Third Party Tools / Weapon Welder 1.0

Author
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
I did get issues but found if I ran them in direct in Windows 10 64 bit with admin ...they would just suddenly stop working for me ..
However since I have set them to " Windows 8 compatibility mode and Run as Administrator ticked " I haven't had any issues ..

Hope that helps someone ...
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2016 17:37
Started pc today, eager to make some weapons, and, it don't work again. even with the compatibility set to win 7 or 8. I'm stumped. Oh, seg welder 1.5 fix. which worked fine last night don't work today either. Both get same errors that are in my videos.
AMD Phenom x4 9850 2.58 Ghz , 6 gb ram, 2GB EVGA Geforce GTX 750, Win 10 x64

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2016 19:54
I too am baffled . Installed x64 bit win10 today so once system up and running will do some major testing . In short win10 is pants .
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2016 08:26
I ran both tools on x64 bit Windows 10 and work fine on my PC. Not sure why it not working on other users.
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; LG TFT monitor (widescreen). Wanting a new PC at some point.
Interests: Drumming, Saxophone, Art, Theatre, Music.
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2016 17:36
I reinstalled win 10 on my machine, so far both programs work. I do have a question though. What do I need to do to manually make weapon pick ups?

PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2016 21:25 Edited at: 25th May 2016 21:25
Quote: "I too am baffled "

What I did find is that once they mysteriously stop working or loading ...If I delete them and extract them from the zip again you emailed they suddenly work until they stop again ...Its really weird
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2016 22:14
Quote: "What I did find is that once they mysteriously stop working or loading ...If I delete them and extract them from the zip again you emailed they suddenly work until they stop again ...Its really weird"
Did that too. So far since I reinstalled win 10, I've not had an issue yet.

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2016 11:43
I'll try and find time to show how to do manual pick ups but will be programming that in some point , unfortunately my win7 went and action video software not running in win10 .... Really hating that OS at the moment
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; LG TFT monitor (widescreen). Wanting a new PC at some point.
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2016 15:47
Quote: "Really hating that OS at the moment"
Fully understand.

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2016 18:02
hardly anything works or installs or runs properly on that OS. Anyway, rant over, will try and find time this bank holiday weeked to do some more or the Weapon tool as it needs a bit of rewrite and functionality adding. All this will be done on Win10 32 / 64 bit (ugh) dual boot OS.
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2016 16:21
Quote: "will try and find time this bank holiday weeked to do some more or the Weapon tool as it needs a bit of rewrite and functionality adding. "
Cool

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2016 16:30 Edited at: 28th May 2016 09:16
at least I got Action! to work on Win10 phew ! looking forward to getting back to this tool. All it was if anyone else has Action! and the dreaded Win10 32 or 64 bit, just make sure that you have "run as administrator" UNCHECKED (can you believe it!!), gees.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2016 09:21 Edited at: 29th May 2016 09:23
this morning sees the beginning of adding code to allow the user to include ammo pickups, so will see how much I can achieve before doing a load of much needed chores

ok where's me avatar gone
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2016 16:49
Quote: "this morning sees the beginning of adding code to allow the user to include ammo pickups, so will see how much I can achieve before doing a load of much needed chores"
whoo hoo

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2016 19:20
most of the code written and working well (between house chores and so far tested on Win10 32bit), so the conversion process works well just got to physically copy the media over to their corresponding GameGuru entitybank/gamecore folders and viola will be releasing 1.6 to everyone once I've tested out 2 or 3 weapons with their relevant ammo pickups. The code also detects whether a user has tried selecting anything other than an ammo FPE and if it's not ammo then prompts the user if they want to continue and to backup any gamecore files etc to be on safe side. This might need some tweaking later but seems to work fairly well so far.
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2016 19:28
Great news,glad to hear all going well so far .

Dave
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2016 22:46
tested a couple of weapons scifi assualtrifle and ww2 tommygun, all works perfectly. maybe try a couple more out that aren't "out of the box" then release time.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2016 23:43 Edited at: 29th May 2016 23:44
some pics for version 1.6 ....

Attachments

Login to view attachments
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2016 00:04
Very cool .

Dave
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2016 07:37 Edited at: 30th May 2016 13:39
thanks Dave In all the excitement and concentrating on ammo pickups, I forgot that I need to include the actual weapon as an entity too. Will add code in this morning, test and then all being well, release 1.6.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2016 09:04 Edited at: 30th May 2016 11:49
weapon pickup code added and works (phew !!). a bit of testing and tweaking where needed then will release to segwelder purchasers

[update-works a charm-tested on AT9mm suppressed -(my fav gun so far ) and non-suppressed, ww2 tommygun and scifi assaultrifle]

will release soon and place video tut here at some point

Attachments

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2016 14:27
video guide to 1.6:

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2016 15:44
email with dropbox link containing version 1.6 now sent to all purchaser of welder tool...
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2016 23:25 Edited at: 31st May 2016 03:12
some hands turn out wrong. ( MP 5 shorty shotgun, and ingram) MP 10, AK74M looks good in game, but in the editor it shows up as black,(no texture)

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2016 06:38 Edited at: 31st May 2016 06:55
@MK83-I'll take a look
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2016 08:03 Edited at: 31st May 2016 08:28
ok for the hands not coming out correctly, I have a solution but it's not programmable. you will need Fragmotion or your fav modelling program.
video to come as I find it easier to show that way than explain in words. Haven't looked at the black texture issue, but sounds like an FPE or texture mapping issue somewhere, should be easy to fix.

