Third Party Tools / FBX2GG - A fantastic new tool available for Purchase soon

Author
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2016 08:46 Edited at: 25th Mar 2017 11:43
This has been designed/programmed by Rafhalzer, creator of Animer and Mender and can be purchased directly from him. Please email to bodzio3d@gmail.com

As the name suggests, you can take an FBX character from Mixamo or Autodesk Character Generator, prepare them to be either FBX or GameGuru ready and then import the required animations and export out to .X format along with the animationsets. Textures can also be exported to a directory of your choice, although this would need to be in the same directory as the character.

And if you have used Animer, you can play the animation frames too.

I have tested both ACG and Mixamo for both the GameGuru animations and FBX.
This tool is extremely useful for anyone wanting to add new FBX characters to GameGuru.

Documentation and animation frames (GG) are available in PDF format from the help menu.
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, C#, VB, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; 12GB.
FPSC to GameGuru Tools: AutoWelder/SegAutoWelder, Entity+Weapon Welder, FPEtoBAT

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Isagabe
Years of Service
User Offline
Amazing. Take my money please.
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 17th Jun 2016 13:04 Edited at: 17th Jun 2016 13:30
That sounds AWESOME!

Where do I pay!?!?!

Just a quick request, if it's possible for him to do, could he at some point get it to convert the multiple textures most FBX characters come with into a single atlas texture? That would make it an almost perfect piece of character conversion software to my eyes

i5, NV960 2GB, 16GB memory, 2x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.
i3 , Intel integrated graphics, 6GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAIII Win8.1.
Intel Celeron (duel Core), Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 180gB Generic SATAII, WinVista.
Q6600, Intel integrated graphics, 8GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAII, Win7.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2016 13:44 Edited at: 25th Mar 2017 11:46
@Isagabe-it really is amazing-testing it out was great. no more Fragmotion, 3DS max etc, just the tool.
@Belidos-I will put forward your question to Rafhalzer.

It is a fantastic tool, I'm very impressed with the way it just works.

I will be doing a video on the tool as soon as possible to show how to use the software.
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, C#, VB, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
FPSC to GameGuru Tools: AutoWelder/SegAutoWelder, Entity+Weapon Welder, FPEtoBAT
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2016 14:25
does this place the firespot? or do you still have to use fragmotion? also will this take mview and mender out of the equation?
AMD Phenom x4 9850 2.58 Ghz , 6 gb ram, 2GB EVGA Geforce GTX 750, Win 10 x64

PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2016 14:41
Looking great.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2016 15:31 Edited at: 17th Jun 2016 15:35

Intel Celeron (duel Core), Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 180gB Generic SATAII, WinVista.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2016 17:24
@MK83-No need for Fragmotion or Mender as it checks all the weights and the FIRESPOT seems to be there as I imported GG Uber Soldier animations to the Mixamo and ACG models and in GameGuru they were firing at me in the correct hand. I will of course double check the FIRESPOT in a modelling package. This software is awesome.
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; LG TFT monitor (widescreen). Wanting a new PC at some point.
Interests: Drumming, Saxophone, Art, Theatre, Music.
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2016 18:31
Great news .

Dave
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2016 19:36
Quote: "No need for Fragmotion or Mender as it checks all the weights and the FIRESPOT seems to be there as I imported GG Uber Soldier animations to the Mixamo and ACG models and in GameGuru they were firing at me in the correct hand. I will of course double check the FIRESPOT in a modelling package. This software is awesome"

What about the arms? I could never get the arms exactly right, they would always cross at the wrists, does this program fix that?

Isagabe
Years of Service
User Offline
Can't wait. Congrats to all involved.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2016 21:46
@Belidos-Arms are perfect-I've just recorded a video which I will add here soon as it's converted and uploaded to YT.
@Isagabe-the credit totally goes to Rafhalzer, this is an amazing tool.

Here is a pic of the end result at the end of the video.

Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; LG TFT monitor (widescreen). Wanting a new PC at some point.

Attachments

Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2016 23:01 Edited at: 17th Jun 2016 23:06
Quote: "Here is a pic of the end result at the end of the video"

Hmn, they're still not perfect, but pretty good.
But then again i'm a little OCD, which is why it takes me so long to release a model, everything has to be just right lol

This is the best I've been able to do so far ...

