Work In Progress / Kshatriya Challenges: File 002

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2016 09:00
I already found it and I do believe I have all I need (it was quite agonizing to view them all frame by frame)
Hire Me! I model, animate, cook, clean, and texture!
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 4th Nov 2016 11:51
Glad you got it sorted.

Just for some extra info, this thread is one i started some time ago, it has quite a bit of useful info about what animations do what and what is or isn't needed.

https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/214467

i5, NV960 2GB, 16GB memory, 2x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.
i3 , Intel integrated graphics, 6GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAIII Win8.1.
Intel Celeron (duel Core), Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 180gB Generic SATAII, WinVista.
Q6600, Intel integrated graphics, 8GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAII, Win7.
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2016 05:07
Good use of polies in your map screens!

-Wolf
Ertlov
GameGuru BOTB Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2016 08:30
That is what I would call "heavily optimizied".

How long is the playtime for that level?
AMD FX 8Core @ 4GHZ - 16 GB DDR4 - 2xRadeon7950 - Windows 7 Ultimate
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2016 22:21
I'm glad you asked. I can myself beat level 1 in as little as 2 minutes, level 2 in the same, and level 3 I am assuming will be around the same amount of time, however that is because I made the levels, and It is a little more challenging (apparently) to my testers.

1.4 k/d/r sniper rifle quickscope legend Jake ("BORKS") Gagel managed to get through level 2 (which is very shooty and linear) in about 3 minutes on his third playthrough. the first time he died twice and it took him something closer to 6. he was having fun the whole time.

0.7 k/d/r submachinegun amateur Brennan ("OGBEE") Shindler managed to eek out an astounding 16 minutes on level 1 after dying at least 5 times and struggling to find out where to go.

he managed to find a LOT of ways out of that map that need to be fixed, unfortunately gameguru seems ENTIRELY INCAPABLE OF STATIC INVISIBLE WALLS which is a crying shame. level 3 is not complete so it cannot be playtested yet. ask wolf how he liked level 2, he apparently made a thread out of the first playable part of it i sent him
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2016 23:51

here's some updated pics of level 3 with wolf's police cars and taxis thrown in! thanks wolf!!!
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2016 00:13

and here's the updated level 2 pictures with the police cars. Right now the word "police" is backwards, but I'm going to replace it with a random curse word typed in fake chinese characters like the rest of the signs in the game so it'll be stylistically similar to the other text everywhere
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2016 10:06
What do you mean its incapable if static invisible walls? There's a default entity and script that does exactly that, I think its in the scenery folder.

Intel Celeron (duel Core), Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 180gB Generic SATAII, WinVista.
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2016 00:31

not the way I use em???
pretty sure we have the same gameguru
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2016 05:51
Yes that's the entity I'm talking about, you just drop it in and create your wall and that's it. In the editor they're black, but in the actual game they're invisible. If it's not working you might want to check the scripts right in its properties, there was an issue a while back where it had the wring location for the script by default.

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2016 05:54 Edited at: 7th Nov 2016 07:14

here's the last screenie dump of level 3 (including an update of an earlier scenic area)
I'm going to try and get my old pal wolf to handle the music and loadingscreens in this, but once that's done, and I've made the boat for level 2, I can call this a finished game!

EDIT: belidios thats what I did, but the wall is black
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2016 04:48

oops heres one more picture of level 2, it's the boat you go to for rescue. got my first character into gameguru and I'm happy with how easy it was, just a simple export to fbx, then to .x
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2016 06:01
Dropping a hot sticky load full of creamy synth sounds on ya! About 6 soundtrack tracks and some extras from the vault.

This is developing to be truely good! Am happy that you are releasing this year. At least then we have another good game to show for.

