Third Party Tools / FBX2GG - A fantastic new tool available for Purchase soon

Author
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Version 1.1 now sent to all purchasers. Update info in email which addresses some of the issues mentioned in the posts."

I didn't get one

The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2016 10:39 Edited at: 20th Jul 2016 10:46
sorry Syncromesh-I forgot to put you on my official records list, will do that now and send you a copy, apologies again

[update-currently can't get into my outlook emails which has the link, once I get in, I will send out to you]
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; LG TFT monitor (widescreen). Wanting a new PC at some point.
Interests: Drumming, Saxophone, Art, Theatre, Music.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
No probs mate
PM
Isagabe
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Quote: "Version 1.1 now sent to all purchasers. Update info in email which addresses some of the issues mentioned in the posts.""

Me neither. Could you add me to the update list? Thanks
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2016 12:13 Edited at: 20th Jul 2016 12:17
@Synchromesh: now sent you an email with the link.
@Isagabe-oh dear I'm not doing well today am I....sorry about that...is your email the one ending in iafrica.com?
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; LG TFT monitor (widescreen). Wanting a new PC at some point.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2016 12:20
ugh, I left off Granda also, sorry all, I am not with it today
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2016 12:21 Edited at: 20th Jul 2016 12:22
ugh, I left off Granada also, sorry all, I am not with it today links now sent to the 2 I missed off. Updated my records, oh dear
Isagabe
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Got mine ..Thanks BOTR ..... We all have one of those days
Mines usually Five a week though
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2016 21:44
glad everyone got their copy in the end...
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2016 23:03
I have mine thanks,we all have those days . Me,i have them all the time .

Dave
PM
Len the man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2016 19:09 Edited at: 22nd Jul 2016 21:31
I got mine, but FBX2GG 1.1 still crashes a lot, especially with the big stocky models from Fuse...

However, I have processed about 20 Fuse models, which is really great in my opinion. It's 20 more models than I had a couple of weeks ago.

I processed one model on FBX2GG 1.1 yesterday, which was a slim male Fuse model, and it seemed to work well for that model.
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
I was wondering ...If Rafhalzer made it possible ti import the wizard anims ...
Could we then have 3rd person characters that would work with guns and not die ?
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 23rd Jul 2016 09:03
I don't think that there's anything on the character animation/modelling side that would fix it so we could use guns in third person/ As far as I know it's all on the weapon side of things, the way they're modelled and the way GG handles projectiles.

i5, NV960 2GB, 16GB memory, 2x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.
i3 , Intel integrated graphics, 6GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAIII Win8.1.
Intel Celeron (duel Core), Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 180gB Generic SATAII, WinVista.
Q6600, Intel integrated graphics, 8GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAII, Win7.
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2016 20:12
Quote: "I got mine, but FBX2GG 1.1 still crashes a lot, especially with the big stocky models from Fuse...

However, I have processed about 20 Fuse models, which is really great in my opinion. It's 20 more models than I had a couple of weeks ago.

I processed one model on FBX2GG 1.1 yesterday, which was a slim male Fuse model, and it seemed to work well for that model."

Finally managed to test 1.1 myself, and yes i'm also getting a lot of dark basic stopped working crashes, it seems to be happening at around 50% of importing animations, and mostly when importing the full animation set, decimating the character to 20 using the mixamo decimator helps in some cases, but not all.

Intel Celeron (duel Core), Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 180gB Generic SATAII, WinVista.
xenoblackinc
Years of Service
User Offline
I'd love to test this with reallusion a character creator is there. A demo or a beta tester version. Man I'm super excited I'd be able to work on my game again. Please let me know if there is any solution is like to test this out.
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I'd love to test this with reallusion a character creator is there. A demo or a beta tester version. Man I'm super excited I'd be able to work on my game again. Please let me know if there is any solution is like to test this out."

No demo or beta version I'm afraid
PM
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2016 02:38
Has anyone had an issue where mixamo fbx characters load into FBX2GG with no eyes? (and therefore export as Direct x with no eyes ) I have had a few today, I can open them in Ultimate Unwrap fine and they have eyes, so I'm sure it's not the fbx file. It doesn't happen with every character, though, weird.
MAME Cab PC: i7 4770@3.4Ghz (passmark 9945), 12GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX 1080 (Passmark 12735); Shiny new laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz (passmark 8586), 16GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX870M (passmark 3598); Old laptop: i5@2.3Ghz, 8GB RAM, Win 7/64, Intel 3000 graphics
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2016 07:41 Edited at: 26th Jul 2016 07:43
Not seen that issue yet.

