Third Party Tools / Free Weapon Welder

Author
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2017 08:32 Edited at: 11th May 2018 05:09
Hi,

Weapon Welder is now free (see link below) for anyone who would like to try it out. It only imports FPSC weapons.
This version is 1.6.3 and I am always looking into ways of improving. I would like to add at some stage the ability to make or import customised weapons not just FPSC ones.

Hope you enjoy the program.
Any comments, negative and positive welcome.

***new link added 11May2018***:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1v0XkLbZWo0bHxedrJmOyRHKetbydysJv

password is "youshallnotpass" without the double quotes and in lower case.

The file has been virus checked.

All you have to do is unzip to any folder of your choice. Run as Administrator, select any gunspec.txt file in FPSC and it will do the rest for you. Most FPSC guns work fine, with the exception of grenades, or any projectile firing weapons. This is a little trickier in GameGuru untill we get full control of projectiles, but you can get around it using existing GameGuru projectiles. You can also edit the gunspec prior to leaving the app e.g. adjusting the FORWARD = parameter for Errant AI's weapons which are awesome.

After successful configuration of install paths, the program generates a weapon_welder.ini file in your root hard drive folder e.g. C:\weapon_welder.ini
This can be edited should you change your FPSC/GG install paths or if you want to start the configuration process off again you can delete the file and rerun the program and you can then choose the FPSC/GG paths again.

Here are a number of video links I made during the development of WW:
The first initial stage which you only have to do once is point the program to your FPSC/GameGuru "Files" directory.

WeaponWelder 1.3 getting started and how to use
https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/215094?page=1#msg2545996

Weapon Welder 1.0 Parts I & II
https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/215094?page=3#msg2550495

WeaponWelder HUD select parts I & II
https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/215094?page=2#msg2546482

Weapon Welder 1.6 Video Tutorial for weapon and ammo pickups
https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/215094?page=3#msg2550303

Weapon Welder 1.6 Hands texture issue solution
https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/215094?page=3#msg2550365

Importing WW2 MAS36
https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/215094?page=4#msg2551490

Weapon Welder 1.6.2 updates and fixes (1)
https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/215094?page=4#msg2559267

Weapon Welder 1.6.2 updates and fixes (2)
https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/215094?page=4#msg2559344

Weapon Welder 1.6.3 GUI
https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/215094?page=4#msg2559918

Have a good day

Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, C#, VB, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; 12GB.
FPSC to GameGuru Tools: SegAutoWelder, Entity+Weapon Welder, FPEtoBAT, DBO2X
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2017 03:29
Thank you.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2017 06:18 Edited at: 2nd Jun 2017 06:20
No problem at all

Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, C#, VB, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
FPSC to GameGuru Tools: AutoWelder/SegAutoWelder, Entity+Weapon Welder, FPEtoBAT
Zero_HP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2017 06:24
Sorry for the potentially silly question, but am I right in thinking this programme is for converting FPSC weapons into GG?
I'm not a box of avocados, Logan
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2017 06:38
@zero_HP-Yes you are correct. It also allows you to include weapon/ammo as pickups if they exist and customise the gunspec.txt to alter any parameters better suited for GameGuru.
FPSC to GameGuru Tools: AutoWelder/SegAutoWelder, Entity+Weapon Welder, FPEtoBAT
Zero_HP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2017 08:54
Awesome, that could prove amazingly valuable.
Another potentially dumb question, but do I need a copy of FPSC installed? I watched the first tutorial video, and it said to link the programme to FPSC as well as GG. Will it work with just the files i want converting?
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 2nd Jun 2017 08:57
I think (but i may be wrong) you need to have FPSC installed, as far as i know it looks for the files in the FPSC folder structure. FPSC is free though, you can get it from gamegurufiles.co.uk

Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.
Zero_HP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2017 09:00
Cheers Belidos, I'll check that out. I was hoping maybe I'd be able to just create a folder path with the right names and have the final folder where my assets are, but thinking about it the programme will likely need FPSC and GG to be doing the work.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2017 09:33 Edited at: 2nd Jun 2017 09:35
@zero_hp: potentially you could mimick the FPSC folders/files, but it's probably best to install FPSC.

