Product Chat / Easy Game Maker - Really?

Author
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2017 21:20 Edited at: 24th Aug 2017 21:22
And of course a basic non steam multiplayer client/ server so we can mash out stuff with people we know to test what you said lool
Intel i5 4950 Quad core 3.3ghz AMD FX 6300 x6 cores 3.5ghz(unclocked)
8gb Ram 8gb Ram
AMD Radeon 7570 1gb AMD Radeon HD 6670 2gb
and a well fed mouse on a wheel

I only smile because i have absolutely no idea whats going on
MooKai
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2017 23:28
Agree with Teabone 100%, I think it's possible to produce a nice indie game with GG.

"- AI currently seems to break out of no where"

Yes... I hope that get fixed soon ...
Old school FPS fan, DOOM!!! Why GG not working on my AMIGA 500?
PM
Cylo
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes, let's make it grow up.

I always tought that current slogan (and name) is kinda "childish", and I too am voting for "The fastest way" line.
PM
SaintPhillip
Years of Service
User Offline
Cylo (the poster above me) hit the nail on the head.

I bought this software the other day but ive been looking at it for probably a year and never grabbed it primarily because I thought it was an "easy game maker" lol-

I'm fairly new to game making but ive messed around with RPG Maker and loved it but just couldnt use the graphics (or graphic style) for the game I want to make- And RPG maker was not easy, but was actually quite complex and allowed you do quite a bit with it .

The reason I never grabbed this up before is because I was thinking that by marketing it as "easy game maker" it meant "very limited options" and was just a glorified FPS level designer. I'm not interested in FPS level designers and I want to try and make highly original things and I thought (wrongly) that this would not work.

Seeing it on sale I decided to do some further research and saw Moshrooms scripts along with a plethora of videos which showcased what could conceivably be done with this software. So I bought I it...And its not "easy game maker" (thank god lol) but something I can really sink my teeth into and with a bit of creativity should be able to do much of what I envision once I get past the learning curve. Ive spent a couple days now on tutorials and testing things as I learn them and Im not even close to making any kind of game but still trying to learn the software...And thats a good thing.

Thing is, I would have bought this a long time ago, not on sale and almost didnt but it anyhow- Which would have been a shame. Because I know enough to realize that game making is not easy and if there really is software that makes it 'easy' it means very little control for the creator.

Thats my opinion for whatever its worth.

PM
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I think its actually possible."

Lol. Apart from the long list of things you think you need ;p

I'd personally say there are just too many small issues to release anything as yet. Not so much the ability to make a game, more it's reliability, compatibility between machines, performance and (at the moment) loading times.

Quote: "ive been looking at it for probably a year and never grabbed it primarily because I thought it was an "easy game maker" lol"

Vindication for us who never really agreed with the "Easy Game Maker" tag in the first place. I'll bet TGC never expected to put people off by saying it is easy to use.
SPECS: Ryzen 1700 CPU. Nvidia 970GTX. 16 Gig Memory. Win 10.
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 6th Sep 2017 13:28 Edited at: 6th Sep 2017 13:29
It should be changed to "The Not-So-Complex Game Maker"

Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 13:56:56
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 13:56:56