So far in the new build I only have two issues.

1. Fairly regular DarkBasic crashes, mostly workable if decimated to 20 and not using the full animation range.
2. Having to decimate to 20 means some weird stuff happening with models, for example if you use a hair model on them it decimates the scalp under the hair, and in gameguru you can see terrain through gaps in the hair, and on skin tight clothing you get missing faces so it looks like they're full of holes.

The first one I think may be FBX2GG is sometimes not warning about high poly counts (hair, beard and moustache models seem to be really high poly) and it's crashing because it can't handle the poly count. The second isn't really an FBX2GG issue really, its the decimators fault, but having to decimate that much in the first place is the reason it's happening.

What I've found is needed to avoid issues is to make characters that don't use the extra hair, beard and moustache models, and avoid skin tight clothing, that way it's lower poly to start with and you can get away with decimating it less. The only drawback to that is you're then limited to the default hair which is a buzz cut.

Rafhalzer
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2016 11:31
@ Jerry Tremble
Could you send me a fbx character which is imported without eyes?
bodzio3d@gmail.com

@ Belidos
Why crashes? - because there are errors in the character's mesh. Errors which crash Dark Basic Pro.
There are two ways to fix the mesh.
First way - decimate character on Mixamo web page. No need to decimate to 20% - each decimation changes the structure of the mesh and can fix it. But after the decimation may still be errors in the mesh and you have to try again.
Second way - use MView which can fix the mesh. When FBX2GG crashes go to C:/rtemp folder, open a file 'main_temp_meszka8925.x' in MView and save it with the same name. Open FBX2GG and from menu choose File / Restore after crash. Now you can import animations.
If you don't have MView here is a link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/t1wrhjvcx09qb3c/mview.zip?dl=0
ANIMER - Character Animations Editor.

Edit and create your own animations of FPSC characters.

Supports DirectX and DBO formats.
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2016 11:51
All but a few of the models that have crashed for me so far I've checked after the crash and found that they're over the 22k poly limit, but FBX2GG let them through and only complained once I tried to add animations, so some models that are over the limit seem to be slipping past the check at the beginning.

But yeah decimating them does almost always fix them, I've tried the decimation process with them in steps of 5 and found only 20 to 30 to work, the thing I've noticed is that all the ones this happens with are ones with hair, beard, and moustache. Probably the extra objects pushing it over the limit, as I said not your issue, just fue/miximo being high poly.

What does seem odd though, is I never had this issue to start with, all the models I made in fuse were below the 22k limit and it was only really the store models that needed decimating, but suddenly the last few days the FBX models I've been downloading are shooting up to 50k+, only thing I can imagine has happened is something has changed on mixamos end and it now produces much higher poly models. I'll have to have a play around and see what can be adjusted.

Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2016 15:08
Quote: "@ Jerry Tremble
Could you send me a fbx character which is imported without eyes?
bodzio3d@gmail.com
"

Actually, I just figured out the common thread between the ones that would load without eyes, I had "Facial Blend Shapes" enabled on the auto-rigger! Disabling it fixed it on every model so far. I've had that enabled since the beginning with no issues, though. Anyway, thanks!
MAME Cab PC: i7 4770@3.4Ghz (passmark 9945), 12GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX 1080 (Passmark 12735); Shiny new laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz (passmark 8586), 16GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX870M (passmark 3598); Old laptop: i5@2.3Ghz, 8GB RAM, Win 7/64, Intel 3000 graphics
PM
Isagabe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2016 17:10 Edited at: 26th Jul 2016 17:10
I've been getting empty eyes for a while, Besides that 1.1 seems to perform better for me. In FBX2GG
In GG
And final 2 in fuse - eyes clearly there.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2016 17:24
Yeah that's probably because when you rigged them through mixamo you had the facial blends box ticked, un-tick that before choosing your rigging and it should be ok.

Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2016 17:57 Edited at: 26th Jul 2016 17:59
What's odd is that they disappear on some models but not others. I use the same base meshes on every model so far: Male or Female Fit A and all related parts. I have had "facial blend shapes" on this whole time but only started having the issue yesterday. Weird!

Anyway, I was hoping that eventually I might have talking characters, (that's why a retained facial blendshapes in the first place) but I really don't know if the facial blendshapes are usable outside of Adobe's web cam thingy.
PM
devlin
Years of Service
User Offline
@ xenoblackinc if you have iclone and 3d exchange it does the job already.
or do you just have character creator.
PM
Isagabe
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Yeah that's probably because when you rigged them through mixamo you had the facial blends box ticked, un-tick that before choosing your rigging and it should be ok."

