Showcase / Kshatriya: Wetwork

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2016 19:10
you gotta go to the helipad on the roof of his building so you have another chance to shoot him going up.
Hire Me! I model, animate, cook, clean, and texture!
Corno_1
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Bugsy, I came here, because wolf advertise your game game so much. How much you pay him?

Deads:2

First I like games like counter strike or Siege so your game is perfect for me.
And I am impressed. The best vertical movement I ever saw in GG(sadly GG is not the best engine for that, jump and in the air press the direction key is not really 2016 )

I played it seven times in a row and try to improve myself. Some would say I try to speedrun it
I would go so far and say it is one of the best games I played in this year.
IT IS MY TYPE OF GAME!!!! Love it

My only critic is the crosshair of the mp5n. It is too big.
My dream is to develope games, which makes fun when I create it and fun when other people play it.
PM
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2016 21:11
there is no mp5 in this game.......

although im really glad you liked it! I pay Wolf fifty grand a year plus full dental, medical, a company car, and 2 weeks paid vacation a year.
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2016 05:23
Don't forget all the drugs, hookers and the helicopter!

-Wolf

Ertlov
GameGuru BOTB Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2016 09:54
Quote: "With so many different opinions being thrown around I can't wait to see how the difficulty in my game will be perceived tomorrow "

This will be kinda X-mas present for me

Quote: "I did as Bugsy said and found my way to the entrance on the roof and gone down the stairs."

Actually, from that point (roof entrance) on, it was pretty well guided for me.
AMD FX 8Core @ 4GHZ - 16 GB DDR4 - 2xRadeon7950 - Windows 7 Ultimate
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2016 16:12
Quote: "Actually, from that point (roof entrance) on, it was pretty well guided for me."

you could have also gotten the key/rifle from the backyard and gone through the gate in the front yard. you'll encounter about 6 more guys on the way to the fire escape up to the targets room.

when I get back from my little christmas vacation, I will post a video of some of the cooler routes through level 1. I really hope to see somebody speedrun this game. It would make my christmas

speaking of Christmas: Wolf has told me EAI has given his permission to release a little thingamabob I made. Expect it soon in the community advent calendar.
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2016 17:49
Quote: "speaking of Christmas: Wolf has told me EAI has given his permission to release a little thingamabob I made. Expect it soon in the community advent calendar."

Sounds interesting,people have put up some nice things there.

Dave
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2016 19:13
Here is a hint: Its belgian.
Anubis
Years of Service
User Offline
Location: 010011100110010101110100011010000110010101110010011011000110
Posted: 29th Dec 2016 09:59 Edited at: 29th Dec 2016 10:04
Quote: "Explain a little better how I can change enemy accuracy in the editor, please?"

I think it's not the accuracy, rather the Rate of Fire.

In Editor - Open properties of character and change the number behind: Rate of Fire.

When this number is too low.. enemies will spray a wall of bullets towards you.
No escape
Plus.. when this number is too low.. you don't stand a change with 2 or more characters attacking at once..
Somehow (in my case) you can't get a shot fired (before getting killed) when several AI scripts are close by and running wild.. that is.. firing about a "1000 bullets at once".. (i.e. Rate of Fire = 50).. leaving no room for the engine to take note of you clicking LMB.
Which will be compensated (more time for the engine) when you set the Rate of Fire to a higher number.

Hope this works for you.
Btw.. i did not test your game, which does look very promising.
This is just a general observation from my own game.

PS.. I think you want accuracy to stay the same.. 2 bullets and you're dead (for example).. yet.. the time between bullet 1 and bullet 2 should be more apart (time wise), which you will when you change Rate of Fire to a higher number.
-+- There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't -+-
-+-------------------[Chipset:X58 CPU:i7.950.64 GPU:R9 Fury RAM:12GB DDR3 WIN:7.x64 PRO]--------------------+-
PM
nomis3D
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Ibanez Iceman :)
Posted: 29th Dec 2016 12:13
Hi Bugsy,

I really like this game! I my opinion it is not to hard. But i think it i a good idea to use 5 lives.
Because of the very long loading times. Sadly i get stuck two times... and loading again
And i could find a way out of the level in both levels. (i like to walk and jump around everywhere )
Else i think i agreed with Wolf's review.

