Multiplayer Work In Progress / [LOCKED] Kshatriya Deathmatch - COMP WIP

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2016 09:13 Edited at: 7th Dec 2016 09:18
Kshatriya Deathmatch

This map began as a test of how good my FPS could be with a small (but fully realized) scene using reshade. It stayed above 100 constantly, so I took out the dynamics and decided to call it a multiplayer map because of the competition. it will likely need some edits for rebalance due to the fact that it was designed as a single player map, but of all of my single player maps, I think this was the best to become an MP map. It is a very vertical map involving one team spawning in the apartment on the top floor and the other directly underneath them in a shooting range.

There is only one "lane" and it is an extremely vertical choke point. I'll probably add some parkour opportunities for the defending team (the one in the apartment) to jump to some outcroppings on the blue window-y building on the right in the rooftop shot. however that would also mean i'd have to probably add more cover for the rushing side.

My idea (and thread in the main MP board) is relating to this. I want the bottom team to have a win zone that the top team has to prevent them from reaching (and they themselves cannot access) I also want the top team respawns to be slower than the bottom team since the bottom team have the harder time going uphill on a fire escape. (think shanghai from Soldier Front, where red team has to get to the sub and blue team defends) If this is not possible, I may scrap the map or make some other major edits to it unless it turns out super fun without these features

Without further adieu, screenshots of TDM_VERTICALITY which i hope can soon become RUSH_VERTICALITY

Hire Me! I model, animate, cook, clean, and texture!
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2016 10:26

not long into the process and i'm at my first error!

anyone know what this means? I seem to be unable to connect to a friend and play for longer than about 10 seconds maximum. often it simply crashes without error
Mipastu
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2016 21:17
awesome level design. holy cow
Intel Core i5 6600K @ 3.50GHz ¨ 16,0Gt dual channel RAM @ 1334MHz ¨¨ 2048MtNVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB ¨¨ 465GB Samsung SSD 750 EVO 500GB (SSD) ¨¨ Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2016 02:23
thanks! unfortunately with these errors, I'm not sure if multiplayer is even possible in GG right now. it's a shame, there would be such a community for that, and it's such a selling point, being able to make MP and co-op games to share with other gameguru users. If only it worked better

if i cant fix it, expect to see these same screenshots in a single player WIP thread
gd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2016 23:58
Hi Bugsy, it's looking good. I can't wait to see more soon.

I hope these fixes can be added and more issues don't arise.
Dark Base 900 Pro OJ: Rampage V Ed.10, i7 6950x non-OC, DDR4-3333 64 GB RAM, Win 10/64, Asus Strix GeForce 1080 x 2 MDA mode, Water cooled with an old Victorian cast iron radiator and a industrial leather belt driven fan - That's what you call Steampunked.

Laptop - M17xR3

A new competition running for GG
PM
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2016 02:25

yeah i honestly dont know about this here. I knocked this level out in like 2 nights really gung-ho but didnt realize how absolutely completely broken gameguru's multiplayer system is
Bolt Action Gaming
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2016 17:36
I'd save it as a separate file, remove the multiplayer elements, compile as single player - see if you get the same err.
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2016 20:15
I don't. GG seems pretty stable for built single player games.

Could a mod please lock/delete this thread? I have decided to turn this into a single player game, can't be assed with "no lighting" and the numerous other bugs gameguru's multiplayer has for me
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2016 20:56
LoOoOocked upon authors request!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 02:54:11
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 02:54:11