Third Party Tools / Weapon Welder 1.0

Author
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2016 10:24
btw... ( Icons .png Files ) resize to 196 long x 44 high pixels, transparent (alpha channel ) of course, for newbies info.
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2016 12:43
playing around with the ww2 MAS36 weapon during lunch break and copied over the scope1.dds from modern\SniperM700 folder in GameGuru. this resolves the odd looking scope texture being displayed as before, but to the expense of no HUD in bottom left corner
At the moment, I have no idea why.
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; LG TFT monitor (widescreen). Wanting a new PC at some point.
Interests: Drumming, Saxophone, Art, Theatre, Music.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
good try..
n my testing I noticed that relaod is broken for mas36 but works correcly for tavor... any hint??
PC Specs:

Q9550@3,8GHZ - 8GB RAM - SVGA R9 280 3GB GDDR5 - HDD WD 1500TB
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2016 13:01
for the following params, put spaces in between the keywords:

start reload = 79,91
reload loop = 92,103
end reload = 105,125

updated for 1.4.

The tool compresses the gunspec keywords and then inserts spaces where needed, but I haven't covered every possibility yet. Will get there

Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; LG TFT monitor (widescreen). Wanting a new PC at some point.
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
copy....thanks mike
PC Specs:

PM
Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2016 19:52 Edited at: 5th Apr 2016 19:56

Video here > [video=youtube]https://youtu.be/xgeqAei4TrQ[/video]

Ok took me most of the day to figure out what was up with the scope & textures issue showing on screen but its done.
I have attached files for the fix, Hud.X had to be added for fix but not the .X files for the weapon
( Buy The Weapon Welder Tool) sorry just right thing to do.

Video shows the weapons ICONS & Zoom Scope , ReloadGun Ammo Pick-Up Functions working

I have put the FPE & Icon with Gamecore required files. Back up all the Mas_36 files first ( just good sence) before you
replace with the files I have added to this post.

they include >

Ammo (Img) bmp
AMMO.png
ammo_AO.dds
ammo_D.dds
ammo_D2.dds
ammo_G.dds
ammo_H.dds
ammo_N.dds
ammo_S.dds

gunspec.txt
HUD.X

ICON (Img) .bmp
ICON.png
scope.dds
scope.tga
scope1_AO.dds
scope1_D.dds
scope1_D2.dds
scope1_G.dds
scope1_H.dds
scope1_I.dds
scope1_N.dds
scope1_S.dds

Attachments

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2016 20:02
Impressive! - thanks very much for your help and support Super Clark. I'll try this later.
Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2016 20:05
You are quite welcome mate, If anyone wants the gun textures I have modded I will give them to Bored of the Rings so he can include
in next weapon welder update.
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
First time this has worked for me ...... Most Impressive !!
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2016 03:06
V1.3 works flawless BOTR's.
Thank you Super Clark. These files help a lot in understanding how to setup everything.
best
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2016 06:42
@ncmako-glad it's working for you-still lots of improvements to do, I'll be adding the parameters on screen so you can modify them prior to export to GameGuru + Weapon type selection. I think the basics are almost there.

@Super Clark-I noticed there were .BMP files for the Ammo and Icon pngs, is this something you created first then saved out to .png format?
Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2016 09:45
yep I make all my own images in .BMP the convert to them into .png for better quality compression.
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2016 10:48
just a small pic showing weapon HUD selector. Did this quickly, but would like to find a bit more time making it more modern like e.g. game console 3D character selection etc. Need to make a .PNG file to create the CUSTOM weapon sprite, this feature will change quite a bit, but wanted to get it functional first and worry about bells and whistles later.
Will write some code today to get the ammo/weapon pickups in place.

Attachments

granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2016 11:14
Things seem to be progressing well your end ,this will be another great addition to GG.

Dave
PM
JPH-GAMES
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2016 18:32
great works of your person.
thank you
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2016 21:30 Edited at: 10th Apr 2016 21:47
A small video showing HUD selector in action:

Part I

Part II
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2016 00:30
Beautiful BOTR's. Looks awesome
Seems like a lot going on in the last couple days.
Having trouble keeping up with everything...lol
But the HUD selector will be a nice addition.
best
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2016 05:21
As i have started a new contract and have other personal commitments, I will not have much time for updating this tool in the near future.
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2016 11:04 Edited at: 13th Apr 2016 13:38
noo...good luck with your business mike..

p.s can you release your last test version with pickupable items.

p.p.s. can someone with right skills continue your work??
PC Specs:

PM
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2016 02:21
This quit working, just started the app like i've done 100's of times and now wont work. yes running as admin. pc specs in my sig.
AMD Phenom x4 9850 2.58 Ghz , 6 gb ram, 2GB EVGA Geforce GTX 750, Win 10 x64

PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2016 16:43 Edited at: 14th Apr 2016 16:45
Quote: "This quit working, just started the app like i've done 100's of times and now wont work. yes running as admin. pc specs in my sig."

As it seems both tools have stopped working for you rings alarm bells that its a windows issue ...
something you installed maybe conflicting ?
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2016 16:53
I got it fixed by re booting 3 times. This all happened after my pc updated windows.