Future release will hopefully be a lot more flexible in the fact you will be able to import not just FPSC weapons but your own customised ones. The GUI will be totally overhauled also, I usually leave the bells and whistles at till later date so my tools usually look a bit bland to start with as I like to get the main engine working first and worry about all the glamour later.

Zero_HP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2017 09:48
Just got it all sorted and working smoothly. Super easy to use and effective, those are the only bells and whistles I need
Many thanks dude, this will be amazingly useful to a lot of people I imagine (myself definitely included)
Zero_HP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2017 09:54
Might I make a small suggestion for any future tweaks you make?
What would be really handy is if you could set what folder the converted entity files end up in. Took me a minute of looking for them to realise it had created some new folders (depending where they originally were in FPSC). Would just be very handy for them all to end up in the same place without any moving them around after conversion.
Otherwise it's a great
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2017 10:45
@Zero_HP: Glad it works for you really well. I have made a note of your suggestion (thanks for that) and will implement this shortly as it should be quick to implement.
Zero_HP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2017 02:56
Hi Bored, just got a quick question about the prog:
A few of the weapons I've tried to convert haven't worked properly. I notice though that there are 3 pickup files for the guns that fail to convert properly, 1 for the gun and 2 for ammo. When I convert them the animation screen shows them in grey, and then in GG they just show up as a white ball.
Any ideas on a workaround/fix?

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Zero_HP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2017 02:57 Edited at: 3rd Jun 2017 04:30
I've made sure the texture paths in the FPE are going to the right files, but I'm not really experienced enough to know what else it could be,lol

Also is there any way to make iron sights work? it doesn't seem to work on pretty much all of the guns I've converted

Also also, there doesn't seem to be any hands on the models, is this something that is explained with a fix in your video linked above? I had a quick watch of the first few mins and it seemed to be about re-texturing hands rather than missing ones. Is it the same issue do you think?
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2017 07:35 Edited at: 3rd Jun 2017 07:50
@Zero_HP: I just imported the Bren at my end and all fine. For the Pickups, you cannot multi select files. The first prompt is for the weapon pickup FPE only e.g. Bren.FPE. Next prompt after selecting the weapon is for the ammo e.g. Bren_ammo.FPE. Again, at the moment you can only select one file. Also, make sure you have the FPE's in the correct folders. For your pickups, you have them all under entitybank. On mine it's entitybank/ww2 weapons pack. Make sure the main gamecore folders are set up correctly. For the "ww2 weapons pack", you need a folder in FPSC as follows->gamecore\guns\ww2wp. This will be mirrored in GameGuru. If you have made your own folders, that's great, but just make sure they correct and in the correct subfolders etc. But it might be better to install FPSC and models packs using the original file paths as the program is not flexible for customised paths (at least not yet).

Iron sights should work ok in GameGuru, you won't see them in the app screen, that is just for show. Do you see them in GameGuru? The program (if I recall as it's been ages since working on it last) should use a GameGuru default one but you can experiment with the FPSC ones. For the Bren and generally all the ww2wp guns, there are 2 folders under gamecore\guns\ww2wp\bren named "dynamic crosshair" and "static crosshair". you may find most of the old FPSC texture files are not compatible though or need a paint program to modify.

For the hands not coming out, my video "Weapon Welder 1.6 Hands texture issue solution" explains what to do. This gist is that you load the HUD.X file (backup first) into a model program such as Fragmotion and re-export out but "uncheck" the "export groups" box or something similar. The textures should then come out correctly. Remove any old HUD.DBO files first before opening GameGuru though.

Most of the guns have been tested so they should come out correctly in GG. You may need to make some personal preference modifications. But if there are any odd fixes that need to be applied to the program, I will look into it. The program tries to correct any path issues with textures, but there is always a scenario not covered at some point but generally most have been addressed.

Another tip, FPSC textures come out quite bright, I recommend using a paint program to tone them down and save back out. Should be on a video above

Maybe the next release will include multi file selection and better GUI.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

Zero_HP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2017 20:37
Okay I've sorted the greying/not showing up in GG issue. For some reason it wasn't placing a .x file for the gun in the folder it converted to, so i had to copy over the original .x for the gun from FPSC into the gun folder in GG and that seemed to sort it out, although now the muzzleflash on the Bren is just a white square. Gonna try swapping out the flash at some point when I get another 5 mins.