@MK83- which model pack for the ingram as mine comes out fine in the editor I chose the ingram from model pack 6?
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2016 09:35 Edited at: 31st May 2016 13:17
Here is a video showing how to fix the incorrect textures being applied to the weapon HUD. I did this in Fragmotion, but you can probably do same in your favourite modelling package.

MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2016 14:28 Edited at: 31st May 2016 14:57
Quote: "@MK83- which model pack for the ingram as mine comes out fine in the editor I chose the ingram from model pack 6?"
Yes the same, model pack 6.

EDIT: just watched your video. Awesome, by the way. Now I will give it a try.

PM
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2016 15:32
Got the hands showing up properly now, thanks. Below are three screenshots of the black texture problem I am having.
First one is in the editor in free flight mode. I also places the ingram beside the AK74 so to see the difference.
Second pic is in test game. The last one is in test game after I picked it up. I also uploaded the gunspec and .fpe files
for you to check out.

Attachments

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2016 16:31
@MK83-cheers for that-I'll take a look after work
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2016 06:35
The black texture issue now fixed for the weapon and ammo pickup, found a couple of typos in my program. will look into the repeating sound issue I found with one of the weapons. once tested again, will release 1.6.1.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2016 08:38
for the annoying repeating sound e.g. for the MPK5 suppressed and normal MPK5 weapons just comment out the "SOUNDFRAMES=xx" parameter with a semi-colon. all editor texture issues now resolved and some other minor tweaking done. will release 1.6.1 shortly.

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2016 08:54
released 1.6.1 to relevant email addresses.
PartTimeCoder
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the update, this tool is working really well now, but not sure if your aware but the weapon pickup leaves only a single bullet in the chamber and nothing in the clip and ammo pickups are only giving 1 or 2 bullets per clip, its easy fixed by editing the fpe but is it possible to use the values from FPSC?

also, how would I go about adding M79 ammo (projectile), I looked over the RPG fpe for clues but tbh it makes no scene to me as I don't know what I'm looking at
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2016 12:35 Edited at: 1st Jun 2016 12:39
@PartTimeCoder: thanks for your comments (I was beginning to think I was talking to myself ) --I noticed this too , however all original values from the gunspec.txt and pickup FPE's are carried over into GameGuru so should work the same. You can edit the FPE or change the value in the GameGuru Editor. Regarding projectiles, they are a little more complicated but after work if I have time will post a "how to do projectiles manually" tut until I figure out a way to do it within the tool itself. I will do some double checking as I'm making a game at the moment and really need to make sure this tool works correctly.
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2016 14:18
Thanks BOTR for the update.

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2016 17:54
no problem at all, hope it works ok.... still a fair bit to do...
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2016 20:59
all good so far, black texture fixed now. Thanks.

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2016 22:45
@MK83- glad the updates works for you.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2016 07:11 Edited at: 2nd Jun 2016 12:49
for projectiles, here is a previous vid I did back in March that shows how I got the ww2\bazooka to shoot a projectile using GameGuru rpg grenade. All projectiles have their own spec and media within the projectiles folder within gamecore. I also used same method for ww2 grenades but used the handgrenade projectile in Gameguru, but it's not quite right. Still working out the projectile side of things.

[update-added the vid for the ww2 grenade]

PartTimeCoder
Years of Service
User Offline
ok so I got that far, got the M79 shooting rpg ammo, so I duplicated all the rpg stuff (ammo, flak and projectile) and renamed to m79, pointed to them in the gunspec and nothing, only way I could get it to work was edit the original rpg projectile to behave like the m79 but that means I can not use the m79 and rpg in the same game, are projectiles hardcoded?
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2016 13:43
yeah, I think projectiles are hard coded as tried copying the projectiles and renaming and they don't work. The only params that you can use are "poolammo=" and "flak=". It doesn't seems to like me changing the projectile to something like "projectile = myww2grenade" as an example. Shucks that is poop
PartTimeCoder
Years of Service
User Offline
sometimes, working with GG is like trying to juggle wearing handcuffs!

don't get me wrong I love this program but it annoys the living daylights outer me sometimes, the mechanism is already there but we do not have access is a repeating theme!

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2016 15:15
I know what you mean, a lot of stumbling blocks at the moment, see this link to confirm what I kinda guessed already

https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/213435#msg2529884
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2016 15:18 Edited at: 2nd Jun 2016 18:29
until harcoded stuff becomes well er un-hardcoded we are a bit stuck with RPG / Grenades / Fireballs from outta the box .
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2016 15:47
I did the ww2 Mas36 gun, all turned out good except the scope when I hold right mouse button. Attached is what I get instead of the scope. Can you help with this?

Attachments

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2016 17:21
@MK83-I think I fixed that recently, unless I'm confusing myself with another weapon. I'll take a look. It's something to do with the scope1.dds, but I need to have another look to refresh the old grey cells
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2016 18:08
Okay

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2016 18:13
So what I did was used the tool to convert over (don't use customised icon). Opened up the gunspec, and changed:

zoomscope = scope1.tga -> zoomscope = scope1.dds
uncommented soundframes = 4

and that was it. I think originally, I used the original hud_icon.dds. This somehow conflicted, but this time I used the GameGuru Sniper rifle icon.

hope that helps.

MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2016 01:58
Quote: "zoomscope = scope1.tga -> zoomscope = scope1.dds
uncommented soundframes = 4"
didn't seem to work.

PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 12:23:13