-Wolf
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2016 04:47
thanks wolf! here's another gun that will probably not make it into this game but I animated anyways:

the SS55 a Seburo rifle chambered in 5mm ammunition (do not try to google that) downloaded from tf3dm.
nuncio
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2016 23:59
the screenshots are great!
http://www.nuncio-rap.de
intel core i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz; 8GB RAM // NVIDIA GeForce GTX560Ti
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2016 00:15
not sure if this should go in bug reports, or if this is a fault on my part but

2 soundzones, one with musicplaytrack2.lua which is a nice low bass noise, and the next one with musicinzone.lua and another synth noise.

in this scene it works fine, layering the synth over the low bass noise

2 soundzones, same setup (circled in red)

in this scene, it does not work. the first song fades out as i approach the trigger zone before the next sound zone, and the next soundzone creates no noise. can anyone explain this?

ALSO:
Dynamic objects cast an ugly shadow on the ground whether or not they have castshadow=1 in their fpe when dynamic. is there any way to disable this??
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2016 07:58
decided to just turn all music into simple soundzones and hope for the best

added some invisible walls and a few details to level 1. I have something I'd consider to be build ready at this point but I'm trying to make sure I do several idiot checks before i build and notice some glaring flaw I forgot to correct.

main issues right now are the fact that the killcount winzone script doesn't work, so there's nothing holding the player to killing the target in level 1, or the civilians in level 3. IDK how to fix this but some help would really be appreciated.

heres a few more pics of level 1 since i'm proud of it and it's open endedness

as seen here: you can take the streets to the target building, or navigate the roofs to a vantage point across the street. there is not much direction so it will be up to you to figure out how to get the job done, but i have played the level a dozen different ways and it's a fun time every time. there arent really any wrong ways to go I like to think.

a shot of the vantage point from a building adjascent to the target building. if you look on the streets, you can see the building is accessable by the streets, and if you look on the left, you see you can go from vantage point to target building without touching the streets.

I added some more junk to this room.
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2016 09:12
well I've been working on getting this built and it is a process that is almost as terrible as FPS creator was
ALMOST... I guess what i'm trying to say is good job TGC?

It DID surprisingly, on the first try, manage to produce a complete, whole experience with no game-breaking crashes.

HOWEVER none of my custom winzone scripts work, so at this point my lofty goal of 1 primary gun per level is a delusion.
It also decided that several important prop objects simply didn't need textures, and didn't load them (They're in the build entity files and work fine in test game though)
and that the entire last half of level 3 it could basically half ass with missing IMPORTANT entities (floors/ceilings), missing lighting, and oddly lagging frame rates only where gameguru had decided it was randomly going to betray me

so i'll just have to rebuild the lighting on all the levels and see if that does anything to fix my problems. I guess I'll also be replacing these seemingly random objects that load black. hopefully smallG gets back to me on the scripts, one thing I've noticed is that gameguru scripts dont seem to even work as well as FPSC ones did. GameGuru's build process excites me in some ways, and disappoints me in others (since FPSC's felt a LOT MORE fleshed out)

here's to hoping build-game issues dont get the better of this game like they seem to be to most other games around here
and here's a few screenshots of the damages:

Sulman
Reviewed GameGuru on Steam
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: OUT DOOR GAMES
Posted: 29th Nov 2016 18:57
Wow that was awesome... Good wishes and make tutorials for new commers
How is it Mario can smash through bricks... But he dies when he touches a turtle?
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2016 00:51
what would yall like a tutorial on?
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2016 00:59
Here are some random thoughts...err...I mean troubleshoot ideas from me as a support member:

Are they also black on highest settings?
Do all the entities reference the "entity_basic" shader?
...If so, do they have the _N, _S and _D maps? (you can have low res blank norm and spec maps to do things fast)
Is occlusion active?
Is this also happening whenever you use real time shading?

-Wolf
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2016 01:49 Edited at: 30th Nov 2016 07:36
yeah it happens on all settings, and all the entites have working shaders/maps for them. I'm just gonna replace them with ones I know work probably.
have a good birthday tomorrow, then get ready to test this badboy for me

looks like level 3 was just in need of a lighting rebuild
level 2 has no problems at all
level 1 will need a lot of entities replaced

at this point, you'll just keep guns from previous levels, and the objective scripts simply do not work so there's nothing holding you to the objectives, but pehaps more light will be shed on that as i go forward here.
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2016 07:40 Edited at: 30th Nov 2016 07:50
corrected all graphical issues, and have a build i'm about 50% happy with. at this rate, i'm not nearly confident enough with what I was able to produce for a steam release, as unfortunately I have been unable to change out the menus with the default ones, on top of that, i cant get the weapons to go away when you beat the level, and I can't get the winzones to require objectives either, as scripts made by even the most competent of scripters seem to just... not work for me?