On the subject of Iron sights with the crosshair files, what do I need to convert them into?
Zero_HP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2017 03:29
So I've sorted it for the most part. Stuff converts fine now, I think it was a mistake on my part and just not thinking properly. The only issues I'm having now are missing hands on some weapons, like the Mp40, and especially the Sci-Fi weapons (Autoslug, blaster etc). I tried to follow your guide to sort them out, but when opening them in Fragmotion they only have 1 texture file to adjust, which is the Gun file. Most of the other weapons I was able to update the textures fine, but a handful are the same issue with no hands file in fragmotion/in the folder.

And any help on sorting Iron sights out would be greatly appreciated. It works on the WW2 stuff mostly, but stuff like the ATM9mm, Ingram and a few others just don't do anything when right clicking for sights
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2017 07:08
@Zero_HP:
Quote: "For the hands not coming out, my video "Weapon Welder 1.6 Hands texture issue solution" explains what to do. This gist is that you load the HUD.X file (backup first) into a model program such as Fragmotion and re-export out but "uncheck" the "export groups" box or something similar. The textures should then come out correctly. Remove any old HUD.DBO files first before opening GameGuru though."

Did you try the above in Fragmotion?
Zero_HP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2017 07:43
I did yeah, but like I said in Fragmotion there is no hands file on some guns like there are on others. Doing the above sorted the guns that had wonky hand textures, but not the ones that had no hands at all
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2017 08:26 Edited at: 4th Jun 2017 08:39
@Zero_HP: In fragmotion when you open up the HUD.X and then go to "textures"->open texture do you see the following in the file dialog as shown in the pic attached? This is for the AT9MM_suppressed weapon.

If you have the .DDS textures present, you can then remove any old .tga texture references (if they exist) and re-open all the corresponding textures gun_d2, hands_d2 etc. Then create a material for each one by right clicking on the texture and selecting "create material using texture". Then select each group under "model" tab and manually reassign the groups to the correct texture. It's a pain but it works.

If you follow the video it will work as long as you have all the textures and remember to untick the "export groups" tickbox upon exporting.

I've done this process hundreds of times and works. Follow the video and you can't go wrong.

Attachments

Zero_HP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2017 19:26 Edited at: 4th Jun 2017 19:27
I'm confused now, is the process in the video to fix iron sights as well? I'd already sorted the textures on the 9mm's, but it's the iron sights that I'm having an issue with on that gun. As well as a few of the others. Right clicking just doesn't do anything.
I followed the vid and sorted the textures on the hands that were not textured properly though and that worked fine for the ones that needed textures updating, just not adding the missing hands to the ones that were/are not showing up.
It's the Mas and the scifi weapons (autoslug, blaster, glaive, tavor) that I'm having the no hands issue with, and in Fragmotion they just come out like this when opening the HUD file. Just the weapon, no hands textures or anything like that to adjust. There are also no hand files in the folders. I've attached pics so you can see.

Sorry if I'm being a pain in the arse

Attachments

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2017 06:52 Edited at: 5th Jun 2017 07:08
@Zero_HP: First off, you're not a pain in the **** If I can help it's not problem.
No the video was not for the iron sights (I'm assuming you mean where you click right mouse button and you get the iron sight zooming in). The video fixes the hands texturing coming out incorrectly. I may see if I can fix this programatically, will see.
The iron sights issue may be to do with the gunspec (if you mean nothing happens when you click the right mouse button), that is unless you mean the texture is coming out wrong that's a different issue). For the Mas36 iron sight texture to come out correctly, the tool creates a scope1.dds texture that's large enough to cover the screen when you click on the right mouse button. You also need to remove the commented out line in the gunspec.txt file i.e. ;zoomscope = scope1.tga -> zoomscope = scope1.dds. The should now work in GG.
Some of the old FPSC weapons contain textures that include both hands and the gun.
Also, in general the videos above were made quite some time ago so some things may have automatically been fixed such as the scope1.dds issue.