And i like to see more of this!
Any ideas or wishes for models? Ideas are always welcome! Send me a PM.
Need help with Blender? Send me a PM.
available for freelance work
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 29th Dec 2016 12:37 Edited at: 29th Dec 2016 12:39
Oops posted in the wrong thread lol

i5, NV960 2GB, 16GB memory, 2x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.
i3 , Intel integrated graphics, 6GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAIII Win8.1.
Intel Celeron (duel Core), Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 180gB Generic SATAII, WinVista.
Q6600, Intel integrated graphics, 8GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAII, Win7.
SpaceWurm
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 3rd Jan 2017 12:05 Edited at: 27th Jul 2019 14:45
Finished the demo. I really enjoyed jumping above roof tops parts, it's a unique type of gameplay that you don't really encounter in games.

Some notes:
1. Certain scenes seem to be HIGHLY contrasted or over saturated. But I suspect this is caused by GG's rendering abilities.
2. Throughout the game I died twice as a result from AI spraying a million rounds a second.
3. Add some background music, it gets rather quiet when roaming the city streets and roof tops.

Great work Bugsy. This is one of the better games I've played created in GG.
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2017 21:49
Quote: "3. Add some background music, it gets rather quiet when roaming the city streets and roof tops."

there was background music, made by wolf. Gameguru's Music system is the most ass-backwards annoying B.S. I've ever seen, so I tried doing it via simply using sound zones. pause the game and the music will stop :/

Quote: "2. Throughout the game I died twice as a result from AI spraying a million rounds a second."

2? that's it? I'd say almost every time I die that's why

Play a few times and you'll find that this game can be run through without so much as taking a single bullet

In my next game, the enemy fire rates will be slower and the gameplay will be easier

HOWEVER for this games difficulty purposes I basically just ran through about a dozen 1V10 games of counterstrike source vs. easy bots (who can only use pistols, shotguns and SMGs) and find that to be a fairly adequate comparison.

if you're not at least pretty quick on the draw, and ESPECIALLY if you expose yourself to multiple shooters at once, my AI will full automatic gun you down with accuracy that to me feels more reminiscent of an actual armed assailant than a video game AI R.N.G., and I was pretty happy with that. I'll keep experimenting and once I get a shooter game where nobody says anything about difficulty i'll keep it right there.

as for the contrastiness, which scenes didnt you like?

PLAY KSHATRIYA WETWORK
PLAY RUNNING AROUND
SpaceWurm
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 3rd Jan 2017 22:42
Quote: "2? that's it? I'd say almost every time I die that's why"

I'm an old school CS 1.6 player. Take cover and make head shots all the way. I found the pace quite pleasant, the game keeps you on your toes because the AI may be sneaking around the next corner. Also, I attempted to stay off the ground as much as possible so that could contribute to the lack of deaths.

Quote: " as for the contrastiness, which scenes didnt you like?"

It's not that I didn't like specific scenes, it's just that some assets aren't evenly lit with the rest of the environment. As I mentioned it may be good old GG rendering things in a funky manner E.g. The fire escapes seem almost black.
Youtube.com/c/Landmanhd1080p - LandmanHD Youtube Gaming Channel | chrislandman.mypixelbox.net - My Design Portfolio | Artrift.com - Digital Art Community
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2017 00:23 Edited at: 4th Jan 2017 00:26
ah, yes I believe the fire escapes are almost black. they're not my models, but made by bod. I chose to keep them as i felt like the sharp black stuff was a nice foreground contrast to the city when you were on it, but perhaps i couldve gone a bit more specular with it to make it read better as metal. I never really tried it another colour, i guess i might retexture it now that you've said that though. I kinda liked it originally.