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2016 17:54
Will release 1.4 shortly, which sees the addition of the Weapon HUD selector, no fixes or other updates are included at the moment.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2016 18:22
Email sent to all purchasers of welder tool.
Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2016 23:28
Thanks mate got it just busy at the moment so will try in a day or so.
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2016 09:55 Edited at: 16th Apr 2016 09:57
May find some time today to make some additions to the weapon app, mainly the ammo/weapon entity pickup functionality and then at some point time allowing will add all the parameters so you can modify them manually
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2016 10:08 Edited at: 16th Apr 2016 10:13
you guys probably already know but you can also configure the app to use FPSCX10 weapons (see pic below shows the X10 modernday commando gun with Rolfy's brilliant Wraith character). If your not sure though, just update the config file located on the root of your main drive to the path of X10.... ending with \Files.

Attachments

ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2016 02:45
BOTR's Version 1.4 is working great! I've been importing a lot of my old Classic weapons.
No problems whatsoever
If you can add the ammo/weapon entity pickup functionality that would be great.
Take your time, I know your busy with new work and all...
best
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2016 07:00
@ncmako-thanks for your comments-working on the pickups side at the moment. You may find some issues with some weapon scopes, where the scope texture isn't mapped correctly, so will need some modification. Otherwise most of the classic weapons seems to work fine. Early days yet, but I will improve on the features time permitting, very busy time for me at the moment.

granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2016 22:37
Quote: " very busy time for me at the moment.
"

I no the feeling,all work no play.thanks for finding the time for this.

Dave
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2016 08:28
been a while since I posted here, got carried away with character import stuff but was fun. Although I'm going to start making a game (at long last), I will be adding to the weapon welder such as parameter modification ability, multiple weapon conversion (drag n drop) plus other stuff like pickups. Unfortunately all takes time and effort.
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2016 20:38
good deal.

PM
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2016 16:52
BOTR, Im getting an error code on every gun I try to make now. See attached. It was working about a week ago, so it must be something I did. IDK.

Attachments

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2016 17:35
@MK83: thanks for reporting I'll have a look at that line of code when I get home
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2016 19:18
Quote: "@MK83: thanks for reporting I'll have a look at that line of code when I get home"

Okay, that's cool. When I said I used the program a week ago, I may have mis spoken. I am now using version 1.4
I think before I was using 1.3. So this must have been the first try for 1.4. Well, anyway let me know if I can help you some how.
Cheers.

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2016 19:39
@MK83- no worries, I've just made a couple of minor updates, so will release 1.5 shortly and send out to emails. I do want to make some further updates to this at some point but not sure when.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2016 20:04
email sent to all Welder purchasers, a couple of minor fixes, hopefully the image issue is fixed, but let me know if it's still doing anything weird.
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2016 20:18
New error in version 1.5

Attachments

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2016 20:38
ummmm, I'm not getting these image errors, is anyone else getting same?
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2016 20:46 Edited at: 21st May 2016 20:49
Im using windows 10 x64, running as admin. .EXE on the desktop. I get the error no matter what weapon I choose.

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2016 22:04
email sent again to all for 1.5 (fix of a fix), hope that resolves the issue, but no guarantees as I can't reproduce it.
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2016 22:14
same error as before.

Attachments

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2016 22:20
no idea I'm afraid
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2016 22:23
is there anyway you can send me version 1.3 as I deleted it.
williams_1610@hotmail.com

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2016 06:39
@MK83-I can send you 1.3 version. I had a thought, do you leave GameGuru open while running the tool, sometimes that conflicts with images. Just a thought.
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2016 14:28
Quote: "do you leave GameGuru open while running the tool"
No, downloaded and ran 1.3, works perfectly. May be windows 10 issue.

PM
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2016 17:13
video of errors.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4c0y65_weapon-welder-1-4_tech

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4c0yyn
maybe this is some help.

PM
LanceBurger
Years of Service
User Offline

Late to the party :

I haven't really tried Weapon Welder , been very busy making money . I finally tried it out today (V1.5) and with a couple of small tweaks IT WORKS .
Thanks BOTR for another useful tool .
Am also using latest Seg/Level Welder . Works for me except I never get a .bmp picture when Level building ..

Windows 7 64bit ....
PM
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2016 05:05
Got it, finally. I'am running it in compatibility mode win 7, Run as admin, and it works. Took all weekend to figure this one out. So it must be a windows 10 problem. Got the idea for compatibility mode win 7 from LanceBurger, ie: Windows 7 64bit .... I thought wow, I wonder if it would work, and it does.

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2016 07:13
thanks Guys for your comments, yes windows 10 is a pain in the backside. I'll be re-installing my Windows 10 64bit this morning alongside windows 7 64 bit. For both tools, I'll be developing within Windows 10 and do all testing in win10 and win7. thanks for the reports, the level BMP image always shows for me and I run win7 64 bit, so I'm stumped at why it's not displayed for some users. It might be the image assignments, will be fixing all this in the next versions (hopefully).

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 00:28:51
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 00:28:51