Third Party Tools / Entity Welder - new thread

Author
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2017 07:52
Hi, as the original thread is now locked, I've had to start another related thread.

If you use the Entity Welder tool and/or FPEtoBAT programs, you might have noticed that non-character entities do not animate.
Here is a short video showing how to fix this if you are not sure what to do. The video uses the dungeonitems objects such as the twisterblade quad/double.

Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; 12GB.
FPSC to GameGuru Tools: SegAutoWelder, Entity+Weapon Welder
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2017 11:07
Another tip: For weapon entities that also have an associated player weapon, don't use EntityWelder, but use WeaponWelder instead as the textures will come out correctly due to some entities being linked to the textures in Gamecore folder e.g. BSP-WW2 Models\Weapons. In the meantime, I'll make an update to the EntityWelder program.
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2017 08:21 Edited at: 7th Jan 2017 08:31
For anyone who is new to EntityWelder/FPEtoBAT programs and not sure how to use them, here is a vid:

version 1.5.2 is currently being worked on which is mainly to fix the weapon/ammo pickup textures issue when they reside in the Gamecore folders. If you use WeaponWelder, it allows you to include the ammo/weapon pickups and so the texturing comes out correctly. Using EntityWelder for weapon/ammo pickups was not texturing correctly. It's better to use the WeaponWelder program for Gamecore,ammo and weapon entities, but if you do decide to only use the entitywelder program for weapon/ammo pickups then a sub folder is created and the textures are copied there as most of the textures will be named gun_D.dds etc. the reason for creating sub-folders where the .X/FPE/.BMP live is that you could end up with a load of folders in Gamecore that have textures only and no actual weapon associated files. Confused? I think I am now
Flatlander
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2017 21:30 Edited at: 22nd Feb 2017 21:53
I can't seem to find a post regarding instructions on how to use Entity Welder. I am able to use Seg and Weapon Welder just fine. I thought perhaps would work similarly but when I start the Entity Welder exe file it just simply gives me this information box:

The information box states: "File needs to be .FPE type" with an OK button
When I press the OK button this will close and nothing has happened.

The Old-Man
When in doubt -- C4 :heh, heh, heh:

-Jamie Hyneman

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2017 21:49 Edited at: 22nd Feb 2017 21:52
The Entity Welder is a drag n drop app, so you can just drop an .FPE file onto the EXE and that's it all done and in GameGuru.. However, you can do a whole directory in one go by using the FPEtoBAT program which you run and follow the instructions. the FPEtoBAT program creates a .BAT file which is saved to your root drive and you can just run it and it processes the entire entity folder you selected.

more details here on the old thread before it got locked and there are other vids showing how to use it:

https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/215117?page=2#msg2550868
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, C#, VB, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
FPSC to GameGuru Tools: AutoWelder/SegAutoWelder, Entity+Weapon Welder, FPEtoBAT
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2017 21:52 Edited at: 22nd Feb 2017 21:55
@Flatlander: Fixed your image link.

@BOTR: would you like me to unlock the original thread?
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2017 22:20
Yes please Pirate Myke if possible. Is it also possible to put the new thread posts onto the old one and delete the new thread? no worries if it can't
much appreciated
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, C#, VB, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
FPSC to GameGuru Tools: AutoWelder/SegAutoWelder, Entity+Weapon Welder, FPEtoBAT
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2017 01:00
Sorry dont have a merge feature from a moderator stand point on this forum. I could copy them into new posts , but they would all have my user name as the poster, and not yours or the replies you have received.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

Flatlander
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2017 22:02 Edited at: 24th Feb 2017 14:38
Deleted by me (Flatlander). Maybe this thread should be locked since the original thread is now unlocked. Sorry, I didn't notice.
When in doubt -- C4 :heh, heh, heh:

-Jamie Hyneman
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2017 08:05 Edited at: 24th Feb 2017 08:17
As the Entity Welder and FPEtoBAT work differently to the other tools. What I do is have the EntityWelder EXE and the FPEtoBAT on the desktop and make sure they are both set to "run as administrator". If you only want to do one entity at a time, drag and drop a .FPE onto the EntityWelder EXE and it will chug away (make sure when you drag the FPE onto the EntityWelder EXE that it says "Open with EntityWelder" before releasing the mouse. Once it's processed, the entity will be installed in the GameGuru Entitybank under the same folder as it was in FPSC.

For weapons/weapon items, it's more advisable to use the Weapon Welder tool specifically for those items.

If you want to do a whole folder of FPE's (multiple entities) in one go. Run the FPEtoBAt in admin mode. First, select the EntityWelder EXE when prompted e.g. desktop/EntityWelder.EXE. Next, select the entity folder in FPSC that you want to install to GameGuru e.g. C:\Program Files\The Game Creators\FPS Creator\Files\entitybank\ww2\items or whatever you want.

This will create a .BAT file with the same name as the folder you selected in FPSC. It writes the .BAT currently to your root drive e.g. C:/
Run the BAT file and it will chug away (it opens up the CMD window). When it disappears the job is done and the entities will appear in GameGuru.

Hope this helps.
there is also a vid a few posts above this showing how to use.
https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/217005#msg2567304

The old thread is now unlocked so will be adding posts back there.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2017 11:23
I might bring back the GUI windowed version and have a GUI front end where you can just add a list of directories and/or FPE files and it will go process the whole lot instead of the BAT thing. The FPEtoBAT thing was just a quick app I wrote quickly to do batch processing, but it kinda stuck. Will see what spare time I get.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 09:11:58
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 09:11:58