Product Chat / Fast Paced GG Shooter game

Author
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2016 14:47 Edited at: 2nd Oct 2016 14:49
Hey everyone!

Our resident cyberpunk Bugsy is currently working on this game here.
He has sent me an interesting work in progress video that I thought I'd share because I haven't seen something like it in game guru just yet.
So far GG shooters I've played have always been a bit slow and awkward. He is currently trying to make them fast paced and more modern.
While I'm usually more into traditional shooters and hybrids like Deus Ex, this thrillride he is working on is also striking my fancy....despite the regenerative health.

LINK TO VIDEO

I have permission to share it, despite being in such an early state...and that there is no sound.

What is also interesting about this is that it ran relatively well on my laptop. Bugsy has always been way better than I am at optimisation and was the one who crafted these huge city levels in FPSCreator. (If you dont know FPSCreator...lets just say that what he made was bordering on impossible.)
This game runs well, while still somewhat succumbing to current GG performance. I think its noteworthy.

So yes! Maybe those around you working on shooters gather some inspiration... I think it really tasks a different light on the perceived sluggishness of GG shooter games.

-Wolf
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2016 16:47
I have been folowing the thread on this and hope to see it finished,looks like he has got it runing realy smooth .

Dave
PM
Duchenkuke
GameGuru VBOTB Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2016 16:58
yes I have discovered this yesterday and downloaded playable build. Didn't try it yet but I will definitely check it out.
Corno_1
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Fast Paced GG Shooter game"

Ok, this is your opinion. I loved bugsy´s last game and this was faced paced, but your video shows nothing fast.
Nevertheless it is cool that it runs on old hardware, but maybe someone who play a lot faster should play it.
My dream is to develope games, which makes fun when I create it and fun when other people play it.
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 19:01:16
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 19:01:16