as for your C.S. 1.6 ability: looks like you were the EXACT demographic i was aiming for if you beat the game first time with 2 deaths
PLAY KSHATRIYA WETWORK
PLAY RUNNING AROUND
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2017 06:36 Edited at: 28th Jan 2017 06:37
For anyone who was unable to play this or just wants to maybe experience it again without the agonizing load times GG has, here's 2 lets-plays. one by me, one by "the gameplay man"

The Gameplay Man takes a much more laisses fare "smell the flowers" approach, whereas mine is an all out speedrun where I beat the whole game in 2:45 using, admittedly, a pretty slow route. (i promise it can be done sub 2:00~ I designed it this way)

The Gameplay Man (slow methodical, enjoy the scenery)

BUGSY DEV Speedrun (GAS GAS GAS)

I'd love to see someone beat my time.
Mouaa
User Banned
Posted: 30th Jan 2017 17:14
I could not find where to go, where to jump, even the first roof needs you to jump on some trashcan is difficult to find what to do without any indications.
You really need to guide the player with some special decal color showing the path like it is done on many games or with some signalisation or something showing the way to go.
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2017 17:51 Edited at: 30th Jan 2017 17:53
mouaa wrote: "I could not find where to go, where to jump, even the first roof needs you to jump on some trashcan is difficult to find what to do without any indications."

I think you were probably one of the only ones. why not watch one of these walkthroughs to get past where you're stuck?

I really dont want to lead the player by hand too much to make them feel like a 13 year old playing mirror's edge on easy mode
Mouaa
User Banned
Posted: 30th Jan 2017 20:06 Edited at: 30th Jan 2017 20:08
Quote: "I really dont want to lead the player by hand too much to make them feel like a 13 year old playing mirror's edge on easy mode"

It's how it is made in AAA games, but perhaps your game is some sort of puzzle instead of linear action.

This issue with your game is jumping on the trash the player was gliding backwards like it was impossible, i had to try many times before finding we could jump up to the first roof. It is physics problems ? some boxes to easy climb the first roof would have helped.
Also i could jump on one part of your level and get stuck in a closed area where the player should have not been able to reach normaly.

Well i don't like it, and this one was lot better in many ways

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2017 22:46
mouaa wrote: "It's how it is made in AAA games, but perhaps your game is some sort of puzzle instead of linear action."

I aim for some of both but completely neither. My games are and likely will never be AAA

mouaa wrote: "This issue with your game is jumping on the trash the player was gliding backwards like it was impossible, i had to try many times before finding we could jump up to the first roof. It is physics problems ?"

nope. You need to sprint while jumping to get double the air height/time. use shift to sprint. one of the most important features of my game lol

mouaa wrote: "Well i don't like it, and this one was lot better in many ways"

glad you saw that, glad you like it. HERE is the playthrough of the whole game. That turned into Kshatriya Challenges File 001, and is not canon in the Kshatriya universe (or will not be involved in the story). You can download/play it here.

I hate to tell you, but once you download it you'll find out that it WASN'T better in many ways, but rather WORSE. Because it was a more lofty game for FPSC than this was for GG, you probably wont be able to get it to load all 3 levels without a SERIOUS level of finesse and some lucky quicksaves. FPSC was not as powerful an engine, and I was using a beta-version of a modification, so It ended up being just a little too much for the engine to handle on most computers, and will usually crash out while loading by level 3. Dont let that discourage you, I've gotten it to work all the way through before by loading my save at the end of level 2.

mouaa wrote: "Also i could jump on one part of your level and get stuck in a closed area where the player should have not been able to reach normaly. "

Dang. I usually try to get rid of as many Out of Bounds escape routes as possible. You didn't take a screenshot did you?
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2017 16:48
I fondly remember us making the skybox displayed in file 001.

Looking forward to "Origins"!

-Wolf
Mouaa
User Banned
Posted: 6th Feb 2017 19:07
@Bugsy
Quote: "glad you saw that, glad you like it. HERE is the playthrough of the whole game. That turned into Kshatriya Challenges File 001, and is not canon in the Kshatriya universe (or will not be involved in the story). You can download/play it here."