Thanks. Will verify but almost sure it is not selected. As far as I understand GG characters don't have taking (mouth) animations (but some FPSC do funny enough) which is why I never bothered selecting - but will check.
devlin
Years of Service
User Offline
@ Jerry Tremble
in Ultimate Unwrap, look at the material maps in the drop down check to see if the texture for the eyes has opacity texture. if so just select none.
opacity does sometimes not work in gg. same if you have probs with other textures body legs head ect. you can see if something is wrong when the model looks black in parts or i should say shaded black parts on model when viewed in Ultimate Unwrap. just click none in the opacity. same with the other texture
maps.
hope this helps,
PM
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2016 19:30
Quote: "@ Jerry Tremble
in Ultimate Unwrap, look at the material maps in the drop down check to see if the texture for the eyes has opacity texture. if so just select none."

Yeah, I noticed that when my characters imported as see through! What's even odder is if I load a Mixamo fbx into ultimate unwrap on my laptop, the opacity map is there. If I download the SAME Mixamo fbx to my desktop and load it into UU, there is no opacity map. Same UU versions. Even weirder. However, the same models will show up in FBX2GG with no eyes on either computer. Anyway, like mentioned above, it seems to be the facial blendshapes that are doing it. I don't know why, but the same characters rigged without them selected gives my characters eyes.

Also, I've noticed, UU occasionally adds extra bones and a "U3D mesh" to the characters sometimes on import, but not always. If they aren't deleted, FBX2GG can't deal with them and crashes. Either way, the eyes are missing, with or without the opacity map. Perhaps that is related to the blendshapes, I don't know. I'm not going to mess with that anymore as long as what I've got working continues working!
PM
devlin
Years of Service
User Offline
i use iclone 3d exchange pipeline to swap out rigs or bones and add animation from gg characters using UU to get animations and load in 3d exchange.
have not purchased FBX2GG, will when payday comes but looking forward to trying it out,
thanks for the info on the facial blendshapes.
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2016 07:34
Rafhalzer has sent me some instructions on how to import the wizard animations to FBX character using FBX2GG, meshview/mender and Animer (if you own it). Please see attached PDF file. I haven't tried this myself yet as I don't have much time, but I'm sure you will have no problems following the instructions.

Attachments

devlin
Years of Service
User Offline
Would anyone tell me if the attached anims work with FBX2GG.

Attachments

PM
Rafhalzer
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2016 18:59
@ devlin
No, FBX2GG can import only .fbx animations.
Tools for FPSC and GameGuru - ANIMER, MENDER, FBX2GG
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2016 08:07
ok I found some time this morning before work to test out the importing of Wizard Anims following the pdf and works ok with no problems.
When I get some free time , I may make a quick video tutorial but the pdf is very easy to follow.
Len the man
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but I recently saved my game as a standalone game, and when I played the game, the FBX2GG models looked completely blacked out (see picture below)... When I tried it as a test game, everything looked fine.

Does this mean I need to adjust one of the sliders (like the entity shader, shadows, or occlusion), or is it another problem?

BTW - I set a low benchmark for running GG, because I only have integrated graphic on my PC, and no graphics card... So I was wondering if this could be the problem also. I have just enough graphics capability for GG to run, but playing the game is very choppy with 4-12 fps instead of at least 30-40 fps. I will be getting a new PC soon with a graphics card to take care of the low graphics problem.

I'm curious to know if anyone can tell me which one of these might be the issue, and which will give a true solution?

Attachments

PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2016 17:04 Edited at: 30th Aug 2016 17:12
It's because the models use multiple textures and the standalone save doesn't copy them over, you have to manually copy the textures for those models into the same folders in the standalone game.

Multi-textures aren't fully supported in GameGuru, they will work if you set them up right, but when it comes to things like standalone you will have to put a bit more effort tan just clicking the standalone link.

Basically the way the standalone works with models is it looks in the FPE of the model to find the textured line, it then takes that texture listed there and copies over that file plus the N and S textures for that file. Because mutli-texture models hold the information about which textures to use inside the actual model file and the FPE textured line is blank, the standalone feature doesn't copy them over.

Len the man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2016 23:43 Edited at: 30th Aug 2016 23:53
Thanks Belidos...

Wow! That was spot on.

I copied the textures over to the stand alone entity file, and it worked perfectly.

Now I see the characters textures fine in the stand alone game (see the pictures below).

Attachments

PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2016 12:42 Edited at: 31st Aug 2016 12:46
You're welcome.