Attachments

Zero_HP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2017 07:03
The issue with the Mas isn't the scope or textures, as I'd followed the guides to fix them which worked, it's that when I am in game there are no hands holding/reloading the gun that is the problem.
The iron sights are a problem with different guns. Some work, some don't (yeah i mean the right click of the mouse and it zooms in a little). The textures are pretty much sorted, just missing hands on some guns and the not being able to right click to zoom
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2017 07:13
@Zero_HP: It might be the hands are there (although some HUD.x files don't contain hands). If they are in the HUD.X file then you need to correct the FORWARD= parameter in the spec e.g. for Errant-AI weapons you might want to change FORWARD=2 to FORWARD=6. Feel free to experiment with the gunspec. A copy of the original FPSC file is in the GG gamecore folder e.g. gamecore\guns\EAI\HBAR and the backup file is BACKUP_gunspec.txt.

Flatlander
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2017 14:12 Edited at: 5th Jun 2017 14:28
When I indicate 'yes' to edit the fpe file, I get an error message (see attached picture - capture2).

It's even worse than that. When I finish get a positive msg that it was transferred there are no files in the folder. Not only that a new folder is created within the gg gamecore/guns folder (see attached picture - capture3).
When in doubt -- C4 :heh, heh, heh:

-Jamie Hyneman

Attachments

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2017 14:27 Edited at: 5th Jun 2017 14:30
@Flatlander: I'll take a look, thanks for reporting. As I don't use the launcher program ,do you you still get the same error if you don't use the launcher program?

[update-I think this is the launcher program as there is no reference to a file for that line that the error reports on. Try without the launcher and see if it still occurs. If it's the launcher program, please contact Synchromesh as he wrote the launcher app]
Flatlander
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2017 14:31 Edited at: 5th Jun 2017 15:09
I'll try it without going through the launcher and let you know right away.

Edit:

I re-downloaded the zip file and placed them in their own folder (WeaponWeld) under drive c:/. I ran the program and used EAI's snub44 again. It found the hud and displayed under customized in which I selected. I bypassed the pickups and edit. See the 5 attached images that shows the progress and end result.

Edit: see my next post below.

-Jamie Hyneman

Attachments

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2017 14:32
cheers
Flatlander
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2017 15:07
Uh, cheers; but not so cheerful. I see that Win7 screen capture does not produce a jpg that will actually be shown in the forum. I have to convert them. So here are the 5 images once again. They show that there is NO positive end results and you will see where they are transferred. If the snub44 folder had any files in it it is a simple thing to move it to a different place. Anyway I'm not getting any joy from this so far.

I will now see if I get any file not found msg. However, for the moment that is a moot point.

-Jamie Hyneman

Attachments

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2017 15:14 Edited at: 5th Jun 2017 15:51
Weird, I just literally converted the 44SNUB and all ok here (see pics). Usual question, did you run as admin?

Attachments

Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 5th Jun 2017 15:27
Quote: "did you run as admin?"

It does sound like a windows permission issue to me, not copying files over to the new folder.

Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2017 15:36
this is correct , if the apps are not run as administrator , it won't copy or write files unless game guru was installed to another directory other that "program files".
Flatlander
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2017 15:38 Edited at: 5th Jun 2017 15:45
Yea, I went DOH! when that was suggested. However, that wasn't the case. Because things were really looking weird I decided, "OK, time to reboot." So, I rebooted and upon running the app, it asked me to point to the source and then destination file folders; which I did. I am now getting plenty of joy. At least the files are being ported over their respectful folders and the files actually being intact. I haven't tried the pickups and edit yet but I am quite hopeful.

Addendum: Yup, everything is working with 'WeaponWeld". Now I need to get the other two working. It's been a while since I used them. I think I will not use the launcher for the moment.

-Jamie Hyneman
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2017 15:39 Edited at: 5th Jun 2017 15:40
oh how odd, blooming windows what a pain. glad it ok now, but let me know of any issues, the whole program is getting an overhaul starting tonight.
Remember for Errant AI weapons to adjust the FOWARD= parameter to something higher, trial and error here unfortunately.
Flatlander
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2017 15:47
Looking forward to version 2.0.

-Jamie Hyneman
TechCo
User Banned
Posted: 26th Jun 2017 11:14
Truly bored you are awesome you have just lessened my works and saved my times....

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 07:25:06
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 07:25:06