null[/href]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LdfMHDVHek. I think it's my best work ( though tbh that does not say much). Also really sorry it took me so long to see the comment just as I said, my responsibilities took the better of me.
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-17 00:37:37
Your offset time is: 2024-04-17 00:37:37