Another little tip. Standalone will not always copy a file over that is referenced directly from a script. So if you use say for example the music.lua script in which you physically edit your audio file locations and then a separate script calls them inside the game, then the listed audio files will not be copied over either and you will have to manually copy them too.

I'd highly recommend that if you use any models, audio, video, and images that are not called via properties or fpe, you keep a record of them and copy them over manually after creating the standalone, likewise if you have scripts that call other scripts that aren't placed in entities on your map, make sure you copy those scripts over too, as they may not be copied over automatically.

This is why when I start a project I give it a separate entitybank, scriptbank and audiobank folder, I then, as I place objects, use scripts, use audio file etcs. copy the files for those objects into the new folders and replace them from that folder, it takes a little longer to build a level, but at least everything you use for that level is in a specific and known place so when you get issues like standalone not copying files it's easier to find and copy them over later.

Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2016 20:47
@ Belidos hey m8 did you get the zombie attacks to work? if so m8 can you let me know what i need to do as the Vamps i made are doing some proper odd stuff lol
Intel i5 4950 Quad core 3.3ghz
8gb Ram
Nvidia NVS 315 1gb
and a well fed mouse on a wheel

When Reality is broken. Game designers can fix it and make it more realistic
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2016 08:19
I've never even looked at zombie stuff to be honest. I think the zombie scripts are slightly different from the normal AI, as far as I know the frame ranges for their attacks are accessed directly through the script instead of being in the FPE, so you would need to cpy and edit a zombie script to get them working.

Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2016 17:32
Yeah thats what i was trying the animations looked like a rotating sprite :/ np m8 i'll keep at it just saw one of the earlier posts where you was discussing it and Vamps maybe use guns but a melee attack is more realistic lol. I'll keep plodding on as i build the levels and post when i find something working nicely
8gb Ram
Nvidia NVS 315 1gb

Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2016 17:44
The attack animations in the ai_zombiewalk.lua script are listed in the init ......

attackstart[e]=683 and attackend[e]=722

so if you change those lines to your attack animation it should work

you would also need to change damageframestart[e]=695 and damageframeend[e]=715 to line up your animation with the damage it does

Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2016 23:29
Just a quick note guys if your using windows 10 and are having multiple crashes with fbx2gg check ctl+alt+del if your disk is showing 100% goto services and disable superfetch read up on this tonight and it worked for me
8gb Ram
AMD Radeon 7570 1gb

Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2016 20:15
O O we have a problem? anyone have a fix for this?
8gb Ram
AMD Radeon 7570 1gb

Attachments

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2016 10:58
Haven't used this tool for a while now but have you always got this error or has it only just started happening. What OS you running it on? 64 or 32 bit or both?
I'll use my special tools to see what dll's it requires.
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; 12GB.
FPSC to GameGuru Tools: SegAutoWelder, Entity+Weapon Welder
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2016 13:30
No m8 got it sorted thx i did a reinstall of 7 x64 and forgot to install visual studio doesn't seem to pick up that file when you have only the runtimes for some reason, but corrects itself when you install VS
8gb Ram
AMD Radeon 7570 1gb

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2016 14:49
glad you got it sorted ok, yes installing VS redistribs can resolve a few issues with programs.
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; 12GB.
FPSC to GameGuru Tools: SegAutoWelder, Entity+Weapon Welder
BadGibbon
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Greetings

Haven't used this for a few weeks, it was working then about 50% of the time!
But now crashes when run with message:

DarkBasic Pro Project
DarkBASIC Pro Project has stopped working

So can't even load it now!

Am using Windows 10...

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

BadGibbon
PM
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2016 13:04 Edited at: 30th Oct 2016 13:11
Are you simultaneously running something that uses Directx 9 or perhaps another program written with DBPro? I have had issues with one or the other for ages, no matter which OS I'm using.

Another thought: Are you on a laptop with two video cards? On my laptop, FBX2GG will not function correctly with the NVidia card (it does launch, though), but it works perfectly with the integrated graphics card. It works perfectly on the desktop NVidia card, though.
Desktop: i7 4770@3.4Ghz, 12GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX 1080, 1TB SSD, 1TB HDD; Laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz, 16GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX870M , 1TB SSD.
PM
BadGibbon
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Greetings Jerry

Thanks for the reply.

I have no other programs running and I'm on a desktop.

Progress of a sort, have just had a Windows 10 update and now at least the program is launching again...go figure!

Back to crashing when loading characters, about 50% of the time!

BadGibbon
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 12:00:15
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 12:00:15