I like it more than your actual game lol
I find the lightening is lot more consistent and less disco everywhere, the lightmapping looks good. The only downside would be the skybox that looks too near and too apparent, putting some low res buidlings to increase feeling of distant surroudings would have worked better.

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2017 18:21
mouaa wrote: "I like it more than your actual game lol"

that is my actual game. all kshatriya games are mine, made by me. play it!

mouaa wrote: "I find the lightening is lot more consistent and less disco everywhere, the lightmapping looks good. The only downside would be the skybox that looks too near and too apparent, putting some low res buidlings to increase feeling of distant surroudings would have worked better."

that's FPSC for ya. I think the main issue I'm having is the fact that white does not cause ANY ILLUMINATION AT ALL in illumination maps unless theres a light next to the object in GG. in FPSC, my buildings were lit up like night buildings , because white was illuminated on the _I maps. I want lee to fix this for GG.
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 14th Feb 2017 19:10 Edited at: 14th Feb 2017 19:11
I've never had any issues with illumination maps, I've only ever used pure white for glow and black for anything else. Are your entities set to high? I Maps only work on entities set to high, also I think its bloom that controls how bright it is.

i5, NV960 2GB, 16GB memory, 2x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2017 23:15
yes it is, however all GG shaders are off in Kshatriya Origins, as that increases framerate quite a bit. I am using reshade effects only. in wetwork, bloom is very low: maybe 5 I think.

I do not think illumination map brightness should be controlled with bloom. this should be a separate slider.
Blacknyt46
Years of Service
User Offline
Here's a quick review. Awesome game! The cop in the blue needs to go though. He looks like a tree branch with a police uniform. Your game is more modern looking. Then you run into this guy. He's no comparison to the other characters. I don't like the way the ai looks straight a head when they know your there taking cover. Then turn and fire at you. They look to robotic. Look at your 1st video when your coming out from that over pass(I think?). They should be walking side ways with there eye's focused on the player. That's not your fault. Hopefully that will get fixed. The Uzi's need to be slowed down a little. As far as lighting and shadows go. They look good enough for me. Oh and my Son who also enjoyed your game. We play a lot of 1st Person Shooters. You did the best you can for what your working with. And every thing is Amazing ! That is all! The Best Game Guru game I have played so far. 10/10 Because we had FUN!
Jim C
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2017 01:02
thanks for the review!!! I am so glad you had so much fun!! the gun was not an uzi, it was a Heckler and Koch M4, and I thought I nailed the fire rate pretty well (this is a magpul m4 but all i can find video of)

Blacknyt46 wrote: " The cop in the blue needs to go though. He looks like a tree branch with a police uniform. Your game is more modern looking. Then you run into this guy. He's no comparison to the other characters. I don't like the way the ai looks straight a head when they know your there taking cover. Then turn and fire at you. They look to robotic. Look at your 1st video when your coming out from that over pass(I think?). They should be walking side ways with there eye's focused on the player."

Play my older FPSC title, Kshatriya Prologue. The enemies strafe more, (and you might not notice but they've been reanimated from the default FPSC anims) there are a lot more, better, cooler custom animated characters, since I was much more competent with FPSC than I currently am with GG (it was also much easier in a lot of ways lol). I venture to say it's only a little more fun than this though, and it's much less counter strike and more mirror's edge and halflife 2.

Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2017 22:56
Quote: " I venture to say it's only a little more fun than this though, and it's much less counter strike and more mirror's edge and halflife 2."

This notion! I like it! That should happen more often.
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2017 01:44
TBH I did that because it's the funnest I could make FPSC. I hope for kshatriya in the future to be more guns and shooty with more enemies and explosions. I hope to add more custom animated stuff though
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2017 01:12
I'm in the wake of developing a lot of stuff like this for GG. Different explosion decals, breakable stuff, guns using all modern features and so forth.
A general...err..."uncalled for advice" for you would be to polish the weapons a lot more. Sights,sounds,shaders and handling should all be polished.
I know I haven't released anything noteworthy in that aspect either...at least not lately...but GG has so many gunspec features it would be a shame to let them go to waste.