either way, I can circulate the beta to close friends and testers: you know who you are, but it may be another little while at this rate before this is ready for public release.

anyways heres a few more pictures since i wanna keep yall interested even though there aint much else to show till this is done

changed out those black solar panels for a big ole sattelite dish in the build

you wont probably see this since its in the room with the final winzone but its a table with a scale for bagging out dope and a few bottles of what I guess is future-lean

slightly changed the lighting in the lab in level 2
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2016 14:01 Edited at: 30th Nov 2016 14:01
Lookin' spiffing old chap!
However inferior to what you did back in FPSC's golden age.

Eager to play this thing and enjoy them smooth framerates you always got goin'!

-Wolf
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2016 22:22
I feel like a lot of that is due to gameguru barely even "illuminating" things with illuminationmaps, which gave my FPSC cities a lot more city lights. level design wise, I'm confident if you run through it you will find it to be more visually appealing than anything I made in FPSC from a geometry standpoint (and especially a gameplay standpoint if you like shooting)
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2016 06:01
Illumination maps can get pretty bright if you have your settings right. The problem is they're tied to high detail entities and bloom, and because bloom also controls other effects you don't want to have it too high or other aspects of entities will look odd, what we really need is for Lee to add more shaders and controls so we can seperate them and have more options.

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2016 09:27
agreed.
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2016 23:20 Edited at: 3rd Dec 2016 23:34
I am considering removing level 3 from this game as one of my testers seems to be unable to get framerates higher than 15 in one of the most difficult sections. on top of this, the HUD never loads in that level

2 of my testers were able to complete it without problem on their machines, but wolf's got 12 gb of ram, an i5, and an R7 240. i'm waiting to see if i hear back from disturbing13, i sent it to him too, and what he says will influence my decision.

I was hoping to list the minimum specs as a core 2 quad, 4gb of ram, and a GTX 460m or something but IDK if that isn't a pipedream too at this point.
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2016 01:48
Managed to get the menu working, as well as the loading screen for level 1 (on my resolution only, will need to make different size versions)

special thanks to WOLF for making the title and loading and win and lose screens for me! We all saw the lacklustre samey menu "art" that Kshatriya Challenges File 001 got, so I'm more excited to have wolf back on that job since he did such a good job with Kshatriya Prologue: Prologue's menus

ALSO special thanks to SMALLG for fixing the remove weapons winzone script. Now that works, and I'm practically ready to release.

I have removed level 3. If it lags for wolf, who's one of the best developers around here, it'll probably lag for most people, despite his extremely modest computer. optimization has always been goal #1 for me.

All I have left to do is figure out how to get a different loading screen for level 2, and figure out how to stop the runtime error from coming up whenever I click "about" and I can finally release this badboy.

ALSO: given the MP comp, I decided to try my hand at making a multiplayer level. I have gotten to the point of having 2 gameguru users concurrently in the game for about 5 seconds before it crashed, however it is a work shop item and does seem to download??

THE BAD NEWS is gameguru multiplayer seems to totally not work at this point, and the version of the map that my friend downloaded had 0 lighting. I'm also not sure if my friend was able to pick up or use my custom guns. The jury is still out as to whether this will be an MP game or will be rained back into the next episode of Kshatriya single player, but check it out for some cool screenshots anyways.

cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Cogwheel Chronicles
Posted: 13th Dec 2016 20:05
The levels you and Wolf create make be alternate between depression and inspiration about my efforts.

Currently in inspired mode though thank you .

Cheers.
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2016 02:03
thanks, it's all because of a lot of cool 3d models, and a few well placed lights. The scripts you create help me make my game... like... work?

if ever you wanna trade out 3d models, animations, or texturing for LUA scripts, you should skype me.
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2016 09:13
this game is released!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 04:48:44
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 04:48:44