Attachments

milanko89
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2016 00:52
@Bored of the Rings This sounds awesome! Do you know how much the program will be?
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2016 06:00
@milanko89-It will be around £30 I believe.
Isagabe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2016 06:25 Edited at: 18th Jun 2016 06:27
Well done Rafhalzer. Well worth the money. The final screen's hand positions look pretty decent - I can live with that. Will we be able to specify in the FIRESPOT that the character is holding a rifle ? Looks silly when characters are holding rifles like they were pistols (ie hand crossed).
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2016 06:36
@Isagabe-I'll put your question to Rafhalzer and come back to you. My first thought is that the FIRESPOT will always initially be set in the same position no matter what weapon the character is using and FPE CSI_ parameters use the relevant animation frames to position the weapon correctly. LEt me know if I've misunderstood the question.
@Belidos-ok not 100% perfect but near. But then again I'm sure Rafhalzer can improve this in the next release. Also, it will be possible to have the texture as one atlas texture but will not be in this release due to complexity.

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2016 06:39
I've also asked Rfhalzer if it possible to correct the slight crossing of arms.

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2016 07:27 Edited at: 18th Jun 2016 07:27
It has been confirmed that the tool also will have added ability to allow the user to select a range of anim frames like Animer.
In addition, the 3rd Person Wizard Frames are also included.

I will be uploading a video soon, just redoing conversion as the format and playback was not good.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2016 10:16
Here is part 1 video tutorial on how to apply GG animations to an imported FBX character using the FBX2GG tool:

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2016 11:04 Edited at: 18th Jun 2016 12:48
The reason for crossed arms is due to the arm length between the custom and GameGuru characters. There is no way to automate this is in a program. You will need to modify the arm length in a modelling program.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Amazing .... This will help so many users
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2016 20:43
Quote: "The reason for crossed arms is due to the arm length between the custom and GameGuru characters. There is no way to automate this is in a program. You will need to modify the arm length in a modelling program."

Yeah that was what I noticed, I found that if you shortened the forearms in Fuse or ACG before exporting as FBX you could get it closer to the right positioning, it just takes a bit of trial and error. I was just hoping he would be able to automate that via FBX2GG, but it's not an issue, we need something to do ourselves otherwise it would be too easy

Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2016 05:02
Definitely looking forward to this!
MAME Cab PC: i7 4770@3.4Ghz (passmark 9945), 12GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX645 (passmark 1898); Shiny new laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz (passmark 8586), 16GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX870M (passmark 3598); Old laptop: i5@2.3Ghz, 8GB RAM, Win 7/64, Intel 3000 graphics
PM
Ravenous
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2016 14:44
This tool could import FBX characters made directly in Maya for example? Or only it only will import FBX characters from Mixamo or Autodesk Character Generator?

Thank you very much!!
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2016 15:17
i believe it's designed with Mixamo and Autodesk Generated Characters only. If I get time, I might install Maya and see if it works. In the meantime, I'll put the question to Rafhalzer as he programmed the software.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2016 17:28
Maya FBX characters should work as long as the bone names are the same as Mixamo/ACG characters e.g. "Hips", "LeftLeg", "LeftShoulder" and so on. I am trying to test this out now in Maya which I've just installed but don't really use as much as 3DS max.
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2016 22:02 Edited at: 21st Jun 2016 18:38
Hopefully, as long as the bone structure is like the below image, and it's an .fbx file, it should work regardless of the program it's made in.

Attachments

JackalHead
Years of Service
User Offline
Ya if it dont work with custom characters then its not for me. Looks good though. Looks like your still going to be stuck using default animations though. Uber etc.
"So let it be written; so let it be done."
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2016 22:05 Edited at: 21st Jun 2016 22:05
Quote: "Looks like your still going to be stuck using default animations though. Uber etc"

It looks like it's got a menu option to import your own animations into it, so it should be fine for custom animated characters, you will still need to add the animation frames to the fpe, but you will have to do that with GG animations anyway, the only difference is that you can just copy the fpe data from whatever GG character you imported the animations from.

@Bored
I'm waiting with so much anticipation, this is something that GG has needed for such a long time, tell Raf I love him, and to hurry up I can't wait any longer i'm bursting! :p

On a serious note, another feature request:

Not a must have, but a "would love to have". In fragmotion when you import animations individually you can double click anyof the animations and in the menu of the keyframe editor that comes up select Append Animations, this allows you to tick or untick, or reaorder the animations, then converts them to a single animation, and lists the individual animation frames in a text file.