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2017 03:44
short of adding ironsights, which is absolutely not happening, since I want to free up right click for potential secondary fire modes or other stuff, how would you specifically like to see the guns change? I really like the way I have them set damage/recoil/accuracy wise
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2017 01:58
Secondary fire modes? Thats something I haven't in memory since Unreal Tournament. Am on board with that. A little zoom function would be neat to...maybe map it to the alt or the ctrl button. IDK. Or leave it out, that part is fine with me.

What I mean is general sound design and getting rid of shader artifacts...

You know, on second thought maybe you are not doing anything wrong and I'm just being jaded/obsessive compulsive about things.
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2017 01:52
if you can think of stuff to complain about, it's stuff that you might as well post here! I don't take every criticism into complete account and correct for what everyone says, because at the end of the day, I make games for me, and my audience will be people who like the specific experience I do.

I do however often make changes based on suggestions and criticisms that really, yknow, get to me, man.

I'm sure the sound design will get better if I can get a person on it. I would do it myself if I had guns to record. I also either need a musician, or need to figure out how to do my own music. I had some thing called Magix music maker 8 a few zillion years ago, but it was kinda limited in its synths capabilities, and I would honestly rather have a talented musician on it who I could just show them gameplay of a level and they'd whip up a couple good songs for it. Problem is that cost's money, so I may have to just get good at music production. the stuff you made for wetwork was on point!!!
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2017 02:37 Edited at: 26th Feb 2017 02:38

my speedruns ASS WAS KICKEDDDDDD
1:32. props to this guy

I wanna see someone do it sub 2 minutes without going out of bounds on level 2. another hint: he could've done level 1 even quicker
Peri
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2017 22:29 Edited at: 19th Mar 2017 22:33
Great game Bugsy I like this style of dark games, the city and the level desging looks great and the colors are awesome I will happy to see part 2
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2017 03:05
glad you liked it! you can monitor the next episode's progress here

by the way, THIS is part 2 technically (not counting challenges, which failed to play on most machines)

If you havent, I really suggest you give part 1, or the "prologue" a try
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2017 22:12 Edited at: 21st Apr 2017 22:01
Hey Bugsy been taking a little break from making and trying some of you other guys games, just tried Wolf's and really enjoyed it got yours on download now m8 will give it a bash and a review

Ok m8 quick starter : love the intro graphics very cool, first level graphics again extremely well done, downside for me so far with that is the crippling fps thing (so hard getting that bit right i struggle with that with intensive graphics)
On the first level im getting 7 low - 15 max :/ I've managed to get through the gate but im finding it hard to point and shoot at that FPS which is a shame as the level looks really cool, I dropped down to medium but with no real fps improvement. needs some kind of optimization to bring the fps up m8.
I will continue through it but its going to be hard i think to complete the levels. might be worth a rebuild with the new preview m8 i got increased FPS on mine
Intel i5 4950 Quad core 3.3ghz AMD FX 6300 x6 cores 3.5ghz(unclocked)
8gb Ram 8gb Ram
AMD Radeon 7570 1gb AMD Radeon HD 6670 2gb
and a well fed mouse on a wheel

I only smile because i have absolutely no idea whats going on
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2017 20:18
Honkeyboy: remember that there are ways around shooting anyone, which might help with such low FPS rates. I don't really know why you'd have such low frames but it's probably your video card; I have the same CPU and clock rate (fx6300), double the RAM at half the clock rate (probably) (16gb ddr3 800mhz) and an R9 290x 4gb. I never dip below 50 fps in level 1.

I need to get a couple extra computers so I can see what should be the minimum requirements for my game. optimization is always objective #1 for me. Sorry for the terrible frame rate though.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 14:06:31
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 14:06:31