Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Showcase / [X9] Kshatriya Challenges: File 001

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2016 04:31
Developer: Bugsy

Storyline: A few months ago, one of your handler's lieutenants was robbed of several ounces of MDMA, a drug that is nigh impossible to find in the 22nd century (and because of this, very profitable to those with a supply). The culprit was discovered to be Trenton Grey when he contacted Nnijah Stone, one of the few people possessing a doctorate level knowledge in organic chemistry that wasn't currently employed by the government. Her last employer was your handler, Isaac Preston. The Job- Synthesizing the very batch that was stolen. Nnijah took the job but defected when your Isaac offered her a higher bid to cook his product. The situation is perfect, the police have busted the lab, and the target will likely try to escape to the roof for helicopter extraction. Your job is simple: Kill Trenton Grey, and escape.

Description: Unlike the last episode Prologue, which was a much different game favoring spectacle and showcasing my level designs, this episode favors a more "gameplay centric" approach. The levels will be challenging to even expert FPSC forum lurkers as enemies keep coming and you aren't the toughest kid on the block. there are some doors with keys in unforgiving locations, box stacking puzzles that are downright rudimentary, and extremely difficult and technical parkouring and climbing required. along the way you will be rewarded with what I like to think are nice looking maps and cool little animations. I want the game to be an overall challenging experience.

I had to use the pre-alpha version of level 2, but this game can now be played completely through (with some commitment)! The new level 2 is 1/3 the length, 1/2 the size, 1/4 as open ended, almost as difficult, and 75% as fun as the original.

A WARNING:
this game puts the "punk" in cyberpunk to an annoying extent. you must save often, and if a level fails to load, which it often will, reload your last save and not having to have loaded the previous level will probably counteract the problem. you can also further divide texture size. make sure to save before entering the vents in the garage on level 2, as level 3 typically fails to load the most and it's annoying to have to start all over. if you start the game in level 2 then go to level 3, it works. also, the game usually crashes when you win like another one of my games (ops assassination) did. once you get to the part where you gotta jump into the water on level 3.5, you win if you land in the water. the "win error" is because you are usually falling too fast for the water to stop you and go outside the map.

I have no idea the minimum or recommended system specs to play this game. I made it on a 6 core 3.5 ghz fx6300, 8gb memory, and a Radeon R9 270X. if you play it on too much less idk if you'll be able to load level 3 but it's only been tested on one computer. I dont really think this is BOTB material like i wanted it to be but I am glad I was at least able to release it.

Screenshots:

Hire Me! I model, animate, cook, clean, and texture!
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2016 11:14
I just watched the video you made of this. I just have to try it
Looks incredible. Thank you.
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2016 11:44 Edited at: 9th Jan 2016 11:44
The second level in the video is different in this game, but either way please let me know how it goes!
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2016 16:29
Yeah! I just initialized the download, got me an error from the technomancers over at google drive. Told me to download it later, might even take a fistful of parsecs to do so. Had some issues with the VRWeb earlier aswell... might wanna have a doc look at my cyberbrain. Alright, my cyberpunk lingo isn't pretty good I try to download it again later but you know that I know the video and you also know what I think of the game! Glad to see that there is a release after all.

-Wolf
\"If the mods didn’t see it, I didn’t do it!\" - Rick Bamber
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2016 11:45
Bugsy
This is terrific, love the game play & dark atmosphere
It's running about 25-30fps on my system. So you know,
I have a Phenom Quad 3Ghz, 4gig's ram and a lowly GeForce-210.
and it's still playable just fine.
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
gomiamiheay6t
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2016 16:34 Edited at: 10th Jan 2016 16:35
ill try it out, just so you know the file is to large for google drive to scan the file for viruses which will probably scare a lot of people away. idk if there is some sort of forum rule against it but mediafire would easily compensate and i believe they dont even require you to check ur email for activation after registering before upload. ill letcha know what i think!
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2016 07:12 Edited at: 12th Jan 2016 07:13
In case for any unfortunate reason you are unable to download or play this game, here is the second video playthrough of this shortened release version. the original video play through of the alpha version is out in the WIP thread
ORIGINAL

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 18:26:08
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 18:26:08