I know it's unlikely this can be done for importing GG character anims as that data is not in the models, but for custom animations would Raf be able to do something similar?

JackalHead
Years of Service
User Offline
P.S Im not about to purchase anything. Something like this should be included with GG.
"So let it be written; so let it be done."
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2016 06:01
Due to illness, I'm not able to record the next video at the moment which was going to cover importing custom FBX animations. Once I'm better, I'll do a recording.
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2016 15:00
Quote: "Due to illness, I'm not able to record the next video at the moment which was going to cover importing custom FBX animations. Once I'm better, I'll do a recording."
Hope you feel better soon, mate.
AMD Phenom x4 9850 2.58 Ghz , 6 gb ram, 2GB EVGA Geforce GTX 750, Win 10 x64

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2016 15:21
@MK83-thanks mate.

Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2016 10:44 Edited at: 23rd Jun 2016 10:44
Get well soon mate.

I'm not feeling too good at the moment myself, have a throat infection that's left me permanently feeling like I've been karate chopped in the throat, and to cap it off I have the week off work and planned to do the gardening, but it's been almost constantly raining lol

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2016 11:06
thanks guys, I have laryngitis at the moment, however, Rafhalzer has been sending me new updated executable which I have been testing and is a lot more stable. I've downloaded a Mixamo character along with mixamo animations and imported all these animations to the Ely character. I've made a template FPE with empty CSI_ params and replaced some of these with the available mixamo anims. tested in GG and works with the anims with no distortion as long as you use the mixamo animations for mixamo characters. Apparently, Mixamo animations are not compatible with ACG characters, but works well with GG animations.....
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2016 13:15
Quote: "laryngitis"

Oh snap, how spooky is it that we both have throat issues at the moment? lol!

I really hope you recover quickly, I seriously understand how it feels right now.

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2016 20:05 Edited at: 23rd Jun 2016 20:06
@Belidos-how weird, yes my voice has totally gone at the moment. Anyone up for a silent video ha

Here's a pic showing the Mixamo Ely character, all I did was import all the Mixamo animations (downloaded from the Mixamo website) that were configured for that character and add to the animation set. The FPE was then updated with the Mixamo anim frames where possible.

Attachments

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2016 15:40 Edited at: 25th Mar 2017 11:47
ok, so we are good to go, you can now purchase FBX2GG here:

Once I get my voice back, I'll record video on updates made to the app and how to use the import FBX functionality.
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2016 17:26 Edited at: 26th Jun 2016 17:30
erm, it still says coming soon and there's nothing to click.

Edit: Got it, had to clear cache, now not so patiently awaiting a download link :p

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2016 18:31
To the first purchaser of the product: if your email address ends in yahoo.co.uk, many thanks for purchasing, the dropbox link has now been sent to your email

Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2016 18:39 Edited at: 26th Jun 2016 18:40
Quote: "To the first purchaser of the product: if your email address ends in yahoo.co.uk, many thanks for purchasing, the dropbox link has now been sent to your email "

Yeah I got it.

Unfortunately the software does not work. I've tried as admin, not as admin, and all the different compatability modes available.

Attachments

synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Restart your PC and try again ...
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2016 18:47
Thanks Syncro, that fixed it. Jumping with joy now

Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2016 19:04
Just started importing the animations on my first character project. I like that a drop down so you can choose which GG animations to import has been added to the box where you choose how many frames, a little disappointed there are no zombie ones in that list, but I an work around it. So far so good!

Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2016 19:05
I just ordered it a bit ago, anxiously awaiting my download link. (Like I don't have a million more important things to do today! I really shouldn't be playing!)
MAME Cab PC: i7 4770@3.4Ghz (passmark 9945), 12GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX645 (passmark 1898); Shiny new laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz (passmark 8586), 16GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX870M (passmark 3598); Old laptop: i5@2.3Ghz, 8GB RAM, Win 7/64, Intel 3000 graphics
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2016 19:06
If you have any technical difficulties please email RafHalzer at : bodzio3d@gmail.com
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2016 19:08
@Jerry Tremble-if your email ends in yahoo.com-I just sent email to the link.
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2016 19:21
and it worked perfectly, thank you Raf, Bored, and Syncro, you guys rock

Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2016 19:41
Quote: "Jerry Tremble-if your email ends in yahoo.com"

Yep, that's me, thanks! Downloading now but won't be able to try it out til later, gotta run to the hardware store...
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 01:42:07
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 01:42:07